Batman: Legacy of the Dark Knight (IC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Maybe you can find her if you know her on a personal scale for more info? Or talk to Slade first then her? Hope you tell me soon." Barbra asked Jason. Jason turned around and saw her making a cast for her broken arm. "I will and remember, if you need anything, I'm there." With that Jason left.

He walked back to his motorcycle and went back to his base to get back into his Red Hood uniform and to track down Slade. 'Slade must know something, hopefully I will run into him soon.' He thought to himself. The problem with tracking down Slade was that he was a mercenary and never had a permanent place he didn't know where to begin looking for him. He knew he wouldn't be at the Batcave any longer, and if Huntress was around, he would be tracking her down and Batman. Jason decided the best thing to do was try and get Slades attention somehow.

He went to a top of a very big but abandon roof. He had a lot of flares, and he knew in his training with Slade that if he needed help he would shoot flares in the sky. 'A little flashy, but it will get his attention... I hope...' Jason thought to himself. With that he loaded a flare gun and shot a Red one. He waited a minute, then shot another red flare, then another minute, and another red flare.

"I hope this works," Jason said to himself as he shot one more red flare.

He was lurking across the roof tops of Gotham when he saw them. Bright red signal flares. He charged towards them hoping that there was someone he could help.

When he arrived it wasn't what he was expected but it was what he needed. He looked at Red Hood and a slight weight was pulled off his chest.
"We need to talk about Joker he's escaped Arkham and is working with Harley's gang. I was right about there being something big but I wasn't expecting Joker big."

Ordinarily, Slade might've considered pursuing this new prey, but considering the circumstances, this was an extraordinary situation. Huntress, or Phoenix, as it may be, appeared to hesitate far less in her skills; a solid and deadly asset. Whatever Huntress might have flawed in, Phoenix would be harder to catch making such mistakes. She would be difficult to track, more so with this new identity of hers.

So that left a mercenary with a fled hit standing around in Wayne Manor's secret cave. Well, Robin and the crippled Bat-lady were still here. Maybe it would be fitting to give a proper beatdown on the Boy Wonder, give him some scars to match Batgirl.

With a swing of a Grapnel Hook, Deathstroke retraced his movements to the Batcomputer platform. Speaking of the Batcomputer, was that even in line? Whatever, Wayne's inexhaustible fortune would somehow fix it. "You know, Robin, I daresay you should thank me for the huge favor I just paid you," Slade taunted at the shadows, aware that Robin had yet to leave the Batcave via the manor entrance. And besides, that kid wouldn't just let some 'dangerous individuals' wander about his secret playhouse.

"But no, seriously. Get out here so I can finish mopping the floor with you."

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
"Oh that's clever, Slade. Last time I checked, I didn't owe you anything. You may have taken care of "Huntress", but you're still a lowlife who kills for money." Robin stated, his voice echoing from all around the cave. Thanks to his positioning, his voice bounced off the cave walls and sounded like he was everywhere at once, allowing him to keep his position a secret. As Slade wandered around, searching for the Boy Wonder, Robin went over his options. There's almost no way that I can get out of this without taking some serious damage.. Slade's too good to fight on my own. If Batgirl were here, that'd be one thing.. Poor Alfred can't fight worth shit unless he's provoked, but even he wouldn't be able to fend off Deathstroke. Damn.. Looks like the only way out is to fight him, and pray for the best. Looking around one more time to try and figure out something he could use to his advantage, Robin noticed the storage area that Bruce held his multiple costumes in. Or, that could work.. he thought before quickly making his way into the closet, remaining undetected by Deathstroke. Once inside, he grabbed one of the old training dummies and tossed the damaged Ice Resistant Batsuit on it. He knew Deathstroke wouldn't be stupid enough to fall for that, but everyone was talking about Batman's return. It only seemed suiting that Robin used the mantle of his old mentor as a distraction from time to time.

