Battle for Humanity_

After the brief chat with Sapphire, Daemon began helping the frantic patrons in a feeble attempt to free up some space around the crowded bar.

He walks back over to Sapphire to let her know that he was going to go check on the rest of the staff, but before he spoke the two were approached by a tall woman. Daemon recognized the face, "Good evening... Ophira is it? I hope all is well.." Daemon replied to the woman when she greeted them. He turned to Sapphire, "I'm going to go check on everyone else" he said before turning back to Ophira, "It was a pleasure to see you again." looking Ophira straight into her eyes. He could smell her, even through the stench of alcohol, sweat and sick. It was a distinctly different smell from the average vampire.

Daemon walked away from the bar and walked past a few more regulars, briefly smiling, nodding, shaking hands and saying quick, "Hi"'s and "Good to see you"'s. He spoke with a few of the bouncers before making his way to the main entrance. When he stepped out of the doors he was greeted with a few cheers and shouts.

"I'm sorry to say this but we are past capacity and we are shutting down in 45 minutes, guys. If you want in, you gatta get here a bit earlier next time, yeah?" He half shouted to the line up. This was followed by a chorus of disapproving groans and a few angry remarks. "Hey! Keep that attitude up and you're never getting in, Paul!"

Daemon headed back inside and made his way to the DJ. When he approached the slightly shorter man with messy brown hair, a long term friend and one if his betas named Finnick, he removed his bright green headphones.

"Shut it down in about an hour, bud!" Daemon shouted over the blaring speakers. Finnick nodded in response and returned the headphones to his ears. Daemon then headed back to the bar for one last refill on his drink.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Sapphire blinked and smiled at the head vampire wryly. "Ophira. Welcome. What can I get for you?"

@Camille : *"I'll have a vodka paralyzer. Add some of the black blood to it if you can please." Ophira said, smiling gently and watching the woman.*

Sapphire added the kahlua, vodka, milk, and coke to a mixer with ice. Reaching behind her she grabbed a shot of Ophira's requested blood and dumped it in with the previous ingredient. Adding a lid to the container, Sapphire shook it and dropped the drink in a chilled glass.

"How has your night been, Ophira? You're out late tonight." Sapphire winked at her and turned to serve a human man who had danced his way up to the bar. "Hi. What are you looking for?"

The man smiled. "Just a water, please." Sapphire did as asked, grinning at the obviously sober man as he gulped his drink down and then slipped back onto the dance floor. Some people just came for the adrenaline rush that was produced when dancing to loud music in a large crowd. The atmosphere in Aconite was always dark and somewhat mysterious, contributed to the fact that most of the patrons and all of the workers weren't human. Eyes tended to glow and people were usually a little more energized, especially on a new moon.

She turned back to Ophira. "Sorry about that. It's always funny when the young ones come to just dance and maybe find someone to spend some time with. I'm not quite sure why."

Sluggishly one leg lifted before the other. Sloth almost made it halfway down the block before hearing some calls and hollers Sloth then proceeded to hear a man call out something to the small line or crowd. This gentleman had to be an employee or manager of this club he stood before called Aconite.

"I'm sorry to say this but we are past capacity and..."

This was about the time sloth realized the faint sound of music coming from a building across the street from his position. Looking over his shoulder and towards the club known as Aconite. Sloth spots a line of now rather disappointed people. Oddly enough, Sloth darts across the street and over to the entry of this club. However before Sloth can even waltz in the door, a bouncer steps in his path.

"Hey bud, what do you think your doing? Did you not just hear the boss?"

Sloth stares at the hand placed on his chest, to prevent him from entering the club. Looking past the mans shoulder, he brings his attention back towards the mans gaze. Due to being in mortal form, Sloth had to look up at this fellow. Not to mention this fellow was rather large compared to Sloth. Pushing the hand off of him, the guy narrows his gaze on Sloth.

"I'm horrifically sorry chap. But you see, I am what they call hard of hearing. Why don't you inform me what this "Boss" said."

The bouncer eyes Sloth rather suspiciously, then repeats what Daemon said to the crowd of disappointed folk. All the while, Sloth holds his hand up to his ear as though trying to listen over the music. Although once the Bouncer finished his statement, Sloth possessed a frown.

"Seriously man, you need to speak up. I can't hear a damn word you say Mr.Mumbles."

Upon hearing Sloths rude comment, the bouncer gets a bit angry and repeats what was said yet again. Though this time with a shout into Sloth's ear. This loud projection of the bouncers voice caused his eyes to squint ever so slightly. Not even halfway through the bouncers sentence, the hand cupping Sloths ear shot forward applying as many punches into the bouncers jaw as swiftly as possible. Without skipping a beat, once several hard punches hits the mans head. The punching hand now moved behind the bouncers head, to bring the bouncers head forward and connect it to a elbow thrown by Sloth's opposing arm.

The bouncer grabbed onto Sloth during the flurry of blows, the attempt to fight back was stopped as the elbow to the nose caused it to break. After Sloth saw blood, he jumped backwards, which worked rather well. Well enough that it broke the grapple placed upon Sloth. On that note, Sloth simply walked passed the man, now unconscious due to the rapid succession of hits to the skull.

Entering the club the sound of music overran his ears. This didn't please Sloth, Sloth preferred quiet places over things like this. However, if what Sloth was looking for was going to be anywhere. It would most certainly be found here. Sloth walked about the club for a bit, taking his time before coming to the bar. However Sloth never entered the dance floor, only inspecting it occasionally as though looking for someone.

Reactions: Camille

zBIGtTjm.jpg

Charis/Farrah

As Charis sat there watching Christian eat, she felt happy. This is what she came here to do, bring joy and kindness to the sad humans. While she was seating there, Charis felt a presence pass by her. It felt like, death and sadness. Charis didn't like it at all. Before she could do anything, when she turned around the presence was gone. Charis has never felt anything like that. "Farrah? Farrah! Are you ok?" "Yes...yes! I think it's time to go." "Ok..." "I'll get your food wrapped up, so you can bring it with you."

