BBCode Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uhm, nobody answered my question...

Please try to be patient. Someone will get to it :) Some questions are a little easier to answer, and this isn't necessarily a 'first come, first serve' thread. I'm primarily on mobile at the moment, so I can't code as easily. I'm also not 100% sure what you're trying to do, so I don't really have the answer, and I don't really want to steer you in the wrong direction.

My suggest is, experiment on putting it in different locations, and if that doesn't work, hopefully someone will get a chance to answer you !

Please try to be patient. Someone will get to it :) Some questions are a little easier to answer, and this isn't necessarily a 'first come, first serve' thread. I'm primarily on mobile at the moment, so I can't code as easily. I'm also not 100% sure what you're trying to do, so I don't really have the answer, and I don't really want to steer you in the wrong direction.

My suggestion is, experiment on putting it in different locations, and if that doesn't work, hopefully, someone will get a chance to answer you!

What I was trying to do, is, there is a main 'block' where the text is that has a solid pink background; I want to make that a slightly transparent scroller, so you can see the full background while still being able to read the text. Was thinking maybe Opacity 0.75? But again, I don't know how or where to insert the scroller and the opacity in the Div section of the code. = /

What I was trying to do, is, there is a main 'block' where the text is that has a solid pink background; I want to make that a slightly transparent scroller, so you can see the full background while still being able to read the text. Was thinking maybe Opacity 0.75? But again, I don't know how or where to insert the scroller and the opacity in the Div section of the code. = /

I believe it would probably go in the same coding as the sqaure itself? You'll have to test it tho. I'm still on mobile.

To make the pink bg transparent while still having the text opaque you need to use rgba. In the first post there's a link to Color Hexa - type in the hex code you want and it'll have the rgba code for ya. I'm on break at work so my time here is limited -- but make sure there's no spaces in-between your commas.

Like this: rgba(255,255,255,0.9);

Testing Thread

Ok so I'm trying to move the darn player over to the right but it's messing everything up :( I tried floating it but that didn't work either; I'm not sure what's going on but when I put in numbers for the margin-right thingy it doesn't seem to wanna move over to the right??

[div=max-width: 720px !important; height: auto; margin-right:124px;][imga=left]https://cdnw.nickpic.host/m1TAiJ.jpg[/imga]
[div="
display:inline-block;
border-radius: 4px;
width: 32px;
height: 32px;
box-shadow: 0 0 2px 1px #A95360;"][div="
opacity: 0.125;
overflow: hidden;"][div="
position: absolute;
top: -134px;
left: 0;"][media=youtube]jL7vCBoVvcA[/media]
[/div][/div][/div][/div][div=max-width: 720px !important; height: auto; margin: auto auto; margin-center:1px;][div=font-size:40px; text-align:center; color: #A95360;][FONT=Alex Brush]Zahara Trevelyan[/FONT][/div][FONT=Crimson text][CENTER][SIZE=5][I]"I fight with my heart, not my head."[/I][/SIZE][/CENTER]
[COLOR=#A95360][size=6]Personal[/size][/COLOR]
Name (Pronunciation): Zahara Trevelyan (Zah-Har-ra Treh-vel-Yahn)
Nickname: None
Date of Birth (Age): First Spring 116 BC (27)
Height (Metric): 5'3" (160 cm)
Weight (Metric): 127 lb (57 kg)
Body Build: Athletic
Sexuality: Unknown

[COLOR=#A95360][SIZE=6]Appearance[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Zahara has long, wavy blonde hair that's usually pulled away from her face in braids. She stands about an inch taller than average height for women and has blue eyes. Her skin is fair and she wears her heart on her sleeve. She generally appears to be a calm and content individual. She typically wears the teal and white colors of her house and around her neck is an old-fashioned silver chain necklace with the Trevelyan animal sigil given to her by her mother before she passed away.

[COLOR=#A95360][SIZE=6]Attributes[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Loyalty: House Trevelyan, House Bolton
Religion: The Faith of the Seven, The Old Gods (Former)
Ambition: To prove herself as a woman in a man's world.

