Battle Of The Bands, IC Thread

Charlie rolled over, her long brown hair covering her face in an unattractive way as she began to wake up, the sound of thunder outside waking the teenager from her sleep. Although, this was good. Without that wake-up call, she may have missed auditions. She stood up from her bed and got dressed, putting on black Vans, dark skinny jeans, and a black tank top, putting her jacket on over it and running a brush through her hair, grabbing her guitar case as she walked downstairs for breakfast. "Morning Dad. Where are the other two?" She asked as she ate her eggs. "I don't know, Char. I think Harry said something about needing to get his strings repaired, so they both went." Charlie nodded, finishing her breakfast and sanding up.

"Gotta go, dad. See you later, ok?" She called as she stepped out the door, putting in her headphones in as se walked down the street, her guitar slung across her back and an umbrella in her hand. Finally, she made it to the hotel, leaving her umbrella at the door. She walked up to the desk, asking the concierge where conference room f9 was. "Down the hall a bit, it's the third left." She thanked him and left, putting her hand on the knob before stopping and taking a deep breath. "Here goes nothing..." She whispered, twisting the handle and pushing open the door.

((It's a pleasure. ))

Making a wet trail down the hall, Denziel took deep breaths. She had to ace the audition. She wanted to be part of the family, the band. Ziel wanted to belong. She wanted to be free, to surrender her worries to music. She had met Charlie and felt a sense of kinship through their passion, music. She hoped that she would feel the same with the others if she managed to get in.

With her heart hammering away painfully against her ribcage, she opened the door. Surrender.

"Mom, Dad, I'm heading out." Eteri called out to her parents. She didn't expect a response as she shifted, pulling her backpack further up her shoulder. She pulled the hood of her dark green hoodie up over her head to keep her from getting too wet in the rain. Her torn jeans didn't really help with the winds blowing, but they made her look cool. Worn sneakers slammed against the pavement as Eteri ran to the Crow's Nest. She just had to get to the meeting place and do her audition. Her tail twitched in nervousness as she ran finally reached the large building. Just a little bit more and she would subject herself to the opinions of others on her music. Her sticks seemed all the heavier in her backpack, weighing her down as she finally found the hallway and subsequently the meeting room.

"Alright..." She whispered to herself, her legs starting to feel like jelly as she slowly got closer. "You can do this... You just need to walk in there and preform some music... Shouldn't be too hard..." She froze a little before reaching the room. Her heart started to beat faster as her mind went through all of the what if's. "I can't do this... I can't do this..." She started to take a step back, leaving her dreams. "I can't... I'm not cut out for this... They probably already have a drummer, or don't need one... I can't..." She took one last look at the door to the meeting room. "I can't do this." Tears started to form as her anxieties started to get the better of her. She took another step back, starting to turn around as small sobs started to shake her frame.

Charlie sat down at one of the chairs in the large conference room, noticing she was the only person in the room. She supposed Rex was in the adjacent room, as she could here clanging and grunting from what she assumed was him setting up a table or something like that. She took a deep breath, and to occupy her time until the others came, she decided to do her vocal excersizes. While spinning around in the chair as fast as she could. The vombination if her laughter, the squeak of the chair, and her singing, drowned out the sound if the door opening a second time. Only when it opened to reveal Ziel did she stop, happy to see someone she relatively knew arrive first. She smoothed her hair and walked over.

Before she could start talking, she heard small sobs from outside the door, and a faint "I can't do this." Charlie walked past Ziel and looked outside, where a girl with a green rain-soaked hoodie and ripped jeans was crying and walking down the hall. Charlie ran up to her and stopped her. "Hey, wait! What's wrong?" She asked the girl, running in front of her.

Dear god did he hate folding-furniture. He hated it as a child, and hell if he didn't hate them more now. All he needed were some chairs and a table. Just ONE table, was that too much to ask? Yes. Yes it was.

