BBCode Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alrighty, so after tons of messing around and getting help, I have a big buttload of divs on my post and I was wondering if there'd be a way to put everything into one div/one "template" so to speak instead of multiple separate ones so it's more condensed and simple? o_o I know it'd be a bit tricky and probably take some time but how would you go about doing this?

Testing Thread (Link to appearance of code)

Code:
[div=height: 100px; width:100px; padding:9px; margin:1px;][div="margin:1em; display:inline-block; border-radius: 4px; width: 32px; height: 32px; box-shadow: 0 0 2px 1px #250F71;"][div="opacity: 0.125; width: 32px; height: 32px; overflow: hidden;"][div="position: absolute; top: -134px; left: 0;"][media=youtube]KxYrQcycDMM[/media][/div][/div][/div][/div][CENTER][FONT=Rock Salt][SIZE=7][COLOR=#250F71][B]Indigo[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]

[CENTER][FONT=Play][SIZE=4][B][URL='https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/'][COLOR=rgb(37, 15, 113)]▼out of character[/COLOR][/URL] [URL='https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/'] [COLOR=#250F71]▲ in character[/COLOR][/URL] [URL='https://discordapp.com/invite/rjVTc46'][COLOR=#250F71]▼ discord[/COLOR][/URL] [URL='https://open.spotify.com/user/metalqueen1/playlist/6KvisYINGjKYaRYsGqKOAn'][COLOR=rgb(37, 15, 113)]▲ spotify[/COLOR][/URL][/B][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER][div= 
   max-width: 650px !important; 
   height: auto;
   margin: auto auto;]
[div=
   display: flex;][div=
   flex: 1; 
   margin: 11px;
   border: 1px solid #000;][div=
   padding: 4px;][FONT=Play][SIZE=4]RULES & EXPECTATIONS[/SIZE][/FONT][hr=border: 1px solid #250F71;][/hr][FONT=Roboto][SIZE=3]1. Follow all Iwaku roleplay guidelines.
2. Be respectful to your fellow players. This means asking permission for things like auto-hit and killing.
3. No godmodding. Your character is not God, just as the GMs characters are not God.
4. Please follow all posting expectations, which includes having advanced writing level and being able to frequently post as often as stated.
5. You may detail sexually suggestive scenarios, but they must be in spoilers. You cannot, however, write sexually explicit material. 
6. On the topic of sexual content itself, you must fade to black if your characters get to that point.
7. As GM, I reserve the right and privilege to remove any character or player I deem unfit for the roleplay.[/SIZE][/FONT][/div][/div]
[div=
   margin: 4px;
   padding: 11px;][FONT=Play][SIZE=4]IMPORTANT INFORMATION[/SIZE][/FONT][hr=border: 1px solid #250F71;][/hr][FONT=Roboto][SIZE=3]GENRE: Post-Apocalyptic, Paranormal
SETTING: Chicago, Illinois
WRITING LEVEL: Advanced
KEYWORDS: Post-Apocalyptic, Paranormal, Supernatural, Drama, Religion, Political Intrigue, Sci fi
WARNINGS: Murder, Violence, Mindfuck, Language
POSTING FREQUENCY: Moderate to Slow  (1-2x daily to 3-4x weekly)
RESTRICTIONS: 18+ Preferred[/SIZE][/FONT][/div][/div]
[/div][/div]
[div=margin: auto; width: 630px;][font=Play][size=4]THE PREMISE[/size][/font][hr=border: 1px solid #250F71;][/hr]
[div=width:630px; margin: auto;][FONT=Roboto][SIZE=3]For centuries, Mother Earth has lived in chaos, deception, and turmoil. In 2025, the poverty rates soar, mortality rates rise, and a number of adults are unemployed. There's no hope for mankind unless we awaken our souls and consider change. Spirituality and destiny walk hand in hand among a very low percentage of the Earth's population. Intuitiveness and senses beyond normal means may be the key to ending war and destruction of Mother Nature.