Knowing he would need to lure out Deathstroke, he placed the dummy in a clear line of sight and jumped for cover. Tossing a smoke pellet towards Deathstroke, Robin grabbed another old device Bruce had been working on before his disappearance: a voice changer designed to fool their enemies. Nobody had heard it, or even used it before, so Robin only prayed that it worked. "That's enough, Deathstroke." Robin said, his voice transforming into that of Batman, "You're done here. Forget about whatever you hoped to accomplish when you got to the Cave. You will leave here now, or I swear I will hunt you down. Do we understand each other, or are we going to have a disagreement?" As he spoke, Robin crept along the shadows, keeping hidden in hopes that Deathstroke would take the Bat-bait and provide him a clear chance to attack.

"Oh that's clever, Slade. Last time I checked, I didn't owe you anything. You may have taken care of "Huntress", but you're still a lowlife who kills for money."

Deathstroke seemed to shrug, in a mock-harmed sort of way. "Might as well charge for what you're good at. I'm more offended that you're just resorting to name-calling, boy," the mercenary shot back, "You're not going to beat me without a real fight."

The Terminator's pacing eventually brought him to a sort of ground floor in the Batcave, where much of the vehicular equipment lay. It was a much more open area carved out naturally by the cave and preserved in Batman's design of the Batcave. Easy, emergency access to any of his assorted bat-themed cars or ships. Good spot for an open combat, too, if it came down to it.

"That's enough, Deathstroke."

It was a vague, echoed voice, but it definitely sounded like Batman. He changed so much and yet so little over the years, it was difficult to tell just by the common senses how old he was.

"You're done here. Forget about whatever you hoped to accomplish when you got to the Cave. You will leave here now, or I swear I will hunt you down. Do we understand each other, or are we going to have a disagreement?"

Again, Deathstroke shrugged out his arms in a 'come at me' motion. "So your surrogate pet called for backup, eh? Welcome back. At least, I would, if you'd come out." It's not like anyone could really threaten Slade at all; one could say be was a bit arrogant in that regard, and perhaps with good reason. "You want me to leave? You'll have to make me!" The mercenary taunted, snatching a pistol from his side and firing off two warning shots into the darkness above.

He wasn't about to believe the Bat was back until he experienced for himself. There had been duplicates, rumors, people who thought they could make people think Batman was still there. Slade needed more than a look, more than some fleeting voice. The moment Slade could fight the Batman again, he would know.

Meanwhile inside the manor and out of the cupboad, Sat alfred time went by slowly it seemed as he made his way standing up and examining his surrounding. So far nothing sounded like or seemed like anyone was there in the manor near his location. With this Alfred took it upon himself to find "Toy's" he hid in the manor before he went to the batcave. It was better then getting around unarmed and K.O again. With this he made his way around slowly to his room, Once in there he grabbed a wakie-takie like item and his prized rifle that was still loaded with a few rounds just in case. With this walkie talkie he turned it only s he crept silently through the shadows of the house speaking quitly into the item sure robin, batgirl or maybe even Bruce would hear him if they had their ear peices in. " Can anyone read me this is Alfred. Hello? " he paused for a moment as he looked arund he felt rather helpless with the fact that he needed help but hat to get over it. " it's Alfred im not sure if anyone knows but i need someone to respond, someone is in the manor. I'm making my way to the to the batcave as we speak. Ill need back up." Finally as time passed he had made it to one of the enty way's to get to the batcave, With this he held down the button again and spoke. "Im near one of the entry ways to get into the bat cave."

Kara opened her eyes. She had been out, doing normal girl things. She had learned how to channel out more than just ambient noise, down to everything around her. She wasn't sure how long she had been out, but she decided it was time to go check up at the manor, and don her suit. Or so was the plan, until she got back to the manor and realized she didn't have her keys. "Crap...!" She murmured. She clenched her hand and started to bang on the door. "Alfred! Alfred!" She yelled. She had maybe sat there for a few moments before getting angry. "Alfred...!" Then she heard it.