[COLOR=#A95360][SIZE=6]Personality[/SIZE][/COLOR]
There's a sense of dignity and innocence that often radiates from Zahara. She enjoys lady like customs and traditions, such as dance, sewing, and poetry. Zahara doesn't get angry easily and tends to go the diplomatic route (usually), before any other route. Men have mocked her for putting herself in such a position of power and have often talked her down for it. She's always tried to take it like a man would; to fight her bruised ego and stand up for herself instead of letting others get to her. As a result, Zahara can become impulsive.

She's hardly what one could consider cunning, but she feels she's quite adept in forming alliances and delegating tasks without lying. Her brash, talkative personality, however, also tends to be her greatest weakness. Zahara is more than willing to put herself out there without any care in the world. Zahara is a fierce individual; when someone challenges her, she won't back down without a fight. She's protective of her siblings and would rather take blame for something they did and bear the emotional baggage so they don't have to.

[COLOR=#A95360][SIZE=6]History[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Zahara was regal and disciplined as a child. She enjoyed sewing, playing the piano, and other feminine customs. She loved to read and write; She often wrote poetry and read the astrology textbooks in the library for hours. As her mind expanded, so did her heart. She was compassionate and loyal to her extended family and anyone who came to visit the Trevelyan house on account of visiting or some other reason. Zahara was a bit rude and disrespectful to Amber, however, because she was envious of her position in future leadership.

When she was fourteen years old, she began to mirror Amber. She viewed her older sister as a role model despite their rocky relationship in her younger years. Combat training, however, did not come easily to Zahara as it had Amber. She gave up on trying to impress her parents and reverted back to her old ways. Chess, diplomatic endevours; Zahara wasn't suited to the life of martial status. She revered in their advisor's work after hearing some controversy from other families about their unconventional customs.

Determined to prove them wrong, she went along on a mission in secret and shadowed their advisor from afar. That was the first time she experienced reality as a young lady, but it wouldn't be the last. Zahara was eager to travel on future diplomatic missions, however, her first trip didn't end well. As she'd gone away without supervision to a meeting restricted only to the Trevelyan advisor, she was given a stern, yet emotional lecture by her father.

[COLOR=#A95360][SIZE=6]Skills and Gear[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Skills and Various Traits: Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Phasellus gravida, elit et maximus pulvinar, felis augue ultrices velit, a dignissim purus ligula eget libero. Etiam euismod nisl non dui mattis egestas. Sed et scelerisque turpis. Vivamus pellentesque dolor eget tristique rhoncus. Phasellus convallis lectus lectus, at condimentum enim blandit sit amet. Quisque lacinia diam non risus elementum, finibus condimentum enim mollis. Phasellus consectetur aliquam eros. Nullam non volutpat dui, vitae dignissim nisi. Nullam finibus orci dui, ut sagittis ante accumsan vitae. Donec tempor nibh vitae libero aliquam, ut iaculis nulla consectetur. Aliquam erat volutpat. Aliquam eu venenatis odio, id blandit nibh. Ut semper dapibus elit ut scelerisque. Proin blandit ligula eget nisi luctus euismod. Nullam arcu neque, posuere vestibulum rutrum vel, feugiat nec elit.

[SIZE=5][i]Weapons[/i][/SIZE]
Name: Bow & Arrow
Description: She picked it up one day out of agitation and started firing arrows all over the place. It wasn't a savory situation, but a man on the field who held high respects to the Trevelyan house offered to teach her how to shoot one properly and she accepted. Zahara has been practicing bow and arrow for over nine years now.
Appearance:
[spoili][img]https://cdnw.nickpic.host/mDl8RX.jpg[/img][/spoili]

The bow itself is extremely worn out. There are scratch marks all over it here and there and the golden lacquer (as well as the brown lacquer itself) that was once carved on it has dulled. The bow string is falling apart, but is still decent. It could be in better shape if she brought it to a bowyer but she doesn't want to get it "fixed" because it holds sentimental value.

