Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Prestige
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
Historical/ Fantasy/ Science-Fiction/ Modern/ Magical/ Romance, etc.
Battlfield.jpg

Welcome to my World War 1 Campaign! I need at least 4 recruits of the Allied powers: Brittain/ Canadian/ Australian, France, French Foreign Legion, and of course who can count out the Americans?! Now, women can be apart of this as well--and not just as nurses or secretaries. The French Foreign Legion did induct a woman into combat service, she was the only one in history to be inducted. However, in the spirit of this honor, I am allowing women to join but they can only be from the French Foreign Legion. I would include the Russians but alas, they didn't see much combat. Not to downplay those who died in for the Motherland; the battles of Manzikert (1915), Battle of Mărășești, Battle of Mărăști, First Battle of the Masurian Lakes, Second Battle of the Masurian Lakes and the Monastir Offensive. Were all deadly affairs. That said, The French, British, Canadians, Australians, French, the French Foreign Legion, and Americans were the primary saw the most action, suffered the most casualties especially the French who were the first to engage the German 'Huns'.

I will explain the weapons, and mission of the group once I see enough interest!

Count me interested.

Great, what country will you be playing as? Canadian, British, Australians, Americans, French, or French Foreign Legion?

@Nomad-22

A Czech exile in the French Foreign Legion.

@Nomad-22

Czechoslovakia itself had been formed at the end of World War I, following the collapse of the Austro-Hungarian Empire. Prior to the war, the region consisted of Bohemia and Moravia, often called the Czech Lands, in the west, and Slovakia, a part of Hungary, in the east.

So, essentially, you're saying you want to be a turncoat rebel?

Also, do you mind if we don't get any more players, playing multiple side characters of other nationalities?

Last edited:
Yep a turncoat rebel, he fled from the Austrian-Hungarian Empire prior to the war’s outbreak. Also I understand if we have to do many side characters in the event no other new players join up.

Well, looks like this will be a one x one; you still interested? @Nomad-22

Last edited:
Aussie WW1 soldier? I'm in 110% if you'll have me

@RiddL Absolutely! I believe Nomad and I play doubles, would you be interested once I get to talking about what the actual story is behind this?

Okay we have at LEAST three players, two of which are playing dual characters, so we can't set up with our plot if everyone is ready and willing?

@RiddL
@Nomad-22

Last edited:
Character Template

Name: (Your name, duh! Not YOUR name--the person or persons you will be playing!)

Character Description: ( I know this a pain to some, but it's a necessary evil. I will need at least one 5-6 sentence paragraph description of your character. Build, eye color, height, weight, etc. Be descriptive though! Don't just make it a laundry list!)

Age: (Remember this takes place in 1917-18, the war started in 1914 and ended in 1918. I would prefer younger characters 20-30's but I can make exceptions if you impress me.)

Sex/Gender: (let's be reasonable. Just Male or if your FFL you can be a female. No gender-bending please and no no-binary. You can be androgynous, however. No discrimination intended here.)

Nationality: (Where did your character originate? What country does he identify with?)

Occupation/ Prior to WWI: (Your character was somebody before he was made into a soldier--who was he? What did he do?)

Occupation/ Position in WWI: (What role was your character in? Was he a line infantryman of the trenches, did he man the machine gun? Was he part of the calvary--literally horses and swords, was he essentially a 'sniper' though that term came more in use in WWII--WWI I think Sharpshooter was used. Was he a mortar or artillery crewman?

Side: (Just put 'Allies' as unless you give me a really good background, well-informed character--no one but me will be playing a German. The Aussies, Brits, Canadians, French, and Americans are all Allied Powers. However, if you want to make a really good character that's not of these nationalities like New Zealander, you will be apart of the French Foreign Legion.)

Weapons:(Here's the fun part: you can have your character have VIRTUALLY any weapon he that was available at the time--it does not have to be of your nation's design. But I am stating two rifles, a pistol, a trench club/ shovel, and maybe two grenades is the maximum you are allowed to carry. It will also depend on your choices. Subs are lighter than bolt-actions and definitely lighter than a Light-Machine Gun.

