Battle of the Bands (MaryGold x lxngdon)

j a c e

Alexa's comments were annoying, sure, but Jace was used to them and he had thick skin so nothing really affected him. He was able to roll his eyes at her, flip her off and turn back to Embry.

Erin's comments, however, were different. They weren't directed at him but they affected Jace more than Alexa had because they were directly attacking Embry.

He turned to the other male with a dangerous glint in his blue eyes. "Excuse me?"

He stepped closer, holding onto Embry's hand. He wasn't intending to be intimidating or menacing but he wanted to get his point across.

"Whatever form of syphilis you have that eats away your brain and causes you to not appreciate how beautiful Embry is, I'm thankful you have it because it allowed you to free her up for me. If you ever talk shit about her like that I will bury you. Understand?"

E M B R Y
Embry brushed her thumb over the back his hand delicately. "Forget about it, Jace." Her voice soft, but still loud plenty to be heard over the music.

Erin was an inch or two shorter than Jace, and maybe should have been intimidated, but he snorted and continued to smile, appearing entertained. He knew that that the musician couldn't and wouldn't touch him, it would only cause trouble on his side. "No, I really don't understand, Lesecki. We're entitled to our own opinions and are allowed to speak freely about them. You call Alexa a cunt and or an STD infested slut."

To which Alexa responded with an, "Excuse me?"

Yet, he ignored her and continued."I don't see what the problem is if I call Embry a bimbo bitch and or a dunce. Don't get me wrong, I do think she's pretty, not as beautiful as the models I've worked with, but she's definitely pretty. And on top of that a really good fuck." He chuckled a little, as if he was remembering good times.

"But as far as introducing her as my anything, no, it'd be too mortifying. Now, more so seeing how she's no longer submissive, or maybe she still is in bedroom. Did she cry the first time around? I know she did wh-"

"Shut up." Embry hissed. If anything, she was the one who was mortified. More of herself than of Erin, knowing that she dated him and claimed to love him once upon a time. And at the fact that Jace had to see it and dumb Alexa who was looking more and more amused each second.

j a c e

Jace wanted to throw up.

Having being raised by two proudly feminist parents with a twin and a younger sister, Jace was brought up with a very healthy and intense respect for women. He didn't understand how or why some people thought it was okay to speak about women like they were nothing but sex objects.

Whatever the reason, Jace didn't like it. And he certainly didn't like hearing Erin speak about Embry in that way.

"I don't know what bullshit traumatic shit you went through as a child that turned you into such a cunt now, but I really don't care." Jace's voice was almost shaking.

"I also don't know what Embry was like when you were with or and I don't want to hear it."

He tightened his hold on Embry's hand and glowered down at Erin.

"But if you'd be mortified to introduce yourself as Embry's anything, maybe it's because you know that under that obnoxious exterior you know you'll never deserve her."

E M B R Y
"Because I deserve better, right? I've heard this one before so it really makes no difference to me."

"Come on." Embry said, keeping a secure grip on Jace's hand, though there wasn't much need seeing how tightly he was holding it, to the point it was a little painful.

She turned away from Erin and his bullshit, pulled Jace with her and pushed past Alexa, bumping shoulders but not stopping to apologize or anything of the sort. Why would she? The reason she was trying to escape the room was to escape them.

And she had started to feel suffocated inside. So, she didn't stop until they were outside in the yard. Not totally away from the party, but enough so that she could hear her own thoughts and breathe correctly.

Embry dropped his hand before sitting on a garden bench and sighing deeply. "I think we're safe here." She said jokingly, because she didn't know what else to say. More than anything she wanted to cry, but she held back for fear of ruining the night entirely.

Last edited:
j a c e

Jace was absolutely seething, which you could visibly see in his actions and his movements. He cracked his tattooed knuckles as he paced in front of Embry, unblinking, glaring ahead.

"I'm going to kill him."

He didn't mean it, of course. Jace would never kill anyone. He'd get in too much trouble from the media. Oh, and it was the wrong thing to do.

But he was so mad, so livid, that he wanted to. He wanted to go back and find Erin and beat his stupid head in.

"How fucking dare he. How dare he say such things about you? I don't even care if they were true, he had no right to say them to me, or Alexa. What a fucking loser."

E M B R Y
"Forget it. Forget him. He's not worth it." Embry choked as she pushed the palms of her hands into her eyes. "He's always been that way."

She'd by lying if she said there weren't times where she wanted to pulverize him herself, partially like now. Once she shoved him, but that didn't end on a happy note. And she didn't want to have to deal with anything similar as that time. She didn't want to deal with him period.

"I'm the one who dated him so it honestly does come back to me. So, I am a dunce in that perspective."

Her voice was cracking all over the place. And she couldn't look him in the face. But she was not going to cry. At least not here where anybody could walk in on them.

