Batman: Legacy of the Dark Knight (IC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As Deathstoke stared over his shoulder at her she seemed somewhat alerted at his words."And for that move, you're going to get your own lesson in humility." He said, voice echoing from the mask slightly. He seemed to almost know she wasn't fighting with her full potential on and she pondered.

She was trained by the batwoman and batman, her mother and just a somebody who took minions in constantly. So she could easily be tied with deathstroke, or maybe take him down like how her mother used to do so. But for some reason there was that small hesitation and once deathstroke jumped with his staff twirling over his head to crash it down on her, she dodged then went back to her spot quickly. The human eye couldn't see this sudden movement cause she did it so fast but Slade probably caught Jim being a meta human himself. Of course she got hit over her left shoulder, fracturing it badly but she held in her cry over the pain. Cause that was worthless, only the weak cried in agony and besides her shoulder would heal quickly without her knowing she has super powers.

Not a single movement was made, It was questionable why she didn't just dodge his hit yet she somehow stayed standing straight. She grabbed his ballistic staff with her other hand ever so slightly shakily as she held it over her head looking straight at him. Then suddenly, she crouched down quickly only adding pressure to the pain with the floor as she laid on her side and kicked Deathstroke with frustration and much anger. There was some enhanced strength there she caught but ignored. Now she had his ballistic staff and walked towards him with it.

"Whatever.. I am not going to fight you." She muttered under her breath."Maybe some other time, if I even can." She growled, usually with such a determined temper she never backed away but today in this fight she surprisingly went meekly submissive in anger."So..." The girl paused, before dropping the staff at him."Your call. You gonna hit me again or let me slide off?" She asked with a sort of dull nonchalantness."Or you can even continue the bounty and capture me now" She simply said standing there. Yet there was some sort of a different tone in her voice like she had a split personality there for a second.

"I'd rather die by your hand, then you by mine."

And with a small apparent sneer those words alone had meaning to it. Not to mention at mid sentence her voice changed slightly. It was her Phoenix 'thing' that was in her yet unlike her mother she was unable to control it much. But the funny thing was that not even her Phoenix side bothered coming out. Perhaps she was triggered by a pang of betrayal or feeling for it to make a swift appearance. Who knows. Define the sentence however you want, it could be self sacrifice, love, because she has 'daddy issues'? Nope. In this case it sounded more like a threat and challenge that she can actually kill Slade before he kills her if they were ever to fight in the future depending on the situation. With that the girl leaned over a mocking tone and slight change of personality with confidence and a smug sneer so suddenly. This was slightly not Rosemary, and similar to ravens split (of her demonic side and herself side) Slade can conclude with his past experience she seemed to have one different side to her as well. Yet it wasn't fully out.

"Choose, or take your best hit."

Whispered the Phoenix beckoning at Slade as she made a mocking gesture of slitting her neck rather s l o w l y before grinning again."Last of YOUR genes and you, the father attack her?" Whispered the Phoenix as she took off her gloves and placed them in a pouch around her leg. Soon she leaned back down over Slade and began cupping his mask pulling him over her ear so she can speak to him privately without boy wonder listening, and sighing deeply she continued. "This is all wrong." She hissed slightly,"Shame, shame, shame." And as she said those words she slowly scratched his mask deeply with her claws before letting him go. Leaving deep scratch marks, or claw marks actually on his mask yet didn't do damage to his face.

" Terrible father who brought danger to his family, was shunned for life, and outlived his kids." Turned the Phoenix."Seriously, I don't even think you're meant to be in one. Or fit to live that life you probably dream of." Shrugged Rosemary smiling. Trying to get into Slade's nerves was Phoenix's job. Or At least, getting under everyone's skin. Maybe if he decides to attack her, She'll bring his real daughter back. See if his actions change once he sees the fear in her upon realizing she's not 'possessed' anymore. And just breaking that relationship is what she wants so there'd simply be no more "huntress" only more "Phoenix" causing 'calamity' and distress.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Alfred could be of service to a former clan member of the Bat-family?" Jason heard Green Arrow speak his name and his heart sank down a bit.
"Why would you think that Bruce Wayne's Butler would be apart of the Bat-family? That makes no sense." Jason tried to get Green Arrow away from that topic, "You know if you really wanna know what is going on with Joker, you could see what Harley Quinn is up to... if Joker is going break out, and if he knows anything about Batman, she would have to be apart of it." Jason himself thought about going to her anyways, but he still needed to see Bat-girl, and he wasn't going do that with Green Arrow around.... "Look I got a quick errand to run... if you wanna try to talking to her I will help you after I run this errand, deal?" Jason said as he got on his Motorcycle and started it, "If you don't wanna wait for me, there is one other person you could talk to... He isn't really a friendly person but I do trust him, his name is Slade, yes the mercenary, if you wanna track him down and talk to him, his connections with all of the Gothams worse could help. Just tell him Red Hood said to talk to him if you decide to talk to him and he wont kill you right away." With that Jason was gone.

He headed to his "home" fist and decided if he was going see Bat-Girl it wasn't going be as the Red Hood. It would be as Jason Todd. He removed his Red Hood outfit, and put on a few old beat up clothes. He got on the motorcycle and took off. He first went by Commissioner Gordons office building. Sure enough he was still there. Jason put a tracker on his car so he would know when he was moving.

He then went to the Gordon's place. He parked his Motorcycle a street away and then walked to the house. No lights were on, he climbed a tree in the front yard and decided to wait for Bat-girl there.

Harley stood with pride, holding a chained Menzel in her left hand. Harley was armed to the teeth, eager to kill the little birdie interfering with her scheme. Menzel sat quietly, the chains and handcuffs restraining most movement. Menzel's earlier singing created an eerie atmosphere inside the base. Harley's hooligans kept quiet in a perverse reverence to their queen, saluting her as she strode by with her captive. Most of the hooligans seemed just as eager to have something big to do, bored with the usual fraud and smuggling. Harley dragged Menzel down into Gotham stadium's basement. Harley felt around, finding her radio on the inside of her jacket.

