Bayonetta and Corrin in SSB

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SacredWarrior

Original poster
For those who don't know, Bayonetta and Corrin (from Fire Emblem) were released as the last DLC for SSB yesterday. I didn't download Corrin but I did download Bayonetta and HOLY SHIT IS SHE AWESOME! Hopefully this will lead to Bayonetta becoming a franchise! Hell she might as well be PG's mascot!

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Mari
OH BOY! ANOTHER MARTH! CANT WAIT! Like seriously, at least fuckin choose someone who isn't a swordsman. Robin, out of the FE characters is a little varied.

I personally love and hate the idea of Bayonetta in SSB. on the one hand? awesome, she's got some cool moves and such. yet, fuckin hell, why haven't we gotten King K Rool, or someone from F-ZERO to represent the villain side of it yet? like really, We got a bunch of third party stuff before fuckin King K Rool.

I still love the game though, just that they really need to work out their roster for the next game.

OH BOY! ANOTHER MARTH! CANT WAIT! Like seriously, at least fuckin choose someone who isn't a swordsman. Robin, out of the FE characters is a little varied.

I personally love and hate the idea of Bayonetta in SSB. on the one hand? awesome, she's got some cool moves and such. yet, fuckin hell, why haven't we gotten King K Rool, or someone from F-ZERO to represent the villain side of it yet? like really, We got a bunch of third party stuff before fuckin King K Rool.

I still love the game though, just that they really need to work out their roster for the next game.
Bayonetta won the Smash Ballot which is why she made it into Smash. I'm not too sure about Corrin. Also complaining about swordsmen is stupid. If you're not complaining about the amount of Mario or Pokemon characters in the roster, don't complain about the amount of swordsmen. At least they're not clones of each other (Lucina being an exception).

No one wants K Rool or someone else from F-Zero. If that's the case, they would've won the Smash Ballot or been in the game already. Pretty much all of the DLC characters made it into SSB4 because of fan demand (with the exception of Cloud who was put in to honor Satoru Iwata I think).

Since these two are the last batch of DLC for Smash, you're out of luck. There's nothing wrong with SSB4's roster. Melee's roster on the other hand........

Bayonetta won the Smash Ballot which is why she made it into Smash. I'm not too sure about Corrin. Also complaining about swordsmen is stupid. If you're not complaining about the amount of Mario or Pokemon characters in the roster, don't complain about the amount of swordsmen. At least they're not clones of each other (Lucina being an exception).

No one wants K Rool or someone else from F-Zero. If that's the case, they would've won the Smash Ballot or been in the game already. Pretty much all of the DLC characters made it into SSB4 because of fan demand (with the exception of Cloud who was put in to honor Satoru Iwata I think).

Since these two are the last batch of DLC for Smash, you're out of luck. There's nothing wrong with SSB4's roster. Melee's roster on the other hand........
Like I said, perfectly content with Bayonetta, love the PG games and such, even voted for her myself, though mainly as a joke because dat sexy butt lol.

Also, The Pokemon roster? varied. Charizard is the heavy hitter, and by god he's pretty damn heavy hitting. Pikachu is the mascot, obvs derserves to be there. Greninja is the trickster/speedy guy. Lucario? More pain, more gain is the name of his style and it works like a charm. Mewtwo is the quinessential icon of "Pokemon Badass" so really, kicking him out to begin was a bad idea. as for Mario characters? aside from Dr Mario who is a straight up clone with a slight variation. Same with Dark Pitt.

Now let's look at the Fire Emblem guys! Oh look! Roy and Ike, Flame Swordsman in which one is slightly slower. Variety! Marth and Lucina! Ones a chick! Varieeeeeeeeettttttyyyyyy! Nope. I don't know how Corrin plays honestly, and I know Robin is at least slightly varied in her moves. I just think weapon variety is a nice thing to have. Two Swordsmen, a Spearman and an Axeman would be nice, but then again, when it comes to Fighting Game stuff, Nintendo severely lack that one guy who really knows what to do.