The waitress wrapped up the food, she gave it to Charis. Charis wanted to get out of that place, as fast as possible. That presence was ungodly. "Farrah...your bringing me back to the foster home, aren't you?" "...yes." Christian let go of her hand. "I knew it!" "Christian I promise you, I will find you...the best home ever." "That's what everybody says, then they forget about me." "Well I'm not like everybody." Charis took a golden box out of her purse. "Christian, this box is very special to me, you keep this and you'll know I'll be back for you." Charis showed it to Christian. "What is it?" He didn't know what the box did or what is was for. "It's my lucky charm of sorts." "Uh..." Christian looked at Charis, confused. "It leads me to people in need, like you. So where ever you are, I can find you." Christian started to smile. "Really!" Charis shook her head. "Yes." Christian eyes grew big. "Cool."

The golden box was just a simple ornate trinket, it was just her way of reassuring Christian. She would come back to see him and being an angel, Charis would be watching over him. She was going to find him a great home. She brought him back to the foster agency home. She got to Christian's level. "Remember, Christian what I said." Christian felt the box in his bag. "Yup! Thanks, Farrah." Christian hugged her, then he ran back to the foster house. The foster lady, just stared with a cheery smile on her face. Charis waved at her and walked off, back towards the hospital. She was really proud of herself right now.

Last edited:
Sapphire blinked and smiled at the head vampire wryly. "Ophira. Welcome. What can I get for you?"

@Camille : *"I'll have a vodka paralyzer. Add some of the black blood to it if you can please." Ophira said, smiling gently and watching the woman.*

Sapphire added the kahlua, vodka, milk, and coke to a mixer with ice. Reaching behind her she grabbed a shot of Ophira's requested blood and dumped it in with the previous ingredient. Adding a lid to the container, Sapphire shook it and dropped the drink in a chilled glass.

"How has your night been, Ophira? You're out late tonight." Sapphire winked at her and turned to serve a human man who had danced his way up to the bar. "Hi. What are you looking for?"

The man smiled. "Just a water, please." Sapphire did as asked, grinning at the obviously sober man as he gulped his drink down and then slipped back onto the dance floor. Some people just came for the adrenaline rush that was produced when dancing to loud music in a large crowd. The atmosphere in Aconite was always dark and somewhat mysterious, contributed to the fact that most of the patrons and all of the workers weren't human. Eyes tended to glow and people were usually a little more energized, especially on a new moon.

She turned back to Ophira. "Sorry about that. It's always funny when the young ones come to just dance and maybe find someone to spend some time with. I'm not quite sure why."
Ophira watched as Sapphire poured her requested drink, watching in silence before being prompted, "How has your night been, Ophira? You're out late tonight." Ophira let herself smile faintly, just the tips of her white fangs showing through her lips. Before she could answer, a Human man danced up to the bar and asked for a water, chugging it quickly, and then returned to the dance floor with full energy. Ophira's bright blue eyes looked neon in the dark club, and she knew that her Race would be obvious to anyone who looked her way that was a Supernatural themselves. To a human, they might just assume she was a regular person with contact lenses. Humans amused her. "Sorry about that. It's always funny when the young ones coe to just dance and maybe find someone to spend some time with. I'm not quite sure why," Sapphire added.

"My night has been mostly uneventful, with the exception of dealing with a Rogue this evening. I wanted to get away for a while, you know?" she spoke, smiling now fully. She wasn't sure if Sapphire would really understand. Sapphire was the only Vampire outside of the Castle who knew for a fact who Ophira really was. Ophira wanted it to stay that way. She didn't want Vampires or any other type of being freaking out or causing problems simply to get a reaction from her. She took a long drink from her glass, shivering slightly not from the ice, but from the blood as it entered her system. The reaction was always quick. Her eyes glowed even brighter than normal and her usually perfect posture relaxed into the stool she sat on. "How's it been here tonight anyway? Other than the obvious drunken idiots and Supernaturals? Anything out of the ordinary...?"

Standing over the bed of coals and turning on the fan, Gavin slid a flat piece of metal in and closed the lid. He flicked the metal toothpick around in his mouth sliding his gloves on. As the metal grew red hot he slid on a pair of safety glasses. Grabbing a 4 pound mallet he pulled the iron out. Deftly moving it to the anvil, he arched his arm back slamming the hammer onto them metal piece. Over and over he struck. The metal grew cold, he slid it back under the hot coals to let it heat, letting it get to a white hot this go round.

After a good while of heating, slamming, and cooling he finished a bastard sword for his personal collection. Sometimes he does a lot for his personal collection, though thats all it was a collection. He took the sword over to the polishing station to clean and sharpen the blade. He took great pride in his work considering the amount of practice he has had. He sat the half finished blade down and stretched. Tossing off his apron and gloves, he took the toothpick out of his mouth and closed his eyes. The staff grew to Bo staff length. He opened his eyes and leaned on the solid iron staff, taking out cigarette to smoke, and checked his phone. No calls at all.

"Use your silverware," Leni hissed as Bruno picked up his raw steak with his hands and began chewing it. Her twin, matching her in hair color, olive skin, but his eyes dark brown flecked with gold glowered at her, a snarl coming onto his lips.

"Have you ever tried to use silverware on a raw steak? It's impossible Leni. Stop being stupid," he grumbled, going back to eating. Leni sighed, rolling her light green eyes but smirking a little as she watched him. Her almond shaped orbs flickered to the few other patrons in the diner, but everyone seemed rather wrapped up in their own conversations. Except for their waitress, who seemed rather flustered by Bruno's taste for bloody cow.

"Um, check please," Leni smiled at the woman, who seemed at least put at ease by her accent. She probably assumed eating in such a way was an Italian or European thing. Better that she think that though than ever know the truth. "You have blood just… dripping… ugh," Leni whispered, red streaks staining Bruno's chin and throat. Her brother just looked at her with a heavy brow that clearly said 'shut up' even though his lips never moved, before popping the last bit into his teeth.

"Done. Happy?" he asked.

"Yes," Leni smirked, chuckled a bit as the waitress put down the receipt and cleared away some dishes. "Just.. toss some bills down and let's leave quickly," she said, wanting to be honest about payment but having only Euros. Bruno did so and the twins got up, hurrying out onto the street.

