Batman: Legacy of the Dark Knight (IC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As Rosemary hanged there with boy wonder still hanging onto her she slowly looked at the direction of where the shot came from, Narrow eyed obviously infuriated. So fucking close and of course her father always has to ruin everything. He was here. Her own father. And if he was here with her now, he better be helping her out for now. There was no time for a warm reunion and she tssked looking over at Batgirl and simply just ignoring Slade looking at the boy wonder as she didn't hold onto her stomach and grabbing the back of his head, banging hers on his before tossing him aside. She was annoyed.

"One eye and a shot! Seriously!? And you fucking can't do it? Shouldn't one eye give you more accuracy then two!?" Yelled huntress.
If the memory drive was shot through then maybe Rosemary might as well use her speed to look through everything and immediately remember it. But rethinking it--Slade was here and she suspected him being after her head on the game too. Yet that didn't make her scared if he was and she looked over her shoulders obviously mad. By the looks of it, she was like some typical angered teen annoyed by her father.

"Mother hen." Hissed Rosemary irritated by him messing up the download."If you're after my head, you missed the chance a long time ago!" She yelled pissed over 'a little thing'. When she said that she was referring to the first time he had an open shot at her, but refused. Love? Nope. She doesn't think so. She thinks it's because she's his only kid and while standing there, By the looks of it, Rosemary was really annoyed. But there's more to her than anger and emotions ready to explode and the girl jumped back before grabbing onto robins staff blocking his hit. As she held onto the staff she simply kicked him in the shin roughly and kicked him on the side with her other foot letting go of his staff. No way was he going to go after her father. Not now, maybe not ever.

Despite seeming to dislike Deathstroke, she couldn't help it. He was her only real parent so it was natural for her to in a way help or protect him or somewhere along those lines. As Rosemary was handling Robin she narrowed her eyes disappointed really."So keeping tabs on me too, Slade?" She asked jumping from obstacle to obstacle as the boy wonder wanted to handle her first then Slade last. 'Best for last' she figured and she distanced him away from her father. She never called him anything related to a father figure word, unless on 'special occasions'. "So, there a reason you're always following me? Or are you just a general pain in the Ass--" soon Huntress was whacked off a large object she was on and she rolled away from robin as he jumped and tried to hit her with the staff again. The girl looked over her shoulders as she was in a crouch position and seemed surprise."Wow, boy wonder surely has a temper. Pretty slow too. I remember being better than you! But of course--I had two bats." Bragged the girl chuckling. But feeling she was being ignored by her own father she raised an eyebrow and cartwheeled over to the bat computer before performing a double backflip and landing on his shoulders expecting the Robin to try and whack her dad, but also knowing that her father is probably going to dodge to counter the blow. The girl landed briefly on his shoulders before flipping off again behind the distracted boy wonder and stayed on the ground, tripping Dick.

"So where's your other child that replaced be from being yours?" Muttered Rosemary bitterly. Referring to Jason Todd. She often thought wrongly about things like Jason being his apprentice, she thinks 'replacing her with him as his new child' and she rolled her eyes at the thought waiting for the boy wonder to get up. Obviously, no hero, even batman didn't tell these baby chicks about her."I'd like to meet the kid." She adds."And why don't we ever have a father-daughter day?" But instantly realizing it and hesitating with some pondering she shook her head and quickly replied."ugh...Forget it.... I don't wanna know." With a angered and false 'I don't give a shit' look that obviously meant she would be hurt by the answer."Probably don't need to...wouldn't wanna know anyways."

Last edited by a moderator:
"Bryce, how those flyahs goin?" Harley inquired through their shared radios. It had been six hours since Harley finally broke Idina Menzel's feisty spirit, but it may soon be worth it. Menzel's voice was legendary, which is why Harley was drawn to her. Originally obsessed with 'Wicked', Harley grew fond of the songbird. She deduced the only logical thing to do next was to exploit her power. Harley kidnapped Menzel during Menzel's routine morning walks. The press was abuzz and police searched California up and down, never suspecting Menzel to wake up in Gotham. Harley made sure Menzel never learned of her identity nor her location. Despite numerous escape attempts, Harley managed to keep Menzel hidden, all the while bending Menzel to her will. Now that she was broken like a wild stallion, Harley prepared to set up her trap for Batsy.

"All set, Miss. Within the hour, Gotham will be layered in flyers announcing Miss Menzel's concert."

