RESOURCE BBCode Help

Astroblaze

Traverser#824|The Ally|Autobot|Knight of Doom
Roleplay Invitations
Group Roleplays, One on One Roleplays
Posting Speed
A Few Posts a Week, One Post a Week, Slow As Molasses
My Usual Online Time
my schedule is very flexible (probably more than it should be tbh) but my best times are generally 4pm-9pm M-F and 12pm-9pm weekends
Writing Levels
Intermediate, Adept, Adaptable
Genders You Prefer Playing
Male, Female, Androgynous, No Preferences
Playing Style- Passive or Aggressive
passive leanings at first, aggressive leanings once familiar
Favorite Genres
fantasy, sci-fi, superheroes, action, adventure, combat, science fantasy, supernatural, hurt/comfort, modern fantasy
hey! so I'm working out some details in my profile template to make it mobile-friendly. this is what I have so far of the header:

NAME/ALIAS

Code:
[div=background:radial-gradient(#fff, #fff, #94f9f9); max-width: 800px !important; margin: 5px; border: 1px solid #94f9f9; border-radius: 30px;][div=display: flex; flex-wrap: nowrap; text-align: center; color: black;][div=flex: 0.1; font-size: 50px;]〔[/div][div=flex:1; padding: 5px; margin: 5px 0px 5px 0px; font-size: 30px;][FONT=Handlee][b]NAME/ALIAS[/b][/FONT][/div][div=flex: 0.1; font-size: 50px;]〕[/div][/div][/div]
what I'm trying to do is to get those little framing bits to line up with the left and right edges of the box respectively so that the name text will wrap inside them without them moving -- just stretching to match the height of the box. I've looked at a few divbox and flexbox tutorials and references and what I have so far seems like it should be correct, but it's still not doing what I want. at the very least I'd like the frames to stay vertically centered no matter the number of lines in the name

if it helps, I attempted to draw what I'm shooting for -- it's a bit scribbly, hope it's legible ^^"
View attachment 181960
Sorry for the late response! Anyway, looking at your question the first thought that came up was to use the font-size:(calc). However, after testing it myself I have found that the formula doesn't work anymore, so I had to do some research on responsive texts and how to create them. From there I have found the next best solution, I suppose.

Name / Alias

Code:
[div=background:radial-gradient(#fff, #fff, #94f9f9); max-width: 800px !important; margin: 5px; border: 1px solid #94f9f9; border-radius: 30px;][div=display: flex; flex-wrap: nowrap; text-align: center; color: black;][div=flex: 0.1; font-size: 10vmax; ]〔[/div][div=flex:1; padding: 8% 0% 12% 0%; font-size: 4vmin;][FONT=Handlee][b] NAME / ALIAS [/b][/FONT][/div][div=flex: 0.1; font-size: 10vmax; height: 100%;]〕[/div][/div][/div]

guide I used: Font size relative to the user's screen resolution?

What I did was switch out your font-size to a viewport (v) rather than pixels (px). Read the discussion I linked above for more information since it certainly is useful for when you want to create responsive texts! Hope that helps!
Thanks so much for the reply! I was starting to think no one was ever going to answer this ;^; it's still not doing what I want tho -- comparing your code to mine, it's now stuck at a height that's obnoxiously huge on larger screens so still not adapting to screen size :( I'm wondering now tho if it might work better actually to stick the frame in the background itself, as a transparent image over the gradient. not sure if it'd let me layer backgrounds like that tho. maybe I'm just left with discarding the frames altogether :/ thanks for giving your feedback tho!

Absyinthe

Creator of Worlds
Roleplay Invitations
Not Taking RP Invites at this Time
Posting Speed
One Post a Day, A Few Posts a Week, One Post a Week
My Usual Online Time
Everyday
Writing Levels
Intermediate, Adept, Advanced, Adaptable
Genders You Prefer Playing
Male, Female, Androgynous
Playing Style- Passive or Aggressive
A little bit of both.
Favorite Genres
Fantasy, Modern, Magical, Sc-fi, Horror, Steampunk, anything really
Genre You DON'T Like
I don't really mind Yaoi but something that doesn't have a good plot.
Hello there! I was wondering if anyone knew a thing or two about anchors and could help me with my layout?
So here is a screenshot of the basic layout:

The bottom div should be in the same spot as the right one. and I want it so that when I click on the links in the left navigation box it switches to the div with the corresponding anchor. Is there any way to go about this?

darkmaster006

a faerie
Posting Speed
A Few Posts a Week
Writing Levels
Intermediate, Adept, Advanced
Hello! So I was wondering if anyone had made or knew how to make a simple code similar to this one:
I've copied the code to here, but it does not work, I guess they are different BBCode Systems? Any help is appreciated!