So if you choose Submachine gun as a main weapon you carry it, a bolt-action, and three grenades--maybe even a pistol. If you have an LMG you will only have LMG, a pistol, and two grenades. Lmgs are heavy--not as heavy as HMG which are generally used in fixed points on tripods. So Lmg, pistol, one grenade--maybe two.)

(I will add a list of weapons here, with links to them if they have them.)

Background: (You thought I'd forget this, didn't ya? Nah. This is what really makes a character who they are. Their experiences in life--good or bad--define them. It also brings in how your characters connect and give their lives meaning.

So that's generally it! You can add things like fears, likes.dislikes and so on, at your leisure. If you have any questions, concerns, or ideas--PM me directly.

P.S: Please highlight each of the characteristics and bold them and place a space between your answer and the colon. Also space them part from each other as I did. It's really hard to read things when it's all bunched up.

Requirements:

1.) Post Length: at least 2 5-10 sentences. They don't all have to belong and drawn out--some can be short and concise. But be descriptive and remember: Show don't tell! Although I'll be doing a bit of both as I have set the scenes, give out the details of historical facts and so on.

2.)Be fairly realistic; this isn't Call of Duty, your character can not take multiple gunshots and keep going. That's not what I'm going for here. Graze, sure--but if you charge No Man's Land--there's a reason they gave it that moniker. So, yeah.

3.) Character Deaths can happen. It must be thought out and talked with extensively and I must be privy to it so I can alter the story accordingly.

4.) I reserve the right to any and all changes and will give my players adequate time to restructure their characters, actions, and future interactions accordingly.

5.) Posting rating requirements: Intermediate, Advanced, Prestige.

Thank-you!

WIP

Name:
Cpt Tom Blackheart

Character Description: 5ft 10in with a steely gaze from grey eyes, stands at ease and laid back with broad shoulders and a stocky build. Brown hair cut to standard army regulation and hidden beneath his slouch hat. A small mischievious smile is always on his lips like a joke only he knows is playing out in front of him. His uniform has extra pockets sown into them and always has a diary hidden within his pocket over his heart.

Sex/Gender: Male

Nationality: Australian

Occupation/ Prior to WWI: Professional Soldier (Trainer)

Occupation/ Position in WWI: Scout and Sharpshooter

Side: Allies

Weapons: SMLE mk III, 2 mills grenades, 1 Jam Tin grenade, Webley mk VI revolver, Pattern 1907 Bayonet. Trench shovel.

Background: (Ah i thought you'd forget about this one... well, here we go I guess...)

*AHEM* Born to a prostitute and a father that could be any one of dozens of men, our hero grew up neglected and beaten by his mother who constantly wished he had never been born, his mothers 'customers' who beat him for getting in the way and even the local children who called him a whoreson and found it hilarious to send him off by throwing sticks and stones.

He grew up resentful of his failure of a mother and when he turned 14, he set fire to his house while she slept and locked her in the house as he ran for his life, leaving his smoldering life behind as he started a new life, hiding on a train as he fled his hometown, a town he doesnt even remember the name of anymore.

He drifted around, making any kind of money he could when he came across a slightly older man in what he thought was a funny looking hat with a silver watch hanging from his pocket. Making his way towards the man, his feet making minimal noise as his fingers touched the silver, only for the man to suddenly turn and lock his hand around the filthy young teenage boys wrist.

After being dragged away, he was brought to the local police station and thrown into a cell when the man with the funny hat, whom the police called General came in and gave him a choice. Spend the next few years in prison or join the army and get fed, trained and paid.

Making the choice easily he found that he was talented and suited to the army, the running that he'd done and the beatings he'd taken as a child had toughened him quite well. As he was trained with a rifle he found that he was quite gifted and could easily calculate distance and wind speed, making him one of, if not the, best marksman of his training unit.

As he grew older he was still quite withdrawn and not so talkative, though he followed orders to the letter making him popular among officers but not so much among his fellow troops, many calling him a wolfhound because of it.

As his skills grew he started climbing the ladder of rank and began training new troops, often being over callous in his methods, but these methods were effective and the cream of the crop often got seperated from the chaff and got him promoted further to Captain.