Rex finally got the table out, and set up a couple of rows of chairs. Oh boy. This is gonna crash and burn. This couldn't go wrong at all! He went out into the hallway, only to immediately go back in. He wasn't good with people crying. Not his thing. Anger, happiness, all that crap, but not crying. He didn't know why, he just didn't know how to deal with it.

"Buh buh buh..." Rex mumbled to himself as he scanned the room one last time. Plenty of chairs, check. Table, check. Place to preform.... Could be better, but it would do. He huffed, and opened up the connecting door. "Oh, great! Some of y'all have arrived already. Fantastic." Rex grinned, and pushed the door open all the way. "It's only 9:30, so I guess that'll give us all a chance to really meet eachother." His words seemed to be coming in bursts, apparently the anticipation with this one was strong.

When Denziel found Charlie in the room, she had almost leaped for joy. A familiar face! A friend! However, as Charlie approached her, Ziel noticed that something in Charlie changed. Then Charlie left. Okay...?

Ziel followed Charlie, she was so caught up in her nervousness that she had drowned out the sobs from outside. Her excitement died down in to Curious and concerned, she joined the duo.

Two people came up to her, surprising Eteri. She quickly tried to wipe away her tears, sniffling. "I-I'm sorry, I just, I shouldn't be here. I..." She stared down at her shoes, felling just a little bit more than pathetic. "I was stupid, I signed up for a band, but I can't... I can't go through with it." She shook her head, moving to walk past the two. "I should go. Sorry for bothering you two." She pulled her hood back up, getting ready to get back out into the horrible weather. The small thought of possibly disappointing Rex filtered through, but was quickly pushed aside by the thought that he probably had lots of other people to take her place.

Ziel grabbed her hand, stopping the girl from leaving. The girl didn't believe in herself. She was limiting and crushing her abilities, her potential. She was underestimating herself. Nobody should be like that. Nobody. Denziel wanted to stop this. She didn't want to see dreams die.

"You haven't tried going through it yet. C'mon, you won't know if you can if you won't try. I'm auditioning too. Maybe we'll do it together?"

"So if I fade this song in with this.. Then our post should be C# tuning all the way.. Hmm.. So from D to Db.. Seems adjustable.."

"Do I look good in this dress?"

"Shouldn't you be more worried about vocalizing than your looks?"

"Well, it's your audition, so my voice wouldn't matter."

"Actually, it will, because I'll be backing you up as second voice so if you sound bad, then I'll sound bad as well and we wouldn't be able to cross the whole point of harmonizing."

"Tshh.. Fine, but I already did my fair share of practising. So no need to worry. Now, should I put in a bow?"

"You mean all that singing you did in the shower? Seriously? Whatever. Ditch the bow. Ditch the dress. Long-sleeved shirt, jeans and boots. It's raining outside."

Hearing his stepsister sigh, stomping footsteps echoed through the floor behind him followed by a sound of a closing door. Enrique was already prepped up in his baggy jeans and rubber shoes, his grey and black top with a deep purple long sleeved shirt underneath, and on the collar of it was his favorite signature bandana covering his scaly throat. He was sitting in front of his laptop fiddling with his editing software, making sure that their lineup transitioned smoothly from one song to another. Enrique took the effort to wake up really early to sort of mash up four songs in one track, still while keeping it short by cutting out the less important parts. All he was doing now was exporting the file to his CD as well as his USB flash drive, all the while rerunning the lineup in his head and imagining how he would play it. A few seconds later, Darcy stormed off the room, clad in midnight black, long-sleeved yet off-shoulder shirt and dark skinny jeans, with the lower half of it stuffed inside her knee-high leather boots. She wanted to look good for her new crush, but unfortunately her brother was right about the weather. It would definitely be hard to walk in this weather on a dress and girly sandals.

-----

Arriving at their destination (a little soaked from the rain), the duo went through the hallway on the ninth floor and was soon greeted by a soft sob and a few more people trying to comfort the girl. What happened? With his electric guitar strapped on his back, he set down the hard, keyboard case on the floor and took a step forward to approach the trio when another door opened. Darcy looked a little scared as to why the girl was crying, but then her fearful eyes darted from her towards Rex, who apparently just welcomed them. She gave him a small nod and a smile, and Enrique did the same. He just hoped that everyone would be okay in the end though..

Eteri was surprised by the girl's offer to audition with her, and blushed at the fact that so many people were noticing her sobbing mess. She wiped away whatever tears she could and responded to the girl's offer. "I'm sorry, this is so embarrassing..." She gave a small chuckle before sniffling. "Thank you, for trying to help. I don't think we could audition together though." She wiped at her eyes, trying to get all of the stray tears to just go away. She felt like she was causing such a scene. "I guess, I should at least try... Thank you for coming out to talk to me, both of you." She felt like her face was a tomato, though she was quite red in the face. The lion tailed girl looked down at her feet, feeling shy. Her tail twitched, threatening to come out of her shirt, though she quickly stilled it. It was time to be brave. Eteri waited for the girls to start heading back into the meeting room. Hopefully she hadn't bothered anyone with her crying.

"You're welcome.", Denziel beamed, "I'm Ziel and she's Charlie by the way. You can do it!"

Denziel knew the girl was really embarrassed and needed some space. So she headed back to the meeting room. On the way, she thought back to what she said to the girl and hoped that she would encourage her by giving her best in the audition. She opened the door and went in. Her work there was done. Almost done.

Last edited by a moderator:
Charlie smiled at the nervous girl, and patted her on the shoulder as she composed herself. "No problem! Good luck at auditions." She told the girl, following Ziel back into the room. The girl needed some space, and maybe leaving her alone for a few minutes would give her time to cheer up. She sat down in one of the plush office swivel chairs and rolled over to Ziel, leaving her guitar case leaning against the wall. "D'you think she'll come together in time for the audition? I hope she isn't too nervous. She seems like a nice person." Charlie asked, gesturing toward the door. Although, she supposed she should be practicing a little. Rolling back over to retrieve her guitar case, she pulled the instrument out and began to tune it.

"I hope so... Yeah, she seems like that kind." Ziel smiled, "I think all we can do now is do our best and try to encourage her with our performance."

Denziel took her bass out, first tuning it and then playing a riff. She felt her fingers press and pick at the strings as she thought of what she would do at the auditions that would really blow Rex away... She looked around the room, there were two other people practicing and Rex. She hadn't had the chance to know the others since she was trying to cheer the girl up. Maybe she would get to know them later. But for now, Denziel had to practice. She put on her earphones and turned up her music, the playlist she made with awesome bass riffs she could use and and played along, warming her fingers and opening her mind.

The two have already made their way inside the room with the rest of the participants and seeing how the others were preparing really got him nervous. Enrique sat down on a nearby chair as did Darcy, and he secured the instruments beside him. Everyone seemed talented and it made him worry a little on how he would be able to pull this through. Drumming his fingers silently on the table in front of him, he quietly sighed to get himself to cool down a little. Darcy was not fazed though, as she grabbed a random magazine from a nearby shelf and began to leaf through the pages. He felt that delicate hand on his shoulder though when he began to tap his foot now as if he were playing drums. Enrique calmed down a little.

"Hey chill bro. It'll be over soon."

Enrique was not so sure if that should make him feel better or not because boy, did that sound like an all too familiar line from a gore film. "Guess I'm getting overexcited.." He responded in almost a murmur, smiling at his stepsister in a slightly nervous way. He wanted to know who would start though, because at the same time he was curious as to what the others were capable of.

"So... What types of music are you into?" Denziel asked, plucking away at her bass. She was quite curious about Charlie's choice of music. Furthermore, if they were going to be in the band, it would be good if they knew each other better. She had also hoped they would have some types of music they are both interested in. It would be fun to discuss about it.