Battle of the Bands (MaryGold x lxngdon)

j a c e
Jace took her phone and filled out a contact for her, including his cell, home and work phone numbers. He took a very unflattering selfie and set it as his contact photo. He also followed himself on Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat.

He set her phone down on the bench and picked up his own. It was ringing; the call was from Cass.

"Jasper's fucking pissed, man," he said in a way of greeting.

"I know, he called and abused me about ten minutes ago."

"You got a bodyguard?"

"Please. Jasper will just rant on Twitter about it. I'll be fine."

"I hope so, Jace."

E M B R Y
Embry had left the room before he picked up his call. She moved back into the bedroom's bathroom and promptly switched back into her clothing from last night. She'd have to properly change into a fresh pair of clothing at home.

"Are you still talking or?" She whispered with the shaka sign up to her ear.

j a c e
Jace shook his head and hung up the phone. "Nah. So ... I'll call you when I figure out a date that is worthy of you. It's gonna be hard, though."

He smiled and took a strand of her hair between his fingers and played with it. "I wish you luck on your endeavour to not be killed by your band members."

E M B R Y
"If I do happen to get killed. I'll come back to haunt you." A smirk played on Embry's lips."You should worry more about yourself. I'm afraid Jasper might really break you if it weren't for the fact that you are a prime member." Or more like the prime member. He wrote songs, he sang songs and he directed music videos. And the girls especially loved him.

She took his hand in her own."I wouldn't mind if you text to let me know you're alive and well. I wouldn't mind if you text me any time before at all."

j a c e
Jace grinned. "I wouldn't mind if you came to haunt me, actually. But I'll text you tonight, let you know I'm alive."

He leaned in and kissed her cheek. "I'll see you later, Embry."

He was starting to miss her already but he knew she had to go. And, as much as he wanted to stay in and cuddle with her for the end of time, he did have a music video to shoot.

E M B R Y
"See you soon," Embry said her goodbyes and dropped his hand. She swooped up her phone from the bench and headed out the door after giving a wave.

She huffed when outside and trudged off, away from Jace's home. She had her own set of problems to deal with, but it didn;t mean she wanted to. Once she was far enough, she put on her sunglasses from her purse and called a cab.​

j a c e
Jace stretched his arms and made his way to the studio. In a few hours the video was completed, quite successfully, too. He was very pleased with the final cut. The video was to be released the next day.

Jasper wanted to meet up with him and the rest of the band for dinner. Jace texted Embry to let her know he was alive and made his way to the restaurant.

E M B R Y

Embry smiled happily at the text she received and thought about texting Jace back right away. Yet, that would be an impossible task to do while she was sitting at a table with the guys. And they would probably guess what she was texting and to who.

After Embry got home and took a long shower, she headed towards Isaac's house where they all were waiting for her. They constantly talked over one another and asked repetitive questions, it took a while to calm them. Perhaps it was an hour or two before she squashed their worries and put out the flames of their anger.

They were still pissed at her, but ultimately needed to move on to business. They decided to talk their meeting over a meal, so they currently sat in a restaurant.

"Alright, Em, you'll be visiting the children's hospital tomorrow."

"I was never told about this."

"Maybe if you weren't out playing with fucking Jace Lesecki you have been told on time." Isaac's voice was dangerously low.

"Point taken."

j a c e
"Jason, I am very mad at you, so I suggest you not fuck with me on this fine evening."

"Don't full name me. You aren't my mother."

Jasper glared at Jace over the salt and pepper shakers. They were sitting opposite one another on a large table in their favourite restaurants with the rest of the band, already eating their entrees. The tension was so thick Jace could have cut it with his steakknife. Cass and Ashley both looked very awkward and like they would rather be anywhere else on the planet. Evan looked very amused.

"I can't believe you, honestly," said Jasper, aggressively spearing a piece of lettuce with his fork and shoving it into his mouth. "Orion fucks us over and you go and date one of the band members he left us for."

"Orion fucked us over." Jace scowled at Jasper over the rim of his champagne glass. "Orion. Not Embry. I don't understand why you would hate the entire band because Orion fucked us over, Jasper. I think you're overreacting a little."

"He left us for -- you have got to be fucking kidding me."

Jace and the others turned around to see what Jasper was staring at. Insanity Not Sound were seated at a table on the other side of the restaurant. Jace snickered.

"Hey, Jas, now's your time to apologise."

"Fuck you, Lesecki."

E M B R Y
Embry picked at her plate with a fork as Isaac droned on about thier schedule. She only started listening to them when Eadlyn pointed out, literally, and said."Look, Em! It's your boyfriend and his friends."

She didn't have to ask, she just turned around and spotted them. "Look at that. They are here. You know I think the universe is trying to tell us something."

"Shut up. " Orion groaned.