"Leave him be. He won't leave you alone if you piss him off or something."

j a c e

Jace squatted down in front of her and took her hands. "You are not a dunce," he told her firmly, stroking the backs of her slender hands with his thumbs. He didn't care what she had done in the past.

All he cared about was making sure she was okay now.

"You made some stupid decision in the past. That doesn't dictate how you are, as long as you move on from it. I mean, I dated Alexa for some reason and now I've spectacularly upgraded, as have you."

He kissed her on the lips, careful not to smudge their makeup.

"Now, this party is making me want to take shots of bleach so do you want to go to Evan Peters' or Tyler Joseph's?"

E M B R Y
"Tyler Joseph's." Embry answered with a short nod of her head as she stared at him through her dark hair fringes.

How on earth did she deserve to have such a beautiful person was beyond her understanding. And why he loved her was the same.The only thing she did know was that she'd never let him go

She gripped his hands tightly for a temporary, fleeting moment and smiled weakly. "Or whichever is closer. I don't really mind where to first."

Her voice was stabilizing after she sniffled and swallowed down those tears.

j a c e

Jace nodded, kissed all of her fingertips and stood up to lead her out of this toxic party. He lead her down the side of the huge building so they didn't run into anyone they knew and helped her into his car.

He put on Blurryface through the Bluetooth speaker. "To get in the mood," he explained.

Beginning to drive, Jace inquired, "How long did you date that wanker for, anyway?"

E M B R Y
"Maybe...two years, almost three." Embry sighed, and dropped her head against the glass of the window. "And I know that's long time considering how much of an ass he is, but in my defense, he was really sweet to me in the beginning."

"I was constantly getting into fights at school after my best friend ditched me, and my only other true friends, Eadlyn and Isaac, attended public school while I was in private."
It was years ago. And yet she remembered everything vividly. Maybe it was because the whole story had helped reform her into the person she was today, or maybe it was because it had left scars deep in her. "So, I guess I was pretty lonely and he swooped in at the right time. I was a sophomore and he had just entered college. My parents would never of had approved for multiple reasons so only a few knew about us."

She huffed, becoming upset with the mere action of simply thinking about her old relationship. It made her frustrated with herself and angry with her ex. "I didn't know he was really an ass, yet alone that he'd slowly and subtly become my verbal abuser. He never hit me, he's not that type of guy, otherwise it would have been over..."

"Actually, to be honest, what initiated our breakup was because when we were fighting about how he always trivialized my everything and I shoved him, he shoved me down the stairs. I was hospitaled and my parents got involved so he broke it off with me before they connected the dots. And that was that."

Of course, he didn't give her the right to dump him. And he said the most cruelest things. Words cut deeper than knives and he knew that.

j a c e

Jace listened quietly, not wanting to interrupt or say anything that could make it worse. It was odd to think that they could have both lived such broadcasted lives, but Embry's history with Erin went over everyone's heads.

At the mention of verbal abuse, Jace's tattooed fingers tightened around the steering wheel and he glared ahead. He failed to understand how or why anyone would even consciously consider damaging such an amazing person. Embry. Embry Ashford. How could anyone hurt her?

He had just pulled onto Tyler's street when she told him about Erin pushing him down the stairs. Jace shuddered so hard that the car veered slightly and he pulled over because he was shaking with anger.

Jace turned the car off and tried to concentrate on his breathing so he could calm down. He didn't want to scare Embry, especially not after such a sore encounter with her ex. The ex who had caused her so much pain.

After a few moments he opened his mouth. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare you. I love you. It's just ..."

Jace sighed shakily and ran a hand through his hair, before turning to her.

"It baffles me as to how anyone could treat such a beautiful girl in such a disgusting way."

E M B R Y
Embry gripped the bottom of her seat tightly when he suddenly swerved and pulled over. It frightened her a mildly, but she was quick to relax in her seat again and unclaw her fingers as well. She exhaled slowly and turned to face Jace, only speaking after him.

"Because I'm not that beautiful. At least, not to him." She paused. "But I don't care what he thinks, said or said to me."

Beautiful. She had been called it many times, by the media, her fans and many others. A common compliment for her. So, she knew she had to be pretty, but that didn't mean she felt pretty. No, she didn't even feel ugly, it was blank spot for her. Erin had etched the word 'nothing' so deeply into her, she felt nothing of herself.

Only when the people she knew and loved told her that she was beautiful is when she felt the tiniest bit pretty.

But with Jace, it was different. He said she was and he thought she was as well. He didn't have to say it, she could see it in the way he looked at, talked to her and touched her. And it made her feel more than beautiful, but magnificent.

Because he truly loved her.

Her eyes glistened with tears as she reached for his hand. "I only care what you think about me."

If she could have, she would have left what she did and endured with Erin quiet from him, at least a little longer. It was painful and humiliating. But most importantly, she didn't want Jace's opinion of her to change. Then she really wouldn't know what to do.

j a c e

It was odd to think that her self-esteem and how she thought of herself rested in the palm of Jace's hand. It was also terrifying, because he knew that if he slipped up even slightly, it could crush her.