Also, I bet so many people wanted Ice Climbers, Pitt, Pichu, Dr Mario in a Smash game right? right? Cut the bullshit, it would be nice if F-ZERO have another guy to represent the series, same goes with King K Rool for Donkey Kong Country. and actually, a lot of people wanted him in :p.

You should also read my "for the next game" part, :p.

Like I said, perfectly content with Bayonetta, love the PG games and such, even voted for her myself, though mainly as a joke because dat sexy butt lol.

Also, The Pokemon roster? varied. Charizard is the heavy hitter, and by god he's pretty damn heavy hitting. Pikachu is the mascot, obvs derserves to be there. Greninja is the trickster/speedy guy. Lucario? More pain, more gain is the name of his style and it works like a charm. Mewtwo is the quinessential icon of "Pokemon Badass" so really, kicking him out to begin was a bad idea. as for Mario characters? aside from Dr Mario who is a straight up clone with a slight variation. Same with Dark Pitt.

Now let's look at the Fire Emblem guys! Oh look! Roy and Ike, Flame Swordsman in which one is slightly slower. Variety! Marth and Lucina! Ones a chick! Varieeeeeeeeettttttyyyyyy! Nope. I don't know how Corrin plays honestly, and I know Robin is at least slightly varied in her moves. I just think weapon variety is a nice thing to have. Two Swordsmen, a Spearman and an Axeman would be nice, but then again, when it comes to Fighting Game stuff, Nintendo severely lack that one guy who really knows what to do.

Also, I bet so many people wanted Ice Climbers, Pitt, Pichu, Dr Mario in a Smash game right? right? Cut the bullshit, it would be nice if F-ZERO have another guy to represent the series, same goes with King K Rool for Donkey Kong Country. and actually, a lot of people wanted him in :p.

You should also read my "for the next game" part, :p.
Yes they did want them in hence everyone's reactions when they were announced. Pichu and Dr. Mario are NOT clones. They happen to be pretty different from Pikachu and Mario. Dark Pitt is just a straight-up clone though and should've been a costume like Daisy was for Peach.

Nintendo had Bandai Namco on their side during development for Smash 4. You do realize that Namco develops Tekken (the best selling fighting game franchise period) and Soul Calibur right? So no they didn't lack that one guy.

The Fire Emblem characters have SWORDS in their home games remember? It was because of Smash Bros that FE even became known in the West which is why they included so many in Smash 4.

F-Zero has been dead for YEARS and Miyamoto doesn't plan on bringing it back so adding another F-Zero character would be pointless. As for King K Rool, evidently no one wanted him in if he didn't win the Smash Ballot. Plus DKC wasn't really a huge success last time I checked.

There probably won't even BE a next game. Sakurai has been dealing with health issues and they made development for Smash 4 very difficult for him so I highly doubt he'll work on the series anymore.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Imagine showing your ten year old self the smash roster as it stands now. A game where you can play as sonic fighting Mario, cloud fighting mega man or pac man.

It would be inconceivable.

Yes they did want them in hence everyone's reactions when they were announced. Pichu and Dr. Mario are NOT clones. They happen to be pretty different from Pikachu and Mario. Dark Pitt is just a straight-up clone though and should've been a costume like Daisy was for Peach.

Nintendo had Bandai Namco on their side during development for Smash 4. You do realize that Namco develops Tekken (the best selling fighting game franchise period) and Soul Calibur right? So no they didn't lack that one guy.

The Fire Emblem characters have SWORDS in their home games remember? It was because of Smash Bros that FE even became known in the West which is why they included so many in Smash 4.

F-Zero has been dead for YEARS and Miyamoto doesn't plan on bringing it back so adding another F-Zero character would be pointless. As for King K Rool, evidently no one wanted him in if he didn't win the Smash Ballot. Plus DKC wasn't really a huge success last time I checked.

