Battle of the Bands (MaryGold x lxngdon)

j a c e
Once at the hospital, Jace and Embry sat in the waiting room while they waited for news on Ashley's father. Jace had his hand on Ashley's back and she was crying, worried about her injured dad.

"Ash, he'll be okay," Jace assured her. "He'll be fine."

"You don't know that," Ashley whimpered. Jace looked at Embry desperately.

E M B R Y
Embry was sitting on the other side of Ashley and she acted without thinking when receiving Jace's distress signal."I'm not sure what to say, but I want you to know we care. " She put an arm around her shoulder.

And using her other hand, she gestured for Jace to give her hug. Embry was not expert when it came to comforting people, still she knew that acknowledgement, affection and silence usually worked well. And she was sure that Jace giving her a hug would be more more comforting since how they knew each other better.

j a c e
Jace took the hint and pulled Ashley into a tight hug. She cried harder but she buried her face into his shoulder and sobbed into his jacket. Jace looked at Embry with gratitude just as a nurse called Ashley's name.

Ash jumped up and Jace sighed, turning to Embry. "Thanks," he said quietly. "I think you really helped."

E M B R Y
"I'm glad I could help.Hopefully everything will be all okay." Embry replied genuinely, clasping her hands as she looked in the direction Ashley left in.

She turned to look at Jace and asked curiously."You have two sisters and I'm sure you have a mother. How did you not know how to comfort her? I was sure you'd be better than me."​

j a c e
Jace's eyes widened in confusion and he shrugged dramatically. "Shit, I don't know!" He shook his head and sighed.

"I'll let you in on a little secret -- when we were kids, I was the little bitch who cried all the time and my sisters had to comfort me." He sighed and laughed. "So I have, like, zero idea on how to comfort people. Not just girls. I'm a shitty person."

E M B R Y
Embry looked up and away for a moment before chortling."For some strange reason, it wasn't that hard to vision. I cried a lot as a kid too. I did more consoling when I entered high school." She pushed back her hair from her face. "So I'm like an eleven year veteran in the art of consoling."

"What type of things did you cry over?"​

j a c e
Jace snickered. "What would I cry over? I think the better question is what wouldn't I cry over." He stretched his legs out and put an arm around Embry's shoulders. The waiting room was empty besides Jace and Embry; this was quite an expensive hospital so there weren't too many patients or visitors.

"Disney movies, puppies, people falling over, not getting my way, not reaching a particular note, Leonardo DiCaprio not winning an Oscar, papercuts ..." He waved his hand in a circle as he spoke, as if the cycle of Jace bawling his eyes out was never-ending. "I was probably this way until age, um, twenty-three?"

E M B R Y
"Wow. That's twenty-three years of your life right there." Embry acknowledged with a shake of her head. Seeing how no one else was around at the moment, she decided to relax into his arms, leaning against him and laying her head on his shoulder. She was a lot more tired than she let on, but not for the right reason.

"So,it was only just four years ago when you crybaby." She smiled, charmed, but in an amusing way. "How have ever have you been living all this time?"

j a c e
"Well, until I was ten I sucked on my thumb," said Jace. He kept one arm around Embry's shoulders and used the other hand to play with her beautiful blonde hair. "And then from age ten to eighteen Bianca would beat up anyone who picked on me so I kind of stopped. After that I would pretend I was a big strong boy in public and cry at home when no one could see me. And then at age twenty-three I stopped being a little bitch, because that was when the band started really taking off."

Jace felt comfortable admitting this intimate information to Embry when he usually would never tell a soul about this. He felt that he could be honest and she wouldn't judge or think any less of him.

E M B R Y
"That's kind of endearing in a weird way, I don't know." Embry snorted at her own choice of words. But it wasn't untrue, it was nice to hear how Jace grew and wondered if anyone else would now this outside of his close circle of friends. She doubted it, she never heard him say so in interviews before. The fact that he was sharing this personal information with her somehow made her feel closer to him, close enough to share some of her own secrets.

Embry picked at her fingernails and opened up."I was super temperamental too. But, I didn't just cry, I threw punches." She chuckled at herself."I had a super short-temper back then and aggressive. I guess I still am aggressive. I had to fight all of my fights and my younger sister's too. I wish I had an older sibling or something. I was a mean bitch, a lot of kids were scared of me at school and in the neighborhood."​

j a c e
"Somehow it's not hard to imagine you like that," said Jace, still playing with her hair. "I mean, you look pretty tough and that's how you act in your music videos and on stage, but I wasn't sure if it was just that, an act. Jasper thinks it's just an act, but Jasper's an asshole, so his opinion isn't particularly relevant."

