BBCode Required?

B

Briar

Original poster
I'm an extremely technologically inept individual, and while I kind of know what coding is (I'm learning, and it's a very, very slow process), I don't know how to implement bbcode for making fancy threads or posts or anything like that. So, I wanted to find out for sure whether or not having bbcode in threads or posts was a requirement-- it doesn't sound like it is, but there's enough focus on it in multiple forums and discussions that I'd like to know for certain. Can I write on here with just really plain, boring-looking threads and posts? I'll learn as I go, but I don't have the skills as I stand right now.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Greenie
It isn't required in the slightest, thankfully! =D It can be fun, though.

If you want to learn, the Help section in the top of the site has a guide to all of our available codes that's fairly easy to digest, and easy to find if you need to reference it often (like I do).

• Bucket of Rainbows
Aye, like Moody said, it's absolutely not at all necessary to use BBCode for your posts! I hardly use it personally, although it can be fun to try things out. However, there are many who appreciate plain and simple. To each their own, don't like pretty codes intimidate you!

It isn't required in the slightest, thankfully! =D It can be fun, though.

If you want to learn, the Help section in the top of the site has a guide to all of our available codes that's fairly easy to digest, and easy to find if you need to reference it often (like I do).
Aye, like Moody said, it's absolutely not at all necessary to use BBCode for your posts! I hardly use it personally, although it can be fun to try things out. However, there are many who appreciate plain and simple. To each their own, don't like pretty codes intimidate you!

Ah, thank you both so much! I'm relieved to hear I can stay under my technological rock, for now at least. I'll be sure to peek around the help section, and maaaybe someday I'll try and pretty up a post or two. Thanks again! :)

• Love
You're very welcome! I hope you have lots of fun here! <3