Harley flipped it on, calling for Bryce. "Heya big lummox, I'm ready for Canary! Where is ya?"

Bryce responded after a long pause, "I'm sorry for the delay miss. The men that engaged the bird have lost contact with her..."

Harley snapped like a twig. Fury cloaked her voice. "WHAT DOYA MEAN LOST CONTACT! She's a big, freakin' bird! Kinda hard to miss that! Well, speak up! I demand an answer!" Snarls escaped from Harley, further traumatizing Menzel. Menzel began to kick and claw to escape. Harley retorted by merely kicking Menzel in the jaw, recalling her silent sobs.

Bryce replied quickly, sounding like Harley's yelling physically hurt him. "M-Miss, don't worry. She knocked out most of those she contacted. All of them have been recovered and are moving to the stadium. The bird cannot enter." His tone changed from hurt to assuring, as Bryce wanted to avoid more screaming. It worked, as Bryce heard Harley squeal happily from his end. Harley spun in her boots, giggling all the while, and loudly shouted into her radio, "That's great! Get them inta position, around the first layer of seats. Make sure they have enough firepowah to take the birdie down. Oh, and mind the landmines. Got the big boys in the last shipment."

Bryce ended their go-about with his usual good bye. "Understood, Miss" Bryce flipped the radio off, and turned to those who fought the Canary. He noted that each one was covered in bruises and seemed to be limping. Bryce knew they wouldn't go much further, nor fight again. "Alright Hooligans. Our queen has noted the extent of your injuries. Miss Harley sympathizes with your plight, but cannot spare the helicopter..." The men that took the toughest beatings hastily protested, calling for aid in their plight. Bryce hushed them with the threat of his machine gun. "Enough! We need to move now. No hospital will take you, so the only option to heal your wounds is to move forward! Now let's go! It's only a few blocks north." The hooligans shambled behind begrudgingly, making offhand remarks that they though Bryce hadn't heard.

The group made their way slowly, giving Harley plenty of time to get into position. The group returned to hooligans standing like soldiers in a ring around the center field. Harley stood center field on the arranged stage, with Menzel standing rigidly beside her. Menzel was statue-like in front of the microphone, seeing it as some object that fell out of a dream. Menzel's eyes were almost empty, like a trance brought on by the trauma she endured. Harley was signaled by the camera crew that she would be on soon. Harley adjusted herself and checked her make-up with a compact, nudging a still Menzel to perk up. Bryce moved the injured Hooligans into the Gotham Peacekeeper's dug out. Bryce made sure that each one was moved down and accounted for. As Bryce took his spot in the third base entrance, he signaled cameramen to start and firework crew to get ready.

Harley beamed, feeling pretty and powerful. I'm not gonna let this little birdie ruin my scheme. Hopin' to rake it in with ticket prices, but oh well. Pay-per-view is just as bountiful. The crew with the camera signaled that the show was about to start. Menzel remained rigid, preparing herself to sing once more. Harley felt cocky, ready to take on the Black Canary.

As Canary had made it next to Harley by following some hooligans she was still in her hooligan disguise. A few feet from Menzel, the girl slowly crept up closer to the dull yet nervous and traumatized Menzel and whispered as she looked forward in her normal voice."Hey, it's me.. Black Canary." She muttered. Menzel shook immediately surprised and before she knew it Canary whispered."Sing, hand the mic, stay close to me. Also, when handing your mic, try covering your ears." She muttered and the girl turned her head around to observe the whole stadium. Perhaps a loud canary scream through the mic May daze most of the hooligans seated acting like an audience while those on field with her, may merely feel dazed and so few will stick through her scream.

Ear plugs didn't necessarily help, you'd only be dazed for about 20-30 seconds so in a way it did. Canary's scream was known to make ears literally bleed if not covered and as the girl stand there patiently she waited in silence. She's got a clear view of exits and hooligans so this may be done easy and quickly.

Everything happend so fast, The women in the manor. The mind-boggling pain that rattled his brain as he was knocked out, The hard THUD of his body hitting the floor. It all took him off guard he was off his game it had been way too long since he was in a fight and this weakend him greatly. Even worse, the man he considered a son since he took him in better known as the BATMAN was gone and couldn't help this old man. Even so he wasn't THIS weak. It's been only a few years since Bruce left for what seemed like forever to Alfred. Though it wasn't that long ago that he heard from Bruce, It was a phone call he had recived. he got them from Bruce at least once every other month or when ever he felt like calling. This enough eased Alred's mind when he left Gotham though the main reason the calls were for was about information none the less it made Al's old bones jump for joy though he would never admit that to anyone.

Slowly his eyes fluttered opened with the loud pounding of what seemed like drums rang through his skull. It was dark and he felt crampped he left like his body was tight with no room. Was he stuck in a cupboard? Things were getting odd for even him as he tried to move his sore limbs that was in non-compliance making him groan. "C'mon old chap, get up iv'e got to keep moving. There's still an intruder here, No one can help me but myslef...." With this echoing in his throbing mind he shuffled and scrammbled about till eventually he fell out the cupboard the a hard THWACK.

(This is gonna seem a bit OP, but I'm using my GM authority to do it only this once. I apologize to everyone else if this is off-putting, but I couldn't resist the perfect timing.)

