Battle of the Bands (MaryGold x lxngdon)

j a c e

Jace chuckled quite a few times as Embry scolded his little brother. He heard Riley make an embarrassed apology and Jace chuckled again. Riley deserved to be put in his place every now and then.

"Bye, baby," Jace crooned to his baby, who waved back with her closed fist. Jace said goodbye to his parents and brother and soon the call was ended. Jace missed Luna already.

He sighed, leaned back into the couch and pulled Embry into his lap. He rubbed his wife's thigh and kissed her on the cheek. He loved being on holiday with his beautiful bride but he still missed their daughter with an aching pain in his chest.

"I love you," he informed her. "And I love you even more after seeing you shut down my asshole brother."

E M B R Y
Embry snorted a laugh and combed her fingers through his dark hair, playing with the black strands calmly. At this point she was completely comfortable treating Riley the same as she did her own younger sibling. They were family now. And she loved all of those on his side the same she did those from her side.

"If I would have known that would win more of your affections, I would have done it ages ago."
She joked lightly and laid her head against his shoulder, breathing in his delectable scent from the crook of his neck. She smiled softly and rubbed his side. "I love you too."

She sighed lightly, closing her eyes and just took a moment to enjoy the feel of sitting in her husband's lap, having him in her eyes."Luna looked good. I can't wait to see her again. In person, I mean."

j a c e

The honeymoon was perfect. They did all the activities the island had to offer and just spent a lot of time cuddling and kissing. Jace couldn't have wished for a better honeymoon, nor a more perfect wife. Embry. Embry Lesecki.

But as perfect as the honeymoon was, Jace missed their baby like crazy so he was ecstatic to be coming home. They arrived at LAX, got into the car just outside the airport and were driven back to their home. Tanya and Terrence were waiting outside with their baby.

Luna.

Jace burst out of the car, took Embry's hand and ran with her up the steps to the porch and scooped their baby out of his mother's arms, a face of pure elation on his face as he reunited with their gorgeous little Luna.

"Hello, baby!" he crooned, kissing Luna repeatedly on the cheek. The baby shrieked in elation with a smile on her face. Tanya and Terrence both hugged Jace and Embry.

"Thanks so much," Jace said to his parents. They waved off his thanks and soon they were on their own way to the airport to go back to New York and to Riley.

Jace was seated on the couch with his baby in his arms, who was gurgling and gazing up at her mother. "We missed you, beautiful, we missed you so much."

Luna began to cry, and Jace immediately handed her to Embry so she could be fed. He was so happy.

E M B R Y
Embry happily took their daughter from the hands of her husband and was even happier to hold the baby in her arms to nurse her. Though, Luna was obviously just as happy to be nursing again, she was easily quieted when she was filling her small belly. While the baby fed, Embry leaned back in her seat, brushing back her daughter's short curls and holding her tiny hand.

She enjoyed her honeymoon immensely, every moment of it, but she was glad to be back home with her little family. Her husband and daughter. She could only have them and she'd still be the happiest person earth.

"I think she actually missed nursing more than me."
Embry joked lightly with a smile. She leaned over slightly to kiss her baby's cheek affectionately.

"I missed you, baby."
She whispered to the infant girl, but she was too busy feeding to respond in any way to her mother's touch.

j a c e

Three months had passed and Jace and Embry Lesecki were happier than ever. Luna Shae Lesecki was the most gorgeous little baby on the planet, and now that she was bigger, she was holding herself up by the elbows and also making cute gurgling noises when entertained. She was wonderful.

Now, Jace was driving Embry to the set of a shoot she was doing to advertise a rocker clothes label she had been asked to endorse. Jace was coming along for moral support and of course, they were bringing Luna, as the director had talked about including her in the shoot.

"You excited?" Jace asked Embry as he unbuckled his daughter and carried her into the studio. She looked odd adorable, dressed as a ballerina with her rocker parents and their piercings and tattoos.

E M B R Y
"Oh, absolutely. It's been a while since I've been a part of anything this big in the fashion world." It had been a while since she was in a shoot period, which made her a little nervous, but she didn't worry too much. She was mostly giddy about the while thing and happily accepted the request if taking part in it. Embry loved clothes, and she loved, loved shoes. Obviously, she was a chic dresser, looking in her closet said it all.