[SIZE=5][i]Armour and Attire[/I][/SIZE]
Name:
Description:
Appearance:

[COLOR=#A95360][SIZE=6]Relationships[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Family:
Carron Trevelyan, Father, Deceased
Josey Trevelyan, Mother, Deceased
Amber Trevelyan, Elder Sister, Alive
Acquaintances:
Jorvan, Trevelyan Retainer, Alive
Friends:
None
Allies:
House Bolton
Enemies:
None

[COLOR=#A95360][SIZE=6]Extra[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Theme Song is Arwen's Promise by Eurielle.
[/FONT][/div][FONT=Crimson text][/FONT][div=max-width: 720px !important; height: auto; margin: auto auto; margin-center:1px;][/div]

Sorry to bug folks here, but I've been looking all over, and I can't seem to find out how table headers or column spanning cells work here.

I've looked throught he thread and I've seen divs columns, but that's not quite what I'm looking for.

Mostly, I've been trying to use [th], but it's not working, and neither is [td colspan="2"] or [td=2]. Does the site's code not support these forms of BBcode, or am I messing this up somehow?

Not only that, but when I'm nesting tables inside of regular tabs, they're aligning to the bottom, and throwing a whole load of empty space up above them. Any idea why, 'cause this is confusing the hell outta me...[/td]

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to bug folks here, but I've been looking all over, and I can't seem to find out how table headers or column spanning cells work here.

I've looked throught he thread and I've seen divs columns, but that's not quite what I'm looking for.

Mostly, I've been trying to use [th], but it's not working, and neither is [td colspan="2"] or [td=2]. Does the site's code not support these forms of BBcode, or am I messing this up somehow?

Not only that, but when I'm nesting tables inside of regular tabs, they're aligning to the bottom, and throwing a whole load of empty space up above them. Any idea why, 'cause this is confusing the hell outta me...[/td]

Make sure after the code, you enter ';'. Like [td colspan="2";]

That ends that section of the code so you can add more.

Also, I believe it should be [td= colspan="2";]
FieryCold should be able to help. I'm on my phone so I can't tag them.[/td]

Sorry, can't edit my post now.

Code:
[td=colspan: "2";]
Random stuff here.
[/td]

Ok so I'm trying to move the darn player over to the right but it's messing everything up :( I tried floating it but that didn't work either; I'm not sure what's going on but when I put in numbers for the margin-right thingy it doesn't seem to wanna move over to the right??

Margin-right makes it move to the left actually. It adds a margin to the right side thereby pushing it to the left side. Margin-left will make it move to the right.
Float right works tho, just add a linebreak between the closing div of the player and the start of the div surrounding the text.

[spoili]
[div=max-width: 720px !important; height: auto; margin-right:124px;][imga=left]https://cdnw.nickpic.host/m1TAiJ.jpg[/imga]
[div="float:right;
[/div][/div][/div][/div]
[div=max-width: 720px !important; height: auto; margin: auto auto; margin-center:1px;][div=font-size:40px; text-align:center; color: #A95360;][FONT=Alex Brush]Zahara Trevelyan[/FONT][/div][FONT=Crimson text][CENTER][SIZE=5][I]"I fight with my heart, not my head."[/I][/SIZE][/CENTER]

Zahara has long, wavy blonde hair that's usually pulled away from her face in braids. She stands about an inch taller than average height for women and has blue eyes. Her skin is fair and she wears her heart on her sleeve. She generally appears to be a calm and content individual. She typically wears the teal and white colors of her house and around her neck is an old-fashioned silver chain necklace with the Trevelyan animal sigil given to her by her mother before she passed away.

There's a sense of dignity and innocence that often radiates from Zahara. She enjoys lady like customs and traditions, such as dance, sewing, and poetry. Zahara doesn't get angry easily and tends to go the diplomatic route (usually), before any other route. Men have mocked her for putting herself in such a position of power and have often talked her down for it. She's always tried to take it like a man would; to fight her bruised ego and stand up for herself instead of letting others get to her. As a result, Zahara can become impulsive.