"Gewd boy, Brycey. Remember, pull this off without Johnny Law gettin pissy, and you'll get a treat!" Harley taunted him, knowing full well he's reject her advances, especially when she was obviously joking. It made their heists, plots, murders, and Saturday brunches so much more enjoyable. Hehehe... every good comedian had a straight man... at least mine doesn't try tah punch me like Batsy.

"Miss, I hardly feel such banter is appropriate, deserved, or timely." Bryce spoke coldly, bringing about a harsh and distant feel to the conversation. It only served to stimulate Harley's funny bone. Bryce had her howling into the radio, laughing and crying loudly. Harley seemed to get a kick out of making Bryce uncomfortable, since it seemed as the only way to bring any emotion out of him. It drove Bryce crazy.

"One more line, Miss, and I quit, I swear it!"

"Awwwh, keep ya panties on. You woulda left me long ago if it bothered ya that much! Now stop slackin and get to work!" Bryce grunted loudly as a response. It was his way of admitting defeat. At the alley seven blocks south of Harly's hidden fun house, several of her hooligans amassed. They bustled from the fun house and several sewer manholes. Bryce assembled Harley's legion inside the abandoned prank goods warehouse: It was an old hideout of the Joker's. With few words, Bryce began phase one of Operation Super Mega Deathbat Turbo 2. All of the assembled Hooligan's, armed with flyers, stapleguns, duct tape, and police batons, began silently announcing Idina Menzel's revelations concert at Gotham Central Stadium.

The flyers detailed time, location, the expected song list, and a vague alibi. "After a long break from the trying life under the eye of the Press, Idina Menzel decided to end her Bohemian Venture by making an unannounced tour throughout the northwest. Enjoy her iconic hits 'Defying Gravity' and 'Let it Go' alongside songs authored by Idina herself!" Over a thousand hooligans dispersed from the warehouse. Within 15 minutes, over half a mile was covered in flyers announcing Idina's 'Revelations' Tour. Bryce predicted Gotham to be covered by the hour.

Slade dropped off of his perch, landing on one of the steel catwalk that eventually led to the main platform the group was standing on. He walked without much hurry, allowing Robin and Huntress to vent awhile. The mercenary couldn't say that the words didn't hurt coming from Rosemary's mouth, but Slade was never one to show pain or weakness. If anything, 'Huntress' was a liability: if anyone found out their relation, they would stop at nothing to destroy Deathstroke through her.

"Nothing personal, you're just a bit in my way," Slade commented, watching Huntress knock around with Robin like some toy. There seemed to be an implication in her actions that she was trying to defend Slade from any harm whatsoever. It was almost hilarious in a pathetic way, a daughter so hateful and still so engrossed with her father as to protect him when he doesn't need saving.

"So where's your other child that replaced me from being yours?"

Cold. Very cold. "This isn't the time or place for any of that," Deathstroke slowly retorted, as the distance between the mercenary and the Huntress-Robin dog-pile shrunk. "Though speaking of, I probably should've given you a proper training course. How about we start NOW-?"

To punctuate, Deathstroke leaped forward in a lunge that aimed to slug Huntress right in the face. No matter what she did, Deathstroke was prepared to follow through with a secondary- or counter-attack. Slade wasn't going to kill her (not that he technically could), but not killing left a lot of painful things left. If anything, a swift death wouldn't been merciful, when considering the Terminator's tactics.

Immediately once the robin was down only temporarily, she heard her father say something."Though speaking of, I probably should've given you a proper training course. How about we start NOW-?" And with that he unexpectantly lunched himself at her, before the black haired girl by instinct did the first thing that came to mind, which ultimately, was useless and stupid. "I believe the cliche is Never--from now or NEVER!" She growled and kicked him right in the crotch pretty hard thinking it'll help as she heard a loud cracking noise.

For a second she froze on the ground. He seemed unfazed and unaffected. Just staring down at her blankly and this reaction slowed her down by surprise causing her to be slower and more vulnerable. What in the actual fuck just happened? Her dad-a almost 50 year old man getting kicked where the sun doesn't even shine. Shaking her head the girl quickly grabbed him and placed a foot over his stomach, flipping him over and off her before rolling to her stomach and getting up immediately after ready, kind of.

If anything she'll take out her own staff -even though that'll be helpless too- but she begins to doubt herself. She has two bat skills but once doubtfulness came in, it weakened her."Seriously, are your balls made of steel?" She asked sarcastically before moving her feet around as if it hurtled from the kick that was supposed to hurt him and she rolled her eyes.