"Maybe I'll even get to sponsor some of the clothing next time we throw a concert."
She added, walking beside him and carrying both her purse and Luna's diaper bag in one hand.

Walking into the room where the shoot was to be held, she slowed her steps upon entering through the door way. The studio was clearly a bit busy with all everyone setting up the equipment, along with everything else for the shoot. Embry only kept her eye out for the director first, to greet him and find her place.

Instead of the director, she found the photographer for the shoot a little distance away, talking, or from where she stood it looked like flirting, with one of the models. It only took a her a split second to realize who it was. Then she started to debate if she really wanted to go through with it all.

j a c e

Jace followed Embry into the room and then followed her gaze to one of the other models who would be working on the shoot. His eyes widened and he instinctively hugged Luna closer to his body.

Alexa.

Jace found the guy running the shoots and asked him, "is this some kind of sick joke?"

"Sorry?"

"You've paired up my wife with my ex."

"Yes, we needed diversity and they both have the look we needed."

Jace wanted to argue with him but he didn't want Embry to lose this gig so he returned to his wife, sitting in hair and makeup.

"You'll be okay," he promised her, sitting Luna in her lap for comfort. The baby cuddled into her mother's chest.

E M B R Y
"Yeah, I'll have to be." Embry sighed, shrugging her shoulders, trying to brush it off with ease. She was supposed to be professional, so, she might as well act like it.

She smiled down at Luna, holding her close and securely. Carefully, she held her up some, so she could still look around, but her head still laid on her mother's shoulder. Embry kissed the side of her head.

"It's not just Alexa, though. The -"

She cut herself off when Alexa strolled in as gorgeous as ever. She sat down to have her hair and makeup done. At first, Embry was for sure she didn't notice the seeing how she didn't address them. That was nonsense, of course, there was only one chair between them.

"Well, she definitely has your eyes, huh?" Alexa crossed her legs and glanced at the Lesecki's, squinting her eyes at Luna. "I bet you were happy to see that." She murmured.

"What?"

"Nothing. That child's not going to disturb the shoot is she? With crying and such."

j a c e
The comment on Luna's parentage didn't go over Jace's head and his own eyes narrowed at the accusation she discreetly made against his wife. Of course, due to the Isaac fiasco of not to long ago it wasn't unreasonable to assume that Jace wasn't Luna's father -- to a public eye. Alexa knew things and therefore she had no right to believe those rumours.

Then, at her comment on Luna being a distraction, Jace had to hold the reins on himself to stop himself from acting inappropriately. He instinctively put his hand on Luna's little back as if to reassure his baby girl.

"She won't be making any noise, she's a quiet baby," Jace assured. He carefully took Luna back and carried her over to a soft couch against the wall, where he sat down and laid a blanket out on the floor for Luna so she could roll and play.

He gave Embry a thumbs-up. He'd be here for her no matter what.

E M B R Y
Embry smiled faintly st Jace, though, she was largely grateful as well as happy with his nearby presence in the room. It was comforting and reassuring. And she needed that feeling to settle over and hope it would drown out the feeling of distaste for the people she had to work with. Well, it was only two.

She moved to stand next to the terror who went by the name of Alexa as the stylists straightened out there outfits and hair, while the other workers put the finishing touches on the props. It was barely a minute before the photographer walked back inside the room from wherever he had been.

"We're all set, Mr. Monreau."

"Alright, just a moment." Erin Monreau made a beeline toward Embry and grabbed her hand.

"What are you - "

"It's not a part of the outfit." He told her, slipping her wedding from her finger and shoving it into his pocket. He offered a pleasant smile that would make any woman melt, but it only made Embry want to punch him in his perfect face. How many times had she been hurt and played by that smile? "I'll return it to you after today's shoot."

Instead of physically assaulting him, she forced herself to smile in return and watched move away before she could make any protests. And then the first half of the shoot began. Posing next to Alexa was admittedly awkward, but she somehow managed, just as she somehow made it through Erin being the photographer. She was only grateful only a select few people knew of their past relationship.