Isaac wrinkled his nose."Don't even joke like that, Eadlyn. Embry." He gave her a pointed look.

Embry simply rolled her eyes and smiled."Just smile and wave boys, smile and wave." She waved over to thier table shamelessly.​

j a c e
Jace snickered and waved back to Embry. Jasper groaned, so Jace shot Embry an apologetic look, gestured to the guitarist and turned around to face him.

"You know, ninety-nine percent of the problem is being caused by you and your insatiable desire to be a little bitch," snapped Jace. He was getting sick of Jasper trying to dictate their lives because he was acting like a bitter ex. So what if Orion had left? Yeah, it wasn't ideal, but Jasper could have remained his friend if he had decided to be an adult about the issue.

Jasper flipped him off. "Seriously, Jace, fuck off."

E M B R Y
Embry sighed. She didn't need to e up close to see, and even feel, the tension at thier table. And the other saw it as well. Orion was smirking, pleased looking even.

"For a band who won the Tilbury only a day or two ago, they don't look very happy in this moment."

"Orion, please." Embry stood from her seat."Maybe you should talk to them here or later. It'll open an opportunity for Jasper to apologize."

"I rather not.He won't apologize unless he absolutely has to."

"I don't care, we should at least try to resolve our issues. And people are watching." She gestured to the many eyes that kept sneaking more than one glance at them. "Just pretend to be nice and it'll work."

"Don't do it, Em." Orion warned a little too late. She was already approaching the other's table.​

Last edited:
j a c e
"No."

"Excuse me?"

"Absolutely fucking not."

"What're you --"

Cass nudged Jace and Jace turned around. He smiled when he saw Embry making her way to their table. A very unexpected surprise, but a pleasant one, nonetheless.

Well, pleasant for Jace, at least. He could practically hear Jasper seething from the other side of the table, so, naturally, Jace decided to mess with him a little.

Jace stood up and took Embry's hand, kissing it. "Greetings, dearest Embry. May I invite you to our table?"

E M B R Y
Embry grinned at the sweet greeting. Though, she quickly wiped it off her face and shoved him away gently. As much as she would love to be near him, she also didn't want to piss off Jasper any farther. Otherwise, she doubted she'd even have the slimmest chance to get them to talk with the others.

"We must be on the same wavelength. I was going to invite you guys to have desert with us."​

j a c e
"Thanks for the invite, but I would rather do literally anything else."

"Stop being a bitch, Jasper." Jace sighed and pulled Cass and Ashley to their feet. "We will indeed be joining Embry and her bandmates and you and Orion can sort out your shit while we're there."

Jasper glared at Jace but stood up anyway. "Whatever. I hate you."

"I love you too."

E M B R Y
Embry paced back to her table where the others weren't bothering to mask their surprise. "I know, I'm amazing." She teased and moved to pull Orion onto his feet."Bye, Orion." She pushed, or more like shoved, him in the direction of Jasper.

She watched him walk, not before shooting her a dirty look. She could only wave to that knowing he'd get over it. Probably. She'd just have to worry about it later.

"This is awkward," Eadlyn spoke, sitting up straight in his chair.​

j a c e
Jace snickered and sat down in Orion's empty seat. He watched as Orion made his way to an angry, scowling Jasper, and they began to talk in hushed whispers. He found this quite amusing, but at the same time, Jace hoped this wouldn't be even more detrimental to their relationship. The feud was bad enough as it was.

"If they kill each other, it's on you," he said, grinning up at Embry.​

E M B R Y
Embry chuckled."Don't tell anyone. It could ruin my career." Still, she could very much feel the weight of it on her shoulders. If things worsen between them because of this, it would be her fault for making it happen. She didn't now how the others felt about them talking, but she was nervous.

A sudden wave of nausea hit her and she raised her hand to cover her mouth."Oh." She breathed."What's everyone else getting?" As she asked this, she reached for a glass of water.

j a c e
Jace was the only one who noticed the sudden change in Embry's attitude. He leaned in and asked her, "Are you okay? Do you wanna go outside for a moment?"

"Jace." Jace turned and saw Ashley standing behind him. She was a timid girl and she looked very nervous. Jace had become somewhat of a mentor-slash-brother figure to her because he had helped her refine her drum skills. "Um, I need to leave."

"What's up?"

"My ... my dad's in the hospital. He was in a car accident."

"Shit." Jace stood up and grabbed his jacket. "We have to go," he told Embry, before pausing for a moment. "Come with?" he asked her, more quietly this time. He didn't want to leave her alone when she had annoyed her band members so much.​

E M B R Y
"I...okay." Embry rose from her seat. She didn't feel like continuing to just sit there with no one wanting to talk with her anymore. And she wasn' going to waste Ashley's and Jace's time by pondering over it for a while.

"Let's go." She only turned around once to utter an 'I'll see you later'.​