Just as Menzel was about to begin singing, the sound of a record scratching played on the PA system. Almost immediately after, it was followed by a strange sort of
. It seemed like something that could be played at a carnival.. A very demented, sinister carnival. The thugs in the stadium all had the same expression: eye's popped open wide, fear spread straight across their face. They knew the song very well, almost perfectly note for note... Which is why they feared what followed. Just as soon as the music began, a voice called out over the

"LADIES AND GENTLEMEN! WOWIE, WHAT A CROWD WE HAVE TONIGHT! ALL MY OLD FLUNKIES AND GOONS.. EVEN HARLEY. MY DEAR, SWEET HARLEY! ITS LIKE A FAMILY REUNION... Except that I hate my family. The same goes for you lot! You boys have really, really let me down. Going with Harley rather then stay with me? Obviously you've forgotten what we stood for.. Even you, Harleen Quinzel, who so elegantly took everything away from me... Well now, I'm back.. And I want what belongs to me." Joker exclaimed into the microphone, his tone getting darker and more menacing as he continued to speak. His feet lay propped up against the counter inside the recording booth, happily twirling the cord of the mic as he held it up to his lips. The men working the recording booth had been.. Dispatched, so to say and were now replaced by Joker's remaining goons. "Now, I know that Ms. Henzel is the main attraction tonight, but I do believe that she's been through quite a bit and is in no mood to perform. Sorry for the letdown, gents! Captain's orders." Joker continued as the others made sure that the room was secure and sealed off. "But I do believe we've reached the critical point in this little speech of mine: the extreme disappointment that I feel. Now, boys, you know how much I love you all... But lately, I've found that you were all just a bunch of treacherous pups who run to the first bitch offering you a job! Do you not remember the effort we went through to get where we are? I treated you like kings, like my own kids and you abandon me just as soon as Harleen has second thoughts!? HOW DARE YOU!"

Slamming his fist against the counter, Joker pulled the blinds up from the recording booth to reveal himself and his goons. The group had giant weapons aimed and poised to fire at the crowd below. For some reason, everyone but Joker was wearing a gas mask. "Don't bother shooting, fellas, or we'll flood the chamber with Joker Gas! I'm sure you all remember just how potent that stuff is. Oh, and will somebody get on pest control already? My boys tell me that there's a Canary problem. First its Bats, then its a Robin, occasionally its a Cat, and now, a Canary. I wouldn't be surprised if a Hawk decided to join in on the fun. Or for that matter, a Spider. Anyways, back on track. You all know me to be a simple man with simple tastes. Knives, gun powder, electricity and a couple of bullets thrown on top of an oil drum, all tied up with an amazing dose of Joker Gas, that's all I ever need. However, what I lack now is a loyal group of merry men to provide me with the items and supplies I require, as well as preform some jobs I need down and pick up my operations again. So, I offer you boys.. And Harley, a choice. Join me again, and you'll be rewarded beyond your wildest dreams. I'm willing to put all my normal consequences for traitorous acts aside for now, if you decide to join up again. After a half hour, I release the and and you all suffer. Oh, and Harleen? GET YOUR ASS UP HERE! Puddin' needs to have a little chat with you..."

Horror took in a deep smell of the Arkham air. It felt natural it smelled natural to him. Smelt like home to him. He looked out at the streets and there he spotted it. A arms deal. He moved in to get a better look at the two parties. One group looked like Two-Face thugs and the others he didn't really recognize but it didn't matter he was going to take them all down. He looked at them and didn't care about their conversation but then he saw the two face thugs pull out guns, fully automatic guns. Then the spray began and soon he was looking at the dead two-face thugs. Whoever the second party was they had protection from more then one sniper and he was glad he hadn't moved in for the kill. He switched his goggles into the thermal and looked around to try and spot the snipers.
Two snipers in the nearby church tower and then another in that abandoned apartments over there. His first action was moving to take out the thug alone in the apartment but soon he realized that they weren't alone. There was actually more guys guarding him. He smirked and started to think. Who are these guys? He started running and jumped to the adjacent building and then made his way down an emergency exit stair case and sat in a dark alley. He looked around and crossed the street. He had armor but it wouldn't be any good if these guys were carrying heavy arms. He smashed a nearby window in the alley and crawled into the building.
The inside of the building was musty and clearly this building hadn't seen a good day for a really long time. He moved through the halls slowly until he came to the entrance and he could see both men clearly. They were carrying small arms nothing bigger then sub-machine guns. He brought a chop to the throat of the man on the right then snapped the neck of the guy on the left then spun quickly to catch the first guy with a fist that shattered the nose and sent it deep into his brain. Now that they were taken care of he moved up the stairs quietly until he reached the third floor. There perched like a good soldier was the sniper with a cigarette between his lips. Silently Horror moved forward and then a quick punch to the kidneys and then a good dose of fear toxin reduced the sniper to a baby. A screaming pathetic baby and that made Horror smile. He grabbed the thug and lifted him to get information.
"Who are you working for!?""I don't know! Agh just please let me go!" A man like this reduced to nothing and that was what these men needed. They needed fear it fixed every problem in the world. There would be no crime if every criminal knew fear like this. the plea for help was followed by a punch to the stomach.
"Don't lie to me!" He shook the guy this time and then tossed him to the ground. Instead of answering he tried to crawl away and Horror responded by stomping on his leg and shattering the bone. The men let out a girly scream and Horror grabbed him again. "Who do you work for!"
"God I don't know please just let me go!" He was reduced to nothing but cries and Horror quickly resolved this problem by casting him out the window. Clearly whoever was running this operation was very good at hiding their identity and he hated it. He'd have to see what the two men in the tower knew.

Hearing the speech of joker, Canary quickly dropped a smoke pellet causing those around her who inhaled it to faint. Instantly, it knocked Menzel out painlessly and She grabbed the girl through the thick black cloud of smoke and crawled for the wireless mic before running,. The thick cloud of black smoke blurred the exits and openings to escape and groans can be heard through the mic before the Canary started her deadly scream as it echoed through the stereos in the fields and shattered lights.

Thugs who weren't dazed tried to find the canary once smoke disappeared but she was no where to be found. With guards down behind her and a Menzel over her shoulder as she ran, Canary quickly tried to find a way out. And she fairly did. Upon almost reaching outside were two guards left and the blonde had slid across the floor easily between their legs before roundhouse kicking a clown thug and slamming the others head against the wall and with that she dropped the wireless mic as it made a 'thud sound' back on the fields and as bullets shot at her canary had disappeared through some fences in silence as few remaining thugs stopped looking for her and shivered. A consequence would be made. If you didn't hunt a animal, be it bats, robins, or canaries if you saw me and had an opening, it was off with your head.

If only batman was here, but there wasn't.