"So… where do we stay?" Bruno asked, wiping his face. Leni was silent, looking around. It was a bit intimidating, being in a strange country and knowing no one.

"On the roofs," she said quietly. Sleeping during the day was hard. She had no idea what the police were like here, but back home if you slept on the streets during the day you were woken up and told to move. You couldn't hide like at night. So the two had taken to making refuge on the tops of buildings, unseen. Luckily, they were agile enough to accomplish such. They wandered a bit further around until they saw a fire escape alongside a building with window frames that jutted out. An easy climb. "You first," she said to Bruno. Her brother was stronger than her and weighed more, so he always insisted on doing such feats first anyway- to test the strength of the path up the walls.

Bruno held out his hand for his sister's bag, who reluctantly handed it over. He didn't want her weighed down more than she had to be. Adding the bag to his back with his, he jumped, fingertips just barely wrapping around the bottom metal of the fire escape ladder. He shifted side to side for a second before using just his arms, which were beginning to swell slightly with increased blood flow to his muscles, and pulled himself up until his feet could slide onto the bottom rung. "Seems stable…" he called down to Leni. "Can you jump to reach it?" he asked.

Leni jumped a few times before shaking her head. Bruno didn't make a fuss, and just hooked his feet around a ladder rung, falling backwards so he was hanging upside down and could easily grab Leni's hand. His sister let his grab her wrists and pull her up, her fingers soon finding the bottom rung.

"Got it?" he asked.

"Yeah," she nodded. Bruno nodded back and folded his body back upwards, reaching further up the ladder and unhooking his feet from their rung. Quietly, the two 18 year olds moved until they could slide over the top edge of the building, where they would sleep until night drew near once more.

Last edited by a moderator:
When the young man didn't respond, Adelina looked mildly concerned but simply reached out to rest a hand on his shoulder. "Whatever you do, go with God. And find me if you need help," she smiled sincerely with a nod, turning and walking away. As she moved to go back across the street, as she had a bit of a sweet tooth and though she saw a pie display at the diner through the window, a light suddenly lit up her side. As she turned to look to the side, eyes widening, a motorcycle was already upon her. With unnatural like speed she dove out of the way, tumbling a bit on the asphalt, but sustaining a simple scrape on her hand and bruise forming on her cheek. The motorcycle had honked and just now let off, having slammed on his brakes and skidded to a stop safely. The young man aboard looked more panicked than Adelina as the angel stood, brushing herself off and holding her injured hand that burned a bit.

"Are you alright?!" he asked, taking off his helmet and walking over to her.

"Oh well, just a minor injury. I will survive," she grinned, eyes dancing playfully in an optimistic way one wouldn't expect from someone who almost died. The man looked concerned still, however.

"Are you sure?" he asked, craning his neck to inspect her hand without crossing the personal boundary of actually reaching out and grabbing her.

"Oh I am fine. I should have looked before crossing. My fault," she smiled with a nod. The man looked almost touched by her words and ended up with a small smile.

"Alright ma'am... if you're sure..." Adelina nodded, and the guy left smiling, glad she was ok before getting on his bike and riding away. As he did so, Adelina held her hand and whispered something. The wound glowed softly before beginning to heal, thanks to her holy magic.

"Good as new in no time," she whispered to herself, beginning to think of where someone may need love. She knew she could head towards a hospital or an orphanage, but instead she went in search of a nursing home. They always seemed much more lonely.

As Adelina walked though, she got a shivery, eerie feeling that made her skin crawl. she turned around to look behind her, concerned, but didn't see anyone obvious. She hesitated, considering calling out to see if she was being followed, particularly by a demon or other not so nice creature, but instead steadied her shoulders and continued on her way though not completely comfortable.

Just as he had cowardly made up his mind to take refuge in the solitary diner, a figure entered his peripheral vision. They seemed to be approaching his general direction but of course Charlie assumed that they were only one of the cities late night strollers. Maybe even a club goer. To his surprise they had stopped near his general vicinity and began to speak.

"Hello. Are you Lost?"

Unnecessary adrenaline trickled about his stomach as he looked up to address the stranger. Out of pure instinct and familiarity, Charlie unconsciously began to make observations. The first thing that came to mind was that the stranger was very pretty. Someone Mr. Jefferson would call a 'perfect portrait'. There was definitely something else too. An aura, a type of atmosphere that radiated from her being. Of course that sounded just about as crazy as it did, making little to no sense. Shrugging the feeling off Charlie made a move to respond when he realized with sudden shock that he couldn't.

Paralyzed from top to bottom by frayed nerves, he could do nothing but wait for the strange form of a 'nervous breakdown' to subside. A mix of relief and disappointment washed over him when the lady announced that she was taking her leave. It was better that she left now anyways before the twitching began. However there was still the matter of his classmates happening upon him in his statue like state.

A minute or two passed and Charlie could at least stretch his fingers again with the drawback of an increasingly twitchy left eye. He was about to attempt looking around again for the women to perhaps apologize when he noticed someone looming over him.

"Charlie are you alright?"

Quickly covering his left eye in an awkward cupped motion he looked up at Sammy who smiled down at him with a hint of concern in her eyes.

"Absolutely dandy"

As soon as the words left his mouth Charlie immediately regretted it. Why dandy? Out of the one thousand varieties of words in the English language he had picked dandy. It hadn't perturbed Sammy in the least however as she seemed to smile even brighter.

"Care to join us then? Peter and the rest of the gang want to meet the infamous Charlie Finch"

Charlie wasn't exactly sure how he felt being infamous but the fact that others wanted to meet him was an entirely foreign thing altogether. Not really sure if he could trust his literacy Charlie nodded instead and in a few minutes later he was being led inside by an over excited Peter into the hot spot club of the whole city.

Everything was a bit disorienting at first. The mix of blinding lights, thumping music, and warm bodies was beyond anything that Charlie had ever experienced. The adrenaline rush he was experiencing now was different from all his previous ones too. This one was more controlled and brought on an incredibly warm sensation that spread like water with each beat of the stereo. It didn't take long until he was lost in the energy of all the dancing patrons. An energy that felt all at once freeing and desperate.

