Batman: Legacy of the Dark Knight (OoC and Sign-Ups)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr_pibbs

The One True Pibbles
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per day
  2. 1-3 posts per week
  3. One post per week
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
"Batman: Legacy of the Dark Knight"

~~ IC Link ~~

https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/threads/batman-legacy-of-the-dark-knight-ic.48437/

Batman_Returns_Logo_by_JillGiovanni.jpg

Gotham City, once plagued and torn apart by crime, has now become a shining pinnacle of technology and is now seen as a great place to live in, while raising a family in peace. Despite the average crime rate going down, the rate of Super-crime committed by residents of the Arkham Asylum and Blackgate Prison has continuously gone up and down dramatically over the years. To fend off these criminals, vigilantes and heroes from all over the world have resurfaced to aid the people of Gotham. Not soon after an incident involving the Joker and his attempts to end the city (as well as his life in a shocking turn of events), an idea was generated from the mayor of Gotham. He proposed that the city council place the criminals from Arkham and Blackgate their own section of Gotham called "Arkham City". This place would be cut off from the rest of Gotham and would allow the less dangerous criminals to roam around without causing too much trouble, while keeping the more "extreme" criminals (such as Joker, Penguin, Scarecrow, Black Mask, ect) were locked up in cells specific to their personal mental condition. They were not allowed to leave the Asylum, or even their cells... Except for the few who were actually rehabilitated and allowed back into society, where the residents of Gotham (and in some cases, the world) were cautious about reaccepting them. After all, how was it easy to forgive somebody who until recently tried to commit such horrible acts against other human beings?

All that aside, things have been quiet, uneventful, with almost no turmoil whatsoever. Arkham City was a huge contribution to aid the decline of crime, but there was one major contribution that shook the very foundations of Gotham: the disappearance of the infamous vigilante known as "The Batman".. Nobody knows what exactly happened to the Caped Crusader of the night, but his cowl was recovered from the river surrounding the city... It was torn and ripped, stained with blood.

Now, 6 years after the disappearance of the Batman, the criminals and citizens of Gotham had managed to live quite uneventfully. Hell, even the Joker hasn't attempted a break-out from Arkham in the past years and has even shown signs of rehabilitation (when he finally dropped the gun aimed at his head and stopped demanding that Batman return to see him). However, something's not right. Nothing has ever been this peaceful in Gotham, even before the days of the Batman... Something's lurking in the darkness, something more then a hero or a villain... A memory, come back to haunt the men and women of Gotham... Some claim that it was about time, while others are fearful about what would happen when news of the event spread around... Suddenly, after years of no activity, a breakout occurs at Arkham City, and the streets are littered with the insane and the lethal... At the pinnacle of the crime pyramid, many of the supervillains strive for control, but something stands in their way.. The very event that had caused the riots and the break outs, the very reason people are panicking, the very reason that Gotham returned to its dangerous and horrifying state that it was in 6 years ago... The Batman, had returned... And all hell was about to break loose

Essentially, this RP would deal with the return of everybody's favourite caped crusader, Batman. However, things in Gotham were much better when everybody thought he was dead and gone, so when he shows up again, things get out of control. Think of this as a darker version of Batman similar to "The Dark Knight" trilogy, which quite a few things will be borrowed from, as well as the "Arkham" game series and the comics. I'm looking for heroes, villains, vigilantes and even friends (every Batman's gotta have an Alfred :3)

The plot would revolve around the changes in Gotham since Bruce/Batman (if we want to go canons, we can also take an OC route to this) disappeared from the face of the earth and how its affected various people. Obviously, there would be those who love his return (Alfred, Commissioner Gordon, Joker), those who hate his return (Scarecrow, Mr. Freeze, Penguin) and those who don't believe he's actually returned and can't trust him anymore (Robin, Batgirl/Oracle, Catwoman, maybe even Superman if you persuade me)

So, this RP will contain action, violence, romance, deception, lies and most of all, "THE GODDAMN BATMAN!!". If your interested, fill out the following CS. You may use Canon or OC characters, but if you want to use a different version of a Canon Character (ex. Having an OC as Nightwing, a Hero version of Poison Ivy, or something like that), then talk to me and we'll figure out if the canon character isn't taken already. I'll also allow other DCU characters such as Starfire, Green Arrow, and even Superman (however, I personally am not a fan of Supe's because I think he's OP, but if you persuade me that you won't let him become too godlike, then I'll gladly accept him!)

