Bar Night: A Night with the Divine

Startled, Charles glanced at the eerie manifestation next to him. It was the goddess from earlier, the one seen talking to the god of flowers -- or was it trees? He shook the peculiar question from his thoughts and gazed curiously at the alluring woman. "That's a blatant name for a bar, isn't it?" Charles replied. It was like naming the families pet 'the Dog' or 'the Fish', he thought. Somewhat redundant. Nonetheless, it seemed almost like a title, an honor -- if it was truly the bar of gods. A warm hand interrupted his thoughts. The Irishman cleared his throat. It was the way she said it; the disquiet, or maybe just oddly placed, familiarity blanketed her words. Shaking the silence, he replied, "Uh, I do. Nothing in life is infinite. You must seek out opportunity if you want to be successful, live the full experience, or find the answers to the questions everyone asks." He paused again, a strange look crossing his face. "My name. How did you know it?"

Damien chuckled at Sonder and shook his head. "I found my way here through a less dangerous path than the ocean might have been," he answered calmly. His attention switched back to Khaos as she excused herself from the table. He stood as she did, since it was only polite, to see her off. The fact that she said that she knew all there was to know about them was curious, but he didn't push the subject. Maybe she had been an employee of a client and they'd had a brief encounter. Chances were that she only thought she knew all there was, since his escapades weren't as well-known.

"It was nice to be your company," Damien told her, "even if it was such a short while. I shall certainly remember your name, Khaos. As I'd hope you'd remember mine." He offered her another smile before she walked off and he sat back down, turning to Sonder. "What sort of event is this then? I don't see any advertisements about the event hanging around."

Damien let his eyes wander the room a little, taking in what he could. The room was a little fuller than it was previously, but it wasn't packed yet. At least, it didn't seem to be. He wondered briefly if the bar expanded the more people entered. It was a silly thought, though, and he quickly pushed it aside. Who ever heard of a room expanding to accommodate guests? Of course, he'd never heard of a door in a tree that led to a bar either, but that didn't stop it from happening earlier.

Vis smiled. "You may say whatever you like Christian." He said with a light chuckle. "Aside from the whole slowly dying thing? I think I'm doing pretty good. My days consist of work, my nights the same. Doesn't really leave me time to think about much else, no complaints." He finished off his drink and set the cup on the counter, giving Bartender a wave that said, 'Another please?' before turning his attention back to Christian. "I did not expect to see you here tonight Christian, not really your scene after all." He smiled. "I am glad you're here though, I actually enjoy conversing with you."

"Being busy is better then sitting doing nothing for three out of the four seasons." She jokes. "I never reject a invitation, since that would be rather rude. Plus as I've said, it gets rather lonely so sometimes just being around everyone is enough to make me feel better ." She explains. "I am glad I came though as well, didn't think you would be here either honestly."

Vis scoffed. "I would have rejected the invitation. Though I suspect that is why Bartender requested my presence as security. I should have known it was a trick, what kind of security can a dying god offer to a gathering predominantly consisting of gods?" He shook his head. "I'm already here so I decided not to leave just yet, I already took the night off in a sense, may as well drink. What have I got to lose?" He said solemnly. He used to be very warm and social, happy, outspoken, outgoing, eccentric even. Though over the past couple hundred years he has grown bitter and reclusive. The more of the natural world the humans raped, the weaker he became, the harder his personality turned for the worse. As though he were preparing himself to die alone.

She nodded her head in understanding. "I told myself this would be a good way to help me decide how cold and how much snow I should make for the next upcoming winter. " She tells him. "I honestly didn't plan on staying here to long, just for a few hours before returning home to my little ice spirits." She looked at the ice spirit who was still in hiding, just peaking behind her shoulder a bit. Not that she would tell anyone, but she was quite fond of her little ice spirits. She named each one and this one she liked the most, the youngest one she had name, frostbite.

Her smile grew as became warmer, practically radiating heat, as she listened to the man speak. Her eyes never broke its gaze on him, they were so interested in this man. And so were her ears, they were his for now, and as long as he would except her company. Her ears heard a voice much fitting to the face her eyes examined, a handsome, strong, and inquisitive face. Khaos tightened her light touch on the man, nearly holding his hand in hers. "This is not just a bar, it is The Bar. A name like, The Black Horse of Butler just wouldn't do. And you might want to watch what you say, The Bartender might take in as an insult to her creativity, or herself." Ah but that subject was past, it was time for them.

Charles' reaction to her contact was both amusing and adorable. There was a moment of silence that followed, awkward but touching. Khaos was surprised by his reaction. 'Um? Oh, Charles, I never though you one to fluster so easily' "Nothing in life maybe, but there are other places that last forever." An odd look then crossed his face, one of confusion. "Oh Charles, I know so very much about you," Khaos teased as she slid a bit closer, her voice became a chilling whisper, "I know that you are a rather successful business man, and I know that you rarely ever stick with your lovers long. I know a little of your brothers... And father." Khaos had pieced all this information together from his dreams, and the dreams of others. It was one of her favorite pass times; like doing a giant jigsaw puzzle. For her last little secret to share, Khaos moved in close, and whispered softly in his ear, "I know what you dream."

(Sorry for the short post, been kind of busy lately D:)
"Oh," Sonder said with a little laugh. "Just a bit of... Mingling for some 'different' people. That's what it is. Oh, and, adios Khaos!" Sonder was glad to have this mortal all to herself. Just the way she liked it...

Speak of the devil...