" it's Alfred im not sure if anyone knows but i need someone to respond, someone is in the manor. I'm making my way to the to the batcave as we speak. Ill need back up."

Noone was around, as far as she could see. Of course... She wasn't seeing completely. She closed her eyes and opened them quickly, using her X-ray vision to see into the house. She could see Alfred shuffling around. What was he doing? Her eyes scanned the house for the second person, the person he was talking about. She didn't see anyone. Her ears perked more. They weren't in the manor... But the Batcave. It seemed to look like Robin and, was that Slade...?

"Alfred can get the window fixed later." She pushed off the ground, and flew up to the window nearest to Alfred, and punched it in. "Alfred! What the hell have I missed?!" She said, throwing off her wig. She was about to rip off her shirt, but then she remember it was a good one, and costed Alfred some money, so she pulled it off gently, revealing her cropped top with her signature S and cape, then she pulled off her pants and sneaker, her skirt and boots underneath. "I swear, every time I decide to be Linda for a day you guys want to get attacked..."

"Still no responce...." sighed Alfred as he suddenly heard the glass near him break instantly he shuffled to the side with his rifle aimed at Kara till he relized who it was, With a sigh he pointed the tip of the gun away from her. He could almost yell at her for breaking the window but now wasnt the time. " Kara you startled me."

"Alfred! What the hell have I missed?!"

"I'm not sure to be honest, All i know is that someone is in the manor," As he said this he rubbed the back of his head where he was striked and knocked out for what seemed like ever.
"I swear, every time I decide to be Linda for a day you guys want to get attacked..."

Alfred frowned at this that actualy wasnt true Gotham was at peace for quite some tome and no one ever came here minus himself, Kara and the bat family. He shock his head as he made his way to a secret entrance to the bat cave. "That's not true Miss. Kara and you know that. Now did you see anyone in here other then me Kara?"
The door opened infornt of them as he stopped and looked at her waiting for a responce.

"That's not true Miss. Kara and you know that. Now did you see anyone in here other then me Kara?"

Kara rolled her eyes. It may be true, but still.

"Noone's in here with us... But I can see Robin and I think he's dressed as Batman. Slade's there too... Distracted. We have to help Robin."

Kara walked through the entrance, noting that Alfred had his rifle. "I didn't say this, but shoot to kill." She went through all the possible ways she could help Robin, or at least rescue him. There was no way he could handle Slade on his own. Her powers had weakened considerably due to the kryptonite poisoning she endured way back when in Metropolis. If she faced off against Slade, her superhuman qualities would match his own.

"No one's in here with us... But I can see Robin and I think he's dressed as Batman. Slade's there too... Distracted. We have to help Robin."

"Alright then, We must hurry then."

Alfred proceeded to make his way after Kara his rifle at the ready when he heard Kara's comment "I didn't say this, Shoot to Kill." he merely nodded his head. While he was travling down to the bat cave his mind began to wonder a bit. Who in the right mind would want to enter the batcave? Were they insane? Or rather clever. None the less they needed to be stopped for what ever reason it was that they needed to be in the manor. Thank god that he actually wanst alone on this. If it were just him and slade surly he would die.

When they finally got there it was rather hard to see what was going on all he could see was shadows in the somewhat lit cave. This is when Alfred took it upon himself to get ready and set up somewhere to shoot the intruder. Silently he looked to Kara and nodded to her as he then lowered himself to a crouch and slowly made his way into the dakness to creep around not wanting to draw atteintion if he was going to be success ful. after all 3 of their lives were at stake here with this foe. Cutting through the dark in silence Alfred finally found the perfect postion to go prone and ready himself.

He had to be quick about this, His location was on the ground of course were there was rather large amounts stalactites coving him almost like a wall. with this it provided him cover of detection while also having cracks between them for him to place the mussle of the rifle at and enough room and range to see where he was aiming.