Slade somehow managed to remain unfazed by Rosemary's illusion of choice. Whatever his decision was, she clearly wanted her father to get off her back. But it couldn't happen. Deathstroke had to stop her, had to find out what was going on before he could even consider letting her run amok. It needed to be made clear that Rosemary was never to reveal her relation to Slade by any means, or so help her turn herself into Deathstroke's one weakness.

And Deathstroke could not be weak; he was on the meta-human level of power, intelligence, instinct and skill. As much as he wanted the luxuries of a true offspring, he could not and would not be allowed to obtain it. He was a war machine and nothing else, an insurgent of murderous intent. Nobody should deserve to inherit the pain that he has bestowed upon himself, least of all the family that he lost.

Rosemary's new dual personality simply brought that to light. This new individual, a slithering seductive witch in the form of Slade's belated daughter, seemed to serve to empower Rosemary's conflict with her father.

Slade knew what this was, because he knew Rosemary had died. Annihilated by a mad crime lord, her death may have been one of the many catalysts of Batman's ruin. And her she was again, stronger than ever and yet more hissy at the father who could not afford her. There was only one substance, one individual that had the power to cheat death.

Ra's Al Ghul and his Lazarus Pit. The side effects: Dementia, insanity, madness for as long as the Lazarus seeped life into the person. And here it was manifested into another personality. This could not be fixed; the damage from the Pit was eternal.

But Slade didn't care. He could take it, he was certain. And besides, he was already a little bit insane. It helped.

"She's dead. She died, and you took her place,"
Deathstroke silenced 'Huntress's actions. "I can live without you in my business!" With a rapid motion, he drew his sword and held it with both hands at the ready, flat and pointed at his daughter's body. He reserved his sword to only the most dire and worthy of opponents, but this was just so. If Slade could not beat sense back into her daughter, then Deathstroke would sinply have to be content with killing two birds with one... stroke.

The first attack was a lunge complimented with a comparatively light swing at shoulder level. The attack was aimed in such a way that if it did not connect, the momentum could carry or deflect into a different rapid attack, possibly chaining into a combo that would be difficult to keep up with.

Although the snarky Phoenix finally got through Slade's skin once the sword was lunged at her she quickly moved to the side but managed to only merely get cut on the arm thinly. Every time she dodges, half the times she would be cut. The other half, Slade was close to killing her. Occasionally when she ducked from the swings of his sword her hair was cut ever so slightly. The huntress did a backflip not attacking and that snarky sneer was still apparent. Soon enough she was on top of a bar and once she did another back flip some distance away behind deathstroke, who had cut the metal handle bars and looked over his shoulder she folded her arms behind her back leaning forward.

"No, nu-uh~" mused the fairly young girl."Kill me, you lose the last and only closest thing that means everything to you!" She said before bing lunged at again and trying to catch up to Slade's quick swings of his sword in order to dodge."Your last second chance of having a kid! Again, Revived. " She muttered before looking around at the roofing above her. If it was the bat cave, it must have a quick getaway from above aswell and Phoenix looked back at Slade wide eyed before laying on the ground flat on her back.

The girl wrapped her foot around his neck throwing him over her and rolled on to her stomach crouching there and looking above. She quickly grabbed her cape off, a cape made from the same material batman would use to make his old ones and threw it at deathstroke stalling him at the moment. She quickly ran towards him having the opportunity to use his shoulders as support for extra force to make her jump higher and grabbed her grappling gun quickly grappling up. She landed on a perch and turned around, smirking. Yet holding her side, trying to cover up some blood. Which she was slit but showed no sign of pain or blood dripping.

"You're surely trying to kill two birds with one stone without guilt." Phoenix yelled."Or Atleast one bird without losing the other with one throw.." She paused."You want to be rid of me, yet also want to keep sweet loving me!" She laughed hugging herself before sighing."But you already know--try and be rid of me, you're be ridding your second chance with you know who~" she mused mid sentence."Kill me, You're also killing her, Huntress." Phoenix shrugged."My Conclusion? You're killing me knowing you're also going to kill her and well, you're trying to not feel the guilt till later. It'll be a even bigger burden and weakness then merely just having her around." She adds leaning forward pointing at the ceiling."You--can't kill me as much as you want to without killing Huntress herself. She simply can't be freed. You know that." She said turning back around to another cave of shadows."There's always a catch when ra's tries to help without the need of it." She said before running off."So go ahead! Shake the pain, try and believe she's truly dead! It'll only make you feel the pain and burden even worse... Slowly weakening you. And maybe that's what Ra's wants?"Her voice echoed slightly.

Seems 'Huntress' wasn't kidding, she really wasn't fighting back. Just flurry with dodge after dodge until she could jump out of a corner and into the darker reaches of the cave. "You're gonna need a lot more than words to stop me, lady," Deathstroke retorted to Phoenix, attempting to track her movements through the overhangs. If he was going to pursue her, he needed better gadgets. Batman's would do fine.

Snagging a Remote Claw and Accelerated Grapnel Hook, Deathstroke attempted to use the new gadgets to give chase into the dark depths of the cavern. Her taunting words would not sway his intentions nor his efforts to hunt her. "Believe whatever you will. Your mere existence is my convincing to hunt you down," Deathstroke threatened, with a far more cruel and violent tone. "Because the only blood of mine you have is my insanity."
Whether or not Phoenix heard Slade's predatory words, he couldn't be sure. Tactical Vision brought up no image; she had disappeared. The hit was active now, and the hunt was on. Rosemary's death long ago put him over the edge of humanity, and the experiment's intent of a remorseless murderer was realized, only getting worse as he remained alive. As far as Deathstroke decided, whoever he killed had a good reason to die, and Rosemary was not exempt.

Maybe Slade's decision was one he could regret, but at least not for long. If she really was anything like him now, then it was all the more convincing on Deathstroke's behalf to make sure the hit was completed. One near-mad metahuman assassin was bad enough; two was pushing it.

If anything, Phoenix was just making it worse. Maybe that was exactly what she wanted. But what she was going to get was now much more violent than originally planned.

Rosemary Wilson
With: Ra's Al Ghul
Where: Somewhere in Gotham City ; One of Ra's sewer hideouts.

