Battle Of the Demi-Gods

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amice lowered her chin a bit, thinking on the question. "It.. It would be nice knowing which way to go." She pulled at the fabric around her neck. "At the moment though, I think I'd be better off in the forest." She wouldn't admit it nor begin to understand it herself, but she felt somewhat... Better. The word that ran through her head almost made her smile.

Elise nodded and smiled back, "the animals will watch over you" she said and began to leave

'The animals will watch over you'? She didn't really mean that, did she? By the looks of it, she certainly seems capable of making such a thing happen. "Wait!" The girl almost reached forward for Elise, but why? There was no reason for her to stop the woman from leaving if she wanted to. Instead, she inquires softly. "Where are you going?"

"Home" Elise said, her hair flowed behind her as she turned her back to her "im sleepy...and theres someone watching us" she said and walked away.

He arched an eyebrow and landed in front inf them, his wings go back into his back, "Hold it Elise. I actually need to talk to the both of you." His arms remained crossed

She stared at him for a while with her arms crossed "I do not even know you" she said.

Jay looked at the fox, a hint of fascination on his face. He watched as it scurried away, observing it's deft movements, They really are fascinating predators He thought, then noticed that fox had actually begun to run back to him, with something red in it's mouth, I really hope that's not what I think it is. Jay felt a wave of relief wash over him as the fox placed a rose in front of him, then scampered off. The act seemed awful bizarre to him, but he didn't think of it to much, instead marveling at the elegance of the rose. He picked it up and held it to his nose, Such beauty... He rose from his crouched stance, taking a look around the tree to the group which had begun to move slightly. He carefully placed the rose into his pocket, so the stem was nuzzled securely inside but the head of the flower was visible. He took slow cautious steps towards the group, "And here I was thinking I was doing such a good job hiding from you" He looked down to each of them, towering over them with his impressive height.

Elise smiled when Jay came "you are in my element I am the demi-goddess of Artemis, goddess of the hunt." The fox walked by Elise's side and she petted him "good boy thank you for delivering the package" Elise said.

Suddenly uneasy, Amice backed away from the small gathering until her back was against a tree.
She was shorter than all three of them, but they all looked younger than her. Demi-Goddess of Artemis? Is, is that what she just said? Slightly puzzled, she looked between the three before her, noting that they all had a different energy surrounding them. It was stronger than any humans aura that she could sense. Why hadn't she noticed Jay before then? "What do you need to say?" She glanced inquisitively at Eli, her tone timid.

Last edited by a moderator:
Eli let out a sigh, "I am Eli and-" suddenly a guy about Eli's height walked up to the group. He wasnt that much taller than Eli, only about 5 inches.. he thought he sened someone like them coming, "And who are you?" ((Hey guys dont get too far ahead... my internet is slow.... i apologize it shouldnt last long...))

"Its not about what i say it's about what this winged man has to say to us" Elise said as she continued to pet the fox.

Amice kept her mouth shut, glancing off to the side as she fidgeted her fingers. She was never this nervous around people! Get a grip on yourself. The girl absentmindedly twisted her foot into the ground, not realizing that she was rapidly feeding off the energy of the tree that began to slowly decay first at its bark then drooping limbs. The air felt slightly ominous to her.

Elise turned to the suddenly decayed tree and ran to it wondering what happened. The Fox just sat there next to Jay.

"Demi-god?" The word felt familiar to him, like he'd heard it many times before, yet it's true meaning he didn't know, as was expected since he'd received no formal education. He played it off however, "My name is Jay, but if you told people that name they'd not know who you're talking about. So call me Dark. It's a much more..... renown name" He explained, being careful of his choice of words.He grasped the stem of the rose in his pocket, cautious not to prick his finger on the stem. He pulled it out, looking to the demi-god of Artemis. He gave the girl a rare half smile the expression feeling weird on his lips, "Much appreciated" He sniffed the marvelous scent of the rose once more before placing it back in his pocket. He then began to smell another scent beyond the lingering aroma that still played around his nose, "Does anyone else smell dead wood?" It was a peculiar scent, not one that could be easily detected. He looked to the source and stared at the tree, "Was that always you know...... dead?"

"No...it wasn't" she said looking at Amice "in fact this tree was suppose to live longer than it should have..."
Elise looked so sad when she touched the dead leaves but then closed her eyes and accepted it, after all death brought new life from their ashes.

She raised an eyebrow at Jay and Elise before turning around to look at the grey, lifeless tree. Was that dead before I leaned against it? Quickly blinking the surprise off her face, she moves to sit on a misshapen boulder no higher than her hips. With a small jump, she situated herself on top of it, facing the others once more before lowering her head. "Must have been." She answers Jay, simultaneously denying Elise's statements. It couldn't have just... died. Refusing to look up, she pulls out the book stowed away in her cloak, brushing her thumb over the binding and quickly changing the topic. "The weather is nice." Really? 'Nice weather' is the best you've got? Her lips purse at her own mocking thought.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Yes it is" she said looking at Jay and smiling. When jay looked at her she looked away blushing. "I know it sounds wierd Amice...and I know I probably sound crazy but my mother visited me once when I was young. she told me i was a demi-god before she left...and never came back"

Jay approached the tree, and slowly ran his hand over the dry rough bark. The line he'd ran his hand over started to blacken, a bizarre contrast to the wood surrounding it. He could still sense the life essence of the tree, a weird skill he'd noticed he had since birth. The essence was faded and weak in the other parts of the tree, but in the area he'd just touched it was completely dead. He backed up, "How strange" He turned to the girl who sat on a boulder, ignoring the events that just took place, the blackened wood still sticking out like a sore thumb from the wood around it. He sighed, "I know you may find it a little abrupt that I say this, but normally when one introduces themselves they expect a name in return." He referred to his earlier introduction to the group. The question was pronounced without an inch of emotion, neither positive nor negative. He simply stood there staring at her expectantly, with the fox that'd delivered the rose seated beside him, also seeming to look at the girl expectantly. In fact, even though he waited for the question to be answered, his mind was thinking something completely different, Demi-god....demi-god.....daughter of Artemis...

That's right, I haven't introduced myself... She looked up from the closed book in her lap, her hair falling out of its bow. After a minute of staring at the two, she decided to believe Elise's words about who she was. That didn't keep her from looking back down and opening the Book of Shadows, flipping through the pages as if she were searching for something. Finding a blank page, Amice took out a pen and began to write something down, keeping the leather binding facing the two. She wasn't going to give her name just yet, so the girl remained silent, pulling her knees up to give the book more stability against them. "Have a last name?" The question was directed towards no one in particular, but simply asked to spare her some time.

"I don't...even if I did I couldn't remember...after Artemis left dad abandoned me on the streets...haven't seen either of them since..." The tiger curled up closer to Elise and the young demi-god sat down against the tiger while eating some berries that the fox tried to give Amice before. She looked up at the sky as she ate.

Status
Not open for further replies.