Last edited by a moderator:
Robin watched Slade as he fired off a couple of rounds towards the Batman dummy. He knew it wouldn't work at all, if not for long. Quickly acting, Robin tossed down another gas pellet and rushed the dummy forwards, attaching it to a grappling hook leading across to the other side of the cave. If Robin was lucky, the sudden attack would have caught Slade off guard. If not, it would at least buy him time to activate a specialized device. Knowing he couldn't take on Deathstroke without some kind of assistance, he radioed in for backup. "Alfred, I'm in the cave.. Deathstroke's still here. See if you can get in contact with Supergirl. Stay away from the cave, I don't want you getting hurt anymore then you already have." he whispered as Slade reacted to the dummy's charge. Robin made his way back into the shadows and waited, watching Deathstroke act. Once he finished up with the Bat-dummy, Robin lurched from his hiding spot and provided the masked man with something he deserved: a swift kick to the head. Flipping over Deathstroke as the hard boots he wore connected with the mercenary's skull, Robin landed on his feet and quickly grabbed his quarter staff. "Alright, Slade. Enough is enough. I asked you to leave politely, but now I'm gonna kick your bum-ass out." Robin threatened as he held up the quarter staff in a prepared pose, ready to jump into battle at any time.

The sonic device he had activated earlier continued to work its magic, but seemingly without any progress. Robin knew it took a while for it to properly get working, but they were in the cave for gods sake. Come on, hurry up already you little flying rats! I need a distraction.."

The Joker talked in the same way Harley remembered: Dreamily and sternly. His voice was shrill, an commanded attention, yet seemed to soothe Harley. Joker's voice still frightened her, and his gloved hand seemed alien to her now. It shook and shivered her core, forcing her to shake her head and body. Harley's mallet found its way into her left hand as her gun hit the ground, forgotten. Harley shouted back at the joker, and her old self. "You're damned right I gotta problem! I never wanna work with you again! You say remember the good times. Hah! One of ya best jokes, and you weren't even tryin. All the wonderful times you can recall were built on my back." Harley's mallet began swinging to her side rhythmically as she counted on her fingers. "I did the plans! I ordered the goods, the gags, the fish, the food. I ordered the men around while you were too busy flirtin with Batsy! You hid behind ya jokes and schemes, but I knew where your heart really was! I busted my tookas to please ya! I thought it was love, and you never got enough of it growin' up."

Harley continued her rant, fury growing with every sentence. "Only thing ya got right is how happy I thought I was. Lies, all of it! It never was happiness or love. Slavery was all you ever thought of wit me! You used my affection to keep me inline. Foiling my attempts for independence behind the shadows, just so ya could keep me. Like one of ya toys! I came back to you, burying myself deeper and deeper. You knew that's what would happen, and that's why ya kept doin' it! When I left ya to rot all those years ago, I meant it! What I have here is real! Built by MY sweat and blood! A clown like you was never able to accept loss! Hell, the only reason ya came to me was thinkin ya had easy prey. Or maybe I was ya last resort for allies. You never was good at playin with others, huh? Your whole plan relies on feelins that just ain't there!"

At this point Harley's mallet was swinging wildly to the side. Harley knocked out a window in her rage. Glass shattered like confetti outward. Harley spat at Joke, really aiming for his face. Remembering the artillery outside, Harley merely chuckled smugly If only his moles leaked how good Bryce was with choppahs, former Air Force and what not!. "You think I need my birdie to escape? I thought you had moles! If they did anything but slack off, they would have noted more than you've spilled. I kept Arkham city alive while you squandered ya time mopin, earnin' me some valuable allies and skills. Even if you swayed my Hooligans, I got others who would supply me with mercs for just a small piece of my underground empire. Even if you could kill me, many people would lose millions, underground and otherwise. Arkham, maybe even Gotham, would hunt you down with my fall. Besides, these men are loyal, armed, and fed. Sure, some may leave their queen. But I don't need those loafs. The men that stay with me are the good ones." Harley cocked her head to the side keeping her eyes on the clown. The way she shouted and tilted her head projected her voice out the window she broke. "AND GOOD MEN ALWAYS FIND MORE MONEY!"