In terms of character relationships, by all means go behind my back to do it! I feel it adds to the drama and intensity of Batman. We'll basically be writing our own story arcs, progressing through Gotham from a different point of view that stays true to the source material. If, however, you decide you want a romantic interest between characters, then speak to the other person please. I'm fine with having unrequited love drama (ex. Catwoman is in love with Batman and ICly kisses him, but Batman has the mindset that relationships can't work for him), but don't just say "Black Canary is Green Arrow's girlfriend!" without properly figuring it out with the other person.

For now we can just figure out Characters, discuss plots and whatnot and get to the bottom of this RP before I release a character sheet. So, who's interested?

I will be taking on the role of Robin, who has become an independant hero without Batman.

So, we'd really need a Batman to start this, but if we generate enough interest from others, we can have Batman be an NPC until a player decides to pick him.

Last edited:
Already made? Yes.

I was waiting to see if people were interested before I posted it though.

I thought this was already a RP, if it's an interest check I got the wrong impression.

I personally think this is interesting.

Its an OoC/interest thread, so its both.

And sweet. What character were you thinking of playing? Canon or OC?

I'd be up for this, I will probably play a Canon character over an OC. Hopefully by the time I apply some good heroes will still be open.

As of now, any hero besides Robin aren't taken xD

I'm also just gonna post the sheet soon so people can get an idea of what this will require. I'll have a sample sheet up when I post it as well, so you'll have something to reference.

You had me at Batman. This RP isn't exactly the sort of thing I'm into, but it IS Batman.

So I'm totally in this, if I remember. I wanna be a goofy yet fully competent vigilante. Like Squirrel Girl, but not Squirrel Girl. More like Gir. But not an alien robot disguised as a mongoose dog.

Ah, I see. Well that could work I guess. We still need a Batman though, seeing as how the RP is based on him. If we get another person and they don't want to take up the mantle, I'll just NPC him until we get a player.

NANANNANANNANANANANA BATMAN!!!!

I'd like to sign up! (just not as batman :sad3: ) I rather not be the one that might kill the RP :(

XD alright then. Seems like we've got a roster and Batman's gonna be NPC for now. I'll post the character sheet template then:

HTML:
Character Sheet:

[IMG]Insert Character's Image here[/IMG] THAT, or a short but detailed description will do

[I][B]Name:[/B][/I]

[I][B]Age:[/B][/I] (Minimum is 12, Maximum is 94)

[I][B]Super hero/villain Alias:[/B][/I] (feel free to include Nicknames given by other heroes/villains)

[I][B]Hero, Villain, Walking the Line, or Undecided:[/B][/I]

[I][B]Gender and Sexuality:[/B][/I] (feel free to go wild with Sexuality :3)

[I][B]Abilities/Powers:[/I][/B] (If no powers/abilities, just list some things they would have in their arsenal at all times or their way of fighting/getting around)

[B][I]Distinctive Items/Tools:[/B][/I] (Batman has the Batmobile, Bane has his Venom tubes, Scarecrow has Fear Gas, Harley Quinn has her Hammer and obsession with Mr. J, ect.)

[I][B]Brief History: (Try to go for at least 2 paragraphs, but one will be sufficient. You can put it in your own words, or paste it from the wiki page, doesn't matter to me.[/B][/I]

[I][B]What's Happened in the Past 6 Years:[/B][/I] (pretty basic, just tell us what may or may not have happened since Batman left. Maybe you're pissed off, maybe you're glad, or maybe you don't give a shit and ask the question "Who's Batman?". A paragraph will suffice, feel free to go over if you want!)

[B][I]Relationship Status:[/B][/I] (Single, Married, Dating, Crushing on someone, you know the drill).

[B][I]Other:[/I][/B] (include whatever you want in here. If your Batman, maybe you want to explain where the hell you've been for the past 6 years. If your Joker, maybe you can lament ICly about missing "Bats". If you read the entirety of this huge block of text, put "Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na BATMAAAN!!" in the "Other" section :3)

[B][I]Sample Post:[/B][/I] (give us an idea of your reactions and how you'll play your character. Make it as long as you want, but I'll say the maximum is 8 paragraphs)

