BBCodes which breaks on mobile screen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Uuko

Original poster
I've been having a few conflicts with other role players about how bbcode apparently breaks their screen when they view from their mobile phones. What bothers me the most is that even within the mobile users their opinions differ - most likely different models result in different results. I personally am unable to access Iwaku on a mobile screen [s-sob I will get a phone with browser capabilities one day...] and so I can't really test this out myself.

Two main questions I wanted to ask about this are as follows:

1. For anyone using or used their phones to view Iwaku, what are some of the bbcodes which breaks easily and what are those that doesn't really break? So far I've been getting a lot of comments about how the stabs and slider codes mess up while spoiler and fieldbox codes are okay.

2. Is there a way to check how a page on Iwaku would look like on a typical phone screen via computer?

1. For anyone using or used their phones to view Iwaku, what are some of the bbcodes which breaks easily and what are those that doesn't really break? So far I've been getting a lot of comments about how the stabs and slider codes mess up while spoiler and fieldbox codes are okay.
For me I have never seen a code break on my Nokia Lumia 635 phone :D YAAAAAAAAY *Jumps around happily*

2. Is there a way to check how a page on Iwaku would look like on a typical phone screen via computer?

MobileTest.me - Test your mobile sites and responsive web designs (It isn't working for me, it only shows a white screen when I type in iwakuroleplay.com, but it might be only my computer.)
Mobile phone emulator (by COWEMO)
Mobile Emulator - Test Your Website On Mobile - brick&mobile

These only have the most common phone devices as a choice, so it won't tell you much about the less commonly used phones. An old school phone that doesn't have touch screen will work very differently from these things.

The problem might not be the bbcodes themselves, but the way the poster coded their bbcode. Many people do not consider how their post is going to look on a tablet or mobile screen, so when they put together complicated bbcode posts with things that include stuff like height + width it won't adjust for alternate screens. D:

Status
Not open for further replies.