She's hardly what one could consider cunning, but she feels she's quite adept in forming alliances and delegating tasks without lying. Her brash, talkative personality, however, also tends to be her greatest weakness. Zahara is more than willing to put herself out there without any care in the world. Zahara is a fierce individual; when someone challenges her, she won't back down without a fight. She's protective of her siblings and would rather take blame for something they did and bear the emotional baggage so they don't have to.

Zahara was regal and disciplined as a child. She enjoyed sewing, playing the piano, and other feminine customs. She loved to read and write; She often wrote poetry and read the astrology textbooks in the library for hours. As her mind expanded, so did her heart. She was compassionate and loyal to her extended family and anyone who came to visit the Trevelyan house on account of visiting or some other reason. Zahara was a bit rude and disrespectful to Amber, however, because she was envious of her position in future leadership.

When she was fourteen years old, she began to mirror Amber. She viewed her older sister as a role model despite their rocky relationship in her younger years. Combat training, however, did not come easily to Zahara as it had Amber. She gave up on trying to impress her parents and reverted back to her old ways. Chess, diplomatic endevours; Zahara wasn't suited to the life of martial status. She revered in their advisor's work after hearing some controversy from other families about their unconventional customs.

Determined to prove them wrong, she went along on a mission in secret and shadowed their advisor from afar. That was the first time she experienced reality as a young lady, but it wouldn't be the last. Zahara was eager to travel on future diplomatic missions, however, her first trip didn't end well. As she'd gone away without supervision to a meeting restricted only to the Trevelyan advisor, she was given a stern, yet emotional lecture by her father.

Skills and Various Traits: Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Phasellus gravida, elit et maximus pulvinar, felis augue ultrices velit, a dignissim purus ligula eget libero. Etiam euismod nisl non dui mattis egestas. Sed et scelerisque turpis. Vivamus pellentesque dolor eget tristique rhoncus. Phasellus convallis lectus lectus, at condimentum enim blandit sit amet. Quisque lacinia diam non risus elementum, finibus condimentum enim mollis. Phasellus consectetur aliquam eros. Nullam non volutpat dui, vitae dignissim nisi. Nullam finibus orci dui, ut sagittis ante accumsan vitae. Donec tempor nibh vitae libero aliquam, ut iaculis nulla consectetur. Aliquam erat volutpat. Aliquam eu venenatis odio, id blandit nibh. Ut semper dapibus elit ut scelerisque. Proin blandit ligula eget nisi luctus euismod. Nullam arcu neque, posuere vestibulum rutrum vel, feugiat nec elit.

Description: She picked it up one day out of agitation and started firing arrows all over the place. It wasn't a savory situation, but a man on the field who held high respects to the Trevelyan house offered to teach her how to shoot one properly and she accepted. Zahara has been practicing bow and arrow for over nine years now.
Appearance:

The bow itself is extremely worn out. There are scratch marks all over it here and there and the golden lacquer (as well as the brown lacquer itself) that was once carved on it has dulled. The bow string is falling apart, but is still decent. It could be in better shape if she brought it to a bowyer but she doesn't want to get it "fixed" because it holds sentimental value.

Name:
Description:
Appearance:

Family:
Acquaintances:
Friends:
None
Allies:
House Bolton
Enemies:
None

[/FONT][/div][FONT=Crimson text][/FONT][div=max-width: 720px !important; height: auto; margin: auto auto; margin-center:1px;][/div]
[/spoili]

Mostly, I've been trying to use [th], but it's not working, and neither is [td colspan="2"] or [td=2]. Does the site's code not support these forms of BBcode, or am I messing this up somehow?[/td]
[td=2]
Unfortunately, table headers and column spanning isn't supported by Iwaku's table bbcode (as far as I know of at least). A list of bbcodes supported by the site can be found [here]

Not only that, but when I'm nesting tables inside of regular tabs, they're aligning to the bottom, and throwing a whole load of empty space up above them. Any idea why, 'cause this is confusing the hell outta me...
That's interesting o: Never seen that happen before. Can you show us the code you were working with when this happened?[/td]

Margin-right makes it move to the left actually. It adds a margin to the right side thereby pushing it to the left side. Margin-left will make it move to the right.
Float right works tho, just add a linebreak between the closing div of the player and the start of the div surrounding the text.