Which begs the question: Are you an Indigo child?

During the 1970s, an organization known as INDIGO came into this world by Alexandra Harper and Quentin Lyles, twin flames and extraordinary psychospiritualists. The INDIGO organization had a mission- create change, spiritually awaken those around them, and restore peace to Mother Earth. The organization gathered children thought to possess abilities beyond scientific explanation. They identified potential Indigo children by three signs:

1. [url=https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/ac/06/73/ac06730c094bfa61db39b865f478469a.jpg]The mark of Indigo[/url]

2. Sharp intuitiveness and empathy

3. An "Indigo" aura

These were genuine signs that an Indigo child had been born and needed guidance into the spiritual realm where profound understanding and destiny became one. Over time, more and more Indigo children began to surface and the concept of spirituality and a deeper meaning to life began to spread and dominate Christianity and other religions. War, crime, and hatred from an unknown source stirred just beneath the surface, however.

June 10th, 1996, over a hundred nuclear reactors exploded across the continents, leaving Mother Earth in shambles and her children to search and survive endlessly on what was left. Millions of children with the mark of Indigo passed away not long after. Alexandra and Quentin were unfortunately among the many that died that day. Their haven near London was burned to the ground, nothing left to salvage or harness the energy from.

That was twenty nine years ago, this is now.

Indigo children are living in few numbers; they're near extinct on the radar.

Everyone is fighting to survive.

Humans and secret Indigo children are living in ransacked buildings, others on the streets. Crime rates have gone up and despite the security some people may have in their lives, nowhere is truly safe for anyone. A bigger threat looms over their lives, waiting for the opportune moment to wipe Indigo children from the face of the Earth. No one knows who they are, if it's one person or a group. Some sit and wait, others take action.

How far can they go before they hit breaking point?

What is truly worth fighting for?[/SIZE][/FONT][/div][/div]
[div= 
   margin: auto;]
[div=
   margin: 3px;
   padding: 3px;][FONT=Play][SIZE=4]POWERS & ABILITIES[/SIZE][/FONT][hr=border: 1px solid #250F71;][/hr][font=Roboto][size=3] Clairvoyance, Astral Projection [USER=21947]@espoir[/USER]
???, Force Field Manipulation [USER=13586]@DustBunny[/USER]
Empathic Perception, Body Temp. Manipulation [USER=25295]@Tyche[/USER][/size][/font][/div][/div][div=
   padding: 3px;][FONT=Play][SIZE=4]CHAKRAS[/SIZE][/FONT][hr=border: 1px solid #250F71;][/hr][FONT=Roboto][SIZE=3][font=Roboto][size=3] First Chakra [USER=25295]@Tyche[/USER]
Second Chakra
Third Chakra
Fourth Chakra
Fifth Chakra
Sixth Chakra [USER=21947]@espoir[/USER]
Seventh Chakra
Eighth Chakra [USER=13586]@DustBunny[/USER][/size][/font][/SIZE][/FONT][/div][/div][/div][/div]
[div= 
[div=
   padding: 3px;][FONT=Play][SIZE=4]CHARACTER SHEET FORMAT[/SIZE][/FONT][hr=border: 1px solid #250F71;][/hr][font=Roboto][size=3] 
Full Name: First Middle Last 
Nickname: 
Aliases: None
Pronunciation: 

Age: ?? years old (must be age range 18 to 30, exceptions are made on a case by case basis)
Chakra: Which chakra is strongest in your character?
Nationality: People seem to confuse nationality and ethnicity together, so I will try and help clear that up. Nationality is where you are born, it can also be where you were raised. For example, if you were born in Ukraine and moved to United States at seven years old and grew up in United States, you would be American. Keep in mind, if your character comes from another country, that some countries don't recognize dual citizenship, like Ukraine, for example. 
Languages: 
Education: Highest education level graduated from (if they graduated from a college, tell us what they have a degree in and let us know if they graduated, are currently in progress, or didn't graduate). Or if a drop out, let us know what school.