Phoenix was jumping rooftop to rooftop not looking back. New outfit, gotta get my new outfit I made myself, start new again... She thought to herself. No longer the heroic huntress, she headed over to a sewer as she landed perfectly and managed to open it. Ra's stupid and filthy hideout, or Atleast one of them. Specifically they made rendezvous to meet here and there seemed to be a clapping man standing. She ignored Ra's and rolled her eyes, hair turning into a pale blonde color, to Snow White."Thanks to you, I no longer have a father." she muttered."He'll be after my head--and yours Ra's. When he's like this, father doesn't go by one. He kills all the importance." She said voice echoing as she changed. She can hear his voice, despite him not being there and ruffled her hair once she finished changing. Ra's laugh irritated her."And if he can't make you die? He'll be sure to make you feel like you want to." She growled. Rosemary still somewhat had her old personality, it was just very tough to show. Her traits of love and affections towards a family member was still there-- more importantly her high respect towards her own father, Slade.

Ra's interrupted."Darling, he simply can't find me." He laughed. But the snowy haired girl walked away."Like I said, dont trust me 100%. I'm just full of surprises, and that is a promise." She mutters getting out from the sewer cap and silently closing it. Ra's task? To guilt trick and drive Slade insane to the bones, so that he can have him, but Rosemary's plan? To tell him last minute about Ra's plan. Rosemary had a black utility belt of her own, with a Phoenix rising. A type of symbol that stuck. She had varies pellets, even flash, A pistol on each side, hacking device, communicator, grapple gun, and that was about it. She wore a leather suit though it may not seem like it and at the back of her belt attached and covered by her light yet warm leather jacket? Two small blades, or daggers. Whatever you wanna call them.

The girl just had to stick with Ra's plan before switching it with hers. Maybe she'll tell Slade last minute, or it'll change. Depends how this will unfold and she yawned. Her plan will always be similar, and that is switching and working on her fathers side no matter what. She could already imagine batman and her fighting, him trying to convert her back but the girl was contradicting herself and knew it too. But what if Ra's found out? She wouldn't doubt it she could already feel what would happen later. A fight to the death with a tempered Slade, and once he's about to kill her she tells him every thing since she was revived, and Ra's will poof his ghost ass out of no where and imprison her immediately. Trying to get her power before getting his ass whipped by her dad once he stops that. If it's one thing for sure, never take Slade's prey away at all. He decides when he wants to release them or not and Phoenix simply rested over the sewer cap laying there. Hopefully a fight won't happen. Talk of easily grabbing immortality from her was low profile yet rampant. Black mask already heard of it, penguin as well, and of course Ra's. But question was who else knew, and who else should she avoid? This was a bounty replacing batman's head, far greater then his. This was free immortality right Infront of them and surely this was better then batman's head. However most assassins like Cheshire only knew about targeting and nothing about the whole immortality thing so there was a slight advantage yet disadvantage for both sides. Assassins will get paid, thugs even, with money without knowing the real deal and prize and she pondered.

Black mask, Penguin, Ra's. What's next? Joker again even? The one who killed her making her death mysterious even to the bats? Or her being in a cage and bided off by whoever caught her to whoever should have her. Jeezus, and this wasn't supposed to happen. She was expected to be a healthy human coming out of the new and improved Lazarus pit, yet it proven opposite. She was born a Phoenix, powers coming late until the revival so a high advantage was held by Ra's and he literally felt like an underground god before making his 'big' move. And she was ready for it all, for everything in that matter.Annihilating them all after her blood and feathers would be easy. As long as batman wasn't in the way, nobody should be in her way now. She's just simply trying to survive.

From what Rosemary understand, get the blood of this form (half Phoenix or full), pluck the largest feather in her full form which be very difficult and done. But that didn't grant immortality, As there was a last piece and that was capturing her and going to the Lazarus pit with her half of full Phoenix form, if you managed to keep her down you would be powerful as well. It was the quickest, purest, and somewhat a safer way then any other way. Ra's had tried, but failed as he forgot and didn't even figure out the last part of the 'recipe' and with a lie she had told him it was because he was already powerful and perhaps maybe powerful and immortal enough to which he smacked her off and the girl slowly sat up over the sewer cap and looking down at wound. It had somewhat healed. And it was a good thing Ra's disposed of her blood and the feather purely. Once a person got it and couldn't do it, and another person would try to steal it it'd simply be of no use. As the blood belonged to them and the feather they had plucked and managed to get on their own would be theirs and magically work on only that individual. The girl let out a yawn, standing up and going up some fire exit stairs seated at the edge of a building and pondered yet again.

THE LADY'S A HUNTRESS

Phoenix was jumping rooftop to rooftop not looking back. New outfit, gotta get my new outfit I made myself, start new again... She thought to herself. No longer the heroic huntress, she headed over to a sewer as she landed perfectly and managed to open it. Ra's stupid and filthy hideout, or Atleast one of them. Specifically they made rendezvous to meet here and there seemed to be a clapping man standing. She ignored Ra's and rolled her eyes, hair turning into a pale blonde color, to Snow White."Thanks to you, I no longer have a father." she muttered."He'll be after my head--and yours Ra's. When he's like this, father doesn't go by one. He kills all the importance." She said voice echoing as she changed. She can hear his voice, despite him not being there and ruffled her hair once she finished changing. Ra's laugh irritated her."And if he can't make you die? He'll be sure to make you feel like you want to." She growled. Rosemary still somewhat had her old personality, it was just very tough to show. Her traits of love and affections towards a family member was still there-- more importantly her high respect towards her own father, Slade.

Ra's interrupted."Darling, he simply can't find me." He laughed. But the snowy haired girl walked away."Like I said, dont trust me 100%. I'm just full of surprises, and that is a promise." She mutters getting out from the sewer cap and silently closing it. Ra's task? To guilt trick and drive Slade insane to the bones, so that he can have him, but Rosemary's plan? To tell him last minute about Ra's plan. Rosemary had a black utility belt of her own, with a Phoenix rising. A type of symbol that stuck. She had varies pellets, even flash, A pistol on each side, hacking device, communicator, grapple gun, and that was about it. She wore a leather suit though it may not seem like it and at the back of her belt attached and covered by her light yet warm leather jacket? Two small blades, or daggers. Whatever you wanna call them.