There probably won't even BE a next game. Sakurai has been dealing with health issues and they made development for Smash 4 very difficult for him so I highly doubt he'll work on the series anymore.

Look, I'm just saying that a bit of variety within the FE Characters would be really nice is all. They have popular characters who don't use swords, remember? Like Vaike from Awakening, he'd be pretty cool to add in. Hell, maybe even, I don't know, a Fire Emblem Villain? I'm just saying, from Roy and Ike to Marth and Lucina, you have two potentially different characters that are slightly different. And for a fighting game it's kinda sad.

Well then Bandai Namco needs to step the fuck up more then? Because it seems like they only give part-time profound wisdom ocassionally sorta. Also, personal note; I wouldn't be using Soul Calibur right now as a selling point, it's not doing as good.

Ice Climbers has been dead just as long, Pit was dead for longer than F-ZERO, so I don't really see what you're saying here. I mean, will it really fuckin hurt to add another F-ZERO character? And again same argument goes for King K Rool honestly.

Naw, there will be another one, Smash sells like fuckin hotcakes, so I'm going the "Very likely will happen" with or without Sakurai. That's just the truth of it.

Reactions: LunaValentine
Look, I'm just saying that a bit of variety within the FE Characters would be really nice is all. They have popular characters who don't use swords, remember? Like Vaike from Awakening, he'd be pretty cool to add in. Hell, maybe even, I don't know, a Fire Emblem Villain? I'm just saying, from Roy and Ike to Marth and Lucina, you have two potentially different characters that are slightly different. And for a fighting game it's kinda sad.

Well then Bandai Namco needs to step the fuck up more then? Because it seems like they only give part-time profound wisdom ocassionally sorta. Also, personal note; I wouldn't be using Soul Calibur right now as a selling point, it's not doing as good.

Ice Climbers has been dead just as long, Pit was dead for longer than F-ZERO, so I don't really see what you're saying here. I mean, will it really fuckin hurt to add another F-ZERO character? And again same argument goes for King K Rool honestly.

Naw, there will be another one, Smash sells like fuckin hotcakes, so I'm going the "Very likely will happen" with or without Sakurai. That's just the truth of it.
King K Rool is owned by RARE. Who owns Rare? Microsoft. Remember for a third party character to be used in Smash, Nintendo needs PERMISSION. Microsoft is NOT gonna allow a character from one of their properties to appear in a competitors' game. That's like Bowser appearing in Killer Instinct. So no he can't appear in Smash just at the drop of a hat. Just look at every third-party character that appeared in Smash. The companies involved with said character have a history with Nintendo so getting them into the game was pretty easy.

Also Smash isn't even considered a fighting game by Sakurai. It's only used in tournaments because the FGC is desperate and needs it to get huge numbers at events like EVO. Basically FGC needs Smash to stay relevant. So Bandai Namco doesn't need to step up. Also SC isn't doing well because of SCV but I'm pretty sure Project Soul will release another game in the series especially after the character poll they did on FB.

What other F-Zero character is worthy of being in Smash? Absolutely no one which is why no other character from that series has appeared. Also I see no demand for them. Kid Icarus at least has two characters worthy of being in Smash: Palutena (even though she's the worst character in the game sadly) and obviously Pit. Plus the Ice Climbers were cut from SSB4 last time I checked.

King K Rool is owned by RARE. Who owns Rare? Microsoft. Remember for a third party character to be used in Smash, Nintendo needs PERMISSION. Microsoft is NOT gonna allow a character from one of their properties to appear in a competitors' game. That's like Bowser appearing in Killer Instinct. So no he can't appear in Smash just at the drop of a hat. Just look at every third-party character that appeared in Smash. The companies involved with said character have a history with Nintendo so getting them into the game was pretty easy.

Also Smash isn't even considered a fighting game by Sakurai. It's only used in tournaments because the FGC is desperate and needs it to get huge numbers at events like EVO. Basically FGC needs Smash to stay relevant. So Bandai Namco doesn't need to step up. Also SC isn't doing well because of SCV but I'm pretty sure Project Soul will release another game in the series especially after the character poll they did on FB.