And here's my sheet to help guide you along:

~~~~​

robin_by_blackgriffon-d3fdrl1.jpg

Name:

Richard "Dick" Grayson

Super hero/villain Alias:

"Robin", The Boy Wonder (also known as "The Bat's Heir")

Hero, Villain, Walking the Line, or Undecided:

Hero

Gender and Sexuality:

Male, Heterosexual

Abilities/Powers:

Dick Grayson possesses the peak athletic strength and endurance of a man in his mid-twenties who regularly engages in intensive physical exercise. His martial arts skills rival those of Batman. He is a master of dozens of martial arts disciplines and was rigorously trained by his mentor in everything from escapology to criminology, fencing, stealth, disguise, and numerous other combat/non-combat disciplines.

Grayson is a prodigious natural athlete, possessing a peak human level of agility/acrobatic skills. He is regarded as the greatest human acrobat in the DC Universe.[30] He is the only human on Earth who can do the quadruple somersault (formerly one of three, the other two being his parents). Having had the finest education as Bruce Wayne's ward, he fluently speaks in English, Romanian (his first language), French, Spanish, Russian, Mandarin, Cantonese, Japanese, the alien language of Tamaran, and American Sign Language. He is also a brilliant and experienced strategist with superlative leadership skills. Additionally, Dick's interpersonal skills and efforts to remain in contact with other heroes makes him a master at rallying, unifying, and inspiring the superhero community, a skill in which he has surpassed his mentor.

Distinctive Items/Tools:

His metal quarter staff and a modified motorcycle called the "Bat-Pod"
Batpod_Reworked___by_KihOskh.jpg

Brief History: Dick was a circus acrobat, and, with his parents, one of the "Flying Graysons". While preparing for a performance, Dick overheard two gangsters attempting to extort protection money from the circus owner. The owner refused, so the gangsters sabotaged the trapeze wires with acid. During the next performance, the trapeze from which Dick's parents were swinging snaps, sending them to their deaths. Before he could go to the police, Batman appeared and warned him that the two gangsters worked for Tony Zucco, a very powerful crime boss, and that revealing his knowledge could lead to his death. When Batman recounted the murder of his own parents, Dick asked to become his aide. After extensive training, Dick became Robin.

After successfully managing to take down Tony Zucco, Robin became Batman's ward and had helped him countless times with the issues circling around Gotham City and its super-criminal issue. However, during the 6 years that Batman was gone from the world, Dick took it upon himself to carry on Bruce's legacy and continued to fight crime as Robin, calling himself "The Bat's Heir". Now more then ever, criminals get freaked out when they hear about a Robin, but their mind is ever present on the most terrifying thing they've ever faced: a bat.

What's Happened in the Past 6 Years: Ever since Bruce went missing without a trace, Robin became a hero in his own right. Richard, as the adopted heir to the Wayne Family, also became the owner of Wayne Enterprises (which he gave control over to Lucius Fox, a trusted employee who knew about Bruce being Batman and helped design various items and technology that the duo use), as well as giving him control over Wayne Manor and the Wayne Fortune. Nothing's changed really, except the fact he now fights alone. He also has a deep resentment of Bruce, because he realizes just how much being a "sidekick" was holding him back.

Relationship Status: Single, but he's had a few flings with other costumed vigilantes such as Batgirl.

Other: "Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na BATMAAAN!!"

Sample Post: BANG!! THUMP. THUMP. THUMP. RATTATATAATATA!!!

"EVERYBODY BACK ON THE GROUND!! STAY THERE!! DONT BE MAKING ANY MORE FUNNY BUSINESS OR ELSE THIS PLACE GOES BYE-BYE!!"

"OY!! CHEEKS!! 'URRY UP WIT THEM BAGS!!"

"Ey, what's ya problem, Bulb? Not scared of the cops, are ya?"

"Its not the cops we should be worried about man, its those damn vigilantes. Is that the last of the money?"

One of the goons who was referred to as "Cheeks" walked towards the armoured truck and patted the side. His companion, "Bulb", pointed his armed and ready AK-47 at the crowd of people in the bank. The truth was, rather then break into the bank on their own and steal the money via a stick-up, they stole one of the GCPD's armoured cars and crashed it directly beside the vault, so they could get in and out of the bank quickly. Cheeks patted the side of the truck and closed the back door, waving for the 3rd gang member, "Bones", to get in the truck and start it up. Bones quickly ran to the car and climbed in, and was soon followed by Bulb and Cheeks. The bank tellers were terrified about what these criminals might've done to them and the customers, but were still in shock of the whole turn of events and remained on the floor. As the armoured car sped away, the SWAT forces around the First National Bank of Gotham burst in and tried to eliminate the issue.

