Battle Scars!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't often get injured. But when I do. I do it in the most embarrassing ways that everyone can laugh at.

When I was smaller, I bravely went down on the floor to pick up the lost little puzzle piece, and then, the only one I thought of as an alley, my trustworthy sword (pencil) stabbed me in the leg.

... Yeah, I stabbed myself in the leg with a pencil when I crawled down on the floor to get a puzzle piece :I Still has a black dot there. Well at least it didn't poison me. Cause that can apparently happen xD

Oh, but that wasn't the ONLY time I was that clumsy :D

I was walking home one autumn afternoon. My trustworthy sword (pencil) lied sharpened in its scabbard (my pocket). Then suddenly it stabbed me in the stomach D: I was such a fool for trusting it. Now I have a blueish/greyish dot there too, and the flesh wound took forever too heal.

I do have some other (really small almost invisible) scars but I have no idea where they come from xD I've probably cut myself with knives and forgotten about it. Soo, no serious injuries for me. Just almost poisoning myself with pencils :3
Pencils; innocent tools or deadly weapons of stab destruction?

I don't often get injured. But when I do. I do it in the most embarrassing ways that everyone can laugh at.

When I was smaller, I bravely went down on the floor to pick up the lost little puzzle piece, and then, the only one I thought of as an alley, my trustworthy sword (pencil) stabbed me in the leg.

... Yeah, I stabbed myself in the leg with a pencil when I crawled down on the floor to get a puzzle piece :I Still has a black dot there.
I had a pencil dot like this in my thumb for YEARS!

One of those wooden pencils that you have to sharpen with the thick-ass pieces of lead in it, right? I don't remember the circumstances of how I got stabbed by it, but part of the lead broke off beneath my skin. 15 years later I can still kind of see it.

I had a pencil dot like this in my thumb for YEARS!

One of those wooden pencils that you have to sharpen with the thick-ass pieces of lead in it, right? I don't remember the circumstances of how I got stabbed by it, but part of the lead broke off beneath my skin. 15 years later I can still kind of see it.
Yep, exactly that :D I might have done it three times, cause I do have a dot on my hand too, but I can't remember ever stabbing myself there xD -secretly has a pencil stabbing fetish-

Let me count the scars:

- suffered from the disease known as histoplasmosis, which resulted in some disease growth on my lungs. Doctors removed the lung growths but the lungs are scarred forever, I get questioned about my lungs every time I have an x-ray in that area

- had a finger smashed by AM2 aircraft matting during Air Force engineer field training, lost some flesh from my finger but thankfully didn't lose the finger

- during same field training, fell about 15 feet onto my back. It messed up my spine, though not bad enough to have surgery, though I still have the pain and a herniated disc to remember it by

- according to doctors and an x-ray, I suffered a fracture in my right wrist about ten years ago. I don't feel any pain from it, so they don't recommend me having surgery to repair it (yet)

I'm all about injuries.

Reactions: Hope
Well, in contrary to all of you people, I have no cool scars to show off.

Well, except that one time I slipped on a stone wall while at the beach and sliced my left leg. There was blood. It hurt like fuck. But that scar faded. As did the one I got when I was a huge boob and managed to trip myself (I'm a giant clutz, I managed to punch myself in the face while getting dressed) walking across the car park. It was winter so I had a pair of ruined jeans and a knee full of gravel. Gravel that I then had to remove while sitting in the bathtub crying like a baby. I was maybe 11 at that time.

Nah, most of my memorable injuries were internal. Nearly broke my neck/spine twice, that was fun. P.E was fucking wild, let me tell you. My neck never forgave me for that, nor did my poor teacher. And there was that one goddamn rider who cut across the arena, blocked off me and my horse when we were coming at a low fence and my horse, bless her, had enough brain to not run into the other pair. I, however, kept going forwards while my horse went left. Couldn't walk for a week. Dislocated quote a large number of vertebrae. 8 to be exact.

Should probably mention P.E again, since there was that one time we were doing CX running and I wasn't looking where I was going. Ran straight into the electrical fence of a bull pasture and twisted my ankle at the same time. So, I accidentally electrocuted myself (by grabbing the fucking wires to stay upright, might I add) while twisting my ankle in a knee-deep hole in the ground. Multitasking is sort of my thing.

Right palm, along the palm at the base of my ring finger. When I accidentally stabbed myself with broken glass while trying to take out the trash.

Right hand, top near the knuckle of my index finger. When I burned the top of my hands trying to make pizza.

Right arm, several areas between shoulder and elbow. Various places that I ripped my flesh off myself. Didn't cut. Didn't burn. Just tore it off. I was a messed up kid. I know there are other places I did this, but my right arm is where the scars remain.

Right hand, ring finger, finger nail. Ripped off at one point, didn't quite grow back in properly.

Right wrist, underside, small mark. More burns.

Left wrist, underside along the veins. Suicide attempt.

Right thigh, blue/green dot. Don't recall when I got this. Appears to be that I was stabbed with a pen at some point.