But soon they were on their ten minute break and afterward they'd be doing individual shots.

j a c e
Erin.

Jace just about exploded into a million pieces as he watched Erin take Embry's wedding ring and put it in his own pocket. He was about to get up and demand the ring from the photographer but the shoot had commenced so he needed to stay put or he would get kicked out. So, Jace just sat and concentrated on the little baby before him.

He didn't watch all that much of the shoot between Alexa and Embry since he didn't want to look at his bitch of an ex next to his wife. When the break was upon them, Jace waited for Embry to join them before kissing her on the cheek and handing Luna to her carefully.

"Isn't your mommy beautiful," Jace crooned to the baby, before giving Embry a meaningful look and standing up. He made his way over Erin and politely tapped him on the shoulder.

"I'll be getting my wife's wedding ring, please," he said in a tone that implied this was an order and not a request. He couldn't believe Erin had had the audacity to take it.

E M B R Y
Embry kissed Luna's cheek, giving her smile and only looking away from her baby to watch Jace make his way toward Erin. She grimaced slightly, keeping her eyes on them carefully as she held the baby in her hands, rocking her gently. Still, she hoped the photographer wasn't acting like the asshole he usually was.

Erin glanced at Jace, raising a brow at the singer. "I didn't know you were here, didn't see you." He looked away and to Embry and Luna, a smirk reached his face. "The whole family is, huh?"

"The last time we've seen each other was Halloween and now you have a baby and married Embry."
He made a face briefly before reaching into his pocket and pulling out the wedding ring, slipping it between his fingers before pressing it into Jace's hands.

"Was it a shotgun wedding because of the baby? I mean, I know Embry's father and frankly I can't see it happening any other way."

j a c e
Jace took the wedding ring and put it carefully in his own pocket since he knew Erin would just make Embry take it off if she put it back on before the shoot was over. He couldn't believe this man's audacity. Not only did he act like nothing was wrong, but he made rude accusations like it was his right.

"Actually, we got married after Luna was born," he said in a tight and forced polite tone. "And it wasn't rushed. It was quite enjoyable." He didn't like the face Erin had made.

"And, Mr Ashford approved the wedding because he knows I can take care of his daughter," Jace added, leaning in slightly to murmur to Erin.

"Unlike some people, who just made her feel shit every day throughout the course of their relationship."

E M B R Y
Erin scoffed lightly, glancing toward Embry who was playing quietly with Luna and back to Jace. "And you're saying all this like I should care. It's a thing of the past, clearly it hasn't affected her much or at all."

"She's a cute baby, Luna, right?" He smirked, lowering his voice so he could only be heard between the two of them. "Your firstborn, but not your first child technically speaking. Alexa told me, though, I don't know how much of her version of the story is true."

He patted Jace's arm in a "friendly" gesture, but, really just to mock him as he mad his way over to the other two, sitting down on the couch beside them. Embry groaned externally, looking at Jace and ignoring Erin. He was obviously only sitting beside them to annoy them. And it was working.​

j a c e
Jace wondered if he'd get arrested for ripping Erin's head off, then realised that would probably disappoint Embry and Luna so he neglected to do so. Still, he couldn't believe that Erin had the audacity to bring up Alexa's miscarriage like Jace had even fucking known about it. He wondered if Alexa knew Erin was throwing this information around like it was nothing, or if she'd get pissed if she learned.

His paternal instincts raging, Jace gently moved Embry over so he could fill the distance between herself and Erin. Luna gurgled and waved her small fists at her daddy. Jace chuckled and tickled his baby's belly.

"Jace!"

Jace looked up to see his little sister Hillary running across the floor and sitting down on the blanket with him. "Hey, Hill, I didn't see you."

"Because you're blind, silly." Hillary flicked Jace on the forehead and kissed Luna on the cheek. "Hey, Princess."

E M B R Y
"I'm here too." Embry waved with Luna, who couldn't seem to stop smiling. She was simply the sweetest baby. "Here for the shoot?" She inquired, glancing at Erin only once who was quietly sitting there on his cellphone.