Peter and Sam had to all but carry Charlie to the nearest bar stool after he nearly collapsed in a sea of stomping feet.

"I feel like a dead fish. Can we go home now?"

The two step siblings exchanged glances before laughing good naturedly at their new companions straightforward bluntness.

"Sure thing champ. After dancing like that, you deserve the rejuvenating award of rest"

Peter thumped Charlie's sagging form on the back, earning an agreeing moan from the exhausted boy.

"Alright I second that. We have to find Clara and Jocey first though. Will you be alright on your own for a bit?"

Another garbled moan was all that Charlie could muster as an answer. Sam laughed, shaking her head and gently ruffling his tousled brown hair before converging once again into the crowd of shaking bodies.

The cold marble of the bar table was a wonderful relief to his slightly flushed cheeks. His body ached, feet were numb as bricks, and he was slightly positive about a possibly dislocated elbow. And Charlie, in all his life, had never felt any better.

• Love
Just as he had cowardly made up his mind to take refuge in the solitary diner, a figure entered his peripheral vision. They seemed to be approaching his general direction but of course Charlie assumed that they were only one of the cities late night strollers. Maybe even a club goer. To his surprise they had stopped near his general vicinity and began to speak.

"Hello. Are you Lost?"

Unnecessary adrenaline trickled about his stomach as he looked up to address the stranger. Out of pure instinct and familiarity, Charlie unconsciously began to make observations. The first thing that came to mind was that the stranger was very pretty. Someone Mr. Jefferson would call a 'perfect portrait'. There was definitely something else too. An aura, a type of atmosphere that radiated from her being. Of course that sounded just about as crazy as it did, making little to no sense. Shrugging the feeling off Charlie made a move to respond when he realized with sudden shock that he couldn't.

Paralyzed from top to bottom by frayed nerves, he could do nothing but wait for the strange form of a 'nervous breakdown' to subside. A mix of relief and disappointment washed over him when the lady announced that she was taking her leave. It was better that she left now anyways before the twitching began. However there was still the matter of his classmates happening upon him in his statue like state.

A minute or two passed and Charlie could at least stretch his fingers again with the drawback of an increasingly twitchy left eye. He was about to attempt looking around again for the women to perhaps apologize when he noticed someone looming over him.

"Charlie are you alright?"

Quickly covering his left eye in an awkward cupped motion he looked up at Sammy who smiled down at him with a hint of concern in her eyes.

"Absolutely dandy"

As soon as the words left his mouth Charlie immediately regretted it. Why dandy? Out of the one thousand varieties of words in the English language he had picked dandy. It hadn't perturbed Sammy in the least however as she seemed to smile even brighter.

"Care to join us then? Peter and the rest of the gang want to meet the infamous Charlie Finch"

Charlie wasn't exactly sure how he felt being infamous but the fact that others wanted to meet him was an entirely foreign thing altogether. Not really sure if he could trust his literacy Charlie nodded instead and in a few minutes later he was being led inside by an over excited Peter into the hot spot club of the whole city.

Everything was a bit disorienting at first. The mix of blinding lights, thumping music, and warm bodies was beyond anything that Charlie had ever experienced. The adrenaline rush he was experiencing now was different from all his previous ones too. This one was more controlled and brought on an incredibly warm sensation that spread like water with each beat of the stereo. It didn't take long until he was lost in the energy of all the dancing patrons. An energy that felt all at once freeing and desperate.

Peter and Sam had to all but carry Charlie to the nearest bar stool after he nearly collapsed in a sea of stomping feet.

"I feel like a dead fish. Can we go home now?"

The two step siblings exchanged glances before laughing good naturedly at their new companions straightforward bluntness.

"Sure thing champ. After dancing like that, you deserve the rejuvenating award of rest"

Peter thumped Charlie's sagging form on the back, earning an agreeing moan from the exhausted boy.

"Alright I second that. We have to find Clara and Jocey first though. Will you be alright on your own for a bit?"

Another garbled moan was all that Charlie could muster as an answer. Sam laughed, shaking her head and gently ruffling his tousled brown hair before converging once again into the crowd of shaking bodies.

The cold marble of the bar table was a wonderful relief to his slightly flushed cheeks. His body ached, feet were numb as bricks, and he was slightly positive about a possibly dislocated elbow. And Charlie, in all his life, had never felt any better.
The seat beside the young man clicked slightly, and a firey wave of heat began to fill the air. Wrath sat calmly staring at Sloth as he entered the club. Her red eyes were stunning behind the black liner and now fully primped and wavy light pink hair. She wore black leather pants, Luis Vuitton black heels with red on the bottom, and a deep mauve coloured satin corset shirt that left her stomach bare. To top it off she had a white and black striped blazer and a long gold pendant that was created for her back in the 12 century AD, when followers worshiped at her temples. She never removed her eyes from sloth, but her words were directed at the teenager to her right. "Aren't you a little young to be out and about on a cold night such as this? Demons seem to lurk in the most vibrant of places."

She lifted the whiskey to her lips unaware that it seemed ironic for her to be inquiring about his age when she had the body of a 19 year old girl. She broke down an ice cube snarling,"Piece of lazy shit. If he were paying attention he would realize my damn presence by now."

She shut her eyes trying not to let her harboring anger encourage a massacre. She clenched her fists, her fiery red eyes almost glowing in the night. Vincent was in Seattle at the moment trying to acquire a Watzaki sword from a village up in Tokyo, or at least that was what he was allowing her to think. She already knew he inquired on multiple occasions on how to kill a demon and how to acquire high end poisons from the black market. She left her elbows on the bar as she spoke again to the boy,"You shouldn't hold in such anger either. You're a catalyst for disaster, I would know..I fucked him once."

She remained serious waiting for Sloth to notice her. It was a game of wills and a stance of power. She never came up to someone like a sniveling teenager. He would come to her or suffer the consequences of his actions.