Left thigh, outside. Two indentions (about .5cm deep) near the knee, two more (1cm) near the hip. From when I broke my femur in half and had to have metal rods drilled into my leg to hold the bone still for it to heal.

Left knee, no visible scar, reduced mobility. From the time I broke my leg, and then made worse by nearly destroying the muscles 5 years later by hyperextending it when someone tackled me headfirst to my knee.

Left calf, some scarring. Not sure what happened. It's on the back-left side of the calf. Skin scarred. Maybe when I broke things?

Right knee, roughness. Skid my knee really really bad. Didn't heal properly.

Bottoms of both feet. One had a wooden splinter 2 inches long forced in. The other had the prong of a belt buckle forced in. Marks are small but visible.

Right pinky toe. Tore off the toenail, won't grow back in well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Once I was in the park and I slipped and my leg got sliced open by a blade of grass. Blood everywhere because of GRASS.

I had an accident while playing in the sprinkler. t_____t Stepped on the sprinkler and cut a big chunk out of the bottom of my foot.

There was the time I touched my palm to the back door window and the glass shatter and cut my hand open. O__O

I once got into a sick fight with a hot glue gun, it left a large burnt circle that looks like I got shot. Think that's bad, you should see the other guy.

I've got a few. I've never broken a bone, but I have some neat scars.

I have a sort of oval shaped scar near the top of my right calf. Got it from climbing a tree (a favorite pastime of young Jorick) and falling off it when I was... 7 or 8, I think. How does that cause a scar? When you land on a bush and end up with a little branch of it stabbing your leg, of course. It was pretty deep and bled a lot, but I didn't get it stitched up or anything. I got my mother to patch it up, then went right back out to climb the same tree. I was not the wisest of children.

Continuing on the theme of young stupidity, one year for Christmas (I think it was the year after the leg wound) I got a neat water gun. Unfortunately, it was strongly secured to the packaging with zip ties. Young Jorick thought it was a fine idea to take it into the kitchen and grab the big butcher knife to cut them open, because apparently I couldn't wait to spray people with water so there wasn't even a question of waiting for someone else to do it for me. I grabbed the knife in my right hand, held the package steady with my life, and I was smart enough to cut away from my body... and directly toward my left hand. Sliced through my left index finger at the knuckle, and rather than crying out or running to get help or putting something on it I tried to just like shake the pain away. Ended up spraying the kitchen in blood, even a bunch on the ceiling, so at least I got to make an annoying mess even if it wasn't with the water gun. I had to go to the emergency room for that one because it wouldn't stop bleeding, and I got a few stitches.

The most noticeable scar I have is also on my left hand. When I was 13, I think, I decided to make some Cup Noodles. I boiled the water, got the thing ready to pour it in, picked up the water, and managed to trip in the couple steps I needed to take. I got a nice splash of boiling water on the back of my left hand, and it pretty much immediately blistered up. I made a poor choice and tried to rub my hand on my shirt, to get the hot water off of it, and that tore off a lot of the blistery grossness, which apparently is a bad thing for some reason. No special medical stuff for that, just lots of pain for a while and some scar tissue as souvenir. It's sort of oval shaped, starting near the base of my left index finger and going a couple inches diagonally toward my wrist.

And then there's a festoon of tiny scars from random cuts. A lot of them are probably from my family having lots of cats over the years.

I have a lot of scars around my legs, mostly below the knees and above my ankles, from playing football (soccer to the Americans) over the years.

Between martial arts and parkour I got....

Injured right rotator cuff

Multiple shin scars

A bunch of scars on my left antecubit and Forearm

A concussion

Injured my upper thoracic spine once

Injured my right hip

Injured my lumber spine maybe a dozen times now

Ripped the calluses off both hands twice

Slashed off a chunk of my left thumb

Knife scar on left wrist

Another set of knife cuts on left Forearm

Multiple scars on knees and elbows

couple cuts on my eyebrows and forehead

And one weird scar on my neck which I don't actually remember getting

... Yeah, I stabbed myself in the leg with a pencil when I crawled down on the floor to get a puzzle piece :I Still has a black dot there. Well at least it didn't poison me. Cause that can apparently happen xD

Oh, but that wasn't the ONLY time I was that clumsy :D

I was walking home one autumn afternoon. My trustworthy sword (pencil) lied sharpened in its scabbard (my pocket). Then suddenly it stabbed me in the stomach D: I was such a fool for trusting it. Now I have a blueish/greyish dot there too, and the flesh wound took forever too heal.

I do have some other (really small almost invisible) scars but I have no idea where they come from xD I've probably cut myself with knives and forgotten about it. Soo, no serious injuries for me. Just almost poisoning myself with pencils :3
Haha! I love the way you tell your story. When you were talking about your "ally" I felt bad for you. Not that you got hurt, but that you were betrayed by your trusty ally. XD

@Diana You're just a DESTROYER!