"It was good seeing you again." Sigfried made the comment and stepped outside to the car. He looked out to see a motorcycle riding past. Red Hood Horror's thoughts were noted. He got in the car and turned on the auto-pilot. Working on a car wasn't his thing but it helped him with scenarios like this. His suit sat in a suit case in the back. He grabbed it and walked around the building and quickly changed. If Red Hood was about there might be somebody else worth interest that was when he spotted her. She was new in town and he hadn't yet meet her but clearly she liked bows and the color green so he made a mental note to call her lady Robin Hood for now. He wanted to engage but at the same time didn't he hated interaction. He stepped forward slowly realizing she had a gun.
"Who are you?" His voice was hindered by the gas mask he was wearing making sure his own fear toxin wouldn't affect him although he doubted he needed it now. "Why are you in here in Gotham?" He simply tilted his head in slight curiosity and then prepared for a fight.

So intrigued with the automatic weapon in her hand, The Hood barely noticed a figure coming out from the shadows. He was a bit spooky to be honest and very familiar. A bit tall and wearing a mask that had probably been apart of one of her nightmares when she was a child. She shakes her shoulders as if warding off the heebie-jeebies of the past.

"Who are you?" Olivia chuckled, tinkering with the pistol until she had the magazine out and all the bullets scattered across the asphalt. The man seemed harmless, but of course you can never be too careful around these parts. Gotham was filled with the strangest and most creative people. She decided to answer -- he hadn't outright attacked her yet either so maybe she could just fish out some information. "Why are you here in Gotham?"

"I'm your friendly neighborhood nobody," her voice-changer cut out and then clicked back on, "I'm here to investigate. Batman's been gone for a very long time and I've decided to actually come out here and figure out what the deal is." Her grip tightened on her bow as she pulled her hood down over her face a bit more, hoping that her hair stayed in it's bun. It was always such a hassle to have long hair. She'd thought of getting it cut, but that seemed like so much work in the end, plus what if it looked bad?

Then it clicked. "Ah, you must be Horror!"

Todd just laughed at Robin leaving. Todd then thought to himself 'Guess I will have to talk to Bat-girl after all...' Before Todd's Motorcycle could start he heard a voice from behind him.

"Man, that was sorta harsh... Don't you think?"

Todd turned around to see a person in the shadows, before he could talk another person came around the corner.

"Who are you? Why are you in Gotham?"

"I'm your friendly neighborhood nobody I'm here to investigate. Batman's been gone for a very long time and I've decided to actually come out here and figure out what the deal is, Ah, you must be Horror!"

Todd looked at both of the shadow figures in the shadows closely then flashed a light at them both.

"Well well well, Horror and... The Green Arrow isn't? What are you both doing around here?" Todd said while he grabbed another gun from his boot, and his other hand held on to the sword that was sheathed in his back.

"I'm your friendly neighborhood nobody," Horror sighed Great a smart ass robin hood. He really disgusted humans and wondered why he had even tried. Then he noticed the slight change in tone had to be something mechanical behind that. "I'm here to investigate. Batman's been gone for a very long time and I've decided to actually come out here and figure out what the deal is."

Horror sighed behind the gas mask and then looked at her again. "Ah, you must be Horror!"

"Ah, yes and you must be the archer in tights." Before he could continue though a third party joined in.

"Well well well, Horror and... The Green Arrow isn't? What are you both doing around here?" Great Red Hood is back and armed. Why is everyone armed except me!? I need to work on this. Horror watched both of them and then felt his fingers slightly pressing on the fear toxin device. He could get them both all though he doubted that would work on Red Hood he'd have to come up with actual fist fighting if he didn't flee the scene entirely.

"Searching for information," His attention turned from Red Hood to Green Arrow, "Batman has been gone for so long because he is dead. That is the end of the story. If Batman were back it's just another guy in the suit it isn't the original." Horror had no intention of getting killed by either of them tonight and could flee now if he needed but a bullet in the back wouldn't do him much good. So he kept an eye on both of them.

"Ah, yes and you must be the archer in tights." Olivia rolled her eyes. They aren't even tights. They were normal pants that just fit super snugly. Tights were meant for the sidekicks and everyone knew that. Maybe I need to do a remodel of The Hood outfit... Again.

Red Hood seemed to finally come back to his senses after he got burned, cutting off the smart remark The Green Arrow had stirring. "Well well well, Horror and... The Green Arrow isn't? What are you both doing around here?" Damn... Of course Todd had an extra gun hidden somewhere, but who in the hell carries a sword now-a-days. Oh wait, I carry a bow and arrow. Damn again... Olivia thought she was sneaky. She really tried her best not be seen or caught until she wanted to be seen or caught.