• Love
Reactions: UnsightlyTEAstain
Maybe it was new found luck or extra karma points from all work he had achieved during the week what with all the unexpected events that had unfolded. This was about as much attention that he had ever received from his fellow classmates and Charlie vaguely wondered why. Perhaps it was his addled mind or once again crippled nerves but he speculated that maybe it was just because he was at the right place at the right time. A little frown settled upon his lips as he realized that his thought wasn't exactly correct as the last phrase was mostly spoken as--

"Aren't you a little young to be out and about on a cold night such as this? Demons seem to lurk in the most vibrant of places."

Charlie blinked and unconsciously turned towards the stranger in reaction towards their unusual remark. It was then that he perceived the slight but detectable heat in the air. It wasn't a comforting warmth but more stiffing in a sense. That, however, was pushed to the back of his mind as he finally had the chance to observe the girl beside him. He had assumed her to be a few years older at the comment she had made before but was surprised to find that she looked no older than he was. The only real difference he could make out between them (other than the obvious) was that she had far more expensive attire than he could ever afford as well as prominent 'Perfect Portrait' traits.

Then there was that strange aura again. It was similar in a way to the previous lady that had happened upon him as it had that slight buzzing quality to it. That was where all similarities ceased. Charlie really had no idea how to describe the difference between the two emanations but if he had to compare it then it would be like...light to dark. One glowed while the other is dipped in shadows.

The sound of breaking ice alarmed him until he noticed that the stranger beside him had been the source of the noise. For a second Charlie questioned if she had been irritated by his silence and scrambled to say something when he over heard her mutterings. Even though she was referring to a 'he' Charlie was positive that it was not him. Although her words did raise some questions. Looking around the crowd, he tried to discreetly find the source of her slowly growing anger until her next words sliced through his attention.

"You shouldn't hold in such anger either. You're a catalyst for disaster, I would know..I fucked him once."

"Excuse me?"

The words had escaped before Charlie could stop them. It didn't hold an ounce of accusation but was filled with weary curiosity and a bit of apprehensive disbelief. He knew as well as anyone that his terrible habit of bottling up negative emotions was dangerous but he had remained in control for years now. The only incident occurring back in his eighth grade year when Gregory Simpson had taken his verbal assaults too far. They could say anything they wanted about Charlie but his friend, especially now that he was gone, was something he would not, could not, let go.

That day Charlie went home with one black eye and a slightly bleeding lower lip. Gregory had been sent to the hospital with two broken ribs. He felt guilty about his actions then but there was no denying the feeling of utter fulfillment he had experienced as well.

Wrong place at the wrong time. That was the right phrase.

Maybe it was new found luck or extra karma points from all work he had achieved during the week what with all the unexpected events that had unfolded. This was about as much attention that he had ever received from his fellow classmates and Charlie vaguely wondered why. Perhaps it was his addled mind or once again crippled nerves but he speculated that maybe it was just because he was at the right place at the right time. A little frown settled upon his lips as he realized that his thought wasn't exactly correct as the last phrase was mostly spoken as--

"Aren't you a little young to be out and about on a cold night such as this? Demons seem to lurk in the most vibrant of places."

Charlie blinked and unconsciously turned towards the stranger in reaction towards their unusual remark. It was then that he perceived the slight but detectable heat in the air. It wasn't a comforting warmth but more stiffing in a sense. That, however, was pushed to the back of his mind as he finally had the chance to observe the girl beside him. He had assumed her to be a few years older at the comment she had made before but was surprised to find that she looked no older than he was. The only real difference he could make out between them (other than the obvious) was that she had far more expensive attire than he could ever afford as well as prominent 'Perfect Portrait' traits.

Then there was that strange aura again. It was similar in a way to the previous lady that had happened upon him as it had that slight buzzing quality to it. That was where all similarities ceased. Charlie really had no idea how to describe the difference between the two emanations but if he had to compare it then it would be like...light to dark. One glowed while the other is dipped in shadows.

The sound of breaking ice alarmed him until he noticed that the stranger beside him had been the source of the noise. For a second Charlie questioned if she had been irritated by his silence and scrambled to say something when he over heard her mutterings. Even though she was referring to a 'he' Charlie was positive that it was not him. Although her words did raise some questions. Looking around the crowd, he tried to discreetly find the source of her slowly growing anger until her next words sliced through his attention.

"You shouldn't hold in such anger either. You're a catalyst for disaster, I would know..I fucked him once."

"Excuse me?"

The words had escaped before Charlie could stop them. It didn't hold an ounce of accusation but was filled with weary curiosity and a bit of apprehensive disbelief. He knew as well as anyone that his terrible habit of bottling up negative emotions was dangerous but he had remained in control for years now. The only incident occurring back in his eighth grade year when Gregory Simpson had taken his verbal assaults too far. They could say anything they wanted about Charlie but his friend, especially now that he was gone, was something he would not, could not, let go.

That day Charlie went home with one black eye and a slightly bleeding lower lip. Gregory had been sent to the hospital with two broken ribs. He felt guilty about his actions then but there was no denying the feeling of utter fulfillment he had experienced as well.

She placed the glass on the counter and turned to face him. Her red lips and bright eyes seemed tortured behind the serene innocence of her expression. It hid so much and yet nothing at all,"Rage is something I can see almost as plainly as day. Even if you try to push it back, it can't be contained. It's how angels lose their wings and how young boys send people into the hospital."

She breathed slowly, her eyes perking up lightly,"You've been in contact with grace...Silly boy. I can assure you the dark side is a lot more fun. Nice girls will treat you with kindness and boredom. It's the girls that play in the dark that will make you remember why you're alive. Remember that. "

She sat up slightly, the Chanel perfume lightly masking the sulfur that oozed from her pores. She didn't know why she wasn't ripping the heart out of this young boy's chest. It would be kinder then letting him face the wrath of the apocalypse but today she was feeling merciful. Perhaps it was because she felt a certain resemblance to him, or perhaps she was just feeling the tinglings of the grace she once had. Regardless she looked at the kid with mild interest.