He wouldn't be able to live with himself if he did that.

Jace bit his painted lip and carefully cradled her beautiful face in his long hands. He looked into her eyes intently as he affectionately stroked her cheekbone.

"I think you're the most beautiful, amazing, lovely, caring, talented human being I have ever had the privilege to meet in my life."

Jace meant every word that came out of his mouth and he hoped he could chase away everything Erin had ever said to her with his own words.

He leaned in and pressed his lips against hers, softly and lovingly, before pulling back and sighing.

"I love you. I love you so fucking much."

E M B R Y
Embry choked, raising her hand and using her her fingers to brush away the tears that fell from her eyes. She didn't bother being careful enough to stop her makeup from being smudged or ruined, that was something that could easily be fixed.

But the heart, her heart, was a different manner. It was something that could easily be broken with the right words from the right person. Fortunately for her, she had placed it in the right hands.

He had said he loved her many times already, and she knew there were many more times to come. But she would never get tired of hearing it, and her heart would never stop swelling with happiness. Without a doubt, they were the most reassuring and beautiful words she had ever heard. It was better than any song, piece or note to ever exist.

"I love you too." Embry sniffled and blinked the remaining tears in her eyes, though they proceeded to fall anyway. Despite that, she wiped them off her cheek anyway.

j a c e

She was crying but they were tears of happiness and Jace leaned forward to kiss her cheeks, his lips gently pressing against her soft skin, and he wiped away any tears he missed with his thumb. She was beautiful. She was so beautiful and so fragile and Jace had never loved anyone more.

He pulled back and started the car again. "We should probably show up at these parties before we get blackballed on Twitter," he told her with a tiny sigh. He knew she probably wasn't up for it, but if his friends saw him at Kylie's party and not theirs, they would get pissed.

"We only have to be at each one for five minutes and then we can go home and cuddle for fifteen years in a row," he promised her as he inched the vehicle forward.

"These will be better because they do not contain any evil exes. And Evan is cool, Tyler is the coolest and Jimmy Fallon invites people like Justin Timberlake and Matt Damon every year."

E M B R Y
"Sounds like fun." Embry remarked, offering a small smile.

She picked up her purse, from below her legs and on the floor of the car, to take out her compact makeup kit. It only took a minute to fix the damage she had done her first layer of makeup and a few seconds to cover any signs of her crying as well.

Once she was finished, she put her things away and took a deep breath to relax her nerves. "Alright. Let's go."

j a c e

Evan's, Tyler's and Jimmy's parties were definitely better than Kylie's, and not just because they didn't contain any despicable exes, though that definitely helped. The music at Tyler Joseph's was unreal and Margot Robbie was there. Jace got to meet Taissa Farmiga at Evan's party and Justin Timberlake at Jimmy Fallon's.

Eventually, however, he decided to take Embry home because he could tell she was drained. He drove her back to his house and lead her inside, excusing himself to remove his makeup.

He emerged from his room with messy blond hair and sweatpants and a tank top. Jace decided to make Embry a treat as she got ready; he pulled out some microwave chocolate lava cakes and set them out with cream, waiting for her to come out.

E M B R Y
Cleaning up was a rather refreshing task for her after all that occurred. The events left her weary because of the miserable affair at Kylie's party. And that wasn't very happy making when Halloween was usually her most favorite holiday. Obviously, today it wasn't.

So, she took a quick and hot shower, washing away her makeup and whatever unhappiness with it. She was out in no time at all, dried her herself from her hair and down, though her hair was still damp and dripping from the ends a little. But she went on and borrowed one of Jace's T-shirts and boxer shorts. She found his clothing very comfortable.

Embry dried the ends of her hair as she swiftly made her way to join him. And naturally, her eyes lit up at the sight of him and even more so at the chocolate lava cakes. "Is one for me?" She asked childishly.

j a c e

"No, I made two for myself,"
Jace said sarcastically with a grin and an eyeroll as he pushed one bowl towards Embry and poured her a glass of milk to go with her dessert. "Of course one's for you, you silly, beautiful girl."

He kissed her on the top of the head as he sat down beside her with his own dessert and dug his spoon into the cake, with the chocolate sauce spilling out onto the bowl.

"So are you excited for tomorrow?" He didn't need to elaborate -- they were recording their duet the next day.

"We have to be in the studio by ten tomorrow morning so you should just spend the night. We can watch a Disney movie and make out until we fall asleep."

E M B R Y
Embry took her plate eagerly and joyously. Chocolate, she needed and wanted it more than anything the moment she picked up her fork. She perked up further at the mention of tomorrow.

"I know we only finished it the day before, but it feels we've been waiting since forever."

Embry smiled and dug into her lava cake and sighed loudly, absolutely content, more than content with the chocolate desert. It was especially satisfying and lovely after all the happened earlier. And even more so when things were getting better the further along.

"What Disney move should watch then?"