Olivia went to talk, though decided her voice-changer was a preliminary precaution used for thugs. She pushed a secondary button that was in her ear and cleared her throat.

"If Batman were dead, which he isn't, we would know for sure. Batman getting up and just disappearing means he has disappeared. We would know if he was dead," Olivia crossed her arms, keeping her bow in the right position to strike if necessary. These two aren't here for a fight though. If they were then they would have already moved. Keep your cool Olivia -- it's just a friendly conversation.

Last edited by a moderator:
For @Nitsua43

Canary stand there at GCPD next to the floodlight. Arms crossed in her new leather outfit. Soon Jim came back out."We got something." He panted. The blonde looked over her shoulders."It's Harley. She's got Idina Menzel. You being more skilled in combat can probably take her down quicker." He explained."Please." He added.

Black canary stand there stretching her arms and walked at the edge of the building."On it, I'll do the best."she mumbled falling off the building and landing perfectly on another rooftop. The girl jumped rooftop to rooftop and soon performed a double back flip landing next to Green Arrow. To her surprise she blinked at the sight of her before jumping high to a rooftop."Green Arrow!?" She yelled before landing on the rooftop she jumped on. What was she doing in Gotham? Black canary stopped for a second turning around and squatted at the edge of the 3 story building looking down at the small group. Where there was also Horror and Red Hood.

"Whatever, I'll talk later." She muttered running off. She had a mission to do, or small task. Beat joker goons--Or Harley goons. Whatever difference it made, Grab Idina Menzel without notice, and beat Harley down. Two streets away from where Green Arrow was, she landed on the ground seeing flyers scattered everywhere and hooligans of harley's staring her down.

Who would've thought that Harley had this much men.

But then again 6 years did give A LOT of time and they slowly began to circle around canary.

"Hey! It's the Canary! The other bird!" Yelled a burly man.
"Yeah but where's the dolls fishnets?" Hissed a rat looking guy.
"Wreck her and bring her to Harley!" Ordered a guy before everyone began leering and getting closer.

Black Canary tssked. Last man was going to get a special intimidation from her and quickly she jumped around with her opponents sure to hit one then another. Hoping she'll be fast with this. This wasn't even half of Harley's men, but it was a lot she assumed and loud groans and curses and whatnot can be heard as well as some guns and glass breaking noises.

"If Batman were dead, which he isn't, we would know for sure. Batman getting up and just disappearing means he has disappeared. We would know if he was dead," Horror couldn't believe that Batman had just got up and disappeared. Why would he just get up and vanish he was the hero. What purpose did it serve?
"No he either died or left either way you look at it this is bad. He either is dead or he willingly abandoned the city. He's letting things like Arkham City go crazy, literary, and that idea I can't accept. There is something big happening in Arkham City. If Batman is back he arrived just in time or else someone planned this." Horror hadn't noticed that the two were coinciding. The drug shipments and gun imports started around the same time as the rumors. That is awfully strange. Horror would have to look into that further but later. "Some one is planning this and I don't like this. Something really Big is coming to Gotham and it isn't just the Batman."

Red Hood looked down at his watch, his Motorcycle should be able to start now and he was listening to these two arguing over if the Batman is really dead or not was getting very annoying for him, he wanted facts not just more and more rumors. He needed them... Batman was the only way to get Joker out of Arkham, and to finally get him... and Red Hood could have revenge against the Joker, for nearly killing him many years ago when he was still Robin...

"Look Horribly Ugly and Wanna Be Robin Hood, do you two have any real information on if he is alive or dead, or is this all speculation? Because really I have been hearing enough of this for a while now, I live here in Gotham and the rumors of his death were as sketchy as the rumors of his return, so either have proof, or if you are trying to get proof, maybe us three can form a very temporary truce and work together on figuring out what in the hell is going on...and why now of all times would Batman really show up... "

Red Hood slowly let go of his sword from his back, and lowered his gun, 'Maybe working with these two will at least get me somewhere for a while, I can deal with them once they are no longer useful...' Red Hood thought to himself, then stared at Green Arrow, "I know this will be particularly hard for you, to work with two 'bad guys' But what else you going do? help out the little bird-boy Robin, who can't even control his anger? and Horror, if you really think Batman is dead, why are you trying to wonder about for clues?"

