Battle of the Bands (MaryGold x lxngdon)

j a c e
"Feel free to do so. I have about sixteen pairs of sweats that look just like that."

Jace turned to his side so he was facing her. Her blonde hair was splayed out over the pillow; he busied himself by playing with it, twisting the little curls around his fingers. "You have gorgeous hair," he told her. "Well, you're gorgeous in general, but your hair is lovely."

Jace found himself very attracted to Embry but he wasn't showing it. He didn't want to weird her out.​

E M B R Y
Embry turned her face to the side and watched him attentively. "Thanks, I've always tried to take care of it since I was young. Guess it paid off." She mumbled. It was her one pride, besides her voice of course. Never once had she cut her hair short, trimmed it but that was about it.

"It's nothing compared to your eyes." She pointed out, smiling a little."They're killer, so much better from up close. Bright, piercing, and you can only be born with that."

j a c e
Jace smiled. Sure, he received a lot of compliments from his fans and the press and it was no secret that he was attractive, but it was nice to be complimented by someone who he truly knew, in real life. His sisters were too vain to compliment anyone but themselves, and his mother didn't count.

"Thank you, Embry," he said softly, still playing with her hair. "I mean it though. You're absolutely beautiful." And he truly did mean it, because it was true. "I'm not trying to hook up with you, by the way. I'm not a total fuckboy."

E M B R Y
"Not a total fuckboy, huh?" Embry snorted, somewhat amused. Yet, she continued to speak profoundly on the subject."I know you're not. Otherwise, I wouldn't have agreed to eat ice cream with you yesterday."

She turned over onto her side and stared straight at Jace."I usually have an insight about these things." She hesitated before continuing. "If you asked me out ... I'd say yes."

And she definitely would. Not because he was an famous singer. But because she liked him. He was funny and he made her laugh constantly. Obviously, she found him attractive. His body, voice and his music. She wanted to get to know him better, learn all about him, the public and private things. The only problem would be their bandmates. And that only problem was a big issue not to be lightly handled.

Embry bit the inside of her cheek and shut her eyes, pretending to drift off to sleep.

j a c e
He could ask her out and she would say yes. He wanted to. He wanted to do it now, but she was falling asleep, so he decided to leave it until the morning. "Goodnight, Embry." He rolled to his other side and soon dropped off to sleep.

He woke up and nine in the morning and slid out of bed, making his way to the kitchen. He cast a look at the sleeping Embry as he left the room. His hair was a mess and his clothes were rumpled but he was too tired and lazy to care. Once he reached the kitchen he started pulling the ingredients for chocolate chip pancakes out of the cupboard.​

E M B R Y
Embry woke up, at the utmost, fifteen minutes after Jace. At first, she planned on going straight back to sleep, she had no real work to do today and it was only only around nine. She deserved tweny more minutes of beauty sleep.

Despite that mind set, she quickly came to remember this wasn't her room and that she wasn't at home. So, she got up, rubbed the grogginess from her eyes and went to find Jace. Her short search led her to the kitchen.

"You can cook?"

j a c e
Jace looked up as a tired Embry walked into the kitchen. "Oh, good, you're up, breakfast is ready." He set a plate of chocolate-chip pancakes in front of her with a glass of milk. "And, yeah, I can cook. Quite well, actually. I may have to treat you to a splendid dinner one evening."

Well, it was now or never. He sat down at the bench with his own pancakes before looking at her. "I don't know whether you meant it in your tired state, but in case you forgot, last night you said you'd say yes if I asked you out." He looked away bashfully, sipping his milk before he continued. "I would like to take you up on that offer, if you don't mind."

E M B R Y
Embry took a seat at the table and just picked up her fork when he said so."Really?" Sleepy state or not, she was fully aware of what she was saying. And she wasn't that somnolent last night, he fell asleep way before she did. She had faked most of her tiredness.

"In truth, I didn't know if you'd do it." A small smile played on her lips. "Okay. Yeah, I did say I'd say yes."

j a c e
Jace smiled. He was so happy. She had said yes to him. He would worry about the press later.

"Awesome," he said gleefully, leaning over and kissing her on the cheek. "I have no idea when or wear I'm taking you, but I'll let you now when I figure it it. For now, we have to deal with a more important issue. Opening Twitter."

Jace knew that he was fucked. His mentions would be filled of fans asking him for clarification and the press would probably be lusting over the chance to write an article about him and Embry. Not to mention the texts he would have from Jasper.

E M B R Y
"Oh, yes. How could I forget?" Just opening her phone would be a problem. Isaac had texted her before she even left, so he'd be pissed. Orion would be pissed, no brainer. And Eadlyn would simply be curious as to what was going on. And then there was her mother, for some reason the woman had to know about everything going on in her life

Embry dug into her plate of chocolate pancakes. Pure bliss."Let's check 'em all out on your phone. I'm in a pleasant mood at the moment so hopefully, it'll last through it all."

j a c e
"Alright. RIP us."

