Basically the Same

Status
Not open for further replies.
You picked the wrong venue to belittle a role players place in the writing world :/
Except I am a role player. I have a link to the role plays I'm presently in right in my signature. Also, yes, you put a thanks on Hellis' post, so...

Huh? :ferret:

Someone I know once said the Katana and the Gladius were essentially the same thing.

Uh, no.
The Katana was a quick, light blade, and is used for slicing. It was curved.

The Gladius was a sword made for stabbing. It was Pointed at the tip, and you could stab with it.

Reactions: Razilin and Brovo
Someone I know once said the Katana and the Gladius were essentially the same thing.

Uh, no.
The Katana was a quick, light blade, and is used for slicing. It was curved.

The Gladius was a sword made for stabbing. It was Pointed at the tip, and you could stab with it.

In his defense, both are swords

and swords kill people

Ergo they are the same

LoGIC○

Reactions: Minibit
I'd like to point out the fact that you gave a thank rating to Hellis's post.
Also, yes, you put a thanks on Hellis' post, so...

Huh?
FFS, I browse on a touch screen mobile, which as fellow mobile browsers probably know, leads to the occasional accidental-rate.

I left the rating because I appreciated this part of the post

Roleplay is writing. In that you write
I personally define a 'writer' as anyone who spends time being creative with words, whether it's in an essay, a short story, a series of letters, a journal, or a roleplay. I know this is an extremely loose/liberal definition, and most people have a more stringent one, but I've spent too much time hopping between pretentious "You're not a REAL writer because ____" communities before I found Iwaku to feel right about excluding anyone.

Reactions: Razilin
I once saw a show where they thought four was five.

IT WAS MOVING.

I agree with everything that offends people in this thread.

Reactions: Grumpy and Razilin
FFS, I browse on a touch screen mobile, which as fellow mobile browsers probably know, leads to the occasional accidental-rate.

I left the rating because I appreciated this part of the post

I personally define a 'writer' as anyone who spends time being creative with words, whether it's in an essay, a short story, a series of letters, a journal, or a roleplay. I know this is an extremely loose/liberal definition, and most people have a more stringent one, but I've spent too much time hopping between pretentious "You're not a REAL writer because ____" communities before I found Iwaku to feel right about excluding anyone.
Ahhh, alright, that makes sense. I know I've done accidental post ratings when I'm using my phone, but I'm kind of anal retentive so I undo the rating if I don't feel like the post wholly deserves it. XD

That clears up my confusion though, so it's all good as far as I'm concerned.

Reactions: Minibit
Twilight compared to any vampire story.

No, Twilight isn't a vampire story! It's a bunch of made up B.S that teenage girls mistake for literature.

Fifty Shades of Grey compared to any romance. Fuck that shit! It's not a damn romance! If that's your idea of a romance, I hear Chris Brown is single....

• Love
Reactions: Ethys
When People compare Lord of the Flies to the Hunger Games.
(I know people that do this.)

It's like: No, they are not the same! One has a plot as convoluted as heck, and was written for Adolescent Girls, and the other was written as a response to "The Coral Island" and is about Human nature, and how Humanity's worst comes out when unchecked!

• Love
Reactions: Brovo and Ethys
That's terrifying. How are those two things even remotely comparable?
They think "Oh, a book about Kids killing each other! Must be the same!"

They think "Oh, a book about Kids killing each other! Must be the same!"
Oh. Well, I guess if you wanted to compare something that broad and facile, then, yes. Sure. Maybe you could compare the brutality of the kills?

People who think pens and pencils are basically the same thing. No, they're not. I can erase with one of these. Please give me that one.

02e4f799eceb09ab26b1020fe47aa23b.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Brovo
When People compare Lord of the Flies to the Hunger Games.
(I know people that do this.)

It's like: No, they are not the same! One has a plot as convoluted as heck, and was written for Adolescent Girls, and the other was written as a response to "The Coral Island" and is about Human nature, and how Humanity's worst comes out when unchecked!
Also I had to once make a board game as an assignment for school about one, but not the other.

Although I think most people will be fine never having known that difference.

Rolling dice to determine the success of the hunt, or how many children you kill to establish superiority for your group... good times.

Status
Not open for further replies.