There was no facts to the disappearance of Batman. Only the Bat-Family could ever know what happened, but most don't. It's this big mystery that strikes hate into those that looked up to the caped crusader. If I had leads I wouldn't be here... She watched Horror, his babbling was becoming more of a self talk between him and himself. Something BIG? That seemed preposterous to say out loud like that. Olivia has been stalking these streets for the past three years -- she would know if there was something going on beneath the surface. Right?

"Look Horribly Ugly and Wanna Be Robin Hood, do you two have any real information on if he is alive or dead, or is this all speculation? Because..." A ringing began to suddenly pierce the young woman's ears. She looked up at the building in which she was just perched to watch Robin and Red Hood, catching a dark blur and then losing it. She only saw in for a mere second, but for some reason she felt as if she should know who that was. Stepping back and cocking her head, The Green Arrow tried to look towards the direction the blur went.

"I know this will be particularly hard for you, to work with two 'bad guys'..." The young woman scoffed, narrowing her mask covered eyes and looking back at the arrogant brute on the bike. He just kept talking and talking. Olivia was no 'bad guy' before, but she was thought as one and truthfully she never actually set that rumor straight. I have no problem working with - with these two whatever they hell they are supposed to be...

She spoke firmly, "I never planned to go to Robin. He's got Batgirl and his own ego on the team. He doesn't need another. I wouldn't mind having a partner or two, but honestly I wouldn't mind sending an arrow between your eyes if you try anything dirty."

Harley stretched over her chair. Her back leaned over the armrest, Harley's hands flattened against the bottom cushion. Harley sighed sweetly as she popped several vertebrae. Harley ignored her radio the first few times it went off. Sweet Brycey... Always giving annoying progress reports. Harley continued to stretch until the radio sounded off a fifth time. Harley flicked the thing on, yelling infuriated into the com, "What the Hell is so damn important?!"

"Miss, interference from Black Canary! She's attacking a minor delivery squad, but seems to be moving toward the hive!"

"WHAT!? Holy cannoli ... alright! Assume defense order! We gonna have tah put Super Mega Deathbat Turbo 2 on hold. Order the men to deposit the remaining flyahs into any nearby stores. Any not busy with Canary is to take the sewer access! Menzel must stay protected."

"I've already ordered that who remains to dump and fall back. I shall order the weak to distract Canary. The rest will scatter underground to make their way back."

"Good boy, but tone problem. None of my men are weak! They are all unique contributions. Throw the injured at her. I'm sure her goody-two shoes attitude will make a better distraction."

The only words that echoed from Bryce's side were of resignation. "Understood, Miss." Harley ceased lounging and made her way to the intercom. She barked orders fiercely while maintaining her usual peppy level. "Hooligans of home, hear me now! Operation Super Mega Deathbat Turbo 2 has been tampered with. All men are to assemble inside their assigned security positions! We must not let the enemy, one foul birdie goin by Black Canary, steal our ... hehehe... guest. Maintenance must activate outer booby traps as well as basement security measures. Remember, she has one helluva nasty scream. Ear protection is advised. Thank you all for your dedication." Harley ended her orders as motherly as she could muster, unintentionally coming off maliciously. In no less than two minutes, Harley's fun house was abuzz with workers suiting up. Ear plugs, guns, flash grenades, all that was needed seemed to be preparing. However, something seemed off.... Harley felt down her legs, like someone looking for keys. She felt her grey pants, and then realized she was still in her suit. Oh how silly... I can't entertain in casual!

Harley gingerly whispered into the intercom again, her voice lulling those in earshot. The buzz halted just as quickly as it began. "Sorry for interrupting dearies, but I need Armando to prepare my outfit and accessories. After all, it's rude to greet guests in rags, right boys?" Whether out of fear or respect, but Harley couldn't tell, the hideout echoed with cheers of agreement. I suppose neither. These boys know by now when Mama busts out the leatha, it's serious!

Harley finished preparing by changing and organizing her hooligans. Traps were established in every unoccupied hallway. All men served as Security and were armed to the teeth. Menzel was moved to the lowest level, guarded by traps and Harley's elite clown unit. It was there Harley joined her captive, gun pointed into face Menzel's face, radio on and going. Harley had established her ultimate defense stance, feeling she was ready for any storm. A wicked grin oozed across her lips, compelling Harley to speak. "Oh Miss Menzel, won't you sing for us?"

Menzel's spirit was long broken. The battered prisoner asked in a raspy voice, "Which song Milady?"