[spoili]
[div="float:right;
[/div][/div][/div][/div]
[div=max-width: 720px !important; height: auto; margin: auto auto; margin-center:1px;][div=font-size:40px; text-align:center; color: #A95360;][FONT=Alex Brush]Zahara Trevelyan[/FONT][/div][FONT=Crimson text][CENTER][SIZE=5][I]"I fight with my heart, not my head."[/I][/SIZE][/CENTER]

Appearance:

Name:
Description:
Appearance:

Family:
Acquaintances:
Friends:
None
Allies:
House Bolton
Enemies:
None

[/spoili]

It works now. Thank you so much! I'm wondering what happened to the player sign though. Regardless, it works and I appreciate the time you took to help me. Thanks! :)

Reactions: darkflames13
Well, this is what it's doing:

• Physical Mental Social
    Strength: 1 Intellect: 1 Bearing: 1
    Dexterity: 1 Intuition: 1 Guile: 1
    Fitness: 1 Willpower: 1 Composure: 1

• Physical Mental Social
    Awareness: - Academics: - Animal Handling -
    Athletics: - Administration: - Empatdy: -
    Defence: - Applied Magical theory: - Language: -
    Melee: - Artisan: - Mingling: -
    Piloting: - Craft: - Perform: -
    Ranged: - Investigation: - Persuasion: -
    Stealtd: - Lore: - Subterfuge: -
    Unarmed: - Medicine: - - -
    - - Navigation: - - -
    - - Survival: - - -

Skill Focus
    - -

• Familiarity:

Knowledge:

Training

• Health: 10 Condition: 20
    Offence Defence Speed
    Offence: Melee: - Defend Rating: - Speed: -
    Offence: Unarmed: - Soak - Combat Pool -
    Offence: Ranged : - Magic Resist - Ranged Pool -

• Insert magical heritage or effects here.

And this is the code itself.
Code:
Name

[tabs]

[tab= General Information]

[/tab]

[tab= Personality]

[/tab]

[tab= Attributes]

[table]

[tr][td]Physical[/td]

[td]Mental[/td]

[td]Social[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Strength:[/td][td] 1 [/td]

[td]Intellect:[/td][td] 1 [/td]

[td]Bearing:[/td][td] 1 [/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Dexterity:[/td][td] 1 [/td]

[td]Intuition:[/td][td] 1 [/td]

[td]Guile:[/td][td] 1 [/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Fitness:[/td][td] 1 [/td]

[td]Willpower:[/td][td] 1 [/td]

[td]Composure:[/td][td] 1 [/td][/tr]

[/table]

[/tab]

[tab= Skills]

[table]

[tr][td]Physical[/td]

[td]Mental[/td]

[td]Social[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Awareness:[/td][td] - [/td]

[td]Academics:[/td][td] - [/td]

[td]Animal Handling[/td][td] - [/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Athletics:[/td][td] - [/td]

[td]Administration:[/td][td] - [/td]

[td]Empatdy:[/td][td] - [/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Defence:[/td][td] - [/td]

[td]Applied Magical theory:[/td][td] - [/td]

[td]Language:[/td][td] - [/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Melee:[/td][td] - [/td]

[td]Artisan:[/td][td] - [/td]

[td]Mingling:[/td][td] - [/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Piloting:[/td][td] - [/td]

[td]Craft:[/td][td] - [/td]

[td]Perform:[/td][td] - [/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Ranged:[/td][td] - [/td]

[td]Investigation:[/td][td] - [/td]

[td]Persuasion:[/td][td] - [/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Stealtd:[/td][td] - [/td]

[td]Lore:[/td][td] - [/td]

[td]Subterfuge:[/td][td] - [/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Unarmed:[/td][td] - [/td]

[td]Medicine:[/td][td] - [/td]

[td]-[/td][td] - [/td][/tr]

[tr][td] - [/td][td] - [/td]

[td]Navigation:[/td][td] - [/td]