Murky green orbs alighted on the approaching Sawyer, watching her impish expression for signs of mischief. Not that Naru needed to actually see any evidence of what he knew very well was already long settled into that beautiful yet poisonous mind. Sawyer was a master at the art of feigning kindness and innocence and it was maybe a little bit annoying for a god like him who often wore his emotions on his sleeve.

As she leaned against the bar next to him, the storm god's eyes shifted away from her face and down to his glass now cradled with both hands. Centuries? Yes, it probably had been centuries since they'd last come face to face, considering Naru only rarely took the form of a mortal. "Give or take a few decades," he muttered in response, topping up his drink for something to keep his hands busy, something to keep those fingers from drumming on the counter top. He thought about remarking on her comment about meeting his friends with "what friends?" but decided it was better just to keep silent.

At least until he heard her next nosy little question. Naru frowned then, brow furrowing with disapproval. "When has that ever stopped you from prying, Sawyer?" he mumbled against the rim of his glass before sipping at the amber liquid. "Hasty indeed.I didn't come here tonight for that kind of thing. I'm only here because a dear friend asked me to attend." And immediately after he'd said that, he realized that he might have insulted Sarah.

Quickly his gaze shifted to Sarah's face and he frowned further. "Ah, forgive me. I did enjoy speaking with you but..I'm not very skilled when it comes to idle chit-chat." Pushing to his feet, Naru tossed back his drink and gently set the glass back down. "I should get back to my work," he said, this time with a bit of a smile. He paused though as he passed Sarah, leaning close to whisper in her ear with a hand on her shoulder. "Appearances can be deceiving, for some more than others."

He pulled away then, but not before leaving a gentle kiss against her temple. With a little wave at Sawyer, Naru headed out the door. It wouldn't hurt to use one like a mortal once in a while, he mused.

Vis chuckled. "Sounds like fun, but don't leave too soon. Otherwise I'll be left without pleasant conversation. I'm in no hurry to rush back to work you know?" The spirit floated up and slowly circled Vis's seat, causing moss to creep out between the vines and stretched out. Vis smiled at this, as he had always rather enjoyed moss for some reason. It was soothing, like a blanket if you would. He shook his head and looked back to Christian with a smile. "Please do not be too harsh this winter, more work for me when your term ends you know? Regrowing everything and all." He said with a passive chuckle.

"I won't try to make it to cold, but its strange. Lately it's been a lot harder to control how cold it will be. I worry that i'll, by mistake, make it too cold in some places and kill off a bunch of animals and plants that are not used to the cold. I promise, I do not mean to cause you any trouble though sometimes it becomes very hard to control all that stuff all the time. Yes, it is nice to get a break once and awhile, though I guess since I get a break three out of the four seasons, I prefer not taking any breaks during my time to shine." She explains, watching the spirit create moss. She had to admit, he was giving this place more of a appeal to her. With both his attitude and the power that seemed to want to take over such a unnatural building and return it to the nature that was here before anything was build on earth. She noticed how attractive he was as she was getting lost in her thoughts. His white hair that reminded her of snow and his green eyes which held so much; more then what the average human or god would hold. She founder herself staring at him for a few moments before shaking it off. She looked away while swallowing. What was she doing? She had to shake these thoughts off; they weren't very natural for her to think.

Vis shook his head. "It is only natural, you must remember how the winter has shifted in the past. It is inevitable for your domain to change in intensity and range over time. It has always been so, don't fret." He smiled at her. "There's really no harm done in the end. Everything is as it should be I suppose, regardless of how much it displeases us as gods the humans are gaining more and more control over this world as the years go by. Soon enough we will be obsolete in our power, as they will find a way to synthesize all of it eventually. If they don't all kill each other first that is." He said with a light chuckle.

She glanced at him and slowly nodded. "Your right I didn't think of it like that." She said softly, before sighing. All this human talk was starting to wear her down now. The more anger she felt the colder the temperature around her got, she knew to keep herself in check before she turns the room into a freezer.

Damien rose an eyebrow at that. "Different people, eh? How different?" This may prove to be more profitable than he had imagined. Depending on the types of people here, he may gain potential clients... or potential victim. He was quite interested in both possibilities, given both would bring more money in to his already extremely well-lined pockets.

"Well," Sonder said with slight uncertainty. "Eh, I suppose you could say we are more... Powerful... Than you. It's not important." Sonder was the Godess of Sin, but she wasn't going to be yelled at by the higher-ups. She knew very well what they were like when anger struck them. She had endured their "tantrums" multiple times. "Anyways, why are you interested? You seem eager to know..."

Damien smiled coolly. "It's always good to know who you are in the company of," he answered softly. "Why, as far as I know, this may be a swinger's hang out. And I, for one, am not very keen on sharing with another's partner." Damien shot her a wink and played with his tumbler, which still contained a little bit of scotch in it.

He shrugged. "It is what it is, time will unfold the future as it comes. Everything will fall into place, all we can realistically do is roll with it." He looked around the bar, all the separate conversations blurred together into a senseless hum of voices. He sighed and looked down at the spirit, who was now growing the vines from his seat to the wall behind him. Soon the wall sported an entanglement of them, small buds slowly pushing their way out of their surface. He smiled, then looked back to Christian. "This place could use a touch of Vis I think..." He said, eyeing the room for a moment. "It's al.... techy... how boring."

Christian chuckled at his comment. It was rather futuristic looking, very techy and if you weren't into that, it could be considered really boring. "I agree, then again, I'd rather seem a more winter themed type of bar myself." She told him. She reached for another drink that she had asked for but once she touched it again, it froze. She sighed slightly. "How unfortunate, I guess I won't be having a drink tonight." She said, more to herself if anything.