Not open for further replies.

rissa

the clairvoyant pterodactyl
Original poster
VENGEANCE
DONATING MEMBER
MYTHICAL MEMBER
BBCODE AND DIVBOX INQUIRIES
A place specifically designed for bbcode and divbox related questions! Need help figuring out a bit of code? Not sure why your code keeps breaking? Unsure if what you want to do is even possible? Fret not! This thread's creation is for the sole purpose of helping you figure out your coding, one question at a time.
F. A. Q.
H E L P F U LxxL I N K S

Last edited:
What's the code to have the text wrap around the image? I used to use BIMG but that's gone now. I tried IMGA per Diana's post but the text doesn't wrap around the image.

Divs seem to be the best option. Here's one that will adjust size and float position:

Code:
[url=LINK][div=margin: 0px 0px 10px 10px; background-position: top -2px; height: 150px; width: 150px; background: url(IMAGE); background-size: cover; float: right; border: 2px solid; border-radius: 10px;][color=transparent]ignore me[/color][/div][/url]

Along with that, you'll want to use the divtionary.

• Thank You
Reactions: Nemopedia
Hi all,

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Aenean tempus dolor in quam euismod rutrum. In at efficitur eros. Quisque id faucibus nisi, in congue purus. Morbi nisl orci, luctus non ultrices non, vestibulum non enim. Quisque metus elit, ultrices tincidunt nibh eget, cursus accumsan erat. Curabitur et lectus eget arcu placerat venenatis. Praesent vitae odio et sem luctus efficitur. Phasellus egestas mi quis magna vulputate commodo. Suspendisse fermentum, massa ac lobortis scelerisque, enim augue faucibus arcu, ac rhoncus nisl massa sed sapien. Ut tortor ligula, dictum ut tincidunt vel, consectetur sed urna. Nam euismod mi diam, vitae facilisis neque accumsan eget. Donec iaculis convallis tempus. Vestibulum nec neque volutpat, sagittis metus quis, imperdiet leo. Mauris nec urna rhoncus, blandit dolor vitae, egestas dolor.

How do I fit the scrollbar into the gray div, so it doesn't spill over the corners?

Fwiw, I did try using the method in the Divtionary link, but I'm having trouble making it work. I'm not sure whether to put the Box 1 code in the gray or white div, or how to make the scrollbar fit vertically.

EDIT: while I'm at it, why does the scrolling look so funky? How can I fix that?

Last edited:
Hi all,

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Aenean tempus dolor in quam euismod rutrum. In at efficitur eros. Quisque id faucibus nisi, in congue purus. Morbi nisl orci, luctus non ultrices non, vestibulum non enim. Quisque metus elit, ultrices tincidunt nibh eget, cursus accumsan erat. Curabitur et lectus eget arcu placerat venenatis. Praesent vitae odio et sem luctus efficitur. Phasellus egestas mi quis magna vulputate commodo. Suspendisse fermentum, massa ac lobortis scelerisque, enim augue faucibus arcu, ac rhoncus nisl massa sed sapien. Ut tortor ligula, dictum ut tincidunt vel, consectetur sed urna. Nam euismod mi diam, vitae facilisis neque accumsan eget. Donec iaculis convallis tempus. Vestibulum nec neque volutpat, sagittis metus quis, imperdiet leo. Mauris nec urna rhoncus, blandit dolor vitae, egestas dolor.

How do I fit the scrollbar into the gray div, so it doesn't spill over the corners?

Fwiw, I did try using the method in the Divtionary link, but I'm having trouble making it work. I'm not sure whether to put the Box 1 code in the gray or white div, or how to make the scrollbar fit vertically.

EDIT: while I'm at it, why does the scrolling look so funky? How can I fix that?

Sorry for the late response. I’m on my phone and can’t see the scroller, which will be so for a while. However, in the white box you will have to open another element for the overflow hidden and width and then proceed. So:

[div of the gray box] [div of the white box + first part of the scroller] [div of the second part of the scroller ] text [close all divs]

Hope that helps!

• Thank You
Reactions: Mollisol
So I've encountered a little mobile bug and I'm not quite sure how to fix it.

When I view this on mobile, the header text ('Jesse De Laurentis') ends up floating all the way to the right, causing the page to scroll horizontally. I'm not quite sure how to fix it so that it stays in the same place both on mobile and on desktop, or if that's possible at all.

Hello!!

I'm new here and this coding is a bit different than the coding I did on a previous RP site.

Is there a way I could view other peoples' codes just to see the structure. I 1000% never never steal anyone's code. I was just like to see how some other people structure it so I have a bouncing off point with my own testing and exploration.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!!

Hello!!

I'm new here and this coding is a bit different than the coding I did on a previous RP site.

Is there a way I could view other peoples' codes just to see the structure. I 1000% never never steal anyone's code. I was just like to see how some other people structure it so I have a bouncing off point with my own testing and exploration.

Messaging the owners of the code you'd like to peek through and asking for permission is always appreciated. If they agree to it and you ask, they'll usually send you the raw code in the form of a spoiler/code box.

You can, however, click the "reply" button on any post (unless the thread has been locked) and view the raw code like that.

Last edited:
Hello!!

Messaging the owners of the code you'd like to peek through and asking for permission is always appreciated. If they agree to it and you ask, they'll usually send you the raw code in the form of a spoiler/code box.

You can, however, click the "reply" button on any post (unless the tread has been locked) and view the raw code like that.

Thank you!! I completely agree about asking for permission. And I appreciate the help :)

Reactions: rissa
Hello!!

Hit the reply button underneath their post when you have your text box set to plaintext. ;3 That's the cogwheel at the far right.

Hello!!

Hit the reply button underneath their post when you have your text box set to plaintext. ;3 That's the cogwheel at the far right.

Thank you!!

Status
Not open for further replies.