Roars of cheers erupted from her hooligans! All of them encouraging their queen, all for the promise of a big, fat raise. Damned fools. Like jingling keys with a teenager! Although they might actually earn said raise. Harley snatched up her machine gun, aimed at the joker while basking in her self made glory. Harley's next words were soft in tone but firm in n=meaning. "There ain't nothin' between us anymore, Joker. I made my own army and connections. If Batman is really back, I will be his greatest adversary... while you, will be nothing more than regret..." Harley then aimed her gun at Joker's head, the trigger finger itchy. "... for me and Batsy!"

(Sorry for the short post. Typing while studying.)

The pistol rounds fired did not intend to hit a mark, but they clearly got some reaction. The distant hiss of a smoke pellet and the poorly-muted sound of a grappling hook. Deathstroke rapidly flicked his vision around the cavern until the telltale image of a black-and-gray cloaked figure swung into view, coasting down fast into the cave clearing. He quickly pointed the firearm at the figure, unloading a trio of bullets directly into it, and then a more precise shot to fray the grappling cable. Coming into the lower pinnacle of its swing, the cord snapped and it tumbled forwards like a tossed rag-doll, Slade rolling under it.

Definitely not the Batman. He didn't try to dodge, there was barely an element of surprise, and it was just too floppy in general. It was a decoy at best, a suit just filled in. One of Batman's suits, regardless, but with nobody in it.

"Oh, I'm really disappointed now, Robin-" Slade began, but was met with a boot to the back of his cranium before he could continue. Instinct rolled the mercenary forward with the momentum of the attack, lunging him out of the way and softening the blow somewhat. Smoothly returning to his feet, and facing the Bird-boy, Slade repeated, "Really disappointed."

"Alright, Slade. Enough is enough. I asked you to leave politely, but now I'm gonna kick your bum-ass out." The Boy Wonder threatened, flicking out his own quarterstaff. He thinks he's a badass because he can swear. How painfully cute.

Deathstroke calmly and methodically swung his ballistic staff to bear, facing Robin with his free-hand side. "Don't make a promise you can't keep, kid," Slade quipped in retort, and dashed forward.

After Red Hood had left Olivia in the dust without a simple goodbye, she contemplated calling it a night and going to grab a slice of pizza or even just heading home to zonk out after a long, hard day at work. "These office hours are ridiculous..." Olivia mumbled to herself, cupping her hands together and placing them atop her head as she paced the empty streets, thinking. She had no idea what to do. She needed the Bat actually. She needed Bruce Wayne's help, and that was saying something. The seemingly stubborn blonde always politely shook her head and declined his offers to help with the Starling City clean-up as well as several business dates, but now she regretted it. His disappearance didn't effect her personally at first, until Starling City was functioning properly once again and there was no place else she thought her services were needed. A simple call to the Batman about what to do would ease her mind in those times, except he had been missing. She had to sulk around in civilian clothes and work a civilian job at the night club without a single complaint.

Batman was like a big brother to her, an idol, but he never knew that. He saw her as an acquaintance and of course she never saw something more with the big-shot; he was a hero and she wanted to be a hero too. Over the past years she had grown-up, matured, become way lenient, and blossomed overall. When the Batman returned though she would be lying if she said she would never, ever give him a welcome home hug.

Her eyes had been trailed upward as she raced through many thoughts when something snapped her out of them. It was fiery and red, blazing into the sky like... Maybe a distress signal? The Green Arrow pulled off her hood, letting her dirty blonde hair cascade across her shoulders. She should check this out. "Looks like I'll have to pick up an extra shift," she grinned, pulling an arrow from her quiver and placing it in her bow, then she reconsidered, putting the arrow away and quickly running towards a trash can, which would be great leverage toward the ladder above it. She sprung up the metal box, grasping the last ring of the ladder and pulling herself up easy-peasy. The flare shot up again, and again, and again. Olivia began to hurry, using her grappling arrow between farther rooftops and her own black lace-up boots for shorter rooftops. In five minutes she was breathing rapidly and standing on the fire-escape directly attached to the building that emitted the blazing shots. She decided to catch her breath before jumping into the situation.