"Atta girl! Sing right in the Microphone Cole Porter's "let's do it!' I want our guest to hear ya lovely voice!"

Menzel tentatively began, breaking through her wretched sobs. The hide out turned deadly silent with her singing, transforming into a siren's nest.

Soon Canary was left with one man and grabbed him by the shirt ultimately lifting him up and throwing him to a brick wall. As she walked towards him, he seemed shaken yet stubborn to answer her question based on where Harley was until Dinah got close to his face and made a fist, to which he simply flinched and gave up.

"OK! Alright alright already! P-please don't hurt me!"
He shrieked in fear. The blonde vigilante in black smirked slowly as she stand up straight,listening. Harley's Hooligans were no doubt as submissive and weak as she expected. Seriously, as long as you looked big and tough she'll take you in no matter what.

"G-Gotham Stadium! They're probably there by now!"

Trembled the Hooligan blocking his face. Canary raised an eyebrow before she heard footsteps of some more people approaching the area she was in. The blonde grabbed the man to a nearby alley way and had hands over her hips looking down at him.

"Clothes, now!" She hissed. The hooligan coughed before letting out a chuckle."Is that all you want?" He snorted. Canary simply punched him again and went behind a dumpster changing into The Hooligan's outfit quickly and gave her new clothes to the guy, ultimately grabbing a blonde wig she found in the trash can and putting it on him before telling him to wear her clothes. Under the clown mask she wore, was her own mask as well so she can show her hidden identity to Harley and she yawned."Hope you can run." She smirked running out the alleyway."Guys! The canary, ova here!" She said in a deeper voice. With her canary cry power, she was able to range her voice differently and immediately did the hooligan dressed as her ran out in fear as he was being chased.

Canary triumphantly smirked stopping a car which had hooligans in it and opened the door sitting in."Where's Harley now?" She asked acting like one of them."By now, Gotham stadium! We'll be there early! Canary's interrupted so Harley's hurrying with Idina." Shrugged a guy in the front seat with a clown mask that had a sad frown. Soon the car roughly began driving and Canary stayed quiet for the most part.

"Oh. And watch the traps Alex. She setted them al'over the place. Just follow us k? You're a rookie anyways."

Snickered the hooligan driver along with his friend and Canary let out a chuckle before agreeing. Within 15 minutes they arrived and canary was last in line behind the two men she came with. They chatted unaware of what she was doing behind them, and once they passed the heavily guarded doors, canary silently took the guards down before following the two she was with and making a turn. To her surprise, there wasn't much hooligans. The stadium wasn't even full, she estimated only about 30 or even 45 of them and continued to keep a low profile.

"Thought Harley was gonna be here?"

Asked canary. The two men radioed Harley--apparently they were also her guards and shouted through the radio.

"YO HARLEY? Where are you?"

And paced around only to see a group of men down on the ground in the corridors behind them. They immediately shook.

"UH EMERGENCY HERE! THE CANARY! SHES IN HERE! WHERE ARE YA SO WE CAN GUARD YA ALREADY?!"

The other man panicked frantically. Canary played along, acting frightened.​

''Because if there is a Batman wandering around Gotham we need to know." He responded to Red Hood then looked at Green Arrow with her comment. "I'd never try anything dirty on you. You're to innocent for my tastes. I have a final lead to follow up on this drug ring and I'd like to go before we start becoming friendly. If you need to find me I'll be at Arkham doing what the police don't have the gal to." He didn't wait for a response knowing they would contact him if they had information and he darted off for Arkham this was his final lead to follow and he hoped that it would prove more fruitful then his previous leads. Horror liked having allies it meant he had more then one pair of eyes but it also meant his target got bigger and easier to reach.

Red Hood looked at Horror leaving the scene after he suggested they work together, 'I guess that is a yes for him' he thought to himself.

He then looked at Green Arrow. "Well I guess he is in, I'll assume you are in... What are your plans? Got any real leads or just the rumors?"

Red Hood thought to himself, 'My best bet is Bat-girl for now, but there is still no real leads anywhere that I have heard.'

'Innocent? That was not what I meant...' She rolled her eyes and didn't even comment on Horror's departure.

The Green Arrow turned back to Todd just in time to listen to what he had to puke out. It wasn't like she was a saintly hero, but it was supposed to be against code to work with a criminal slash "villain". She always wondered how fun it was to be bad -- then again she was already super cool being the shining hero.