• Love
Reactions: UnsightlyTEAstain
Ophira watched as Sapphire poured her requested drink, watching in silence before being prompted, "How has your night been, Ophira? You're out late tonight." Ophira let herself smile faintly, just the tips of her white fangs showing through her lips. Before she could answer, a Human man danced up to the bar and asked for a water, chugging it quickly, and then returned to the dance floor with full energy. Ophira's bright blue eyes looked neon in the dark club, and she knew that her Race would be obvious to anyone who looked her way that was a Supernatural themselves. To a human, they might just assume she was a regular person with contact lenses. Humans amused her. "Sorry about that. It's always funny when the young ones coe to just dance and maybe find someone to spend some time with. I'm not quite sure why," Sapphire added.

"My night has been mostly uneventful, with the exception of dealing with a Rogue this evening. I wanted to get away for a while, you know?" she spoke, smiling now fully. She wasn't sure if Sapphire would really understand. Sapphire was the only Vampire outside of the Castle who knew for a fact who Ophira really was. Ophira wanted it to stay that way. She didn't want Vampires or any other type of being freaking out or causing problems simply to get a reaction from her. She took a long drink from her glass, shivering slightly not from the ice, but from the blood as it entered her system. The reaction was always quick. Her eyes glowed even brighter than normal and her usually perfect posture relaxed into the stool she sat on. "How's it been here tonight anyway? Other than the obvious drunken idiots and Supernaturals? Anything out of the ordinary...?"
"It's been strangely busy. Just the normal crowd, though. A few younger ones that we're pretending not to see as long as they don't try and order alcohol." Sapphire grinned tiredly, suddenly feeling old. "I'm tired, though. I'll be pretty pleased when we close."

There was a commotion at the door. Sapphire watched as the bouncer grabbed an angry looking girl by the tops of the arms and steer her out the door. Sapphire blinked and shook her head. People were wound up tonight. She looked back at Ophira, watching her relax. It was always fun to watch the stern head vampire drink and drop some of the icier outer layers. She turned around for a moment and watched as her purple eyes glinted in the mirror behind the door. Remaking Ophira's drink, she turned back to her and said, "You look like you need a day off."

The music jumped up in volume for a moment and she grimaced. Her shoulders tensed and then relaxed as it calmed back down. She wanted a bath and sleep, or a long walk in the fresh air. Her nose was clogged with scent of alcohol and perfume - something she usually didn't mind. Today it was giving her a headache. Vampires shouldn't be able to get headaches, she decided.

"Excuse me?"

She placed the glass on the counter and turned to face him. Her red lips and bright eyes seemed tortured behind the serene innocence of her expression. It hid so much and yet nothing at all,"Rage is something I can see almost as plainly as day. Even if you try to push it back, it can't be contained. It's how angels lose their wings and how young boys send people into the hospital."

She breathed slowly, her eyes perking up lightly,"You've been in contact with grace...Silly boy. I can assure you the dark side is a lot more fun. Nice girls will treat you with kindness and boredom. It's the girls that play in the dark that will make you remember why you're alive. Remember that. "

She sat up slightly, the Chanel perfume lightly masking the sulfur that oozed from her pores. She didn't know why she wasn't ripping the heart out of this young boy's chest. It would be kinder then letting him face the wrath of the apocalypse but today she was feeling merciful. Perhaps it was because she felt a certain resemblance to him, or perhaps she was just feeling the tinglings of the grace she once had. Regardless she looked at the kid with mild interest.
"It's been strangely busy. Just the normal crowd, though. A few younger ones that we're pretending not to see as long as they don't try and order alcohol." Sapphire grinned tiredly, suddenly feeling old. "I'm tired, though. I'll be pretty pleased when we close."

There was a commotion at the door. Sapphire watched as the bouncer grabbed an angry looking girl by the tops of the arms and steer her out the door. Sapphire blinked and shook her head. People were wound up tonight. She looked back at Camille, watching her relax. It was always fun to watch the stern head vampire drink and drop some of the icier outer layers. She turned around for a moment and watched as her purple eyes glinted in the mirror behind the door. Remaking Camille's drink, she turned back to her and said, "You look like you need a day off."
Ophira watched as Sapphire remade her drink, sliding it with ease across the bar to her as she spoke, "It's been strangely busy. Just the normal crowd, though. A few younger ones that we're pretending not to see as long as they don't try and order alcohol. I'm tired, though. I'll be pretty pleased when we close." Ophira watched as Sapph yawned and she smiled, her body feeling relaxed though electrified. Being around Humans didn't bother her anymore despite she could smell their blood a long way away. "You look like you need a day off." Sapphire finished, causing Ophira to smile once more. "You got that right. But, running an entire Race, while keeping tabs on the other ones, takes up a lot of my time. I don't have the availability to take a day off. Instead, it's merely hours I can have."

Suddenly, the thin hairs on the back of Ophira's neck stood up and she turned ever so slightly, that to the untrained eye, you would barely notice she moved at all. Her neon blue eyes lit up as she looked from the corner of her eyes upon a girl with pink hair, and a boy with dark brown hair. The boy was Human, and seemed rather, on edge or curious. Ophira eyed the girl quickly. Her features were slim and toned, her hair pink and she wore expensive clothing and perfume. But despite the perfume, Ophira could smell her blood easily. It smelled tainted and dark.

She shuddered slightly and turned around fully to face them as they sat at a nearby table. The way the woman held herself triggered a memory in Ophira's mind of a woman she had met before, many centuries ago. Though that woman was no Human being. The woman back then was one of the greater Demons, Wrath. Not only did Ophira recognize the woman simply by how she held herself, she also recognized the woman by her giving blood before to Ophira. She wondered if Wrath had possessed this woman at the times she had given blood, or if she had just more recently possessed this body. Ophira's nostrils flared a bit, allowing the scent of the girl to fully enter her system. She memorized her scent and appearance and the sound of her voice as she walked up to the table.

First she looked to the boy, interrupting the conversation easily though without rudeness. Her neon eyes looked at the boy and Ophira smiled a closed lipped smile, so as not to reveal her fangs. "Good evening. Is everything okay here?" she asked him, though the question was mostly rhetorical, because how good could it really be with a Demon sitting right next to him? She almost smirked but retained her neutral expression at the thought. She sat down gracefully, the movement fluid and without falter as she crossed her right knee over the left. Her eyes finally came to rest on the woman and when she looked at her, her eyes confirmed it was Wrath. They were mostly red, with a little bit of black to accent. The lucky thing for Supernaturals in the modern day is that anyone can buy colored contact lenses to change their eye appearance, so no one would think twice really.

