Battle of the Bands (MaryGold x lxngdon)

j a c e
Jace nestled into place beside Embry, one arm casually draped over her shoulders as he rocked Luna's rocker with his foot. This felt right -- curled up with his soon-to-be wife and their beautiful daughter, alone. Complete and utter peace.

"Your parents are nice, too, you know, when you forget they despise me." It was a dramatisation and he rolled his eyes to let her know he was very much joking. He could understand Richard Ashford's apprehensiveness towards his daughter's fiance -- or, more specifically, his daughter's tattooed, extroverted, rock star fiance.

"I'm joking. I like them. And I'm sure they'll like me a bit more when they meet this little angel." Jace leaned forward to tickle Luna's stomach and the baby made a very small giggle.

"My mother might actually die of excitement. Oh, and my sisters might be coming in tomorrow."

E M B R Y
"Well, I do hope so," Embry mumbled, watching Luna's tiny giggle with a smile of her own.

She wanted her father to put her hand in Jace's, not take it away. He was such a cold block of ice sometimes she was sure that he hated her on occasions too. Of course, she knew that was far from true, but it didn't stop her from feeling that way. She hoped Luna would soften him up to the idea of them.

"Bianca and Hilary? Okay, I don't mind at all,"
She pulled her legs up and onto the couch and snuggled against him. Oh, it was good to be home.

"It's been a little while since I've last seen them."

j a c e
Jace licked his lips and kissed Embry on the top of her head. He watched as the rocking movements slowly lowered Luna's thin eyelids, and the baby quickly drifted off to sleep, snoring very slightly. She was so adorable that Jace could feel his heart melt inside his chest.

"I texted them this morning, they're excited to meet their niece." Jace was happy that his family, at least, seemed ecstatic to be welcoming a new little member. Jace was forever grateful for his parents and siblings accepting Embry in a way that her parents had not accepted him.

"I love you," he reminded Embry gently, rubbing her back and kissing her on the cheek, and then the lips. Sitting here, in his home, with his fiancee and his baby was complete and utter bliss, and Jace didn't know what could have felt better.

He didn't know what he had done to deserve Embry Ashford, but Jace was forever grateful for the beautiful soul that was his perfect wife.

"I'll be back in a moment, I'll put the little one to bed." Jace rose to his feet and scooped Luna up in his arms, carrying her up to the nursery, which was beautiful with the additions of Starry Night on the ceiling and the butterflies on the walls. Jace laid her down in her crib, then decided to run them a bath, since he was guessing she'd be very sore.

"How're you feeling?" he asked as he carried her up to their bedroom and found a bathing suit for her in her drawers.

E M B R Y
"Honestly, I've had better days," Embry curled her toes and smiled softly at her love despite whatever discomfort and pain she was feeling.

She knew her mother had told her not to move around a lot and stay seated, but she didn't think she would physically have to. Maybe she was only feeling this way because her tolerance for pain was at an all time low. She would tear up over paper cuts, so she tried to shake off the soreness seeping on into her bones and down below.

But she had been fairly distracted from it all because of Jace and their beautiful baby. Oh, and the chocolate ice cream, it was a very soothing remedy.

"I'll feel better after the bath and a goodnight sleep."
She assured him with a light sigh. But she meant what she said.

"We should probably give Luna a sponge bath tomorrow too."
She thought a loud, massaging her wrist gently.

j a c e
"Well, I mean, you did push a six-pound baby out of your vagina, so I'd be surprised if you said you were alright."

Jace was being overly pedantic, therefore he helped Embry into her bathing suit, carried her to the bathroom, gently settled her down in the jacuzzi, dashed downstairs and brought back up two Cokes and a plate of assorted chocolates Jasper had given her, ran back to their room, took off everything but his boxers and even added vanilla bath salts before lowering himself down into the hot water.

"I could be a midwife," he mused jokingly, lighting a rose-scented candle that sat on the edge of the jacuzzi.

"The real midwives said you'd be able to walk a little tomorrow but I think you should give it a couple of extra days, just in case." Jace didn't want her to trip over anything or fall down the stairs or topple into a fire or anything. No, her parents would kill her.

"I love you," he said, out of the blue, gazing at his fiancee with absolutely nothing but adoration and pride in his sparkly blue eyes. She was so amazing. So precious, so beautiful, so perfect, it was hard to believe that she was real. But, no, she was, and she had done Jace the absolute honour of carrying his child into the world.

Jace leaned over and kissed her on the lips. "I love you so much. You're so beautiful and I'm so proud to be able to call myself your fiance. The father of your child. Our child."

He smiled cheekily. "And I'm really glad Jasper fucked over your band at the Tilbury's, or we never would have met."