Written Description: 
???

Biography: I'd like you to tie in personality and history together in here without revealing too much of the background, as I feel it's better when background is revealed during rp.

Aspirations & Regrets: 

Rank: Make this specific to age. Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced are the available ranks at this time. Please try to be diverse.
Specialty: What powers do they have? What power do they use more of? Which one is passive and which one is active? Cover the bases in depth, such as strengths, limitations, situations your power doesn't work too well in, and situations your power is advantageous,
Theme Song: Optional
Other: Optional[/size][/font][/div][/div][/div][/div]

I was wondering if there'd be a way to put everything into one div/one "template" so to speak instead of multiple separate ones so it's more condensed?
I'm not entirely sure what you mean o__o

edit: I mean each div is something in your code, ya know? I'm not sure what you're asking D:

I'm not entirely sure what you mean o__o

edit: I mean each div is something in your code, ya know? I'm not sure what you're asking D:

I guess I mean like, how to make the coding part look straight and pretty?? The codes just look like a jumbled mess. TTnTT

I guess I mean like, how to make the coding part look straight and pretty?? The codes just look like a jumbled mess. TTnTT

Lol welcome to coding. Looks like crap on the inside, so the outside can look pretty! :)

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: darkflames13
Lol welcome to coding. Looks like crap on the inside, so the outside can look pretty! :)

Well you guys have pretty straight divs all lined up vertically and mine are all horizontal and ugly lawl

Well you guys have pretty straight divs all lined up vertically and mine are all horizontal and ugly lawl
Wait - do you mean the borders/edges of the divs or the actual written code itself?

Wait - do you mean the borders/edges of the divs or the actual written code itself?

I think the actual code? I mean like this

[div=
display: flex;]
[div=
border: 1px solid #000;]
[div=
padding: 4px;]

but when I type it goes all

[div=height: 100px; width:100px; padding:9px; margin:1px;][div="margin:1em; display:inline-block; border-radius: 4px; width: 32px; height: 32px; box-shadow: 0 0 2px 1px #250F71;"][div="opacity: 0.125; width: 32px; height: 32px; overflow: hidden;"][div="position: absolute; top: -134px; left: 0;"][media=youtube]KxYrQcycDMM[/media][/div][/div][/div][/div]

And I was wondering how to make it look clean like first example? Do you guys use a site or something?

I think the actual code? I mean like this

[div=
padding: 4px;]

but when I type it goes all

[div=height: 100px; width:100px; padding:9px; margin:1px;][div="margin:1em; display:inline-block; border-radius: 4px; width: 32px; height: 32px; box-shadow: 0 0 2px 1px #250F71;"][div="opacity: 0.125; width: 32px; height: 32px; overflow: hidden;"][div="position: absolute; top: -134px; left: 0;"][media=youtube]KxYrQcycDMM[/media][/div][/div][/div][/div]

And I was wondering how to make it look clean like first example? Do you guys use a site or something?
It's how you write it out, is all.

I hit enter after each [ ; ] and three spaces so

[div=
height: 50px;
width: 300px;
background-color: #000;][/div]

• Thank You
Reactions: junebug
It's how you write it out, is all.

I hit enter after each [ ; ] and three spaces so

[div=
height: 50px;
width: 300px;
background-color: #000;][/div]

Gotcha. Thank ya!