The girl just had to stick with Ra's plan before switching it with hers. Maybe she'll tell Slade last minute, or it'll change. Depends how this will unfold and she yawned. Her plan will always be similar, and that is switching and working on her fathers side no matter what. She could already imagine batman and her fighting, him trying to convert her back but the girl was contradicting herself and knew it too. But what if Ra's found out? She wouldn't doubt it she could already feel what would happen later. A fight to the death with a tempered Slade, and once he's about to kill her she tells him every thing since she was revived, and Ra's will poof his ghost ass out of no where and imprison her immediately. Trying to get her power before getting his ass whipped by her dad once he stops that. If it's one thing for sure, never take Slade's prey away at all. He decides when he wants to release them or not and Phoenix simply rested over the sewer cap laying there. Hopefully a fight won't happen. Talk of easily grabbing immortality from her was low profile yet rampant. Black mask already heard of it, penguin as well, and of course Ra's. But question was who else knew, and who else should she avoid? This was a bounty replacing batman's head, far greater then his. This was free immortality right Infront of them and surely this was better then batman's head. However most assassins like Cheshire only knew about targeting and nothing about the whole immortality thing so there was a slight advantage yet disadvantage for both sides. Assassins will get paid, thugs even, with money without knowing the real deal and prize and she pondered.

Black mask, Penguin, Ra's. What's next? Joker again even? The one who killed her making her death mysterious even to the bats? Or her being in a cage and bided off by whoever caught her to whoever should have her. Jeezus, and this wasn't supposed to happen. She was expected to be a healthy human coming out of the new and improved Lazarus pit, yet it proven opposite. She was born a Phoenix, powers coming late until the revival so a high advantage was held by Ra's and he literally felt like an underground god before making his 'big' move.And she was ready for it all, for everything in that matter.Annihilating them all after her blood and feathers would be easy. As long as batman wasn't in the way, nobody should be in her way now. She's just simply trying to survive.

From what Rosemary understand, get the blood of this form (half Phoenix or full), pluck the largest feather in her full form which be very difficult and done. But that didn't grant immortality, As there was a last piece and that was capturing her and going to the Lazarus pit with her half of full Phoenix form, if you managed to keep her down you would be powerful as well. It was the quickest, purest, and somewhat a safer way then any other way. Ra's had tried, but failed as he forgot and didn't even figure out the last part of the 'recipe' and with a lie she had told him it was because he was already powerful and perhaps maybe powerful and immortal enough to which he smacked her off and the girl slowly sat up over the sewer cap and looking down at wound. It had somewhat healed. And it was a good thing Ra's disposed of her blood and the feather purely. Once a person got it and couldn't do it, and another person would try to steal it it'd simply be of no use. As the blood belonged to them and the feather they had plucked and managed to get on their own would be theirs and magically work on only that individual. The girl let out a yawn, standing up and going up some fire exit stairs seated at the edge of a building and pondered yet again.

The second Harley heard Joker's voice boom around her, it sent her in a spell. The stadium began spinning like a 60's music video. Trembling noises from the past swirled with the colors, all of them from Joker. One was his laugh, the one that aroused Harley for the first time. The laugh that awakened her true, fun-loving self. A softer, more soothing voice whispered I-love-yous in the madness. The same voice that brought Harley to her knees and sighed sweetly. In the background were all the explosions they caused together. But something towered over the other noises. The insults Joker gave her after something went wrong. All the times he pushed her away when she just wanted to make him smile. Harley broke the chaos with a loud-splitting scream. "YAAAAAAAAAAH!"

Harley ignored the Hooligans' varied reactions to her or the Joker. She strutted by Canary and her smoke screen, fixated on Joker. She barked into her radio, scaring Bryce and anyone nearby. "Get my babies ready to tear this clown UP! Release them on my command! And for god's sake, get me some AIR SUPPORT!"

Bryce was taken aback by her sudden rough streak, but complied. "Lou and Bud are chained by the front. I will release them in your command. The helicopter will arrive in five minutes. Give him hell Miss."

"HEHEHE Good." Harley then scampered up the stadium seats towards the sound booth. As she ran and climbed her quickest, Harley readied the pistols on her side and the grenades strapped to her chest. The few goons guarding Joker seemed taken aback, but stood ready. HArley hopped up to their level and opened fire. "Joker, call off your thugs. Dis is between you and me. C'mon, fight me! Woman to clown!" For years I took yer abuse, hoping my love could sweeten ya sour life. It took so long for me to get it right. To release you were only holdin' me back. "I'll kill you!" was all Harley could bellow through her fury.

As soon as she burst through the door, Joker began to chuckle. Oh yeah, he was back. "Not on your life, Harleen. Tonight's my glorious return to Gotham's criminal underworld, and nothing's going to stop that." he explained in a angry tone as he sat against the wall. Harley may have been firing at the booth, it was apparent she was doing warning shots. It was like she didn't know him at all. Joker was never intimidated, not by Batman, and especially not by Harley. As she shouted for him to face her, he stood up, clearly in her sights, and placed a hand on his chin. "Hmmmn.." Joker hummed aloud, staring off into space. He pretended to think about what she had said before he shrugged and said "Alright Harley, you got me. But before we fight, lets have a little chat, shall we? You won't be needing those weapons of yours, especially not with what my boys would do if you did something unfair, like shoot me before its time." as he jumped off the chair and strolled over to Harley.