Kara looked over to Alfred as he hid himself.

"Alfred, I'm in the cave.. Deathstroke's still here. See if you can get in contact with Supergirl. Stay away from the cave, I don't want you getting hurt anymore then you already have."

It was too late to get Alfred out. She silently crept around, sticking to the shadows, still in the air, making sure she wouldn't be seen by The Boy Wonder or Deathstroke. She watched as Robin kicked Slade.

Whether superhuman or not, she had to give the Assassin his props. He was one of the most adept fighters Kara had ever seen.

"Don't make a promise you can't keep, kid,"

This was her chance. Slade hadn't seen her. His eyes weren't as trained as hers and that was his fatal flaw today. She pressed herself against the wall and kicked off, flying so fast that she had gotten about a foot away from Slade in the mere blink of an eye.

"Who the hell do you think you are!?"

Kara squinted her eyes as they started to glow red, as she widened them lasers shot out, heading directly for Deathstroke's legs.

"Alfred, I'm in the cave.. Deathstroke's still here. See if you can get in contact with Supergirl. Stay away from the cave, I don't want you getting hurt anymore then you already have."

"Kara and Myself are already in the batcave, As for me don't worry i'm fine no nooed for conceren. Kara can you distract him long enough for me to get a shot at him. I can't get him if he's moving."

With that being said Alfred gaved through his scope as the little marker was bobbing around trying to stay on target with Slade. It was going to be heard but not impossible. His finger was placed on the trigger as the marker was floating just about Slade's head till he saw Kara pop in shouting this made him frown a bit but maybe she could immobile him long enough for the shot.

Joker simply stared at his former partner in crime as she spoke about getting over him. Smiling as she continued her rant, Joker crossed his arms and tuned out. What brought his attention back was the fact she had a helicopter that shined a bright spotlight directly inside the room. As Harley finished her "I've changed" ramble, basically stating that Joker had no power left, he began to chuckle. This, however, was not his average "good time doing crime" laugh. No, it was something far more sinister. It was the laugh of desperation, a laugh only a truly insane person could produce. As he finished laughing, he began to clap. "Well done, Harley! Good show. Its true, I've been nothing but a sorry sap as of late, but I've resolved to change my ways. In fact, starting tonight, Gotham will remember what its like to have the Joker back... But you're forgetting two very important facts. Firstly, only I get to kill the Bat. He wouldn't even consider you a threat given your past. Hell, even while I don't consider you a threat, I've heard Gordon actually thinks you're just compensating for not having me in your life!" Joker said, once again using his persuasive words to implant ideas within her mind. While it may not have worked (which it probably didn't), Joker's words were as twisted as ever. Even the simplest of threats was quickly becoming more menacing then ever before. "And secondly... I'm the Joker. You of all people should know," Joker began to say before a high pitched sound echoed in the distance. The radio in Harley's hand would have been filled with panic as a small trail of smoke attached to what appeared to be a missile rapidly approached the helicopter. As the rocket hit the chopper right in the side, a familiar explosion of green gas filled the air above the stadium. The moment the rocket impacted, creating a diversion, Joker produced a small sharpened blade from his pocket and plunged it into Harley's upper ribcage, just inches away from her heart.

