Battle of the Bands (MaryGold x lxngdon)

j a c e
"I can go with you, if you like," Jace offered automatically. It was a reflex action for him; there was no question that he would love to go to the childrens' hospital and perform for the little kids. Maybe not strip like he usually did, but perform nonetheless. And, he wanted to spend as much time with Embry as possible before Jasper inevitably snapped and forbade him from hanging out with her anymore.

Not that that would stop him. Jace would spend time with Embry whether Jasper liked it or not, but he would admittedly prefer to have his friend's blessing. Not because he felt that he owed Jasper anything, but because it would just generally be a lot easier if Jasper wasn't such a bitch.

"I'll have to sing something with minimal swearing, of course," he said. "Should I go with Victorious or Northern Downpour?"

E M B R Y
"Really?" Embry perked up, grinning happily. She had a feeling he'd offer to go, but now her feeling was confirmed."That would be awesome. They'd love it, I'd love it." It would be a wonderful surprise for the children. And it would that she would be able to spend more time with him.

"And both songs are so good, it's a toughie." She rubbed circles on the back of his hand with her thumb as she thought seriously hard. Not to anyone else's knowledge, she had listened to practically every one of their released songs. Yes, she was a fan, maybe not the biggest fan, but a fan nonetheless. "Nnn...no-no, yes. Northern Downpour?"

j a c e
"Northern Downpour it is." It was one of their older songs and was definitely a lot softer, kinder than their new music. Jace wasn't screaming on that particular track. It would be perfect for the kids and would give Jace the chance to relive his old music.

Soon they were at Embry's. "You gonna invite me in?" he joked, though he secretly wanted her to do so.​

E M B R Y
"I don't know." Embry scratched the back of her head, seriously considering it. Should she let him in? Thinking back to the time she spent at his house answered the internal question instantly. "If you really want to, sure."

She pulled out her key and unlocked the door. "I'll even try to cook us something. Mind you, try." She wasn't the best cook, nor was she the worst either. She just didn't cook for anyone else but herself, and so that meant she ate whatever she deemed editable of her own cooking and wouldn't cause her to roll over and get sick.​

j a c e
"Ooh, yes please," said Jace excitedly. He sat at the breakfast bar and watched her make her way around the kitchen.

"So, are you secretly a contestant on the next season of Celebrity MasterChef or not?"

(sorry it's so short, I got stuck."​

E M B R Y
"Yes, I was. But they let me go because I was a fire hazard or something. Ridiculous, right?" Embry quipped as she whipped around the kitchen preparing a simple meal for the both of them. "So I decided to stick with things I know I'm good at. And that includes being a singer slash musician and playing around with my friends. Life is good."

In no time she was done and set down their plates of stir-fry on the breakfast bar. She leaned against the counter top and said.
"I don't know if it's good, but I guarantee it won't make you sick."

Last edited:
j a c e
Jace took a mouthful of the stir-fry and let out a little moan of contentment. "This is so good," he told her honestly. It genuinely was. Jace wasn't the kind of person to lie to make other people happy.

"So what're you singing tomorrow?" he asked Embry.​

E M B R Y
"Yay!" Embry grinned evidently happy to see he enjoyed it. She moved from her standing place in the kitchen and plopped down onto the still next to Jace. Though, she did take a bite out of her own plate just to be sure. The results were more than satisfying.

"I was going to sing Use Somebody, but then I remembered that isn't my song." She lifted a single shoulder in a half a shrug, still grinning."Ergo, I'll sing Where The Lines Overlap or maybe Still Into You."

j a c e
Jace had made it no secret that he was a rather large Insanity Not Sound fan, so his eyes lit up at the mentions of those particular songs. "Hm. I think you should sing Still Into You," he offered. "It's one of your most popular songs, after all. Or does Isaac tell you which song to sing like he seems to tell you to do everything else?"