[td] - [/td][td] - [/td][/tr]

[tr][td] - [/td][td] - [/td]

[td]Survival:[/td][td] - [/td]

[td] - [/td][td] - [/td][/tr]

[/table]

[table]

[tr][td]Skill Focus[/td][/tr]

[tr][td] - [/td][td] - [/td][/tr]

[/table]

[/tab]

[tab= Advantages]

Familiarity:

Knowledge:

Training

[/tab]

[tab= Derived Stats]

[table]

[tr][td]Health:[/td][td] 10 [/td] [td]Condition:[/td][td] 20 [/td] [/tr]

[tr][td]Offence[/td][td]Defence[/td][td]Speed[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Offence: Melee: [/td][td] - [/td]

[td]Defend Rating:[/td][td] - [/td]

[td]Speed:[/td][td] - [/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Offence: Unarmed: [/td][td] - [/td]

[td]Soak[/td][td] - [/td]

[td]Combat Pool[/td][td] - [/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Offence: Ranged :[/td][td] - [/td]

[td]Magic Resist[/td][td] - [/td]

[td]Ranged Pool[/td][td] - [/td][/tr]

[tr][/tr]

[/table]

[/tab]

[tab= Special]

Insert magical heritage or effects here.

[/tab]

[tab= Inventory]

[/tab]

[/tabs]
I'm not sure why it's not working properly. It's both confusing and aggravating. That said, thanks for your help.

@Silvertongued Ahhh. I see now. The space is mostly cause by the linebreaks in the code. Try removing those between the start of the tab and the table, as well as those between the trs and tds.

Like this: [spoili]
[tab= Attributes][table][tr][td]Physical[/td][td]Mental[/td][td]Social[/td][/tr][tr][td]Strength:[/td][td] 1 [/td][td]Intellect:[/td][td] 1 [/td][td]Bearing:[/td][td] 1 [/td][/tr][tr][td]Dexterity:[/td][td] 1 [/td][td]Intuition:[/td][td] 1 [/td][td]Guile:[/td][td] 1 [/td][/tr][tr][td]Fitness:[/td][td] 1 [/td][td]Willpower:[/td][td] 1 [/td][td]Composure:[/td][td] 1 [/td][/tr][/table]
[/tab]
[/spoili]

Huh. That worked, though now it's a pain to navigate and edit afterwards.

Thanks for the help, I appreciate it.

Sorry if this has been asked, there's just so much to read and scroll through here haha.

But uh, I'd love to learn how to make these fancy tabs that I've been seeing people using to keep their search threads organized. How do I go about making them?

//Complete coding newbie

Sorry if this has been asked, there's just so much to read and scroll through here haha.

But uh, I'd love to learn how to make these fancy tabs that I've been seeing people using to keep their search threads organized. How do I go about making them?

//Complete coding newbie

Could you post a screenshot? There are a few tab options available :)

Could you post a screenshot? There are a few tab options available :)
I'd just like to learn to use them in general, if that makes sense? ^u^

I'd just like to learn to use them in general, if that makes sense? ^u^

Yeah, no :) that I understand for sure! I'm just not sure which tabs you mean.

Or was it the more complex version??

Yeah, no :) that I understand for sure! I'm just not sure which tabs you mean.

Or was it the more complex version??

Yeah, those are the ones! c:

I didn't know there were other kinds. XD

Yeah, those are the ones! c:

I didn't know there were other kinds. XD

Yeah :) The are called stabs, but they're pretty complicated when they get fancy!!

These are just regular tabs and they're fairly simple :)

You'll wanna use

[tabs][tab=word]content goes here[/tab]
[tab=next tab]more content[/tab][/tabs]

And so on ... :)

Yeah :) The are called stabs, but they're pretty complicated when they get fancy!!

These are just regular tabs and they're fairly simple :)

You'll wanna use

[tabs][tab=word]content goes here[/tab]
[tab=next tab]more content[/tab][/tabs]

And so on ... :)

Ahh I see how it's done now!! Thank you! c':

Status
Not open for further replies.