As his former sidekick gasped in pain, Joker leaned into her ear and whispered "I don't take kindly to those who betray me.." before letting her fall to the floor. Rapidly pulling the knife from her, Joker turned away and watched as the copter spun around, but maintained flight. Groaning, Joker grabbed a walkie talkie from Willie and shouted "You idiots missed! Do it again!" before his thugs rapidly began to speak gibberish. "I DONT CARE, JUST FIRE THE FUCKING ROCKET!" Joker shouted before he walked to the widow of the booth. As he began to move, another high pitched sound echoed as the second rocket was fired at Harley's chopper. This time, it hit the propellors head on and forced it into a downwards spiral, heading straight for the Announcement Booth. "Remind me to kill those screw ups, Willie.." Joker muttered to his new right-hander before the small group of thugs dashed from the booth, leaving Harley behind. As the helicopter impacted, it gave an extraordinary explosion of orange and green, decimating the booth and everything inside. "Au revoir, Mon petite Harley.." Joker exclaimed in a fake French accent before he turned to the group of terrified thugs below. They all had weapons locked onto the Joker, aimed and ready to kill. Rolling his eyes, Joker pulled out his signature revolver and shot a round into the air. Knowing how his former thugs loved pretending like they were tougher then they looked, Joker understood they were already rattled by what had happened. At the gunshot, the thugs all ducked in fear and tried to avoid the bullet they thought had been fired into the crowd. "ALRIGHT! I'm only going to say this once! Join the Joker Gang again, get rich, kill innocents, and I'll let you off with a warning about being traitors rather then kill you all. Or, you get the gas. I'd make up your mind quickly, because you only have about six minutes before that gas cloud spreads into your lungs. Its an extremely potent new brand, if I do say so myself." he called out before the thugs turned to look at him with fear. Somewhere in the crowd, a man yelled "HOLY SHIT, HE'S BACK! THE JOKER'S REALLY BACK!", which was followed by raucous applause. Nodding his head, Joker commanded "Everyone else, get out of here now and wait outside. My loyal goons will personally escort you back to the Mill. Those with explosives: set them to detonate thirty seconds after we leave, or toss them now. As my first of 12 Christmas gifts I forgot to get this year for those I love, we're going to burn down this Stadium and everything in it! So I suggest you work quickly unless you want to have your chestnuts roasting." before he began to make his way out of the building.
The flames from the helicopter crash were already getting worse and spreading, so it wouldn't be long until the vehicle properly exploded. As Joker passed by a man with a grenade belt, he grabbed it from the goon and opened a door leading to the boiler room. Pulling the pin off of one of them, he tossed the belt inside and shut the door. "I suggest you all move quickly.. We're a little ahead of schedule."

((GM NOTE ALREADY DISCUSSED WITH OTHER PLAYER))

Luckily for Ms. Quinn, the floor beneath her gave out as a reaction to the explosion and sent her propelling into the basement. The only downside to this structural flaw saving her life was the fact that it buried her underneath some rubble. Barely able to move, she would require additional help in order to escape. Unfortunately, Joker's stab was also causing her to lose quite a bit of blood, making her much weaker then she normally was. It would take a miracle in order for her to escape. Good for her though, because luck was on her side.

"Who the hell do you think you are!?"

The mercenary flipped his vision towards the source of the yell, finding himself nearly face-to-face with a caped lady whose eyes glowed bright red. A split second later, and Deathstroke dove away from the Kryptonian as her heat-vision swept down the immediate area. Slade regained posture to find that the plating around his legs was lined with searing marks where the lasers had grazed him. Any longer and he might've taken some lasting damage.

This was really getting out of hand. Batgirl might've been out of commission, but now Phoenix had revealed herself and Slade was being threatened by, at this point, everyone who had associated with Batman at all before.

"Me? I think I'm top gun," Slade taunted at Supergirl, resuming his battle stance. It was a stretch, but Slade did have enough skill to at least knock out this female Kryptonian, if not Superman himself. But with Robin and who knows what other backup, Deathstroke was starting to feel the pressure. He wasn't about to give up yet, though; not until he was unable to keep fighting.