It was a relief to see Hilary, because she was personally starting to hate most, if not everyone, she was working with. She also glad Alexa was taking her break away from them, though, she wished her ex would disappear from her sight. And Hilary was just wonderful.

"Luna might be in it." She grinned and covered the baby girl's face in kisses. Luna giggled shrieked in clear delight. Embry giggled softly, leaning back in her seat.​

Last edited:
j a c e
"Oh my God, Luna totally has to be in the shoot, she's the cutest baby in the world," Hillary gushed, tickling the baby's stomach playfully as Luna giggled in delight. Jace smiled as he watched his youngest sister interact with his daughter. Hillary wasn't the brightest spark of the bunch, and she was honestly a total airhead but she was a nice person and she had a good soul.

"Jace, you've totally ruined our lives," Hillary accused, shoving her brother playfully. "Mom has said to Bianca and I at least twice that she wants more grandkids."

"She could mean from me, Hill, calm down."

"No! She even gave Bianca the 'you're almost thirty' lecture." Hillary pouted. "I hate you."

Jace rolled his eyes. He knew their mother was just kidding -- his twin was under no pressure to have kids and neither was the younger Lesecki girl. Neither of them were even in relationships.

"Adopt a dog."

"I already have two."

"Oh my God, Embry, can we get a dog?" Jace begged his wife.

E M B R Y
"A dog?" Embry questioned, raising a brow. "What breed?"

She repositioned Luna in her as so that she was holding her up with only one arm. She used her free limb to dig in her diaper bag and pulled out a toy for her baby to play with which she happily took with her little fist. Embry smiled at her once more.

"If we get a dog I'm not cleaning up after it."
She declared, placing a hand over her chest. However, she was not against the idea of getting a pet and the canine creatures were cute. Well, some of them were anyway. And she had Nevers adopted a pet before, her parents had forbade it in their house.

"Small dog or a large dog? I might want a cat."

"I thought you hated dogs." Erin frowned a little.

"I was scared of dogs and that was years ago."
And really, if Jace wanted a dog she was completely open to it.

"Right. Break is over in five." He said before hopping up to get preparations ready for the next part of the shoot.

j a c e
With the absence of the suffocating presence that was Erin, Jace felt considerably better and he laid down on his stomach to play with his baby, who tried to move forward but fell clumsily on his shoulder. He chuckled and positioned the tiny female so she was laying on her stomach like her father. Luna smiled a toothless grin and Jace kissed her on the end of the nose.

"Maybe a husky, I'd like a husky," Jace mused. Luna offered him her toy and Jace put it on his head, where Luna grabbed it back. "Or one of those cute husky-golden retriever mixes, they're gorgeous."

"Oooh, you could bring your dog over to play with mine, they'd be friends!" Hillary gushed, just before one of the makeup artists called her over to sit down before the next shoot. Jace waved her off before looking back up at his lovely wife.

"We could get a puppy and a kitten at the same time," he suggested. "That way they wouldn't fight, because they've been raised together."

Jace loved that he was able to discuss things like this, things that would normally be considered planning for the future, with his wife and that they were able to carry out these plans. He felt so blessed to have this amazing woman in his life and to have their child with them every single day. Their child, who had rolled onto her back and seemed very fixated on one of the lights on the ceiling.

E M B R Y
Embry grinned, watching Luna and Jace. It always warmed her heart to great heights to watch them together, the two human beings who she loved the more than anyone and anything on the planet. Her happy and loving family that she could never stop loving. She would never have thought that she would get to this point in her life, but everything took the right turn when she first met Jace Lesecki, her husband.

She kissed his cheek tenderly, a butterfly kiss, a light brush and short.

"I think heard Siberian huskies are good with children."
She rubbed Luna's belly, enjoying every moment of her time with her daughter and husband before having to go back to work. "We should get a Himalayan or Maine Coon for a cat, their good with kids too."

Embry looked back to her daughter with an adoring look in her eyes, she kisses her cheek."You'll be friendly with them won't you baby?" She reached her hand out and let Luna wrap her tiny fingers around her one slender finger.

Last edited: