Battle of the Bands (MaryGold x lxngdon)

j a c e

Jace took Embry's hand at once, not even needing to consider it. He helped her up the steps and leaned down to give her a soft kiss to the cheek. "You look absolutely beautiful," he murmured into her ear. She always did, but today, she looked radiant. Like a goddess, an angel.

Jace pulled back and took her other hand, ignoring the little tears that were threatening to spill over as their officiant -- who was most definitely not a fucking priest -- began to the typical sappy speech.

"Today, friends and family of Jason and Embry are gathered here, in this hall, to celebrate the love and passion binding these two individuals together ..."

Soon it was time for Jace's vows, and he inhaled deeply as he looked intently into his bride's eyes.

"Embry Marceline Ashford," he began in a level voice. He didn't need a script because he had memorised everything he wanted to say.

"The day I met you was a good day, even before I spoke to you. I had won an award, a large one at that. But the moment I began to speak to you, my life, not just that day, improved more than I can say. Now, I can't imagine how I ever lived without you, without rolling over in the morning and seeing your beautiful face. Without singing with you, without rocking our baby daughter to sleep every night."

He gave a teary chuckle, wiping his tears away with the back of his hand without letting go of hers.

"I love you, Embry Ashford. I love you more than words or lyrics can describe, and today is easily the best day of my life, because you're becoming my wife, which is much more than I'll ever deserve from you."

E M B R Y
Embry blinked back tears of her own, but more came, threatening to fall. She was overwhelmed with great emotion, so much so, she wanted to cry, skip the steps and kiss him right then and there. Though she still had to say her vows, and she wanted to. To convey her feeling in words despite there not being enough words in any language to profess her feelings for him.

She breathed in shaky breath and willed herself not to cry. She could already hear her family choking up, distinctly her father and sister who were usually the last ones she knew to get emotional. But, it was a change in their life as well as her own.

Embry began, keeping her eyes on his and tightening her hold on his hands slightly. "Jason Roy Lesecki," His name rolled of her tongue beautifully, her voice full of nothing but love and affection.

"I love you, I love you, I love you. I'll love you until I die and if there's a life after that, I'll love you then too. And I knew that from the moment I met you. Something in the back of my heart and mind told me it was going to be you. And it is. I love you for who you were, who you are and who you're yet to become. Because I didn't only simply fall for you, I chose to love you. I would choose you again and again and again. Without doubt, without fear, in heartbeat I would choose you, anywhere and any time."

She sniffled, again trying to blink back her tears and swallowing the lump in her throat. A smile so soft and yet so brilliant crept onto her stunning face then. It may have been sappy, but it didn't make it any less true.

"If I could live my life over again, I wouldn't do one thing differently, because then I might have never met you and we wouldn't have had our beautiful girl and we wouldn't be standing here today. So, I am more than happy and honored to become your wife and you my husband."

j a c e
Jace listened to her beautiful speech and had to hold back even more tears. He could live a thousand human lifetimes and never deserve the angel that was Embry Marceline Ashford, but for some reason, here she was, marrying him even though she could do so much better.

"Now, it is time for the rings."

Jace turned to Jasper, who was patting his pockets in search for the rings. "I swear to God, Jasper, if you've forgotten them --"

"Here!" Jasper pulled the box with the two rings out of his pocket, to the laughter of the audience. Jace rolled his eyes and took the rings, slipping one onto Embry's finger.

Once Embry had put Jace's ring on his finger, the officiant announced, "And by the power invested in me, I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride."

Their family and friends stood up in excited applause as Jace cupped Embry's perfect face in his slender hands and kissed her, deeply and passionately. He was smiling. He was married.

Jace had never been happier in his entire life.

E M B R Y
Embry just as happy, put her arms around his waist and kissed him back with passion. tilting her head to the side slightly, deepening the kiss a bit more by standing on her toes. The kiss they were locked in, opening the new start to their lives, was the sweetest most beautiful kiss yet. And she knew it for a fact.

She was married. They were married. And that meant some things would change, but for the better. The only thing that would never change was their love and the incredible joyous feeling that filled her heart and soul.

Slowly, Embry pulled back and away from Jace, her husband, and took his hand, grinning sweetly. Honestly, she could kiss him again and again in that moment nonstop, but that wouldn't be appropriate or fun for everyone but them. So, she''d Dave that for later.

"Shall we descend?"
Embry whispered, her grin still plastered to her face

j a c e
This was easily the happiest he had ever been, and easily the best kiss he had ever shared with Embry. Embry. His wife. Embry Lesecki. His bride. This was the most wonderful, special, magical, perfect day of his life, and he was lucky he got to share it with her.

"Of course, my love," he breathed, taking her hand and descending down the steps with her.

Soon, they were in the huge Disneyland ballroom, which, in addition to its usual lavish decorations, contained about ten small, circular tables that the guests were lead to. The bridal table stood beneath the stage of the ballroom, set for the bride and groom, the best man and maid of honour, and the bride and groom's families. Jace and Embry sat in the middle, with Jasper directly beside Jace and Clarissa directly beside Embry.

Tanya was crying. "Oh, my baby's all grown up!" she sobbed, coming over to Jace and wrapping her arms around his shoulders. Terrence rubbed her back.

"Mom, please," Jace chuckled softly. "You've got three more kids to fuss over still."

As if on cue, Bianca brought over Luna and handed her to Embry.

E M B R Y
Embry chuckled warmly at Tanya's sobs as she took Luna into her hands, silently thanking Bianca. She hold her precious infant daughter close and kissed her the side of her head lovingly. "Hey, Bubba," She cooed, her voice thick with affection and happiness, she tickled her tummy gently with a single finger.

There was nothing that could stop her from grinning. She couldn't stop, not even if she tried and that was just fine with her. She only proceeded to smile more when Luna gave her soft little giggle in return, making her heart swell in her chest.

Tossing her curls over her shoulder, Embry looked back to her husband and mother-in-law. "And not to mention a grandchild too."She added to Jace's remark.

"You'll probably have plenty more later on too." Clarissa pitched in, laughing a little as she did. "Mom and papa will most likely try to keep me for as long as possible thanks to you Embry. You made papa cry. And he never cries."

Embry laughed some more at Clarissa's dramatisation, but it made her emotional again because it was true. But he was obviously teared up for the same reason Tanya was. Though watching him now, he seemed a bit more cheery.

"And I lost only sister today," The eighteen year old choked.

"No you didn't, you just gained a brother."
She bumped shoulders with her baby sister.​

j a c e
Jace practically melted at the adorable giggle from the precious little baby known to be their child. Luna Shae Lesecki. Jace, Embry and Luna Lesecki. The names rolled so smoothly that Jace knew they were meant to be from the moment Jace and Embry had met at the Tilbury's.

"Hello, sweetie," he crooned, leaning over to kiss his daughter on the soft forehead, then looking up and kissing his wife on the soft lips. His family. He loved them both more than any words in any language could ever describe.

Their dinner -- which consisted of a selection of very fancy meat and seafood as well as succulent, juicy vegetables -- was served with wine and champagne. A staff member brought over a crib-like piece of furniture to lay Luna down in while they ate. Jace tucked into his juicy pork and smiled.

He had never been happier in his entire life.

After dinner and cake, it was time for speeches, and as per custom, the bride's father was meant to go first. Jace was nervous, but he was excited, too. There was no way Richard could not approve now, he had given his daughter away.

Right?

E M B R Y
Embry held her husband's hand in her own and squeezed it light with a gentle smile as she watched her father rise from his seat. She could understand Jace's nervousness. And sadly, she couldn't exactly proofread it so there wasn't anything offensive towards Jace in it. All she knew was that her mother helped him.

So, it couldn't be brutal. She hoped.

Richard Ashford held his papers in his hands, fixing his glasses on his face and then paused. He set down his papers. Embry's stomach dropped.

He clinked his glass with a spoon, gathering the attention of all before starting his speech. "When Vanessa and I first learned we were going to have a little girl, I was ecstatic, eager and fearful. Fearful because throughout my entire life, I've never attracted children or people, truthfully. But Embry has been closest to me since the day she was born. The first person who she ever went to when happy, sad, angry, hurt or confused, it's always been me. And I took great pride in knowing I was the one person she depended on more than anyone else. The one person who had made her smile daily. Even when we were fighting, I knew I was the one that made her the happiest over every other man she had been with."

He paused and adopted a grave expression with a voice of doom."And then, she met Jace."

He received a round of laughter from the guest, who obviously thought he was joking, but Embry wasn't so sure that he was.

"My first impression of the young man wasn't the nicest. But he brought such a smile and radiance to my daughter that I had never seen before. And watching them plan this wedding I've only seen more and more how happy and loved he has made her. Even now. And I have no doubt he'll continue making her feel this way. That's all I could ever ask for. I know my daughter is an amazing young woman and she'll be an excellent wife and mother too. I know you too, Jace, will be a great husband and father. As for a son-in-law we'll have to see ... So, I hope you all will join me in raising a glass for an always loving and happy everlasting marriage for Jace and Embry Lesecki."

Embry choked on a tearful laugh and raised her glass, toasting with the rest. But as soon as that was over, she stood up from her seat to her father for a hug. She had willed herself not to cry all day, but now knowing her father was really okay with her marriage she couldn't hold back. And she couldn't be happier.​

Last edited:
j a c e
Jace clapped and toasted and cried along with everyone else. He was so elated at Richard's speech -- he now had Embry's father's approval, and that was more than Jace could ever have thought to ask for. He felt nothing but joy in this moment.

He stood up to shake Richard's hand and carefully lead Embry over back to her seat. Both of Jace's parents had stage fright so they had neglected to do speeches, and so Jasper was the only person from Jace's side of the table to stand up and make a speech. Jace grinned, knowing that this was going to be amusing.

"Ladies and gentleman, dogs and cats, and Cass and Evan," Jasper began. Cass and Evan booed. "A year and a half ago, if you had have told me that my best friend was marrying Embry-freaking-Ashford and I was the best man, I would have kindly asked you to take your black magic somewhere else and let me live a worry-free life in peace."

Laughter.

"Now, as everyone in this room knows, the history between Beautiful Pain and Insanity Not Sound isn't the cleanest and isn't the most peaceful. And as everyone should know, I was not the most civil in this battle of the bands, you could say. But ..."

Jasper licked his lips, smiled at Embry and looked down at Jace with a tender expression.

"Hey, she makes my best friend happy. So she's good in my books now. I wish the bride and groom a long and happy marriage."

Applause erupted and Jace stood up, pulling his best friend and best man into a tight hug.

E M B R Y
Embry grinned from ear to ear, applauding Jasper happily as she stood up herself to give the fellow guitarist a hug of her own after Jace, silently thanking him. The acceptance and welcomes from both Jace and her own side only continued to make her feel warm and joyous. This day didn't include their joining, but the joining of two families. It mean they'd have a mass amount of approval and support for their own family.

She sat back in her seat, kissing Jace on the cheek when he sat back down beside her.

Last up on her side to give a speech was her little sister, her maid of honor, Clarissa. The blonde ballerina, much like her father, gave a sweet and straightforward speech, but not offensive. It was humorous mainly because of her way of thinking and how she spoke her mind, but it still meant a lot to Embry.

"There comes a time in everyone's life when they meet that one person they know they'll love forever, their soulmate, their heart, their everything. And that moment came for Embry eighteen years ago when she met me." Clarissa smiled at her sister, chuckling slightly along with the rest of the crowd.

"The bride, Embry Lesecki, is my older sister. And we've been picking on each other since we were children, that means I tattled on her whenever I had a chance, and she'd roughhouse with me. But we fought hard because we loved hard. I love and look up to my big sister and I always will."

She smiled sweetly, "And Jace is, well everyone knows it, but he's cool and I so happy to have him as a brother now. Plus, he's rich."

She held Embry's hand after the laughing died down, "So, like everyone else in this room, I wish the best for them and their little family. And that includes my baby niece as well." She leaned over to kiss Embry's cheek and embrace her.

"Can we have cake now?" She asked, to which Embry only replied with a soft chuckle and roll of her eyes.

j a c e
"Yes, we can have cake now," Jace chuckled.

The reception was wonderful. Jace danced with Embry, Clarissa, his sisters, his mother, Embry's mother, Ashley and even cradled Luna in his arms as he turned around the dance floor with a huge smile on his face. Cass and Evan, who couldn't sing to save their lives, sang Death of a Bachelor in a tormented, miserable tone, to Jace and Jasper's laughter. Jace could not have asked for a better wedding.

Luna was staying with his parents while Jace and Embry went on their honeymoon. After a hard goodbye to their daughter, Jace took Embry's hand and lead her out to the limousine with the shoes attached to the bumper and the 'Just Married' banner across the back window. He waved goodbye to all their family and friends and slid into the car beside his wife.

Wife.

Jace could not have been happier.

He leaned in and kissed Embry, deeply and passionately, on her soft lips. "I love you," he whispered, passion in his tone. "I love you more than anything else in the world."

E M B R Y
No matter how many times he told her he loved her, the affect was always the same. Her heart skipped multiple beats and she was filled with a pleasurable warmth. She felt loved, she was loved and she did love him in return with a her heart.

"I love you too."
She replied softly, but intently with her lips against his.

Loving Jace was like breathing, how could she possibly stop?

The reception was absolutely wonderful and memorable. She had enjoyed every moment shared with their family and friends to the fullest. But being alone with Jace, now her husband, that was truly the highlight of it in the end for her. Because any moment with only her and Jace was the best.

Embry pressed her lips against his once more, kissing him just as fervently as he had her. She put her arms around his neck and pulled back once and kissed him again. "I love you so much." Words weren't enough to describe how much.

j a c e
Soon, Jace and Embry Lesecki landed in the airport at Hawaii. They had changed into casual clothes and were now being helped into a car that would take them to the resort they were staying at for the duration of their two-week honeymoon. Jace didn't like leaving his baby behind, but he knew Luna would be in good hands with his mother.

They had booked the honeymoon suite, which was huge. Jace carried Embry over the threshold, like all the husbands did in movies, and set his bride down just inside the door. The suite was mostly one large room, with a spacious, comfortable lounge, a king-sized canopy bed beside the window that opened to their private balcony, and a small, glossy kitchen area. The bathroom doors were open, and revealed a jacuzzi, a double shower and a marble sink.

It was wonderful, but the best part was that Jace was here with Embry. With his beautiful wife.

After the bellboy had set all their bags inside, Jace scooped Embry up in his arms and carried her over to their bed, where he sat down with his bride in his lap and rubbed her waist affectionately. He was so delighted.

"This is probably the best day of my life," he breathed, kissing her on the collarbone. "You're the best thing in my life."

E M B R Y
"And you mine." Embry kissed his cheek and then his jawline affectionately, her fingers holding his chin gently between them.

She kissed him once more, on his warm and smooth lips, deeply. Enjoying every feel of his lips against her own, including the cool feel of his lip ring. All of it was perfect, and it was meant to be, they were meant to be. They fit together like a jigsaw puzzle.

She slowly pulled back, sighing contently. And because she couldn't help herself, she kissed him once more, shortly but sweetly. She loved every moment of it. After pulling back, she smiled and drooped her hands, putting them around his waist.

"What do you want to do first, my love, my husband?" It was new and tasted differently in her mouth, the most beautiful thing somehow. And she found herself wanting to say it more and more.

Jace Lesecki, her husband.

Last edited:
j a c e
Husband.

The concept was new and foreign to Jace, but somehow, he loved it. It fit him perfectly in the context of Embry -- as he thought of himself as her husband, and she his wife, he felt like there was no other possibility. Like there was nothing else he could have ever been.

Sure, he had been in love with Alexa. And he had been in love with girls before Alexa. But Embry -- Embry was on another level, so much that she made whatever Jace had felt for those other women feel like stupid little schoolyard crushes with no real passion or feeling. How could he ever say he had loved them, when the epitome of love was sitting in his lap now?

Jace leaned in and kissed her lips, since he could never get enough of the taste of them, of the feel of her skin against his. She was perfect in every aspect of the word and Jace could have never asked for more.

"Well, the Bible says we're meant to consummate our marriage or we'll go to hell," Jace murmured against her skin, rubbing her slender thigh with his long pianist's hand and traveling his lips across her cheek and down her neck.

"But we both know how I feel about the Bible, so really, we can do whatever we like. And it's not like that ship hasn't sailed long ago."

E M B R Y
"I mean ..." Embry licked her lips lightly, her teeth biting down gently on the inside of her her bottom lip. Slowly thinking through the hypnosis that she was under because of Jace and his lips on her skin and hand against her bare thigh. She briefly closed her eyes. "Hello, Luna." She finished with soft chuckle.

Luna. Luna Shae Lesecki. Their precious one month year old baby girl whom they left with Jace's mother. Who Embry had almost called instantly when they landed, to just check on the baby. But, she had not and tried not to worry. Tanya was a mother of four and had a ton more experience and knowledge of children than Embry did.

So, she pushed that concern out of her mind and focused on what was on what in front of her, her husband.

She repositioned herself so that she was straddling his hips with her knees, sitting on his lap still. She placed her hand on the back of his neck, the other on his chest and pecked him on the lips softly. Slowly, Embry pushed him back so he was laying flat on the bed.

"Well, Bible or not,"
She rolled her eyes and then smiled gently, lowering herself so that she was hovering over him. "I'm all healed now, so ..." Leaning in she kissed his lips to his jawline.

j a c e
Jace grinned and explored her curves with his hands, running them over the body that belonged to the soul he loved, the soul he had the privilege to call his wife's. She had never been more beautiful than in this moment, she had never been more perfect than now, when Jace and Embry were one and the same.

"In that case ..." he murmured, grinning as he rolled over so he was kneeling between her knees. He leaned forward, peppered the side of her face with kisses and slowly pulled her top over her head.

She was beautiful. She had always been beautiful, but now more than ever, and Jace was enveloped in nothing but bliss and passion as he tried to express his love for Embry Lesecki in a physical manner. Of course, he would never be able to convey the whole of his love for her into anything physical, but he was left in bliss by the time he rolled over and his head hit the pillow.

"I love you," he informed her as if this were a new thing as he put an arm around her bare waist and pulled her close to him. The hot Hawaii climate made them even sweatier than usual.

E M B R Y
Embry leveled her breathing slowly and softly as he pulled her close. A tender half smile came to her face as she affectionately brushed his dark, damp hair strands away from his face and then did the same for her own longer blonde locks. Her fingers lightly trailed up his tattooed arm and rested themselves over his shoulder, her entire hand did.

'I love you'. He didn't have to sing it, arrange it with any music, it didn't have to be put in a song. Saying like that, in it's most potent for, whenever and wherever made it a hundred times better. It wasn't like it was music to her ears, no, it was on a higher level than that. It was the most beautiful sound anything on this world could produce.

"I love you too."
She answered him sweetly, leaning in to kiss him briefly, but just as meaningfully. She only pulled back slightly to look him in the face and snuggle against him."I've never love anyone as much as I love you and I never will."

j a c e
"I love you more than I love music," Jace murmured. He didn't need music, he had Embry Lesecki, who was more than what he ever could have asked for.

He ordered room service the next morning, since they were on their honeymoon and he didn't want either of them to do any form of work. After throwing on some shorts and making sure Embry was securely hidden under the sheets, he opened the door for the waiter, who set out the full breakfast spread on the table. Only when he had left did Jace wake his bride up.

"I ordered breakfast for us," Jace murmured, gently shaking her awake and handing her a light, thin dress that wouldn't make her overheat in this sweltering tropical weather. He kissed her on the forehead and rubbed her shoulder affectionately, thankful to be here with the most important person in his life.

Soon they were eating, Jace chewing on some crispy bacon as he perused the itinerary the hotel had offered to them.

"We could go snorkeling," he mused. "Or hang-gliding, maybe. Ooh, there's even a skydiving option."

E M B R Y
"All that sounds great." Embry thought aloud, eating from the small bowl of fruit salad in front of her. She pursed her lips carefully weighing their options and considering which she'd find more enjoyable along with him. "I'd like to go snorkeling for sure." She answered, pushing the fried eggs around on her plate and eating slowly.

A smile crept on her face as she went on. "I at least have to do that before plummeting from an insane height. I don't think I'm quite mentally prepared for the other two yet." She chuckled softly, but totally and utterly serious. Still, she wasn't crossing the idea out, you had to try new and daring things every once in a while. And who knew when they'd have another chance especially as patents now.

"Ooh, what about zip lining?"
Embry perked up in her seat slightly. Technically, with that activity they'd still be attached or closer to the ground.