No problem!!
You had me so confused for a minute I was like "what on earth..." xD

xD Sometimes there's a certain thing I want but it's difficult for me to put in words sometimes xD

So one more question lol! Is there a way to get rid of this space???

a space.png

Code:
[div="margin: 9em; display:inline-block; border-radius: 4px; width: 32px; height: 32px; box-shadow: 0 0 2px 1px #250F71;"][div="opacity: 0.125; width: 32px; height: 32px; overflow: hidden;"]
[div="position: absolute; top: -134px; left: 0;"][media=youtube]KxYrQcycDMM[/media][/div][/div][/div][CENTER][FONT=Rock Salt][SIZE=7][COLOR=#250F71][B]Indigo[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]
[div= 
   margin: auto auto;]
[div=
   padding: 4px;][FONT=Play][SIZE=4]RULES & EXPECTATIONS[/SIZE][/FONT][hr=border: 1px solid #250F71;][/hr][FONT=Roboto][SIZE=3]1. Follow all Iwaku roleplay guidelines.
2. Be respectful to your fellow players. This means asking permission for things like auto-hit and killing.
3. No godmodding. Your character is not God, just as the GMs characters are not God.
4. Please follow all posting expectations, which includes having advanced writing level and being able to frequently post as often as stated.
5. You may detail sexually suggestive scenarios, but they must be in spoilers. You cannot, however, write sexually explicit material. 
6. On the topic of sexual content itself, you must fade to black if your characters get to that point.
7. As GM, I reserve the right and privilege to remove any character or player I deem unfit for the roleplay.[/SIZE][/FONT][/div][/div]
[div=
   padding: 11px;][FONT=Play][SIZE=4]IMPORTANT INFORMATION[/SIZE][/FONT][hr=border: 1px solid #250F71;][/hr][FONT=Roboto][SIZE=3]GENRE: Post-Apocalyptic, Paranormal
KEYWORDS: Post-Apocalyptic, Paranormal, Supernatural, Drama, Religion, Political Intrigue, Sci fi
POSTING FREQUENCY: Moderate to Slow  (1-2x daily to 3-4x weekly)
[/div][/div]
[div=margin: auto; width: 630px;][font=Play][size=4]THE PREMISE[/size][/font][hr=border: 1px solid #250F71;][/hr]
[div=width:630px; margin: auto;][FONT=Roboto][SIZE=3]For centuries, Mother Earth has lived in chaos, deception, and turmoil. In 2025, the poverty rates soar, mortality rates rise, and a number of adults are unemployed. There's no hope for mankind unless we awaken our souls and consider change. Spirituality and destiny walk hand in hand among a very low percentage of the Earth's population. Intuitiveness and senses beyond normal means may be the key to ending war and destruction of Mother Nature.

During the 1970s, an organization known as INDIGO came into this world by Alexandra Harper and Quentin Lyles, twin flames and extraordinary psychospiritualists. The INDIGO organization had a mission- create change, spiritually awaken those around them, and restore peace to Mother Earth. The organization gathered children thought to possess abilities beyond scientific explanation. They identified potential Indigo children by three signs:

1. [url=https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/ac/06/73/ac06730c094bfa61db39b865f478469a.jpg]The mark of Indigo[/url]

3. An "Indigo" aura

These were genuine signs that an Indigo child had been born and needed guidance into the spiritual realm where profound understanding and destiny became one. Over time, more and more Indigo children began to surface and the concept of spirituality and a deeper meaning to life began to spread and dominate Christianity and other religions. War, crime, and hatred from an unknown source stirred just beneath the surface, however.

June 10th, 1996, over a hundred nuclear reactors exploded across the continents, leaving Mother Earth in shambles and her children to search and survive endlessly on what was left. Millions of children with the mark of Indigo passed away not long after. Alexandra and Quentin were unfortunately among the many that died that day. Their haven near London was burned to the ground, nothing left to salvage or harness the energy from.

Humans and secret Indigo children are living in ransacked buildings, others on the streets. Crime rates have gone up and despite the security some people may have in their lives, nowhere is truly safe for anyone. A bigger threat looms over their lives, waiting for the opportune moment to wipe Indigo children from the face of the Earth. No one knows who they are, if it's one person or a group. Some sit and wait, others take action.

