Battle Royale Episode 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

WeaponX

Original poster

• The game system uses a fairly abstract system based on the elements, which they call "Godai". There are five elements: Earth, Fire, Water, Air, and the Void (the Void, in this game, is usually referred to as 'Fear'). Whenever you come into 'conflict' with another character (that is, a point where you have differing goals in mind for a scene), you roll dice depending on the situation. Each of the elements has a different general category:

Earth: As described in the book, a person who embodies Earth is stubborn, resilient, stable, and hard to influence and change. "Use Earth to resolve conflicts by holding your ground, resisting physical force, refusing to change your mind, exerting physical strength and enduring hardship."

EXAMPLE: An obvious use of Earth is to resist being pushed into something or pushing something yourself. I have also used it when grappling for weapons, and, at one point, to hold onto a searing hot pipe so I could aim the gushing contents within at people. Also, I've used it for strangling, and resisting strangling. In a social setting, you can use it to actively resist temptation and outside influence and stay on course.

Water: Is change, adaptability, agility, flexibility. "Use Water to resolve conflicts by expressing or controlling your emotions, avoiding an attack, making use of physical dexterity or adapting to the situation."

EXAMPLE: Water is often used for sneaking up on people, escaping from things, bluffing people, etc. You can also use it to shimmy into tight spaces, or to climb things.

Fire: Passion and aggression. "Use Fire to resolve conflicts by attacking with words or force."

EXAMPLE: Probably the most straightforward element. All basic attacks, like punching and shooting, work through Fire. Characters with intense Fire stats don't have to think nearly as hard during combat as people without, because their actions are typically "I shoot/punch/stab Hiro Nakamura in the face". I haven't found much use for it outside of combat. I suppose intimidating people might be an option.

Air: Wisdom and movement. Running fast or jumping across things counts as Air. Actively searching things counts as air. Trying to convince people of things diplomatically is Air. Accuracy is air. It's one of the more varied ones. "Use Air to resolve conflicts through reasoning or rational discussion, by ignoring the problem entirely, through physical speed or accuracy, by running away or by getting out of the way."

EXAMPLE: Running away from the crazy dude with a chainsaw. Jumping across a gorge. Convincing the dude with a chainsaw who just caught you to let you live. Using your gun to shoot a rope, dropping a plank of wood onto an enemy. Although it says 'accuracy' in the name, the latter option is one of the few things you can do with this accuracy. Shooting the person directly is Fire.

Void: Fear. Use this to cry like a baby, cower in the corner, and run in a blind panic in the hopes that somebody helps you or pities you.

EXAMPLE: Not much. Sometimes you can convince NPCs that they can't go through with killing you, though it won't matter overly much if it's Day 5 and they've already personally killed 12 students. I once flailed madly and knocked some stuff onto an enemy NPC. Basically, this is the stat you use as a last resort, when you have nothing else. Also, you use it at the beginning of each day to restore some of your stats, so it's not REALLY a dump stat.

Each of these stats will have a number, ranging from 1-9 (the total of all stats will be exactly 25). This is how many dice you have. They disappear when you use them. So, let's say I have Fire 9, and I shoot my gun, and I really want to hit, so I roll 5 dice. I now have 4 Fire dice left. This is all I get. I can restore it using Flashback Scenes (which I can trigger at any time, and will be explained later), or at 6:00 AM every day during the morning announcements. If I go down to 0 dice in a stat, I simply can't use that stat anymore. I only need one success (a 5 or greater) on a die to succeed in whatever I am doing (be it making a birdhouse or mowing down a field full of students with my machine gun), so it is best to roll as few as you can risk.

every player should pick a "Best Friend" and a "Rival" from any of the other player-controlled characters. They can't be the same person.when you are in a conflict and you roll success then your best friend describe what happened but if you fail your roll then your rival must describe what happened to you. friends and rival have the right to describe everything they might think but if the scene that tehy describe was so unbelievable then we may decide to change it or vote for it to keep it going.

If you are low on dice, you can use them instead of taking an 'action' in a flashback (an 'action' can be anything from shooting your gun to singing a song. The other party in the conflict gets a 'response', if they so choose. The book gives an example of somebody using an action to stab a chick in the gut, and the other player responding by shooting. You can make a response as long as you are not unconcious or dead. You will know if you are unconcious or dead if the word unconcious or dead is expressly stated to be your condition. Otherwise, you are good to go). Then, we do a scene within a scene, detailing an event in the past, before you came to the island, that has something to do with what is going on right now. You can get anywhere between 1-5 dice of the type you want (usually 1 or 2) depending on how great the scene was, as long as you show that you used it during the flashback. During the flashback, you have max dice, and don't actually expend any until you are back in the present.

The example in the book is a girl about to stab a guy (who happens to be in the same clubs as her) but not having Fire Dice. So she has a Flashback to a time that they got in an argument over club material, to remind herself of how much she hates him. She gains the will to brutally murder him, represented by her gaining some Fire Dice.