"Evening, Casey... How are you?" she asked. She watched the woman's eyes now, waiting for a response. She hoped she wasn't angry enough to try and do anything stupid in this very moment. She figured she wasn't though, as she was simply sitting there next to a Human doing nothing but talking, or so it seemed.

Ophira watched as Sapphire remade her drink, sliding it with ease across the bar to her as she spoke, "It's been strangely busy. Just the normal crowd, though. A few younger ones that we're pretending not to see as long as they don't try and order alcohol. I'm tired, though. I'll be pretty pleased when we close." Ophira watched as Sapph yawned and she smiled, her body feeling relaxed though electrified. Being around Humans didn't bother her anymore despite she could smell their blood a long way away. "You look like you need a day off." Sapphire finished, causing Ophira to smile once more. "You got that right. But, running an entire Race, while keeping tabs on the other ones, takes up a lot of my time. I don't have the availability to take a day off. Instead, it's merely hours I can have."

Suddenly, the thin hairs on the back of Ophira's neck stood up and she turned ever so slightly, that to the untrained eye, you would barely notice she moved at all. Her neon blue eyes lit up as she looked from the corner of her eyes upon a girl with pink hair, and a boy with dark brown hair. The boy was Human, and seemed rather, on edge or curious. Ophira eyed the girl quickly. Her features were slim and toned, her hair pink and she wore expensive clothing and perfume. But despite the perfume, Ophira could smell her blood easily. It smelled tainted and dark.

She shuddered slightly and turned around fully to face them as they sat at a nearby table. The way the woman held herself triggered a memory in Ophira's mind of a woman she had met before, many centuries ago. Though that woman was no Human being. The woman back then was one of the greater Demons, Wrath. Not only did Ophira recognize the woman simply by how she held herself, she also recognized the woman by her giving blood before to Ophira. She wondered if Wrath had possessed this woman at the times she had given blood, or if she had just more recently possessed this body. Ophira's nostrils flared a bit, allowing the scent of the girl to fully enter her system. She memorized her scent and appearance and the sound of her voice as she walked up to the table.

First she looked to the boy, interrupting the conversation easily though without rudeness. Her neon eyes looked at the boy and Ophira smiled a closed lipped smile, so as not to reveal her fangs. "Good evening. Is everything okay here?" she asked him, though the question was mostly rhetorical, because how good could it really be with a Demon sitting right next to him? She almost smirked but retained her neutral expression at the thought. She sat down gracefully, the movement fluid and without falter as she crossed her right knee over the left. Her eyes finally came to rest on the woman and when she looked at her, her eyes confirmed it was Wrath. They were mostly red, with a little bit of black to accent. The lucky thing for Supernaturals in the modern day is that anyone can buy colored contact lenses to change their eye appearance, so no one would think twice really.

"Evening, Casey... How are you?" she asked. She watched the woman's eyes now, waiting for a response. She hoped she wasn't angry enough to try and do anything stupid in this very moment. She figured she wasn't though, as she was simply sitting there next to a Human doing nothing but talking, or so it seemed.
Wrath's eyes never left Charlie's as the vampire walked up. Her smile wavered only for a second before she turned to look at Ophira with a knowing expression. She remembered this specific vampire a long time ago when she gave her blood to help conquer a new realm of dis-obedient vampires. She spoke softly, the tinge of her true voice poking out through the voice of another,"I am fine Ophira. Just spending the evening with my new boyfriend. How about yourself?"

With one simple gaze she knew every vampire slaid by this woman's word and every innocent human who dared to come across her in her youth. Her first response was to drain the woman dry and then let her starve for days without the liquid. Sadly for her evil nature she liked her. Reminded her of herself back when she was young and naive in the ways of her morality. A small laugh bubbled up through her throat,"How long has it been since we have seen each other? Centuries or millenniums? It's hard to keep track as the years go by."

The heat in the room increased slightly as Wrath raised the whiskey to her lips, finishing the cup. The idea of killing the vampire was always an option in her mind but the reason for the restraint was slightly harder to form. She assumed the appeal wasn't there because in truth the vampire realm wasn't her domain and her "dear daddy" didn't want his pets to be harmed for the moment. Said they had a purpose of some sort in his plans. Like she had any fucking knowledge about his plans. She didn't care regardless. The apocalypse would come soon enough and when it did both human and vampire alike would burn in her fire. She licked her lips and waited for a response, always keeping a close eye on sloth in the background.

Sloth walked about the club with a look of boredom on his expression. Eventually making way to the bar, he calls out (Somewhat rudely and Lackadaisically) to gain attention of the female bartender. Once focus of Sapphire was gained Sloth proceeded to ask for a water to quench his thirst. While waiting for a response on his water, Sloths gaze couldn't resist checking his surroundings. A look of utter fatigue entered sloths previously bored expression as his eyes met the table which Wrath was sitting. Somberly shaking his head in a disappointed fashion, Sloth is handed a water while he swiftly comes to the conclusion of who the mortal with the pink hair truly was..........

Already I have to encounter her? What a drag...........

Those were the only words etched into Sloths mind while focus rested on Wrath and he took several drinks of water. Who were those which sat at the table with her, never crossed his mind. Not that Sloth didn't care, more along the lines, it required to much effort to care, or to even think about for that matter.........

• Love
Torval decided to take a break from this work this time around and have a little fun, he owns a luxury apartment in downtown St.John's, only an hour away from his workplace, just in case any 'emergencies' popped up, which were usually none, and anyways, his assistant managers are always fighting for the opportunities to work as the manager, which he usually does often. So times like this benefit pretty much everyone, mostly Torval.

He sat on the couch watching shows on the television and staring out on the cool, crisp sea. He was doing this with his 'women of the week'. Which were usually pretty women who were paid to spend the week with him, who would say no to being paid to having fun anyways? He never kept the same pair for long, since his interests usually changed rapidly, which is why he never got any real friends, or a wife for that matter. He has no real friends, the closest example would be his assistant Kayle 'Branches' Woodsman, she's pretty chill about him being a lycan, especially since shes a mortal. He was living the good life, but it was pretty lonely, a few business calls and some hits later, and it would be like he's locked in a prison again.