"Let me ask you something, Harleen.. Do you ever think about the good times? Not the beatings, or the hatred.. But about when it was you, me, and the world? Nothing to blow up, nothing to say to one another.. Just us, standing side by side. I'm sure you do.. Because I can't stop thinking about it." Joker whispered as he wandered around her, his voice full of persuasion. "Six years of being alone have force me to think about many things, one of them being how things used to be between us. You were just a scared little doctor when I met you, but it didn't take long for me to realize we were meant for each other. Don't you remember how happy you were, how happy we were? Because all I ever wanted was to have the world smile.. But to me, seeing you smile was just enough. You got the joke of life just as well as I did, I know you still understand it deep down... Harley." As Joker walked along behind the woman, he gently placed a gloved hand on her arm and lowered it so her gun aimed at the floor. Smiling as he turned to face her again, he leaned in close, like he was about to kiss her, and whispered "But there's something more to it. You know that you can't live without me. Even though you've tried your best to make it on your own, its never been enough. You tried to find what we had with others.. Harvey, Scarecrow, you even went after the Bat's brat sidekick.. And Ivy. But no matter what, they all couldn't provide the happiness that I did.. You could have that again, Harley. I'm not here to fight, but I came with a proposition.. As you probably know, rumours about Batman's return have been popular as of late. If he really is back, I want him found."

As Joker spoke, his goons stood by, their weapons all prepared for anything that could endanger them. One quietly spoke on a communicator, acknowledging a tip about some sort of air strike. Joker had moles in every organization, especially Harley's. A few of the goons ran out the back entrance, rushing to the car to grab Joker's pride and joy: "Ol'Blow Shit Up-er", a bazooka he had customized to produce an even bigger bang. They loaded it up and took to cover, waiting for any signs of arial support.

Back in the room, Joker continued his speech. "Bottom line, I'm asking for your co-operation. Batman poses just as much of a threat to you as he does to me, but without me around, you'll have nowhere to run. What you've gotten done to you in the past is only a portion of what he dishes out. He's always been after me, so when he finds out that you're all alone, nothing will stop him from getting to you and delivering full "Justice" in the most painful way.. So, if we work together and reform, we can find him and finally make the Bat smile... What do you say, Harley? Am I "Puddin" again, or are we going to have a problem?"

With Menzel now at the hospital, Dinah received a ride from Gordon. She had told him to stop about 5 minutes away from her home and preferred to walk. And once his car left, she walked unnoticed. This leather outfit was definitely not her thing, and she went into her house after ten minutes of walking changing her outfit quickly. She would have to go back to GCPD to the floodlight and do her plan. Try it once without a crime first. But what she saw today, Harley and JOKER being back--she hoped Batman would come through and the girl snuck out from a window to her Harley motorcycle, Speeding out.

"Ah, Fishnets and heels. Much more comfortable." Smiled Canary to herself. It was merely a 15 minute ride from her house to the city of Gotham and Canary made it to GCPD, walking inside then out to the floodlight. She recalled a memory when Batman's sidekick, Robin, had first met her during a mission. He had said,'That's canary? Kidding right? You really ought to rethink your costume some. Heels are an awfully impractical part of a battle suit!' He said. It was the current robin that had said this and with that when they first met, Canary proved her heels useful as she walked over to a concrete wall and kicked it roughly, causing a deep cradle. The materials that made the heels were unknown, for all she knew Batman 'improved' them to be stronger during combat.

The blonde hair girl shook the cops off. As they left her alone with the floodlight she leaned her rear side on it turning it on and had her arms crossed. She didn't think he would come, but worth a shot and citizens of Gotham stared at the light. The moment of truth? The light hasn't been on in six years and Dinah began looking around patiently yet nervously.

"Oh come on Canary bird.. The bat isn't going to come." She mumbled to herself biting her thumb, an arm crossed over her chest as she was in her normal uniform despite the flurries of light snow and chilly winds that caused occasional gusts of strong ones."Seriously, if you are listening Joker is back." She said but played with her blonde golden locks of hair."But you probably either don't want to be shown yet, or already know." She sighed as she reached over slowly to turn off the head lights after 5 minutes.

-- BARBARA --

Barbara crawled from under the desk and staggered up."I'm going home." She mumbled."If anything, we went to the park after our dimmer and I fell off monkey bars." She adds."And you kept telling me to Becareful. Just to make you sound good." She told Richard walking herself out. Once she was out Wayne manor, Barbara grappled her way home before her dad would come home before her.

Within 15 minutes of pain from her limp arm, Barbara landed on a tree branch opening the window to her room but immediately was startled by Jason's sudden appearance and swung at him before gasping and realizing who he was."JASON?!" She panted resting her good hand over her chest. He was one of the few who knew her identity and she sighed."Geez. Been a while.Havent you heard of a early notice?" She mumbled before looking at him and checking his face."Open the window and come in with me, I'll be needing your help most of all," She said nodding her head towards her window that led to her bedroom.

"Tell me who you work for!" But they answered the same like the others. Somebody was planning something and didn't want anybody to figure out which unnerved him. Whoever was running the operation was highly intelligent that was for sure. He broke the neck of the last sniper and moved towards the group which had just taken the small arms into a warehouse nearby. He followed them but he noticed there was some commotion at a stadium nearby. He looked towards the warehouse and then the stadium. He made his decision the thugs would be at the warehouse later but he wasn't sure about the commotion. When he arrived there weren't any guards stationed outside and he snuck his way in. That was when he noticed the voice. The voice he swore he wasn't hearing.
"But I do believe we've reached the critical point in this little speech of mine: the extreme disappointment that I feel. Now, boys, you know how much I love you all..." Horror shook his head no almost subconsciously but continued further any way. He moved in to see a massive crowd of thugs. He searched for the thing he was hoping wasn't present then he saw it. The Clown Prince of Crime. That couldn't be though unless Batman was coming back. Horror darted away from the scene he had to get a hold of Red Hood some how and Green Arrow or any hero for that matter. If Joker was back then the least of his concerns was something big. He felt something tingling in his chest. It was an odd feeling one he hadn't felt in a really, really long time. It sat in his chest and felt like someone was running their fingers through his insides and his hands had started shaking. The Nightmare of Arkham was feeling fear and it felt great.

He had charged out of the city and there was really only a handful of people he could trust telling about Joker but first would be Red Hood. He started scouting Gotham for him hoping to eventually run into him. He could always go to Commissioner Gordon or some one else of the Bat family, no it had to be Red Hood. This had to end. He had to let Red Hood kill that maniac once and for all. He wasn't going to be easy finding Red Hood but his gang that would be a lot easier.