E M B R Y
Embry chuckled softly and grinning a genuinely joyous grin. She scooted herself over to be seated beside him and kissed his shoulder seeing how she would have to stand or rise a bit to kiss cheek. It didn't bother her, though, nothing really did or could right now. She was happy. She had never been so happy in her entirety of living before.

Honestly, each new day spent with her fiance, her love, her Jace was always her happiest day, beating the last one before. It didn't what they did as long as if they were together, him just being there was enough to make her grin through the whole day.

"Yeah, if I hadn't wanted to punch everyone in your band so much I wouldn't have given you a second look except to shamelessly check you out."
She shrugged her shoulders teasingly and popped a chocolate in her mouth. It was pure and utter bliss sitting on the hot tub that soothed her sores, next to Jace and eating chocolates.

"I love you, too."
She nuzzled her head against his shoulder and kissed him once more."It's strange to think back on the times you weren't in my life."

Back when they're bands were at each other's throat and even before then. Jace and now little Luna were her pride and joy and her life. It was so strange to think that she could have lived without them.

"If I hadn't met you I would've died an old maid."

j a c e
Jace gazed upon his beautiful bride-to-be and wondered many things. How he had ever lived without her and their baby girl. What he had done to deserve such a perfect human being. How anyone could have ever messed up badly enough to have lost her. How her exes could have been so cruel and horrible to her -- though, that was probably due to the fact that they weren't smart enough to realise what they had.

"You would not have died an old maid," Jace said, gently but firmly. He pulled her tiny body into his lap and laced his arms around her waist protectively, as if he could rid her of those toxic and just blatantly incorrect thoughts.

"You would have found someone else," he insisted. "Granted, no one would ever deserve you, but you have suitors lining up around the block for you."

That was true -- he'd seen her Twitter.

"You're perfect. There's no way you wouldn't have found someone else."

The idea of Embry being with anyone but him made Jace very sad to think about it, but he pushed those thoughts out of his mind and concentrating on rubbing her back in a soothing manner.

E M B R Y
"I don't know." Embry laid her head against his chest, closing her eyes briefly. She didn't like to think about it, she could hardly imagine it. Herself with someone else that wasn't Jace, it would mean their song would have never been made nor would their precious Luna.

It was enough to make her shiver. Maybe she would have found someone else, but she would never have come to love them like she did Jace and she would never love in anyone else in the future like him either. He was her soulmate, her one and only, her true love. And she hadn't completely and wholly believed in those things until she met Jace. She wouldn't change a thing in the world.

And soon they'd be saying their vows, promising to stay with one another through sickness and health. Through anything and everything. She suddenly could hardly wait.

"I'll always love you more." She wrapped her arms around his waist tightly.

"I would literally call Jasper right now and thank him from the very bottom of my heart if it wasn't so late." She chuckled softly, reopening her eyes and looking up at him.

"He has also gave us quite an entertaining love story to tell our children if they ever ask." She kissed his chin affectionately and chuckled some more.

j a c e
Children. Plural. Implying that they'd have more kids. Even though their firstborn was only a day old, Jace smiled at the idea of having more children with the love of his life. He had always adored children and had always wanted a small army of them with the woman he loved.

"I'd love to tell them the tale," he mused, tilting her head back to give her a kiss to the lips.

Even though they had been through a lot of crap, due to their bands' feud and Alexa and Erin and everything else, Jace wouldn't change a thing, because their experiences had shaped their relationship and shaped what they were now. A loving couple, with a perfect baby and a dream life.

"I was thinking," murmured the singer, leaning back against the back of the bath and rubbing the small of his fiancee's back soothingly. "Should we post a picture of Luna to Instagram or something?"

Jace was reluctant to shove his baby into the limelight, but at the same time, he was so in love with her that he wanted to share her beauty and perfection with the world, as if to say look at this, look at this bubba I created. But he would not do anything without Embry's permission.

"Just one. It wouldn't hurt, I don't think."

E M B R Y
Embry bit her bottom lip thoughtfully, seriously considering it. She had only officially became a mother a day ago, but she had been protective of Luna since she learned of her pregnancy. Her maternal instincts only increased when the beautiful child was born and placed in her eyes. And, though, it was her first child, her motherly instincts didn't feel foreign at all. It was natural.

"Well,"
She started, glancing his way and tilting her head to the side a bit."I suppose not."

She nodded her head. Pictures of Luna would eventually be taken once they went out with her down the line. And one little picture wouldn't hurt. She was sure their fans would want to see the new addition to their family too. Luna was so wonderful it would only make sense that only positive things would be said about their newborn.

"But just one picture."
She shrugged, because she didn't want to completely throw their daughter out there."So, make sure you take a good one."

j a c e
Jace nodded. As much as he wanted to go around Los Angeles and plaster Luna's image proudly to every wall of every building, he wanted to protect her and keep her from harm as much as possible. Even though his daughter was only a day old, Jace's fatherly instincts were going strong and he'd probably beat up anyone who even looked at her the wrong way.

"Of course. Just one." One was enough.

"I already have it planned out, anyway," he told Embry. The water was getting cold, so he got out and carefully lifted Embry out, setting her down on the side of the tub. He took a towel out of the towel warmer, wrapped her up in it and carried her out to their bedroom.

"You and me, laying on the bed with Luna between us. I'm kissing one cheek, you're kissing the other. And, of course, black and white, to stick with my Instagram aesthetic."

Jace chuckled and sat Embry down on the end of the bed.

E M B R Y
"Well, that sounds lovely." Embry smiled pleasantly.

And as lovely as that was, the passing week felt just as lovely. Of course, adjusting to their little new household member was different, but it was a pleasant different. Being new to the whole parenthood business also had its ups and down. Luna often cried in the middle of the night and Embry would by lying if she said she went to the baby each time. No, Luna's father could fetch her and see to her needs just as much as her mother.

Honestly, she already felt their child was taking after Jace some personality wise regardless of being a newborn. Luna Shae Lesecki needed attention and loved to be held and played with when she was awake. And Embry had no qualms in giving the affections and attention to her daughter. She adored her with every bit of her heart.

Finally, Luna was going to meet her grandparents on both sides. By now they were already in LA and though Embry had offered to pick her own parents up, which would really be Jace because she was incapable of driving, they refused having already rented a car to use. And she knew they would reach the house any minute now and she made sure to have all things when they arrived as well as for Tanya and Terrence.

So, she readied herself and Luna too. She had only finished feeding the baby girl before dressing her in a pink onsie and a matching hat. With her being well-rested, fed and clean, she was active and awake. And once Embry heard the ringing of the door, she delicately scooped Luna into her arms and off the bed before making her way to the living room.

She set Luna down in her rocker, who made noises of complaints, but she went on to answer the door. Truth be told, she was feeling good enough to walk about the house for necessities. Though, she tried not to over do it knowing that she could hurt herself and never hear the end of it from her mother. But when she answered the door to the Ashford couple she was greeted by embraces and kisses.

"Hey, mom and papa."
She grinned, allowing them both inside."Welcome to our humble abode."

j a c e
The first week of parenthood had been ... interesting, to say the least. Jace loved some parts of it. He loved spending time with his fiancee and his baby, seeing Luna giggle and feed and meet all of their friends and family who had come to visit. Most of the comments on the single Instagram post had been positive -- Jace was delighted to see that his and Embry's fans were just as smitten and enchanted by their baby as they were.

But, like with every good thing, there were some downsides, too. Such as getting out of bed at three a.m. to tend to the infant. But Jace didn't mind that, he didn't mind getting up and sparing Embry the effort of going to the nursery. He could bottle-feed the baby. Another downside was that they barely had time to work on their music anymore. Luna occupied their every moment. But, again, their daughter was so much more important than their career so Jace didn't mind.

Now, Luna was going to meet her grandparents and aunt and uncle. She had already met Bianca and Hillary, and Jace's twin and little sister had adored the baby just as much as Jace had himself. He knew his own parents would adore their first grandchild and he felt confident with Embry's sister.

Riley was a bit of neutral territory -- Jace knew his brother disliked children, but this was his niece, he had to like her. And he was anxious about Embry's parents.

He jumped up to go to the door with his fiancee and smiled at the both of them and Clarissa. "Mr and Mrs Ashford, it's nice to see you again," he said politely, shaking Richard's hand and dropping a small kiss to Vanessa's cheek. "Hey, Clarissa," he said, also kissing her cheek.

Then a car drove up and out stepped Tanya and Terrence Lesecki, with Riley behind them. "Mom! Dad!" Jace called out in happiness, giving his own parents the same greeting as the Ashfords' and punching his brother on the shoulder.

"Mom, Dad, these is Embry's parents, Vanessa and Richard Ashford, and her sister Clarissa," said Jace, introducing his parents to his future parents-in-law. "This is my mother, Tanya and my father Terrence, and my baby brother Riley."

"I'm not a baby."

"Shut up, you're not even twenty," Jace snickered, clearly joking.

E M B R Y
Embry smiled, happy to see Jace's parents and little brother again too. And she was just as happy when her parents politely greeted the other couple. She hoped it would stay that way with Jace as well.

"It is a pleasure to meet you all." Vanessa smiled softly, coming to shake their hands in a proper greeting along with her husband.

Of course, Richard didn't say much and preferred to let his wife do most of the talking. He was a quiet man in general, making it hard to tell what he was thinking. Though, he had a tiny smile on his face.

"Oh, wow. You mostly take after your mother in the face department, huh, Jace?" Clarissa remarked as her first words to both parties, smiling excitedly. "Well, that explains his extraordinarily pretty looks."

"Knocking two birds with one stone, are we?"
Embry rolled her eyes, but was grinning.

"Can't I be honest?" She hooked arms with her elder sister "Now, where is the baby? I didn't honestly come for you, Bree. And neither you, Jace. Sorry, don't be sad, though."

j a c e
"My heart weeps, Clarissa."

Jace rolled his eyes and lead the group into the living room, where they had set out drinks of lemonade and fancy chocolates for their guests. Luna laid down in her rocker, dressed in the cute little outfit Embry had chosen for her, and was looking up at the cluster of people with a curious expression in her wide blue eyes.

"Oh my Lord, Jacey, she's beautiful," whispered Tanya.

Jace beamed, clearly very proud of his daughter. He lifted her out of the rocker and handed her to Embry so she could decide who would get to hold the little angel first.

"Everyone, this is Luna Shae Lesecki," Jace murmured. Tanya and Terrence were transfixed by their granddaughter and even Riley looked a little smitten by the precious creature.

E M B R Y
Embry smiled softly and kissed the side of little Luna's head affectionately. She couldn't quite read her father's face, as usual. He looked apathetic, with just a slight hint of interest. But Clarissa was so clearly captivated as was her mother. It made her proud as well as joyous to know they are all just as enchanted with her as she and Jace were.

"She's absolutely adorable." Clarissa remarked, tickling the infant's stomach lightly.

"She's only a week and two days old."
She told the party as a matter of fact and guided them all to sit around the coffee table where their snacks and beverages lied.

Once they were all sitting, she handed Luna off to her father sitting beside her. Obviously, he was taken by surprised, but he was sure to hold her attentively. He pushed his glasses up from falling off his nose with a free hand and looked to Embry.

"She's rather small, are you sure there were no problems?"

"Papa, babies are small. And she's perfectly healthy."

"Oh, don't mind him. He hasn't held a child in years and he's naturally a worrier." Vanessa stroked Luna's cheek gently from his other side with a smile.

j a c e
Jace was delighted to see how captivated everyone was by his daughter -- their daughter, his and Embry's. He draped an arm around her shoulders and gazed upon his baby affectionately. She was the most precious creature on the face of the planet and no one could change Jace's mind.

His mother, her eyes on Luna, began to ask them questions. "How much did she weigh?"

"Six and a half pounds."

"How's she been at night?"

"Noisy."

"Do you bottle or breastfeed her?"

"I get up at night half the time and bottlefeed her when Embry's sleeping."

"When is your wedding?"

That question caught Jace by surprise and he looked down at Embry with surprise. No one had mentioned their wedding in months, so this was quite unexpected.

E M B R Y
Embry had in no way forgotten about their wedding. But with Luna in her womb at the time, her thoughts and time were consumed by the child. Even now, when Luna was born it seemed to be even more and it was mostly the same for others.

She hadn't thought of the wedding plans.

"I don't know,"
Embry answered honestly, "I haven't thought of a date yet."

"Well, you should pick a date as soon as possible. You need to book so many things as early as you can otherwise it'll be difficult. And that includes your honeymoon too."

"Of course."

"Do you at least know where your having it?"

"Here, in California, I would think."

j a c e
Their wedding had lingered in the back of Jace's mind for the past couple of months, but he had been so preoccupied with Luna, he had not given it all that much thought. Though, now that his daughter and Embry were relatively settled, he was excited to plan the next chapter in their lives.

"Yeah, we'll probably have it here, then go somewhere nice for the honeymoon," Jace murmured.

"Can we take care of her while you're gone?" Tanya asked softly, gazing at Luna with complete and utter adoration.

"Ah, you might have to battle Vanessa and Richard to the death over that particular role." Jace smiled, clearly joking. "And Jasper and Eadlyn, they adore her. And Bianca and Hillary. I think their maternal instincts are kicking in, you might get more grandkids soon."

"Wonderful!"

"No." Terrence scowled and Jace chuckled. He clearly had similar opinions on his daughters getting pregnant to Richard Ashford.

E M B R Y
Embry snickered and took Luna back in her arms before passing her to her grandmother, Tanya. She looked as if she wanted to hold her for the longest and she wasn't going to make her wait any more than she had to.

"If I'm to be honest, I don't trust Jasper or Eadlyn too much. I love them, but who knows what could go wrong. She's still only a newborn." Embry shivered at the horrid possibilities. The two men just didn't have enough experience in her mind.

"Oh boy, I see where this is going. You're going to worry throughout your whole honeymoon."

"Shut up, and I won't. I'll leave her in trusty hands so I won't have to." Even then, she'd still worry.

"Yeah, sure, whatever. You have to take me when picking out your dress. The perfect one would depend on many things like, are you guys having an outdoor or indoor wedding?"

"I guess that depends on our venue options and weather."