Eventually he got a message on his phone, it was from an unknown messenger, urging him to go to club Aconite, which was a long drive from St. John's. He knows that club well. It's the club where all the Supernaturals go to get drunk and beat each other up legally. Sure, why not, I haven't been there in a while anyways. He thought to himself, he hasn't been to the Supernatural club in almost a year. Maybe he can call some demons up, if they're not too busy, maybe have a chat about things. The women were getting bored too, and started to sleep on him out of the boredom. He turned off the television, put on his coat, and gave a pat to the ladies. "Come on, girls, we are going to have a party tonight!" they got up with excitement, and followed him to his car, it wasn't real fancy, it was a truck that had parts from his manufacturing plant, so he got a reduced price for it. He really didn't like the luxury cars, too uncomfortable.

It was around a 2 hour drive before he made it to club Aconite, it was pretty late to come, and he didn't even have a reservation to enter. Maybe he can buy himself in? It's been awhile, he doesn't know how these clubs work. He, reached into his trunk for his 'emergency bribing money' briefcase, and pulled out some money. He coolly strolled up to the bouncer, gave him $5,000 for any inconveniences that may or just had happened, and walked in with the ladies, hoping he wouldn't say anything about them not being on a list or having reservations. He then smiled at his women and looked at them, "You girls did great this week, this treat's for you, enjoy!" and let them loose.​

He sat down in the nearest open table, kicked his feet up, and checked emails on his phone, not very attracting, but he wasn't meant to be attractive, he was just some rich dude here looking for some great beats and a few drinks,

Eh who knows, someone's bound to talk to him, this is a club after all.

@everybody in the club
@~Forgotten_Saiyan~

Last edited:
Daemon walked behind the bar to refill his drink but before he could finish, one of the bouncers shoved his way through the crowd and to the counter.

"Something's happened to Pacco." The large bouncer said, a bit out of breath.

"Out front?" Daemon replied, a look of concern beginning making it's way across his face.

"Yeah he was passed out when I found him. A few people made their way in"

Daemon left his unfinished drink at the bar and made his way to the entrance. Lightly pushing past the crowd, keeping his senses on high alert to track down anyone looking for trouble.

He got to the entrance doors and swiftly walked past. He could hear his bouncer, Pacco, speaking with a young man.

"I said get lost kid!"

"Yeah, what're you gunna do? From what I saw I bet I could kick your ass."

Daemon walked up to the two, the young man clearly underage. "Alright guys that's enough. Listen kid, we're closing up soon. I don't think you're old enough to get in here yet anyway."

"I am!" The young man cried, "I've got ID, see!" He waved a card in front of Daemon's face. Even while he wouldn't keep it still for more than a second, Daemon could clearly see that it was fake. He swiftly snatched the card out of the boy's hand and placed it in his pocket.

"Hey! Y-you cant just take that!"

"Actually yes. Yes I can. Now kindly leave before I permanently ban you from my club." The kid opened his mouth to say something but he quickly turned and walked away. Daemon turned to Pacco, who had his hand up to the side of his swollen and bruised head. "Now, what happened to you?"

"Some kid was tryna get in, but I told him what you said, apparently he had some kinda hearin' problem. Then outta nowhere, he start wailin on me before I blacked out. Then Johnny came and woke me up when he noticed a buncha people waltz right on in."

"What did this kid look like?" Daemon asked calmly.

"He was pretty.. scrawny.. but man did he pack a punch. He was a bit shorter, around 5' 8", 5' 10" maybe..." Pacco continued to describe the attacker as Daemon took a glance around. "Want me to come with you to look for him?" He said when he finished his description.

"No, I think I can track him down."

Daemon entered his club once again to begin his search. "Jesus, why is it getting so hot in here?"

Max Ate his meal that he order sometime ago. Max looks at his watch. How long have I been here? Max said to himself. He get the attention of the waiter that was serving him. Just the check. The waiter nodded and went to go get Max's check. It took a few minutes for the waiter to get his check, but when the waiter brought the check to Max, Max took out his wallet and paid for the food with cash. Max go out from the table and he walked towards the exit. Max went outside the restaurant and then headed for his car. Max got in his car a took off.

Sloth walked about the club with a look of boredom on his expression. Eventually making way to the bar, he calls out (Somewhat rudely and Lackadaisically) to gain attention of the female bartender. Once focus of Sapphire was gained Sloth proceeded to ask for a water to quench his thirst. While waiting for a response on his water, Sloths gaze couldn't resist checking his surroundings. A look of utter fatigue entered sloths previously bored expression as his eyes met the table which Wrath was sitting. Somberly shaking his head in a disappointed fashion, Sloth is handed a water while he swiftly comes to the conclusion of who the mortal with the pink hair truly was..........

Already I have to encounter her? What a drag...........

Those were the only words etched into Sloths mind while focus rested on Wrath and he took several drinks of water. Who were those which sat at the table with her, never crossed his mind. Not that Sloth didn't care, more along the lines, it required to much effort to care, or to even think about for that matter.........
Wrath removed her eyes from the vampire to give a vicious smirk at Sloth, who she fingered with ease. Oh she knew exactly who he was the moment he walked into the bar. No one could pull of the, "Who fucking cares?" look like Sloth. It was almost an art form. Rage almost sent her body into a frenzy at the idea that this fucker was more deserving of the head knight position. She had petitioned and rebelled the choice for years now and her, "Dear daddy.." didn't budge. Probably because he enjoyed tormenting her with near glory by the likes of this LAZY MOTHERFUCKER!. The glass snapped in her hands, as she closed her eyes to get herself to calm down. Rage was always an issue with her. God she would RIP HIS THROAT OUT OF HIS HEART....ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She simmered, knowing that getting angry only made her look like a raging bitch when it came to sloth. He barely gave her any kind of attention which to some would be an honored accomplishment. She turned back to Ophira with her anger barely simmered.

• Love