"Geez. Been a while.Havent you heard of a early notice?" Barbra mumbled before looking at Jason. "Open the window and come in with me, I'll be needing your help most of all," Barbra Said looking up at the window.

"Still trying to play nice with me huh Bat-girl..." Jason said with a chuckle on his face, he climbed the tree and opened the window and then helped her up into her room, "Isn't this something your boybird is suppose to do for you?" He said with a chuckle on his face. "Oh and, sorry if I made that annoying birdboy late for your date..." Jason took a deep breath, looking around her room "Don't worry your dad isn't around still at the office..." He took another deep breath, "I need to know what you know about Bruce...his death...his so called return as Batman... and... Where Joker fits into all this..."

As Jason spoke Barbara rolled her eyes taking off her cowl with her good arm."I need to know what you know about Bruce...his death...his so called return as Batman... and... Where Joker fits into all this..." He said. Barbara looked at him."What I know personally so far, is what you and everyone else knows. His presence is... Questionable." She admitted."So it was you who blocked him off. Of course." She chuckled before looking at him."You and I should both know, Bruce kind of has mixed feelings over me taking up or 'stealing' the mantle of batgirl without permission Jason. I wouldn't be one of the people he'd go to first." Added the red head girl walking towards him.

"Now my turn, First of all the awkward part--but we're friends." She shrugged looking up at him."Take off my shirt would ya? Broken arm--can't do much." She hissed lifting up her good arm."And don't so it slow broken arm hurts." Barbara quickly said casually."And repeat, we will not ever speak of this again--Don't even tell boy wonder. He'll get the wrong idea." The girl rolled her eyes waiting."So, You gonna help strip me off or stand there like an idiot?" The current batgirl asked rhetorically.

"I've got questions for you. Do you know a girl called 'Huntress'" she asked."I got my ass wiped across the floor by her. She's a strong girl who seems to know where the cave is and I'm thinking there's no other person similar to her than you." Barbara paused staring at him."You were robin, you worked for Slade temporarily. Well, Slade also paid a visit. And I can only connect it to you jason. 'Huntress' knows all our moves and weaknesses like an open book--" Barbara looked down at her utility belt."And this? She managed to work my utility belt without getting shocked and went through security systems even hacked." And with that Barbara looked at him."did you tell her? Or at least know her? Is there something other then the things you told me that I don't know or not supposed to know?" She sighs."I'm not questioning about deathstroke here, deathstroke is obviously even with batman I'm questioning about you and this 'huntress' character." But she pondered."But activating my belt without getting shock, is a possibility she was once a bat member too and her scans and whatnot are still active if she tries to activate bat weapons now..." She mumbles.

Jason looked around and awkwardly helped her removed Barbra's shirt.

"I've got questions for you. Do you know a girl called 'Huntress'" she asked."I got my ass wiped across the floor by her. She's a strong girl who seems to know where the cave is and I'm thinking there's no other person similar to her than you." Barbara paused staring at him."You were robin, you worked for Slade temporarily. Well, Slade also paid a visit. And I can onlyconnect it to you jason. 'Huntress' knows all our moves and weaknesses like an open book--" Barbara looked down at her utility belt."And this? She managed to work my utility belt without getting shocked and went through security systems even hacked." And with that Barbara looked at him."did you tell her? Or at least know her? Is there something other then the things you told me that I don't know or not supposed to know?" She sighs."I'm not questioning about deathstroke here, deathstroke is obviously even with batman I'm questioning aboutyou and this 'huntress' character." But she pondered."But activating my belt without getting shock, is a possibility she was once a bat member too and her scans and whatnot are still active if she tries to activate bat weapons now..." She mumbles.

Jason froze when he heard 'Huntress' name. "Did you say Huntress? that, is impossible..." Jason sat down trying to think. "Slade didn't...he wouldn't..." Jason looked out the window for a minute almost forgetting where he was.

Jason suddenly snapped back to where he was, remember to never loose focus of his mission or what he was doing. "Barbra, look I will tell you this, I never told anyone about the Batcave, or Batmans true identity, not even Slade... But I can't tell you everything about the Huntress now, not yet, I need answers to that myself. I will tell you this though, Huntress is very dangerous, and I don't know what she is doing, or her plans, but for now I would at least remove everyone's identity from the Batcave. I mean everyone, If she is around, and Slade is around you two are going have more trouble on your hands than the rumors of Batman. Shut down the batcave, I could care less about little Robin...but you..." Jason stopped talking for a minute.

"Make sure every other name get's out of the database so that only Alfred, you and Robin can get into it. Also," "Jason removed some pills from his jacket and handed them to her. "These will help mask the pain in your arm, won't heal your arm, but well at least make it so you don't feel pain for a little while. Wouldn't want your dad to know what you and Dick Grayson do at night now would we?" Jason said with a smirk on his face.

"Take care of yourself Barbra and, here take this also." He handed her a card and a chip, "The card is my new number, in case you need to get a hold of me, and the chip well give you the location of my new base, please don't give that to anyone else." Jason was getting ready to jump out the window, "Take care Barbra"

Jason seemed to pause in silence heavily in shock when the name 'Huntress' was brought up. He began to quickly talk, about how the batcave should be shut down and to store every single bit of info away for only the bat families uses, the current members.

"Make sure every other name get's out of the database so that only Alfred, you and Robin can get into it. Also," Jason stopped momentarily handing her some pills to break the pain. She took them in immediately and looked at the now smirking Jason."Wouldn't want your dad to know what you and Dick Grayson do at night now would we?" And she let out a chuckle shaking her head. She was handed a chip and his number and nodded at Jason's orders before he rested at the window."Take care Barbara." He said.

"I to you Jason, I to you." She said."Also, Slade and Huntress were fighting. She had some sort of split personality that was much stronger then her real one, immediately making Slade snap...Maybe you can find her if you know her on a personal scale for more info? Or talk to Slade first then her? Hope you tell me soon." She mumbled and Barbara turned back around making herself a cast for her arm.

Status
Not open for further replies.