[div= 
[div=
   padding: 3px;][FONT=Play][SIZE=4]POWERS & ABILITIES[/SIZE][/FONT][hr=border: 1px solid #250F71;][/hr][font=Roboto][size=3] Clairvoyance, Astral Projection [USER=21947]@espoir[/USER]
Empathic Perception, Body Temp. Manipulation [USER=25295]@Tyche[/USER][/size][/font][/div][/div][div=
   padding: 3px;][FONT=Play][SIZE=4]CHAKRAS[/SIZE][/FONT][hr=border: 1px solid #250F71;][/hr][FONT=Roboto][SIZE=3][font=Roboto][size=3] First Chakra [USER=25295]@Tyche[/USER]
Second Chakra
Third Chakra
Fourth Chakra
Fifth Chakra
Seventh Chakra
Eighth Chakra [USER=13586]@DustBunny[/USER][/size][/font][/SIZE][/FONT][/div][/div][/div][/div]
[div= 
[div=
   padding: 3px;][FONT=Play][SIZE=4]CHARACTER SHEET FORMAT[/SIZE][/FONT][hr=border: 1px solid #250F71;][/hr][font=Roboto][size=3] 
Nickname: 
Pronunciation: 

Age: ?? years old (must be age range 18 to 30, exceptions are made on a case by case basis)
Nationality: People seem to confuse nationality and ethnicity together, so I will try and help clear that up. Nationality is where you are born, it can also be where you were raised. For example, if you were born in Ukraine and moved to United States at seven years old and grew up in United States, you would be American. Keep in mind, if your character comes from another country, that some countries don't recognize dual citizenship, like Ukraine, for example. 
Languages: 
Education: Highest education level graduated from (if they graduated from a college, tell us what they have a degree in and let us know if they graduated, are currently in progress, or didn't graduate). Or if a drop out, let us know what school.

Written Description: 
???

Biography: I'd like you to tie in personality and history together in here without revealing too much of the background, as I feel it's better when background is revealed during rp.

Aspirations & Regrets: 

Rank: Make this specific to age. Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced are the available ranks at this time. Please try to be diverse.
Specialty: What powers do they have? What power do they use more of? Which one is passive and which one is active? Cover the bases in depth, such as strengths, limitations, situations your power doesn't work too well in, and situations your power is advantageous,
Other: Optional[/size][/font][/div][/div][/div][/div]

@espoir try removing any line breaks between the nested divs.

Instead of
[div]
[div]

Try
[div][div]

@espoir try removing any line breaks between the nested divs.

Instead of
[div]
[div]

Try
[div][div]

Like this?

[div="margin: 9em; display:inline-block; border-radius: 4px; width: 32px; height: 32px; box-shadow: 0 0 2px 1px #250F71;"][div="opacity: 0.125; width: 32px; height: 32px; overflow: hidden;"][div="position: absolute; top: -134px; left: 0;"][media=youtube]KxYrQcycDMM[/media][/div][/div][/div][CENTER][FONT=Rock Salt][SIZE=7][COLOR=#250F71][B]Indigo[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]
[div=max-width: 650px !important; height: auto; margin: auto auto;][div= display: flex;][div= flex: 1; margin: 11px; height: auto; border: 1px solid #000;][div= padding: 4px;][FONT=Play][SIZE=4]RULES & EXPECTATIONS[/SIZE][/FONT][hr=border: 1px solid #250F71;][/hr][FONT=Roboto][SIZE=3]1. Follow all Iwaku roleplay guidelines.

Like this?