@Jorick The images of that cut.. ugghng. I used to work in the ER so I'm good with blood, but the idea of you shaking your sliced finger...

Haha! I love the way you tell your story. When you were talking about your "ally" I felt bad for you. Not that you got hurt, but that you were betrayed by your trusty ally. XD
Well if you don't have an interesting story to tell, make it interesting xD Now a days I'm going with ink pens. Much more reliable and don't stab you in the back, or knee, or stomach. :3 (Yet)

@Jorick The images of that cut.. ugghng. I used to work in the ER so I'm good with blood, but the idea of you shaking your sliced finger...
Yeah, it was pretty bad. Apparently at first my mother was just going to clean up whatever blood she could find, but after she looked around and found spots freaking everywhere she just did a full scrub down to be sure.

Also, the cut itself was pretty gnarly. I had a nice flap of skin hanging loose, and you could see the bone when some of the blood was cleared away. The doctor said I was extremely lucky and came within a tiny fraction of an inch of cutting stuff that would have likely permanently impaired the mobility of that finger. Good times.

I have two. One on my knee, which has faded so much it's barely visible, and one on my head, which is hidden by hair.

The latter happened when I was ten. My family and I had always gone to this holiday park which we loved when school was out. They had swimming pools, outdoor activities, amazing restaurants, and generally everything you needed to have a good time. After our previous visit we received a voucher for one free day there, since something about our room was unsatisfactory (I can't remember what). So we headed down there, and while we were at their tropical themed swimming pool I slipped, hitting the back of my head on a decorative (and remarkably sharp) rock. It hurt, but after shaking myself off I didn't think much of it. It was my mother who noticed, five minutes later, that blood was pouring down the back of my head. The first aid staff were remarkably quick, and after getting it cleaned up, glued back together and bandaged, I was out of there. Maybe took half an hour tops.

The first one happened when I was eleven at PE/gym class. We were all running back from the school gym to the changing rooms, and I slipped on some mud, and since I was wearing shorts my legs got covered in it. It was filthy, but generally felt okay, so I went to the showers to wash off the mud. As it turns out the mud was littered with razor-sharp stones, and with the mud gone blood just started pouring down my leg. Turns out I had a rather nasty gash running down my knee.

In both cases I felt perfectly fine until I realised I was injured. Then I started shaking, felt dizzy, and in the case of the leg injury I found it hard to walk. It's strange to think that just realising you have an injury has more of an impact on you than the actual injury.

I went to school in the nearest town to me, Pulaski WI, population 4,000.

In such a place, my friends and I needed to find clever ways to entertain ourselves. One such way, celebrating the fact that most of us had graduated High-School and would be going to the graduation ceremony tomorrow, was to use our newly aquired age of 18 to buy fire-works.

Out here, fire-works are serious business, no small stuff, go big or go home. And after an hour or so of shooting them into the sky and above my buddy's neighbor, we decided it was time to bring out the roman candles. Which quickly devolved into a "Roman-Candle-fight."

You see, I was a little shit. I would like 2-3 at a time and hide as other people chased everyone around, then I would sneak out and blast people at close range. I was in the middle of ducking out of the way when my friend called back, causing me to swing around to look at him. I promptly received a firery punch in the face as his shot hit me square in the cheek.

It burned a good chunk of my cheek and right side of my face, quickly healing but still scabbing over. I would go to high-school-graduation looking like two-face, pictures of this exist. Its healed now, but you can still see some discoloration if you look close and I can't really grow a beard because of that one side of my face,

1898100_10153840865025462_151999794_n.jpg

WE WERE SUPPOSED TO STOP ON TOP OF THE HILL. I DIDN'T. FLEW OFF THE RAMP.

1972495_10151878412751557_1817892378_n.jpg

ET MOMENT. 5 SECONDS OF AWESOME, AND THEN PAIN.

This happened exactly one day after I bought my mountain bike. Result: costochondritis. Was unable to do basic exercise, do deep breaths, pig out and have sex for 7 weeks. (anything that causes deep/heavy breathing = PAIN). Got banned from my bike for 6 months.

This happened exactly one day after I bought my mountain bike. Result: costochondritis. Was unable to do basic exercise, do deep breaths, pig out and have sex for 7 weeks. (anything that causes deep/heavy breathing = PAIN). Got banned from my bike for 6 months.

Omg. Costochondritis sucks. Been there.

My friends were afraid to hug me because I would always be in pain when they did. D:

Does all the grit I have embedded in my left hand after last Friday night count?

Cos I'm pretty sure it counts.

My most noticeable scars are those from self-harm on the inside and outside of my left forearm, and my left hand. Cut marks and pale, rough patches where no hair grows from where I scraped off the skin. I actually spoke about it for a project run by some students at my uni, which was featured in the scientific journal Science.

I'll also have one near my coccyx from the surgery I just had (which I keep ending up mentioning, I know, I know.)

The others are fairly minor and are likely to fade. The above will likely be there for years or decades.

Status
Not open for further replies.