Jace knew the comment was uncalled for but he genuinely did believe her band member was controlling her. Maybe not in an abusive way, but he was definitely the boss of her and that was wrong in Jace's opinion. There was no boss in Beautiful Pain. They all worked together, even when they were arguing like little bitches. If anyone had to be the boss it would be Evan, as he was the most rational, but technically they were all the boss.​

E M B R Y
Embry was taken off guard by the sudden remark. She set down her fork and answered a little on the defensive side."He made suggestions of course. But ultimately, I'm the one who chooses the songs. I do write them after all." Her voice softened toward the end of the sentence. She didn't want to get upset, but she hated when anyone suggested or even hinted anything that she was a doormat. Because she had been a doormat many times before.

And, anyway, she didn't want him talking about Isaac that. He could be an ass, but she still loved him."He can be a control freak often. But, everything he does is for the band." She sighed."He doesn't control everything either."

j a c e
Jace heard the difference in her voice and he frowned. He had not meant to upset her. He had just thought he was making an observation. "I'm sorry," he said to her, putting a hand on her knee. "I didn't mean to imply that you're a pushover, or he's evil or anything. I just think that it should be more of a democracy instead of Isaac telling you what to do all the time." He sighed. "Well, if it works for you, I mean, go ahead. But do you see what I mean?"

E M B R Y
"Yeah. I do." Embry acknowledged with a sigh. Now that she could truly see what he was getting at, the thought had crossed her mindany timed before. And she was certain it did the other two as well. Keeping track of the schedule was one thing. Deciding it was another. "It is annoying. But he's always been right and good at what he does we never bothered to say anything."

Emby bit her bottom lip."I do think we should talk to him about that though. Or more like Orion should, Isaac is more convinced by him than anyone else. But I doubt I can get him to talk or any of them for that matter. They're all super annoyed with me. Especially after ditching earlier and leaving that situation shoved on them."

Last edited:
j a c e
"Sounds like they all agree with Jasper. Probably the only thing our bands agree on, besides that boy bands suck." Jace sighed and took a bite of his stir-fry, his hand still on Embry's knee. "You know," he said thoughtfully, "the entire reason this feud exists is because Jasper's a little bitch."

E M B R Y
"Really?" Embry asked candidly, laying her cheek in the palm of her hand. "I guessed it because he's the one Orion mainly complains about. I don't know the whole story, just what's happening here and now."

"I suppose it doesn't completely matter who started it because the rest are keeping the flames going." She took his free hand, on her knee, in her own.​

j a c e
Jace smiled and squeezed her hand. He finished his stir fry and turned to her.

"Enough about the dumbass feud," he declared. "We don't need that kind of negativity. What do you wanna do?"

E M B R Y
"Truth be told, I was originally going to crochet some hand gloves while watching Edward Scissorhands. That or play some video games." Embry told him as she stacked their empty plates.

"I have a lot of horror games naturally. But a guarantee it wing leave you scarred and hugely disturbed like that ducking centipede trilogy."

j a c e
"Ooh, I would love to play a horror game with you."

Jace played a lot of video games, but usually shooting or racing games. He was quite partial to Mario Kart, though he would never admit it. He was also very fond of The Sims.

"What have you got?"

E M B R Y
"I only have Playstations, so." Embry shrugged her shoulders. She had a Wii U too, but the pad to that was broken, and yet to be replaced, it was whole other story. "I have the Resident Evil collection, which is by far ,without a doubt,better than the films." She made a face. "Then there's Dead Rising 2, The Last of Us, and Doom."

"I have some non-horrors too. Like all of Uncharted, the new Tomb Raider games, and the Just Dance series." Yet, she rarely played Just Dance, it was a total workout and definitely more fun to play with other people.

j a c e
Jace's eyes lit up at the mention of Just Dance.

"Oh, we are so fucking playing Just Dance," he proclaimed, jumping to his feet and clapping his hands together. "And I am going to beat your ass, as revenge for you beating me at karaoke the other night. I'm still broken up about that, you know."

E M B R Y
"Mwhahaha." Embry gave a dramatic evil laugh and placed both of her hands on her her hips."If you're broken now, you'll be shattered after I destroy you in the first round." She flicked her hair over her shoulder and pointed her thumb to the living room, where the console and game lied.

She hopped off her seat, hastened to the living room and set up the game. Nsturlly, she moved the coffee table out of the way first. "What song do you want to do?"