You can't use a Flashback more than once a scene, and never twice in a row (another player has to do it before you can do so again).

at morning Announcements every player can roll up to their void dices to regain lost dice he spent earlier. you roll to your maximum void dice(regardless of how many dice you have left) and then for every success you get you will take back 3 dice of each elemntal you want to have.for example:

ayoki have 5 void dice written on her sheet. at morning announcement she does not have any void dice left but still she can roll for her void dice. she rolls 5 dice and get 2 success which means she can gain back 6 dice(3 for each success).she puts 3 of these dice into Fire, 2 into Water and 1 into Fear

there is also something as kill: at morning announcements you can use your kills to make change of your dices or add new trait.

for example ayoki kills 1 person last nigh.she decides to use his Kill to increase her maximum Fire dice from 3 to 4. To do this he'll have to reduce the maximum dice of one of his other elements. she decides that he can afford to decrease Earth by one, from 9 to 8.

every player movements must be expressed at a zone nomber. for example C4-d5 etc... time to move to every block is 3 minutes.
  • this game uses pre-made characters that every one take one of them randomly. the game designer has put up a free pdf for character record.

here is the link for characters:

http://www.celstyle.com/Free PDF/SRP1.pdf

just pick one or Roll a D50 for a random pick and then you are ready to go

• Character Name:
    Birth Date:
    Junishi sign:
    Bloodtype:

Club Membership:

Best Friend:

Rival:

####################################################
    Elemental Dice

Most Popular( ) Earth ( MAX #/ Current # )
    Average ( ) Water ( MAX #/ Current # )
    Least Popular ( ) Fire ( MAX #/ Current # )
    Air ( MAX #/ Current # )
    Fear( MAX #/ Current # )

Traits:

Hobbies:
    Friends and Family:
    Personality:

belongings:

Kills:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll make/choose my charrie later today! :)

Reactions: WeaponX
BASIC INFO

Character Name:
Ito, Aoi
Junishi sign:
Snake
Bloodtype:
A
Club Membership:
Kendo Club, Soccer Team
Best Friend:
Rival:

###################################################
DICE

Popularity:
Average - 8 sided dice
Earth:
( MAX #3 Current #3 )
Water:
( MAX #7 Current #7 )
Fire:
( MAX #5 Current #5 )
Air:
( MAX #9 Current #9 )
Fear:
( MAX #1 Current #1 )

Traits

Hobbies:
Beating up small girls, practicing kendo.
Friends and Family:
Bullies unpopular people.
Personality:
Ruthless.

OTHER

Belongings:
Sunglasses
Kills:

@WeaponX A few questions...

1- Where on the pdf file are the characters birthdates? Or are they not meant to be there? What should I put?
2- I need to wait for more players to join before picking out a Best Friend and Rival, right?
3- What does the special technique do?
4- For traits where nothing is put, am I allowed to put a little something in? Like could I put 'Violent' under personality, since she seems pretty violent?
5- Do you start with max dice for each element?

1) Birthdate was added for the new version of character sheet, and it actually doesnt matter so we can remove it:D

2) you are right:D

3)Special technique is a way for making game supernatural, as we want to play a more realistic game we wont use this for now

4) after you pick your character you can choose a trait for vacant titles for fleshing out your character and also you can use it for gaining aditional dice. traits could be something like hate beautiful girls/boys,handsome ......

5)yes

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
1) Birthdate was added for the new version of character sheet, and it actually doesnt matter so we can remove it:D

2) you are right:D

3)Special technique is a way for making game supernatural, as we want to play a more realistic game we wont use this for now

4) after you pick your character you can choose a trait for vacant titles for fleshing out your character and also you can use it for gaining aditional dice. traits could be something like hate beautiful girls/boys,handsome ......

5)yes
Thankyou! In regards to number 4, how can I use my traits to gain additional dice?

Thankyou! In regards to number 4, how can I use my traits to gain additional dice?
you must describe that it has a benefit for that particular conflict. if every one accept it then you can roll a higher dice:D

for example you are in a conflict with another girl and you want to kill her, you say as she is tall/beautiful i use my trait "i hate all tall/beautiful girls" and you can use a higher dice. or if you have a trait in using bat( being in a baseball club) you can say i use my bat swing trait for hit that student... etc

Reactions: Cassette
dice used on game are: 6-8-10-12

most popular student roll10- least popular roll6 and rest roll 8. so if you are average(mean you must roll 8 sided dice) if you use your trait you can roll 10 for this conflict

• Thank You
you must describe that it has a benefit for that particular conflict. if every one accept it then you can roll a higher dice:D

for example you are in a conflict with another girl and you want to kill her, you say as she is tall/beautiful i use my trait "i hate all tall/beautiful girls" and you can use a higher dice. or if you have a trait in using bat( being in a baseball club) you can say i use my bat swing trait for hit that student... etc
Ahhhh, merci! Can I ask what you mean by 'higher dice' though, sorry! Do you mean more dice, or a dice with more sides?