What other F-Zero character is worthy of being in Smash? Absolutely no one which is why no other character from that series has appeared. Also I see no demand for them. Kid Icarus at least has two characters worthy of being in Smash: Palutena (even though she's the worst character in the game sadly) and obviously Pit. Plus the Ice Climbers were cut from SSB4 last time I checked.
First of, No, King K Rool is NOT owned by RARE, FYI. So let's not try and pull turds out of thin air, okay?

Naw, it is a fighting game, granted it doesn't use conventional fighting mechanics or anything, and plays more of a casual, laidback style but has the metagaming known from many fighting games. So yeah, Sakurai may not think it it's a Fighting Game? but sadly it follows a fw core examples of what a fighter is.

And for your information, there's some defo worthy to join the Smash cast.
shadow.gif

The Major Villain that goes against Cap Falco himself. Black Shadow.

I find it baffling you're so against more F-ZERO Characters and DKC Characters xD. I mean, I sincerely believe these guys would add some really awesome stuff.

Switch out Black Shadow with Deathborn then.

call him "Dark Schneider" for the west.

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Windsong
First of, No, King K Rool is NOT owned by RARE, FYI. So let's not try and pull turds out of thin air, okay?

Naw, it is a fighting game, granted it doesn't use conventional fighting mechanics or anything, and plays more of a casual, laidback style but has the metagaming known from many fighting games. So yeah, Sakurai may not think it it's a Fighting Game? but sadly it follows a fw core examples of what a fighter is.

And for your information, there's some defo worthy to join the Smash cast.
shadow.gif

The Major Villain that goes against Cap Falco himself. Black Shadow.

I find it baffling you're so against more F-ZERO Characters and DKC Characters xD. I mean, I sincerely believe these guys would add some really awesome stuff.
Because people are stupidly salty just because their favorite character didn't make it into Smash. I wanted Sora in Smash but I'm not whining. Plus the same people bitching about Bayonetta being in Smash are probably the same people who whined about Bayonetta 2 being a Wii U exclusive. Criticism is one thing but whining is another. I don't really want F-Zero or DKC characters but if they appear in Smash, I'm not gonna complain. I just won't use them.

Why so many Fire Emblem characters when only, like, two people have played Fire Emblem? But seriously, I love Bayonetta. I think in due time she's gonna replace ZSS though.

Why so many Fire Emblem characters when only, like, two people have played Fire Emblem? But seriously, I love Bayonetta. I think in due time she's gonna replace ZSS though.
I highly doubt she'll replace ZSS especially since she's so different from her :/ This is coming from someone who uses both of them.

Because FE has become more popular in recent years due to new releases?

Corrin is actually being received very well. Sure he's no K Rool or Shovel Knight (or Ridley goddammit) but he's different and fun to play. Bayonetta is cool as well, and bullet arts are just crazy badass. Maybe not the best, but really cool.

Also lol@ bayonetta = zss

I'm all for folding Marth/Lucina into one character and Roy ain't exactly my boy, but we're so many months past that now. Corrin was included to promote the upcoming fe game. That's how they roll. It's one more character than promised and that's not so bad. Especially cause we still have fucking lucario. I swear that character is such a dumb shit. Get hit to do good, still struggle against other chars, get killed easily by the time you can kill. No thanks. Give me Corrin.

You really can't compare Corrin to the other FE characters in smash since his playstyle is so different. I can see how people would lump Roy, Marth, and Ike into being all somewhat similar characters but Corrin and Robin share almost none of those similarities.

Honestly the only thing I have to complain about Smash right now is that Mewtwo's Final Smash doesn't actually let you play as Mega Mewtwo, unlike Charizard's Final Smash. OR they could have done Mega Mewtwo X as his final smash and made it act the same way as Lucario's.

Status
Not open for further replies.