[div="margin: 9em; display:inline-block; border-radius: 4px; width: 32px; height: 32px; box-shadow: 0 0 2px 1px #250F71;"][div="opacity: 0.125; width: 32px; height: 32px; overflow: hidden;"][div="position: absolute; top: -134px; left: 0;"][media=youtube]KxYrQcycDMM[/media][/div][/div][/div][CENTER][FONT=Rock Salt][SIZE=7][COLOR=#250F71][B]Indigo[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]
[div=max-width: 650px !important; height: auto; margin: auto auto;][div= display: flex;][div= flex: 1; margin: 11px; height: auto; border: 1px solid #000;][div= padding: 4px;][FONT=Play][SIZE=4]RULES & EXPECTATIONS[/SIZE][/FONT][hr=border: 1px solid #250F71;][/hr][FONT=Roboto][SIZE=3]1. Follow all Iwaku roleplay guidelines.
Ye. You can still have line breaks between the properties tho, just not between the actual tags.

Ye. You can still have line breaks between the properties tho, just not between the actual tags.

Ah, well in that case, it didn't work. :c

I think the best way to fix this is with a small image or something unless there's another way of coding to try and fix it.

@espoir Moved myself to a desktop and looked into your code. Found that the culprit is the margin in the outermost div surrounding the player. xD 9em is a big value. Removing it removes the gap that you see.

@espoir Moved myself to a desktop and looked into your code. Found that the culprit is the margin in the outermost div surrounding the player. xD 9em is a big value. Removing it removes the gap that you see.

Ahhhh hmmm... Okay, so I removed it and it looks much better now haha! I can live with the music player not lining up with the rest of the code lol

Ahhhh hmmm... Okay, so I removed it and it looks much better now haha! I can live with the music player not lining up with the rest of the code lol
If you want, you can just move the player and the title into the div with the max-width. That should align it with the rest c:

If you want, you can just move the player and the title into the div with the max-width. That should align it with the rest c:

Ah, it worked! Only thing is that the "play" button is out of the box and I don't know what part controls the play button and if there's a way to move the player a little more to the right, that'd be nice as well.

Testing Thread

[code][div=max-width: 650px !important; height: auto; margin: auto auto;][div="
display:inline-block;
border-radius: 4px;
width: 32px;
height: 32px;
box-shadow: 0 0 2px 1px #250F71;"]
[div="
opacity: 0.125;
width: 32px;
height: 32px;
overflow: hidden;"]
[div="
position: absolute;
top: -134px;
left: 0;"][media=youtube]KxYrQcycDMM[/media]
[/div][/div][/div][CENTER][FONT=Rock Salt][SIZE=7][COLOR=#250F71][B]Perception[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER][CENTER][FONT=Play][url=https://www.iwakuroleplay.com][COLOR=#250F71]IN CHARACTER[/COLOR][/url] [COLOR=#250F71]▼[/COLOR] [url=https://discord.gg/rjVTc46][COLOR=#250F71]DISCORD[/COLOR][/url] [COLOR=#250F71]▲[/COLOR] [url=https://open.spotify.com/user/metalqueen1/playlist/6KvisYINGjKYaRYsGqKOAn][COLOR=#250F71]SPOTIFY[/COLOR][/url] [COLOR=#250F71]▼[/COLOR][url=https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/threads/indigo-paranormal-rp-6-8.162449/] [COLOR=#250F71]INTEREST CHECK[/COLOR][/url][/FONT][/CENTER][div=display: flex;]
[div= flex: 1; margin: 11px; height: auto; border: 1px solid #000;][div= padding: 4px;][FONT=Play][SIZE=4]RULES & EXPECTATIONS[/SIZE][/FONT][hr=border: 1px solid #250F71;][/hr][FONT=Roboto][SIZE=3]1. Follow all Iwaku roleplay guidelines.
[div=
POSTING FREQUENCY: Moderate to Slow (1-2x daily to 3-4x weekly)
[/div][/div]

3. An "Indigo" aura

[div=
[div=
Second Chakra
Third Chakra
Fourth Chakra
Fifth Chakra
Seventh Chakra
[div=
[div=
Nickname:
Pronunciation:

Languages:

Written Description:
???

Aspirations & Regrets:

Other: Optional[/size][/font][/div][/div][/div][/div][/code]

Status
Not open for further replies.