BB Coding Questions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox of Hearts

Call me MsNoMer
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
I have been trying to figure out how to pass a friend of mine the BB coding for our OOC page, but every time I type the PLAIN code/command, all the text colours disappear. It becomes really frustrating trying to recolour the text again after that. I have five more posts to send and I don't fancy going through this for every single post.

Does anyone have any idea what I can do to stop the colours from disappearing every time I need to use the PLAIN command?

What you need to do is use the PLAIN command while in the BB code editor, rather than the rich text editor, which is what you normally type in. It is the left button in the upper right color. If you use the PLAIN command while in the rich text editor, the BB code (for some reason) loses the color formatting. However, if you do it in the BB code editor, you get the COLOR#XXXXXX code to actually show up. When you then wrap it in PLAIN, it sticks around.

This is a sentence with color that is unchanged.

This is a sentence with color, wrapped in plain while in the rich text editor.

This is a [COLOR=#ff9900]sentence[/COLOR] [COLOR=#ff0000]with[/COLOR] [COLOR=#808000]color[/COLOR] wrapped while in the BB editor.

If it doesn't work, let me know and I'll see if I can figure out anything else. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.