Jace opened Twitter and frowned. "Okay. So far I have counted five different Buzzfeed articles on us, including our new ship name -- which is Jembry, by the way. Six articles from a bunch of other people, including TMZ. Shouldn't they be hijacking the American Horror Story set? Oh, and just about everyone on the planet has bombarded our mentions for answers."

Jace checked his text messages, too. "Jasper is absolutely livid, Evan's just warning me about Jasper killing me, and Ashley is confused."

E M B R Y
"Yeah, that sounds about right." Embry set down her fork and nodded gravely."You know, I like to think that we did Jasper a favor all things considered." It would have made thier fans leave him alone. They would not only be too busy flocking toward thier new targets,Jace and Embry, but they would probably forget about the whole thing long enough.

"And Jembry?" She laughed."Already? I won't lie it, does have a nice ring to it."

j a c e
Jace nodded in agreement. "I like Jembry. It's much better than Eace."

Jace's phone rang. It was Jasper.

"Hello, Jasper, how can I help you."

"YOU CAN FUCKING START BY EXPLAINING YOURSELF!"

Jace held the phone away from his ear as Jasper berated him. "THE FUCK YOU THINK YOU'RE PLAYING AT? GOING TO THAT PREMIERE WITH EMBRY GODDAMN ASHFORD? YOU DO REALISE SHE'S FROM INSANITY NOT GODDAMN SOUND, RIGHT?"

Jace rolled his eyes at Embry as Jasper continued to yell. After a few more minutes Jace hung up.

E M B R Y
"That went swell," Embry commented. It was literally impossible for her not to overhear the conversation or to be precise Jasper's screaming into the phone. She had to wince once when he started yelling. She knew he said livid,but she had no idea he'd be that furious."It can't be healthy to be that angry in the morning." The whole thing must have bothered him the whole night.

She bit into the corner of her bottom lip."You'll have to call him back,hopefully when he's not as irritated." That was putting it lightly since she doubted he would be calm at all.​

j a c e
Jace sighed. "He'll be angry until, like, 2056, but I'll wait a bit until I call him back. As a singer, hearing is quite a valuable sense. I'd like to keep mine."

Jace left the room and came back fully dressed. "You should probably go assure your own band members are still alive," he told her, pulling a can of Coke out of the fridge. "I don't want what's-his-name to kill me. Isaac, is it? The one you dated?"

E M B R Y
"Yes, Isaac. That would be him." Embry rose up to her feet and stalked away into the living room where she left her phone the other night. She picked up her clutch and pulled out the rectangular device.

"Let there be light." She mumbled as she cut it back on. There was a hundred notifications of text messages, not all from on person, thankfully. Just as she thought, they came from each one of her bandmates, her mother, and even her little sister.

She scrolled through the messages grimacing but refused to listen to any voice messages from the long list of calls. She simply sent out a text to reassure them, and refused any calls, knowing that the conversation would go sour.​

Last edited:
j a c e
Jace frowned as she read her texts. What had he done?

"I didn't get you into too much trouble, did I?" he asked her, concerned. He had suggested she go with him and now they were both suffering because of it.

He didn't regret it, though. Not at all. And this wasn't going to stop him from dating her until she rejected him.

E M B R Y
"Nothing big." Embry assured him."The only people who are really upset is Isaac and Orion. I can cool them off." It would take a while to do so, they were probably fuming because she neglected to answer them directly. But she could and would calm them down. Or else they would probably do something reckless.

"The whole date thing should be kept between the two of us for a while." She added with a sigh. That factor would only worsen things. Although she didn't truly want to hide it. She was too giddy and elated about by it and wanted to share it with her close friends, but that would not work out so well. The only other person she could think to tell was her sister, but then she'd tell their mother and then more problems would arise.

Embry pouted sadly."I don't really want to go, but I think I should for now."

j a c e
"I don't want you to go anywhere, either, but to be honest, I have work. I'm filming the LA Devotee music video today." Jace beamed at the mention of the video. The ideas he had come up with for this video were ... out there, but he felt people would enjoy them anyway.

"I managed to get Will from Stranger Things in the video." Jace stood up and walked to Embry, leaning in and kissing her on the cheek. "D'you want me to take you home?"

E M B R Y
"No, that's okay. I can get back on my own.You just focus on work." It was impossible for her not smile when he was beaming like that. The simple action lifted her spirits."I can't wait to see the music video when it's done."

"In the meantime, I'll get changed and go." She held out her cellphone towards him."I don't think I have your information yet."