"Got any real leads or just the rumors?" She thought for a moment and then remembered one of Joker's old hooligans, one who decided not to join Harley and the rest of his buddies.

She shrugged, "Truthfully, the only 'real lead'," Olivia made sure to add in the air quotes, "I got was from one of Joker's goons. He said he retired from being a villain's apprentice and said maybe Bat's did the same or got tired of Gotham and moved on. The thing is, why would he just up and leave in a cloud of smoke though?" The Green Arrow exited a long sigh. She didn't know what to tell the red masked vigilante... Batman could literally be anywhere and could've left for any reason.

"Maybe he got a non-hero pregnant. Maybe he wanted to take a vacation and where he went there were no clocks. There are a million scenarios and a million rumors. I got nothing but dirt on the hero's and villain's who already resign here at this moment." She was thinking of talking to Harley at one point; then she remembered she liked living. Robin would be a great help, but he's bitter toward the Bat.

"Alfred could be of service to a former clan member of the Bat-family?" she suggested with a raise of her brow, although in this light he probably didn't even see it.

~~ Arkham City: Sionis Steel Mill ~~

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK!​

"Eh, Boss? Are youse in there?"

"WHAT IS IT?! YOU STUPID OAFS KNOW THAT IT'S "JOKER TIME" AND I DONT WANT TO BE DISTURBED! WHY DON'T YOU DO ME A FAVOUR AND GO SHOVE WHATEVER IT IS YOU WANTED TO SAY RIGHT UP YOUR-!"

"A-Actually... Its about 't Bat."

Joker halted, hearing this sudden news. He continued to stare at the wall, oblivious to anyone or anything in the outside world. His dark eyes turned towards the door as a smile crept up his lips. "Come in.." he grumbled, remaining in a seated position as the goon entered the room. The goon was immediately caught off guard by the sight of Joker's Office. It looked nothing like how it usually was. Normally, the walls were lined with his prank materials and plans, while various trinkets lay strewn across the floor. This, was not the case. The Joker's plans had been torn down, his gadgets gone, and the pranks packed away somewhere else. In their place, was Batman. Thousands upon thousands of Batman sketches, quotes, even self-made or stolen memorabilia (Joker had stolen his fair share of batarangs and shattered armour pieces over the years. He even had a fully built patchwork-Batsuit made from broken parts of the actual suit).

Looking around nervously at the horrific and psychotic ode to the Dark Knight, the crook swallowed his air and began to speak. "I-If this is a bad t-time, boss... T-Then I can-""TALK!" Joker snapped, angrily turning his head around to stare at the thug rather then the carvings in the wall. The thug nodded in fear before speaking again. "W-Well... Its been roo-mad for a while now tat... Tat the Bat's come back from 't dead. Y-Youse knows how 't is when.. When people speculate. B-But.. J-Jokah.. I-I've seen 'im. H-He really has come back.." Hearing these words made Joker tilt his head inquisitively while the thug continued to speak. "Y-You see.. Me and Daws was out by the community centre trying to stay on parole.. W-When we saw him. He was tracking down Scarecrow, from what we saw. It was like bein' in a dream, seein the Bat after so many years. At first, I thought it was just another punk in a mask like those other fakers we found. In the brawl that followed after we saw 'im, I found this layin on the ground.." As Joker was about to turn his head and see the item, the thug slid it over to him across the floor. The clown's gloved right hand gently floated down from his side, touching the thin, sharp, sleek metal item. Lacing his fingers around it so he could pick the object up, Joker brought it up to his face. The look of amazement and joy spreading across his face couldn't be described. "B-Boss? A-Are youse-" the goon began to ask before a sound began to echo through the room.

It started out softly, but slowly increased in both loudness and intensity. When the thug realized what it was, he couldn't believe it. The sound was coming from Joker. He was laughing again. Quickly jumping up from the ground as he examined the item, the Clown Prince of Crime danced around gleefully, chuckling his trademark sinister cackle. "OH JOYOUS DAY, KALU KALAY!" Joker cheered before he tossed the item into his suit pocket. "Willy, you've done it this time, boy! Seems like you're not just a worthless pile of shit like I thought you were.. I'm not sure if this is solid enough evidence to support Bat-Brain's triumphant return, but you're certainly right about one thing: that couldn't have been an imposter. Even if they managed to take up the mantle, there's only two people have access to that kind of tech build: the Boy Blunder, and the Bat-Broad." Joker explained as he turned around, straightening his suit before walking towards the thug. A sick smile as upon his face. The object that Willy recovered had not only provided the first solid item that could be interpreted as proof of the Bat's return, but also he had managed to acquire this item and deliver it directly to Joker.