As the armoured car sped off, the lights and sirens of police cars soon erupted through Gotham as they gave chase to the armed bank-robbers. From a nearby rooftop, The Boy Wonder looked at the scene and shook his head. "I've got them in my sights Alfred." he quietly whispered, pressing a finger to his ear. "Very good, Master Richard. Should I prepare a congratulatory cup of tea for when you get back home?" the butler replied in his usual tone of voice, making Robin frown a bit. "No Alfred. Could I get a little less sarcasm, please?" Robin asked in an annoyed tone. Even though he loved Alfred like a very warm, compassionate, British father figure, he certainly didn't approve of the occasional mocking and comments that the butler said. Sure it was all in good sport and the teen often laughed off the comments, but sometimes it pissed him off. "Very well, Sir. Perhaps now you should begin your pursuit of the criminals?"

"I was just about to do that."

"Of course you were."

"I was, Alfred!"

"Mhm. They're getting away, you know."

"... Alfred, I've gotta go."

Quickly releasing the button in the communicator, Robin got up and walked to the other side of the roof. The teen swung a leg over the Batpod, smiling widely as it let out a loud purr, signalling it was on. "Alright Robin, you can do this. Just remember, keep civilians out of the crossfire and end it quickly." he told himself before pulling back on the right handle of the vehicle. With a loud roar of the engine, the wheels rapidly span and began to propel him forwards. Launching himself off the rooftop at a high speed, he landed directly on the highway pass that was not too far of a drop from the building's roof. Landing on the road with an audible "THUMP", he pulled back both handles and sped up, leaning forwards to allow him to be more aerodynamic and so he wouldn't fly off the bike. He sped down the highway in an incredible speed, dodging cars as he chased down the cops. Soon, he overtook them. The officers only looked on the boy as his cape fluttered in the night as he sped past on the Batpod. Bones looked out the rear view window of the armoured truck and his eyes popped open in surprise as he saw the Boy Wonder in hot pursuit. He turned his head to Cheeks and Bulb, shouting "ITS THE BIRD!! WASTE'IM!!".

The back doors of the armoured truck flung open and Cheeks grabbed his AK-47, firing it blindly into the night as the car swerved and screeched, trying to get more speed while avoiding traffic. Robin quickly pulled back on the gas and shoved the Batpod further behind the truck to avoid the gunfire. He pressed a button on the side on the left handle and from the metal tubes where explosives would usually be launched from, two metal darts were fired and hit the trucks back lights. Shit!! I missed!! Robin thought as Cheeks unleashed more gunfire, hitting some of the nearby cars as he attempted to kill Robin. Innocent civilians are in the crossfire. I need to end this. NOW. he thought again as he readied the darts for another try. He closed one eye and pressed the button again, launching two more darts, successfully hitting the wheels of the armoured car. The car began to swerve out of control and flipped over, sending gym bags full of money into the streets and knocking the criminals around inside the vehicle as it flipped over. Robin pulled up in the Batpod and turned it off, slowly climbing it off as he walked towards the three criminals who now laid on the ground, jumbled and confused. They were beat up, sure, but none of them were dead, which pleased Robin. As Bulb began to reach for a gun beside him slowly, Robin shook his head and pulled out his quarter staff, holding it at the thugs chest, watching as he yelled in pain, obviously from a fractured rib or some kind of internal injury. "Buddy, if I were you, I'd just stay right where you are until Gordon's men come and take you to Arkham City... Hope you like the colour Orange.."

Nya As odd as this soulds i wanna be a oc genderbent Alferd, i love batman but Alfread is awesome *w*

XD a genderbent Alfred would be interesting xD

Sure, why not?

When my fancy eyes spot a superhero RP. Especially batman >8D
I'll play canon
Zatanna zatara, but would you like her to be an adult or teen?
I'll play batgirl (Barbara Gordon) too >8D when she has her legs back (like new 52)

Also I have an idea/OC character.... I'll PM you the idea/OC character info.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can be either, teen or adult is up to you.

And cool, this is going along nicely. Okay, so I was thinking that there's some kind of big event that brings up huge paranoia amongst Gotham-ites about Batman's return. In an act of desperation, Joker acts out and a group of villains escape from Arkham City. With the vigilantes running around like idiots trying to find them, Joker plans a big event (either the Death of A captured superhero at his hands ((winkwinknudgenudgejasontoddreanactment)), or the execution of a political leader), but it busted when a familiar black car bursts in and takes the show by lethal force.

Any thoughts on that way of reintroducing Batman? Anyone have suggestions for a different way?

I HAS AN IDEA AND OC... ERR.. ILL PM YOU IT YO. ITS MINOR APPEARANCE.

Status
Not open for further replies.