Nevermind, you've explained now :)

@WeaponX Sorry to bother you again! I remember at the start of the Battle Royale manga every student got given a random item, is that what your belongings are? Or are those things you already have, and do you get another random item at the start of the RP?

@WeaponX Sorry to bother you again! I remember at the start of the Battle Royale manga every student got given a random item, is that what your belongings are? Or are those things you already have, and do you get another random item at the start of the RP?
No bother at all:D

yes. there are random weapons that you will get with your bag. you must roll a d100 and then you get your random weapon:D

weapons will be listed as belongings too. and you will not get any other belongings at first but who say you can steal from others?:D

• Thank You
No bother at all:D

yes. there are random weapons that you will get with your bag. you must roll a d100 and then you get your random weapon:D

weapons will be listed as belongings too. and you will not get any other belongings at first but who say you can steal from others?:D
Of course, where would the fun be if you can't steal? And are there any random items you may come across on the map, if you search for them?

• Thank You
Of course, where would the fun be if you can't steal? And are there any random items you may come across on the map, if you search for them?

this game will be some sort of freeform. so you can say and have everything that is reasonable. you tell the story. so if you say i search around a room and find a sharpened wood stick and i will say ok:D but i dont think that you can find a lightsaber in there:D

when we gather a group to go we will discuss that if we should play a freeform story telling or like the game itself is played. game goes something that everyone describe a part of a scene that we want to play like a movie. for example i said in a dark street where lights are blimping and then some other continues and add more elements and people and also elements and action to it or we can have a freeform that every one describe his own doings and go on

this game will be some sort of freeform. so you can say and have everything that is reasonable. you tell the story. so if you say i search around a room and find a sharpened wood stick and i will say ok:D but i dont think that you can find a lightsaber in there:D

when we gather a group to go we will discuss that if we should play a freeform story telling or like the game itself is played. game goes something that everyone describe a part of a scene that we want to play like a movie. for example i said in a dark street where lights are blimping and then some other continues and add more elements and people and also elements and action to it or we can have a freeform that every one describe his own doings and go on
I think I'd use a dice roll during my searches. Like if I searched a house for something to use as a weapon I might roll an eight sided dice. Five or above to find something, and the higher the better the find. But that would just be what I'd do, I wouldn't force others to do it. I just enjoy dice rolls XD.

I can't wait to get more people the~n. I'd personally like a mix of the two. Like you can do some freeform for being by yourself for a short while, then meet up with other players to do a scene. So for example, I might walk through a forest and gather some fruit from it to eat by myself, then see other people and start a fight scene with them, where we take turn describing the fight.

I think I'd use a dice roll during my searches. Like if I searched a house for something to use as a weapon I might roll an eight sided dice. Five or above to find something, and the higher the better the find. But that would just be what I'd do, I wouldn't force others to do it. I just enjoy dice rolls XD.

I can't wait to get more people the~n. I'd personally like a mix of the two. Like you can do some freeform for being by yourself for a short while, then meet up with other players to do a scene. So for example, I might walk through a forest and gather some fruit from it to eat by myself, then see other people and start a fight scene with them, where we take turn describing the fight.

i think that i will be a little hard to manage time in freeform like game. i mean if we want to get past day 1 we should put a iimit. for example after every 3 scenes a day will pass but you cant manage time in freeform and a day might take for a week a playing:D

you can still describe the scene with this method. you say that you are in jungle alone looking for food and find it and then someone else or yourself can involve the other students in it.

i think that i will be a little hard to manage time in freeform like game. i mean if we want to get past day 1 we should put a iimit. for example after every 3 scenes a day will pass but you cant manage time in freeform and a day might take for a week a playing:D

you can still describe the scene with this method. you say that you are in jungle alone looking for food and find it and then someone else or yourself can involve the other students in it.
True, we would need something to make sure time went by. Doing it by scenes is a good idea. We could also do it by posts, so for example a day could be 75 posts. So once we've gotten to X posts then once any current scenes are finished the day is over, and the cycle starts again. This way time still passes with the freeform. I don't mind which way we do it though, just some ideas. Doing it by scene does encourage more player interaction. :)

Hope to get more people to go:D if we can find 2 another players i think will be a good start. also i think we can reduce the maturity and violence of the game so minors can join?

lets wait and see:D

Hope to get more people to go:D if we can find 2 another players i think will be a good start. also i think we can reduce the maturity and violence of the game so minors can join?

lets wait and see:D
Have you made a banner yet? Using a banner might help get more people to join! I can always invite a few people too. :)

Sure, I have no issue with reducing the maturity/violence. I'll make sure not to go into gory details when someone dies.

Status
Not open for further replies.