"Well then, I guess that all my moping has been for nothing! Oh, what a Christmas gift! To find out that my Bat may have returned... Oh! Its pure bliss, this feeling! Come now, Willy-boy! Round up the troops, prepare the battlements, arm yourselves and ready the equipment! For tonight, the Joker will make his long awaited return!" Joker shouted, imitating a WWII army general. As he moved to exit the door of his office, the thug cleared his throat. "E-Erm.. Boss? 'T crew... Y-You k-kinda lost them.. T-They all went over 't Harley's gang w-when youse went under... Remember?" the goon said with a despondent tone as Joker groaned in frustration before asking "Oh, right... How many of you loyal idiots are there now?"

"Well? How many of my Joker Clan are left?!"

"T-Twelve, boss.."

"Okay, new plan! Gather up those twelve brave men, Willy-boy! We're going to pay Miss Quinzel a little visit.. The damn lawyer screwed me over in the divorce, so I'm gonna go get back what's rightfully mine!"

As the thug nodded nervously and dashed off to round up the remaining Joker Clan members, the Joker himself turned back around to look at the wall. Reaching into his pocket, he pulled out the small object and further examined it, a smile creeping along his face. The device which had given him so much joy was the simplest of items, but the design only belonged to a specific member of the Bat family: a custom Batarang, designed less like a boomerang and more like a Bat. Few members of the Bat-Family used ones designed like this sharper edged Bat, but after years of work, the designs had changed. This one, however, was old and nostalgic: a trend that only the Batman could pull off, having been gone for so long. "Oh Bats," the Joker whispered happily, the sinister grin creeping across his face more as he looked at the Batarang again, "This is going to be a very merry Christmas..."

~~ The Batcave ~~

Robin couldn't even begin to describe what was going on. The way that this "Huntress" and Slade acted... Were they related? Had they been business partners in the past, or perhaps there was something more? Either way, Robin knew that there was a bigger picture he was missing. He could investigate that later on, but right now he couldn't focus on that. As Huntress charged at him with more assaults, seemingly to try and defend Deathstroke from the Boy Wonder, Robin began to wonder if something really was deeper then just a work relationship between the two. As Huntress spoke more, Robin began to understand. Somehow, she and Slade were related. Just how they were related, Robin didn't know, but they had obvious blood connections based on the way they were speaking to one another. As he was tripped by Huntress, he landed hard on the ground which was followed by a barrage of insults. Ouch, insult to injury. While it seemed like Slade and her were distracted with each other, he quickly made his way over to Barbara and checked her pulse. She was still breathing, but she was unconscious. Great, that was another thing he needed: two unconscious people that he cared for. Alfred could probably help her out when he recovered, but Robin would have to stay home the rest of the night just to make sure they didn't suffer any serious injuries.

As the two intruders began to fight each other, Robin dragged Batgirl away from the battle. He rested her against the underside of the Batcomputer, making sure she was perfectly hidden from sight and keeping an upright position which would provide enough weights distribution to help heal her fractured arm. After Batgirl was taken care of, Robin took back to the shadows and crept along, watching the fight ensue. Sooner or later, one of them would lose. There was no point in him jumping in just yet and risk further injury to himself and Batgirl, so Robin just watched from the shadows. Once one of them was down, he would make his move..

"Seriously, are your balls made of steel?"

It was certainly a childish, first-instinct move she had tried to pull of just then. A womanly punt to the gonads, and when that failed, a reverse-somersault throw. Granted, she had avoided harm, but only a for a moment, and her chances of that streak being kept just dropped sharply. Having rolled from the throw into crouch, Deathstroke stood up with a grunt, looking back over his shoulder at Huntress, who had made no further effort at a counter-attack. It seemed there was a bout of uncertain hesitation in her eyes; very poor form. She desperately needed expert training.

"When I invest a 70-pound suit of reinforced armor, I just make sure it protects everything," Slade replied cynically, and then whirled around to face Huntress, drawing and extending his own ballistic staff in a quick motion. "And for that move, you're going to get your own lesson in humility."

With a leaping bound, Slade twirled the staff in a single cycle over his head, aiming to use both arms to bring it crashing down on Rosemary. She would have to put up a lot more resistance than a few dirty tricks to even hold a candle against Deathstroke, and Slade was already taking personal bets on how long she'd last under the stopping power of his skills.

Status
Not open for further replies.