Battle of the Bands (MaryGold x lxngdon)

j a c e
"Yeah, I do, but I don't want to just take anyone," said Jace, grinning as he finished his sorbet. "I want to take a smart, funny, witty, beautiful woman who will look great on my arm and piss the hell out of Jasper, and possibly even cause him to apologise to Orion publicly. And, unless Emma Watson asks me to go with her tomorrow night, you're currently my best candidate."

Another thing he would rather drown himself in this bay than say was that he truly, utterly and genuinely wanted to go with her, and only her. She was absolutely gorgeous but she was also really funny and relaxed, something none of his exes had ever been. He wanted to get to know her better, and, well, whatever happens happens.

"Pleaaaaassseee," he whined. He slid off the rail, dropped to both of his knees and tried not to laugh as he begged. "Please, Embry? I'll do anything for you! I'll give you our Tilbury if you go with me."

E M B R Y
Embry dropped her ice cream and cupped her face with both hands. "That is legitimately the sweetest thing anyone has ever said to me. I'm glad someone recognized me for the amazing person I know I am." She feigned a dreamy sigh, and couldn't help but laugh.

She really was charmed by him without a doubt. Feeling easily relaxed in his presence, and there were a few butterflies here and there. Never would she say that aloud even as a joke.

"And it's not every day you get compared to Emma Watson." She grabbed his hands and forced him back onto his feet."How can I say no to all of this." She gestured to his whole being.

"You don't have to give me your Tilbury. Just another ice cream and we're set."

j a c e
"Yay!" said Jace in a high-pitched, girlish voice. He scooped up Embry in his arms and hugged her tightly as he whirled her around, laughing before he set her down. "And I will totally buy you another ice cream to replace the one you dropped in your moment of glee. Shall we dramatically depart?"

Linking his arm with Embry's, he started walking them back to the ice cream parlour. "So I'll pick you up at five -- there's forty-five minutes of red carpet, starting at six, then we watch the movie, then we go to the after party, then we come back to my place and I torment you with the second two Human Centipede movies." Once they had their new ice creams Jace called for another limo. "It's getting late and your band members are gonna kill me if they think I've abducted you, so I should probably get you home."

E M B R Y
"Aw, they wouldn't kill you, maybe torture you relentlessly, but they wouldn't kill you." Embry grinned and patted his arm. "Oh, and if I really do get tormented by those movies, I won't hesitate to punch you."

She raised her small balled up fist."This guy packs a lot more punch than you would guess. Just ask Eadlyn, he'll tell you." That doofus was always doing things that caused him to get hurt by her hand.​

j a c e
"I'll be sure to wear some armour to make sure you don't injure me."

The limo arrived and Jace climbed in. Once the driver knew where to drop off Embry the car started and Jace handed her a bottle of water from the mini-fridge. "What will you be wearing?" he asked in a joking manner. "So I can match my tie."

He smiled at the thought of Jasper's reaction to the pictures that would be taken of him and Embry. This was going to be good.

"And, because I'm the twin of the lead, we get front-row seats," Jace added. "We'll have to sit with my sisters, though. Have you ever met either of them? Bianca and Hillary?"

E M B R Y

Embry shook her head as she twisted the cap off of her water bottle. She only took one sip before she screwed the top back on."Probably something black, or at least close to it. I don't have that many bright things hiding in my closet."

"Oh, Bianca, no. Hilary, yes. We did a photoshoot together. It was fun. She'll be there?" She smiled, thinking back to the time. It was probably the most relaxed time she had when doing a photo session. Sadly, Embry hadn't crossed paths with her much after that. It would be nice to see the supermodel again.

She leaned against him and let out a soft yawn."I'm tired and I haven't even done anything."

Last edited:
j a c e
Instinctively, Jace put an arm around Embry's waist when she leaned against him. He thought nothing of it. "Yeah, Hill will be there in the front row with her stupid boyfriend Chad." Chad Riviera was a male model who was the most uptight, pretentious person Jace had ever met. Jace and Bianca both hated him but Hillary refused to listen to their insistence on how much of a shitty person he was.

"So where'd you grow up? Despite having both of our lives plastered in everyone's field of vision I surprisingly didn't look into it." Jace sipped his water. "Because that's kinda stalkery."

E M B R Y
"Oh, well, most people wouldn't know unless they did look it up." Embry let out an exaggerated sigh."I was born in Portland, though I've spent most of my life in New York, it's a beautiful place. Have you been?"

Embry wondered if she should go into more detail about what she did growing up. That would mean talking about her parents, and she was not in the mood to be talking about them. Her attitude always soured when she even thought about them. She was almost sure she was going to get a call from her mother saying something about her not winning the award tonight.

"I go back and visit all the time. The seafood is delicious."

j a c e
"I've been to New York quite a few times," said Jace, nodding. "My parents live there now. I love it, so much. It's a gorgeous city."

The truth was, Jace had bought his parents' house in Brooklyn when Beautiful Pain started getting famous. Bianca and Hillary were too self-centered to spend their money on anything but themselves, so Jace had paid for his parents' house and Riley's law school. They had all come from a middle-class family who struggled due to having a lot of kids, but somehow, Jace was the only still humble one out of the three eldest.

"Nothing compares to Vegas, though," said Jace, sighing with a smile as he remembered his hometown. "I mean, the weather sucks, but other than that the place is perfect and no one can convince me otherwise."

E M B R Y

"Viva Las Vegas, eh?" Embry grinned, of course, she had been there. Mainly for concerts, but she always had time to explore the city. "I've been there a few times. And you're absolutely right about the weather. That's the only thing I can't stand. I'm not used to such hot weather."

Living in New York and Portland, she was more used to cool weather. Since becoming a rockstar, and traveling a lot more, she could bear with it a lot better than before. Embry still didn't like the heat. But who did?

"The movies don't exaggerate it. It looks prettiest at night." Then again almost every city looked best in the evening to Embry. The night itself was a beautiful thing.

j a c e
Jace nodded in agreement. "It's absolutely beautiful. I have to go back soon."

They pulled up to Embry's house. Jace heaved her off of him and offered to walk her to the door. "Well, this is where we part," he said dramatically. Unless she invited him in, but he doubted she would. He was getting his hopes up a little too high, but he truly did want to spend time with her. "I hope you enjoyed your ice cream. I'll pick you up at five-thirty?"

E M B R Y
"I enjoyed a lot more than just the ice cream, thank you." Embry's eyes twinkled. She moved to open her door."I would invite you in, but I don't want to." She told him honestly, but in a teasing tone.

There was no way she'd be letting him tonight no matter how much she liked him. And somehow, it would feel like all the fun and wonderful feelings of tonight would mean much less to her. It was best to take one step at a time, whether it be friendship or romance when it came to her.

"Five-thirty sharp. I'm holding you to it."

j a c e
"Oh, don't worry, I'll be there," said Jace. He smiled and winked at her. He was about to turn, before he decided to take her hand and kiss it. He smiled back up at her. "Goodnight, Embry."

Jace turned and made his way back to his limo. As the driver drove him back to his own house -- well, it was more appropriate to call it a mansion -- he checked his phone to see Twitter was blowing up with the story of Jasper attacking Orion in Beautiful Pain's acceptance speech. Jace's mentions were filled with people asking him to make Jasper apologise to Orion. Jace shook his head. This was getting out of hand.

Once he was home he changed into sweats and a T-shirt and went straight to sleep. He was tired and sore from the days' events, but he went to sleep happy and thinking of Embry.

(initiate timeskip)​

E M B R Y
It was almost five thirty when Embry walked out her door wearing her dark blue floral laced dress. She crouched down to fix the strap on her heels, they were new and she hadn't worn them until today. Probably a mistake since she wasn't accustomed to them yet. But it wasn't as they were uncomfortable so it was fine.

Embry checked her phone for the time when she received a text from Isaac. She wondered if she should reply to it. Earlier in the morning she had told them she wouldn't be able to hang out with them today. They asked why and she answered with 'you'll know soon enough' and received suspicious looks. They'd never guess what she'd be doing. They'd figure out at the same time as everyone else.

So, she decided to ignore the text and sit on the steps of doors. "Five minutes until five-thirty." She voiced to herself, counting down by using her phone clock.

j a c e
Jace showed up at Embry's house in a limo, wearing his best black suit. He put a bit of his own taste into the look with a leather tie and a black shirt instead of a white one. He looked very emo, which he liked.

Once he was at Embry's, he climbed out of the car, walked up to her and offered her his arm. "You look fucking awesome," he told her truthfully. He truly did believe it. "Let's do this shit."

E M B R Y
Embry stood up, switched her clutch to her other hand and took his offered arm happily."Cue the music." She twirled a finger in the air playfully as they strolled over to the limousine.

"I forgot to ask last night, but what genre is the movie?" She asked, curiously. She was fine with anything, and enjoyed surprises. But she should at least know that, she thought.

j a c e
"It's a drama about Lili Elbe, a transgender pioneer. It's called The Danish Girl." Jace had already seen a preview and he really enjoyed it. "My sister's playing the wife if Lili, who was previously Einar Wegener, who's being played by Eddie Redmayne. You will be forced to see the both of them naked. I will respectfully avert my eyes."

Soon they were at the event. The press was already there and Jace could see his sister and Eddie beginning the walk down the red carpet. "You ready?"

E M B R Y
"Thank you for the warning," Embry said gratefully. She could deal with many things in almost any movie or show but nudity not so much, it made her feel a bit squeamish. Especially considering you may run into these people later.

"By all means. I'm ready." She nodded, ready to head out. She put on a smile for the cameras, but she was already smiling before, so it was more natural. Her eyes squinted only once at the sudden camera flashes.

Last edited:
j a c e
When Jace and Embry stepped out of the limo and onto the red carpet, the press went wild. Of course they did. There was Jace Lesecki and Embry Ashford, the lead singers of two bands who had been feuding for years, attending the premiere of Bianca Lesecki's movie arm-in-arm. Jace smiled at the cameras as they joined Bianca and Eddie on the red carpet. Jace kissed his twin on the cheek before introducing the two women.

"Bianca, this is Embry, Embry, Bianca," said Jace. Bianca raised an eyebrow at her brother but smiled and said hello respectfully to Embry anyway.

"It's lovely to meet you."

For the next forty-five minutes Jace and Embry made their way down the red carpet. Reporters were shouting questions at them while they frantically took pictures, inquiring about their relationship status and whether Embry was mad at Jasper for what had happened the night before. Jace gave quick answers such as, "All will be revealed in good time," simply because he didn't know what to say.

Finally they made their way into the luxury theatre, where Jace sat between Embry and Bianca. "Well, that was fun," he said, sighing with a smile on his face.​

E M B R Y
"The most fun I have since the week started." Embry was glad to be seated after standing so long and taking pictures. She had momentarily forgotten how tiring it could be, but it was fun in a sense nonetheless.

Though, it bothered her a little that he simply didn't say they were friends to the reporters,even if it didn't completely feel that way. She thought that one line would solve many problems with the public and media. It would show that they had good relationships and held no hard feelings against one another.

Feeling the vibrating of her phone in her clutch, Embry pulled it out and shut it off. Otherwise, she knew it would vibrating all throughout the movie. "Wow, thanks to advances of technology news travels fast."