The pain Harley felt was collective. The knife Joker pierced her gut with hurt. All the years Harley spent building her empire and seeing it crumble stung. The all too familiar feeling of submitting to Joker slapped her insides. Harley's collapse to the cold concrete slammed her psyche into a coma. Harley sank into her subconscious as the Joker shot down Bryce. At first she was totally numb, unable to process what happened. Harley could only feel everything falling, deeper and deeper into nothingness. Near what felt like the bottom, Harley began to digest her fall. He... he killed me. I worked my fingers to the bone, coerced countless people, and kidnapped a fully guarded pop star alone. I was queen, on top of my own underworld. What took me five years he crumbled in ten minutes. I thought I was done with him. Mist... I mean Joker, became a ghost, haunting his corner of Arkham, never twitching. How could he die like that, and come back so strong so quickly. Joker was beyond devastated, practically in a coma! Harley could only dwell on her failure as she curled up in the darkness. The stone ground beneath felt rough, but warm from her own blood. Even in her state of near-death, Harley clutched her own body and cried softly. The pain of defeat hurt more than the concrete ever could.

Lou and Bud snarled the whole while they were locked up near the entrance. The Hooligans stopped holding the brothers on a leash on day one, after they drug the poor jerks stuck holding them through barbed wire. The gate that held them back was tall but weak, giving the brothers an easy escape in case of trouble. They fought with any hooligan that got too close and each other. Lou went for Bud's leg whenever he got cocky. Bud relented each time and quieted down for a moment with each bite. The crash of Bryce's chopper sent the brothers into a blind frenzy. Lou paced and foamed at his mouth trying to think of something to break. Bud thought ahead and headbutted the gate full force. The flames of the wreckage crept closer to the brother's holding pen. Lou snarled and spat louder than before, running around the perimeter. Bud rammed the gate harder, unrelenting. It soon fell with the creak of its broken hinges. The brothers flew across the gate and made it for the exit. Bud ran at full speed, but stopped when Lou didn't follow. Bud ran the other way, but was stopped a scent he picked up. Lou already found the source, across the football yard. Lou began to dig under the wreckage of the sound boot. His paws cleaved away large mounds of dirt. Bud came to his aide and slowly removed the larger chunks. Once the brother's hit blood, they both howled in somber unison.

Bryce went black for mere seconds once the missile hit the back of Harley's helicopter. Bryce woke up in flames. The helicopter crashed into the entrance near third base and toppled most of that side of the arena. Bryce clawed out quickly, knowing the worst had happened The Hooligans abandoned their queen for the Joker, out of pure and undisciplined fear. Bryce tried to warn Harley of this, but the high of a successful kidnapping dulled his advice. No matter. I'm sure she told the Joker hows things were now, and he simply exploded. As long as she's safe, that's all that... Bryce heard the hyena brother's howl as he pulled the outer debris of the helicopter off of him. He dashed down the ruined stairs in their general direction, all the while hoping the crash gave him a concussion. It may have. The brothers huddled around the shards of the sound booth. The bigger one (It seemed only Harley could tell them apart) pulled away the concrete will the smaller one licked the ground. Bryce picked up his speed and bolted across the field. Not even panting when he arrived, Bryce pulled away concrete, ignoring the brothers' growls. At last Bryce pulled Harley out of the rubble. Bryce laid Harley against the ground, and immediately bandaged Harley's abdomen with his shredded shirt. . Bryce panicked but slightly as he gently cradled his queen as he picked her up. Harley's blood smeared across Bryce's chest. The crimson liquid felt cold and thin. Bryce walked with a steady swiftness, tailed by Lou and Bud. By now Joker's made discord within Gotham. Only inside Arkham can I find help. Ivy must be the best choice, as she is the queen's only friend.

Bryce and the brothers made it out and across the street before the stadium started to collapse any further. The streets appeared to have held a riot, with all the windows smashed and all the cars decimated. Bryce clutched his queen tighter as he traveled further away from Gotham Stadium. He wandered silently, searching for a means of transport. Harley wouldn't make it very long if he couldn't travel faster. Bryce knew the hospitals wouldn't accept her if they had any room. A car or bike was the only way to save her.

Status
Not open for further replies.