Jace smiled. "Hillary was like you when she was a kid. She was always fighting people around school and she's beaten me up on multiple occasions."

E M B R Y
"Aww. It's often that you find yourself beating on siblings. I still fight mine a lot, she's been snitching on me since she could talk." Embry rolled her eyes. "Besides the fact that it's fun for her, she just can't help but tell. She still does it to this day."

"But, speaking ofJasper, how do you think him and Orion are doing right now? I'm seriously hoping I didn't worsen things, but..."
She sighed, feeling sick. "I just thought if they talked it out, it would all be okay like like in one of those Disney movies." This she only has joked about. She really did think at first that a simple talk and understanding would solve some issues between them. But now she was having doubts.

Last edited:
j a c e
Jace shrugged. "I don't know. Jasper's a little bitch and he'll try to be difficult, but I think under that prickly exterior, he really just wants his friend back." Jace sighed. Orion leaving had taken a toll on Jasper and he was still bitter, but Jace and Cass suspected he really just wanted Orion back. Which was reasonable.

"They'll be fine."

E M B R Y
"It's a child's quarrel," Embry concluded with a shake of the head. "It always felt that way from what I've seen." She mumbled. It was annoying and upsetting, but she truly hoped they'd be friends again.

She sighed and looked around the empty room before sitting up."You know, I hate hospitals." She said with a slight grimace. The only reason she agreed to come was because she didn't want to stay with the others, and, well she might as well admit she need to go herself. "More than that, I hate shots. And I know I need one now." It was more that she was fucking terrified of needles to be more precise.​

j a c e
Jace nodded in understanding. "I don't particularly like hospitals, either. I don't like how sterile and pristine they are." Jace was the kind of person who functioned better in an environment of organised chaos. Everything made perfect sense to Jace himself, but if anyone else were to stumble onto his workspace they would be completely dumbfounded.

"And I only have an issue with needles when they're associated with illegal drugs," he added. "I mean, look at me. I'm covered in tattoos, so I can't hate needles. And I don't mind shots either."

E M B R Y
"Oh, yes. This and these." Embry lifted her tattooed hand to see and pushed back her hair for her pierced ear to be seen."That's the only time, I've really, really tried not to freak because I wanted them so badly. But..besides that." She made a face. Besides that, she hated needles and didn't like them, but the horrific reality was that she had to take a needle to the gut every day.

"Any needle for any other purpose, I just hate. I have the worst fate of having to deal with them every day because I'm diabetic. That's what I meant by needing one now." She had totally forgotten to take a dose because of her her morning started. And she didn't bother to remember either. To be honest, she didn't even take it unless the others forced her to, which was everyday.​

j a c e
Jace frowned when she revealed to him that she was a diabetic. "Aww, poor baby." He kissed her on the forehead. "If it makes you feel better, I'm allergic to, like, everything. Plants. Grass. I also burn really easily, so I never go outside."

Just then a nurse came into the waiting room and Jace sat up, causing Embry to sit up, too.

"You're Ashley's friends?"

"Yes," said Jace, nodding. "How's her dad?"

"She's doing well. Ashley sent me out to tell you that she'll be busy all night and you guys can just go home."

E M B R Y
"That's good." Obviously she was thrilled to know that Ashley's father was doing well. It would also mean she was doing okay too. She didn't know Ashley all that well, but she was sure after this experience they would become good friends.

Embryo gripped the arms of the chair and forced herself up onto her feet.
"Thank you for letting us know." She would go ahead and comply with the drummer's wishes. Ignoring the fact that she she didn't care to stay in the hospital much longer, she really couldn't see much else she could do to help anyway.

j a c e
Jace stood and took Embry's hand in his own. He thanked the nurse and soon Jace and Embry were in a taxi cab, going God knows where.

"Did you want to go home?" he asked Embry. "Or go out and do something?" Jace didn't want to leave her alone yet, but he knew she had her own life and her own commitments. She might have plans. Her band members were probably worried that Jace was off corrupting her somewhere and he wouldn't give Jasper to be even more of a bitch.

E M B R Y
"I never want to go home." Embry uttered and intertwined their hands. It was an innocent action, but it excited her. Not in an arousing way, but in a pure way. She couldn't remember the last time she held hands like this with someone, but the butterflies fluttering her stomach were almost unreal.

She stared at their hands as she brought herself back to reality."I would stay up all night with you if I could. Sadly I can only stay out so late tonight." She indeed had an appointment tomorrow. And Isaac would kill her if she was even the tiniest bit late. And he'd be mad if he knew she was Jace."Ironically, I have to go back to the hospital. Well, a children's hospital. Give them a little performance."

"I have to go. Alone. By myself." She whined and nudged his shoulder with her forehead.

Last edited: