Battle Of The Bands, IC Thread

"Haha! Holy crap...." Rex laughed at the fancy of her drum set, and grinned. "I wasn't expecting you to do... this..." Shaking his head again, he said, "Well, you're probably in. I'll message you with the time and place later, hopefully see you there!" Rex began packing up his table and things, he thought there were enough people interested, but if others showed up, he wouldn't turn them away. "Hey, Eteri! Could you please help me put these inside? Sam will have my wings if I leave them out here..."

Eteri blushed, a bit embarrassed. She put her sticks back in her back pocket before going to help Rex. "So..." She started, feeling a bit awkward as she helped him put the table away. "What instrument do you play? I-I'm assuming you play one..." She glanced around as she tried to figure out what she was doing. She'd have to start looking around the shops after this. Maybe she could find at least one, "Help Wanted!" sign somewhere. It'd definitely help if this band thing broke apart.

When Denziel finished eating... Well, devouring her pizza. She thanked Roy and set off to her apartment.

On the way was an instrument shop which peaked her interest. She hadn't explored the shop. The front of the store was filled with windows that were framed with copper-colored wood displaying the heaven-like interior of the shop next to the emerald door. On the main glass panel was the name of the shop painted neatly in white.

Ziel twisted the brass doorknob and stepped in. The store was filled with an almost endless array of instruments complete with a recording studio. There were the string instruments and guitars, whose shiny wooden bodies reflected her as she walked past, the pianos and keyboards, whose white and black keys looked as smooth as silk and so many more instruments. However, Ziel's eyes were fixated on two instruments the trombone, which stood under a the light of the room in all it's glory, and the bass guitar, whose thick strings ran straight along the instrument.

Not expensive. But she didn't have the money.

Maybe she could get a job there. Alexei, the owner said that he needed help with the brass instruments...

"Saxophone and singing. I'm a quick learn though." Rex smiled as he answered her question, and carried the tabe and chairs just inside the door. "Thanks again, Eteri. Hopefully I will send out the message soon!" He waved as the door closed, then put the furniture back into a nearby closet. Nodding to a few of the other Crows, he went into the elevator, his wings pressed against his body. After a few seconds of going up, he got out with a few other winged humans, and they went their separate ways. Rex jogged down the hall to his suite, and opened the door. "At least being a Crow has benefits..." He mumbled to himself while putting away his stuff, then sat down at his laptop. Starting to write a message to the others, he put the headphones back on, and let the music carry his fingers.

--Rex's Band! name up for debate --

Hello there! I am messaging you because you showed interest in my band. If you want to join, please meet me, and the rest of your colleagues at conference room f9 in the Crow's nest. The time will be at 10:00, tomorrow. //Saturday!// Food will be provided, in the form of skittles and MnMs. In the same bowl. >:D

If you can't make it, lemme know, and I'll reschedule!

-Rex​

Walking home from the grocery store, Charlie felt her phone vibrate with a message.

Hello there! I am messaging you because you showed interest in my band. If you want to join, please meet me, and the rest of your colleagues at conference room f9 in the Crow's nest. The time will be at 10:00, tomorrow. //Saturday!// Food will be provided, in the form of skittles and MnMs. In the same bowl. >:D

Charlie smiled and messaged back, "I'll be there! :D" before she continued on her way. Her father and brothers would be happy to hear about her new band. And she would have to step it up at her guitar lessons. She didn't want to be the only one with no instrumental experience when she arrived.

Last edited by a moderator:
Eteri nodded as she left the crow's nest, walking toward the shopping district. She heard a beep from her phone and flipped it open, checking through the emails. She found one from Rex and clicked on it.

-Rex

She quickly typed, I can make it, -Eteri, and sent the message. She flipped the phone back close and quickly glanced around for help wanted signs. So far, she hadn't had luck with anything, not even some of the fast food places. She didn't give up hope just yet. If she didn't find a job today, she could always find one the next.

A little ping sound went off from Ziel's phone. She whipped out the Iphone, mumbling 'please be the auditions, please be the auditions, please be the auditions'. Denziel checked her message inbox and found one from Rex. It read:

-Rex

She read it aloud. From the pent up excitement. Gosh. It was so embarrassing but A BAND! AN AUDITION! TOMORROW! She swiftly replied, saying that she would be able to make it. Little did she know that her phone wasn't the got the message in the store.

Getting the three responses, Rex grinned, and went back downstairs to the main lobby. The Crow's idol, Jillian, would be proud of him. First him surviving this long, and now putting together a band? Fantastic. Being the son of Samson, the owner of "The Crow's Nest" did give him a bit of slack, but in other ways, Rex had a harder time getting into a Crow gang. Whatever, a mixed group would be better anyway. He smiled to himself, and stretched. Deciding to work his wings a bit, Rex walked to the back alley of the hotel, and climbed up to the roof. They had installed this outside ladder, because too many people kept using the interior roof exit, and it was overcrowded. Even still, there were already about 7 Crows hanging out up there, and others climbing up. Rex nodded to them as he passed, took a few steps back, then leapt off of the roof. Other Crows did this often, so it wasn't a special occasion. He extended his wings, and let the wind push him. As usual, the sight from in the air was fantastic, and Rex spaced out a bit, letting the wind carry his wings, and drag him with them. After a few minutes of gliding about the city, he angled down, and softly stopped in a rolling halt. Looking around, and seeing he was near a few shops, he tucked his wings out of the way, and wandered about on the roads. It was a nice life up here, you didn't have to worry about thieves or murderers up here, the good weather and great police force made sure of that.
Only unnatural deaths, were people jumping off, and even then, they randomly would appear face down on a roof or something. Rex's eyes darted over a few shops, then he turned about, and started the walk back to The Crows Nest.

Eteri had been walking for a good ten minutes when she stopped dead in her tracks. There was a black haired boy sweeping in front of a music store and dear God, why did he have to be cute? She felt her nervousness grow three sizes. He obviously worked at the place, why would he be sweeping if he wasn't, so all she had to do was go up and ask if there were any job openings. That was all she had to do. Just walk up there and talk to him. That's it. Not a problem.

And then it turned into a problem. What if he thought she was weird? What if there were no job openings, then that would just be awkward! Should she mention he was cute, no that would sound too creepy! The brunette didn't notice she was walking toward him until she was almost two feet away. She nearly froze, her tail squeezing tighter around her waist as she hesitantly dared to inch a bit closer. "U-um... Excuse me... y-you wouldn't happen to know, um, if there are any job openings here? I-if not, then I can just l-leave you to your job..." She glanced up at the guy, only to glance back down almost immediately after. It was a vicious cycle of glance, feel incompetent, then stare back down at the ground. She nearly cursed herself as she waited for an answer.

Terra found herself back in her dorm within no time, but the trip didnt feel so expedient to her with all of the teasing and dodging stupid normal kids at school. She growled under her breath and just kept trudging on. With a frustrated cry, she tossed everything she had brought with her on her bed and banged her head once against the wall, cursing the bunny ears that flipped down in her face. She forced herself off of the wall and tore open her backpack, plugging her laptop in to the wall charger and plugging in her launchpad, calming her mind and focusing. She needed something amazing, programming that would blow everyone away. She needed to be quick though, because there was no telling when the auditions would be. Or well... Now there was telling, and it was Rex telling her. Tomorrow was a short deadline to finish such complex programs, but she would have to have it done. After about thirty minutes, though, she remembered that she hadnt replied, and so she gave a simple 'k' and went back to work.

She stared perplexed at the surroundings around. Dalas assumed she was in the main lobby, but for her it looked more as a room torn out from a very expensive movie. She covered her forehead with her bangs, her cheeks had caught a reddish color because of the emotions that began to race her thoughs. She was very excited, she felt her heart beating strong like a drummer's solo. Everything from the past seemed to be an illusion and now the present seem to be a fantasy. Dalas considered that for the first meeting to wear the appropriate attire, nothing too lewd or too fancy. She wore a dress with long sleeves, the diaphragm was the limit that made the difference between the two colors, white and black. The top was white and simple, nothing to fancy, in front she had a black tiny ribbon that covered the upper button around her neck,resembled to a bow tie, smaller, but cute. Down, the dress continues with an intense black color, with two golden buttons on each side of the abdomen with equal distance. The dress reached above the knees, there it was more loosen. Wore a pair of black varnished heels with an average heel length and around her ankle had, on each leg, two small white ribbons. Her hair fall on her back in waves.
From being stressed be bite her lower lip making her lips more reddish, the waiting tormented her, but at the same time she wanted to not happen. She had a special box that held her violin, honestly, on a moment of trust, she didn't had to many expectations from this meeting. She sat on the sofa waiting, the ticking of the clock made her thought that the time mocks her. Dalas let a small sigh escape her lips as she stared around. Had an awkward feeling that persons began to stare at her. "Maybe I should have chosen something else?" She thought as she looked around one more time, nothing, everyone was taking care of their own jobs. "Maybe I am to early? Or to late?" She looked at the clock. "No, I am on time, well, maybe a little to early. Oh ! For the names of God ! I hope I won't mess with anything. The last interview was a total mess." She began to argue with herself.

Rex, slightly tired from his flight, slowly came back into The Crows Nest Lobby. Noticing Dalas, he walked over, and grinned. "Hullo! You look all stressed up, and you don't seem to be a Crow. What brings you here?" Non-Crow people usually didn't hang out in this hotel, they'd either come in, and leave, or go to one of the meeting rooms. When humans, or people who weren't crows stayed in the lobby, they were either looking for someone, or waiting for someone to arrive. Both of those problems Rex could help with, since he knew most of the crows, and could direct you to them. His clothes were ruffled from his flying, and his wings were folded to his back, out of the way.

Dalas stood up and looked at him, she dusted her clothes and examined him from head to toe. She shared the apartment with two other girls, indeed as they said, he was a beauty to admire.She kept her breath for a moment and stared at him. Indeed he was man who caught your eye in an instant. "I.. I want to take part ! I ..." Dalas stopped chosing her words carefully. Her eyes run across the room avoiding his eyes, with every minute she felt as the heat in her cheeks became even more stronger. " I can only play at violin but I assure you that I can make you lose your words ! I don't trust the gossips of my roommates so I came personally. Is true then ? " She spoke to him in a rushed tone, even the last question was more likely addressed to herself. As she tried to hide her emotion, the last sentence made her petite white wings to beat. " Sorry, I - " She stopped as she sighs. " I am nervous Mister." She spoke, as a habit she started to play with her hair.
" Habituellement pas nerveux autour des étrangers. "* She spoke with a low tone as she stared at him. As emotions began to overflow her, she was ready to run out straight to an ice-cream shop.

* - Usually I am not nervous around strangers.

"Ah. So you are a crow." Rex grinned again, and leaned back against a marbled pillar. "You want to join the band, huh? We don't have any violin players, so I guess I'd be happy to see you in the auditions." He handed her a slip of paper and a pencil, then spoke again. "Write down your name, way I can reach you, and your instrument. I'll send you the information on where the proper auditions will be held." Rex yawned, then shook his head, as if to shake the sleep away. "I'm Rex, by the way. What's your name?"

She looked at him and blink a few times. " Is true then ?" She almost wanted to yell of happiness and went closer to him, with big eyes she spoke as a helpless child that stares at candies in a candy shop. Dalas took the paper and the pencil and began to write. Her hand shaken because of the emotions. At she write her whole name, Dalas Ferras and at the contact she paused and stared, but after a long hesitation she write down her phone number, at the instrument she wrote the violin; even the word itself brought on her face a smile. " Here." She handed him the paper along with the pencil. "My name is Dalas and is a pleasure to met you Mister Rex." She made a deep and polite bow." Yes ! But they didn't grow more than this." She spoke with a little shame in her tone. "My mother said that in time will become larger, but I doubt that." She paused and smiled to him, her reddish lips curbed into a perfect smile shown her white teeth. "Thank you again for your time and I am sorry to intrude at such impolite hour."

"No problem, Dalas. It's nice to meet another Crow that I didn't know." Rex smiled at his own rhyme, then bowed slightly. He waved as she left, and decided to go up to the roof again. Not to fly, but to just look. Rex did so, and found the roof to be deserted. Taking pleasure at the isolation, he sat down at the edge of the roof, his legs dangling over the side. It always amazed him, this life. No matter how many days passed, how many times he saw the sky, it never grew old. Realizing that his headphones were still around his neck, he pulled them up to his ears, and the music lulled him into relaxion. Of course, he didn't sleep, but his eyes focused on nothing in particular, and his heart beat and breathing slowed to a meditative state.

"Well, thank you.The plasure is all mine!" She bowed to him and left, she lift a little the hand and waved back to him. Was happy, very happy that she would have a change to show to her parents who she will become and to the world. Yes, maybe it sounded like a cliche from a movie were the main actor wanted a change in its life, but it was true. "Pandora, tonight we will have to work hard." She whispered as she glared at her violin. She kept her head, with a big smile she went to the auditorium, tonight she had the shift to clean it and the lady from there let her practice after she done. She needed some money to pay this month rent at the apartment along with her other two roommates, and besides that she wanted to visit mister Max. He was an old man who used to repair instruments, his business started to get down because of the many shops that began to appear over night with all sorts of instruments. He was very good in his job and Dalas trusted him when it give him her violin. She believed that everytime she took her violin back from him it became even more beautiful than it was before.

Ziel gazed at the iridescent sky as she walked to her apartment. The fiery orb of red dipped into the horizon, first staining the heavens orange, red, then a dark blue. Her eyes never wavered from the beautiful sight. It moved her to chase her dreams, to let the sky be the limit, to pass the point of no return.

Her grip tightened on her amplifier and trombone case. Her instruments were her wings. One could not survive without the other. The were one. Together, they could touch the sky, to be free.

She hoped for what tomorrow would bring. Good or bad, she face it with a smile.

Denziel unlocked her door, rushed in and put her babies down to write. Inking every drop of inspiration onto the score. As she finished the last note, her phone rang. The magic was over. It was her parents.

Ziel's music :

((SO TERRIBLY SORRY FOR NOT WRITING! travel sucks. ))

As the sun set, most Crows went back to bed. Rex, however, stayed up on his perch on the roof. After a few hours of solitude, his father came up to sit beside him.
"Hey, Da." "Hello, Rex." "What brings you up here?" "Well, for one, its my hotel... And second, you seemed busy today. You weren't floating about, humming new songs to yourself." "Trust me, I'll have plenty to hum in a few days. I'm putting together a band." "Oh really?" "Yeah." "Huh.... How's that been?" "Good, good...."

Rex's dad, Samson, popped his lip a few times, sighed deeply, then stood to leave.
"Bye, Dad." "Goodbye. See you tomorrow, punkin."

They both smiled to themselves, and Sam ((rex's father)) left the roof. Rex huffed, and sniffed quietly. His eyes flitted to the empty sky, then to the city. It wasn't too bad of a life. Not too bad at all. He decided to go to bed, for, it seemed he had a busy and interesting day tomorrow. Rex smiled to himself again as he went back to the elevator, and stood inside, waiting for it to descend.

"So, we are all set?" The male turned around towards Skylar that did the last preparations on the drum set. "Sky?" Skylar raised her head and got up winking. "Aye, Bud. We are good to go.". The guy nodded and flashed a smile towards her. "Nervous?" Skylar shook her head to negate, but replied. "As hell itself." The answer made both singers laugh out loud and the other one nodded. "I can tell. But don't worry kiddo, you are great." The girl stuck her tongue playfully and sat behind drums. They were only a few years older, but they just enjoyed annoying her. Mainly because her drumming would get better afterwards. It was indeed the first time she got so many people to impress since she filled in for the local cover band until they find the new drummer and since they already did, the fine gesture of letting her stay for the big show before they move along, made her feel obligated to give them the best show there is. The "Crow's Nest"'s club was pretty large and lively that evening and was promising. The only thing they could do it to give them the time of their life. Being full of crowd that enjoyed the same music as she did, made Skylar feeling hyper and energetic. From the first song, she drummed full speed ahead.

((Opening song and it is a heavy concert so, if you don't like this genre eh sorry
and no I don't do too heavy screamos and too heavy growls...just dumb))