Online Availability
NEVER
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Douche
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Surrealism, Surreal Horror (Think Tim Burton), Steampunk, Sci-Fi Fantasy, Spaghetti Westerns, Mercenaries, Dieselpunk, Cyberpunk, Historical fantasies
Have you read a Banned Book?

If you all don't know about this, it is a week long celebration of the right to read materials and books. It's also a celeberation of being allowed to think for ourselves vs. what other's say we should think.

Be a revolutionary and kick the FireFighters (From Ray Bradbury's Fahrenheit 451) butts and read a banned book~

Only banned book I can think of that I've finished reading was the Harry Potter one.

i'm pissed off that "to kill a Mockingbird" is on the banned list. that is a damn good book that should be required reding for kids these days. it was for me in my english class

It has to due with race and the use of the "n" word. So attacks from both Fundies and Political correctness people are equally as dangerous.

Oh dear lord. The stupidity of people is overwhelming.

But I've read Deathly Hallows and To Kill a Mockingbird.

*Chaos is now censored by the Pastafarians.*

Chaos has the right spirit for this week. So once again, go read a book that's gonna corrupt your mind like Orwell's 1984, that Giver story, so forth and so on.

And the ten most challenged books of last year were:

Out of 460 challenges as reported to the Office for Intellectual Freedom
1. ttyl; ttfn; l8r, g8r (series), by Lauren Myracle
Reasons: drugs, nudity, offensive language, sexually explicit, unsuited to age group
2. And Tango Makes Three, by Peter Parnell and Justin Richardson
Reasons: homosexuality
3. The Perks of Being A Wallflower, by Stephen Chbosky
Reasons: anti-family, drugs, homosexuality, offensive language, religious viewpoint, sexually explicit, suicide, unsuited to age group
4. To Kill A Mockingbird, by Harper Lee
Reasons: offensive language, racism, unsuited to age group
5. Twilight (series) by Stephenie Meyer
Reasons: religious viewpoint, sexually explicit, unsuited to age group
6. Catcher in the Rye, by J.D. Salinger
Reasons: offensive language, sexually explicit, unsuited to age group
7. My Sister's Keeper, by Jodi Picoult
Reasons: homosexuality, offensive language, religious viewpoint, sexism, sexually explicit, unsuited to age group, violence
8. The Earth, My Butt, and Other Big, Round Things, by Carolyn Mackler
9. The Color Purple, by Alice Walker
10. The Chocolate War, by Robert Cormier
Reasons: nudity, offensive language, sexually explicit, unsuited to age group

I really don't see the point in banning literature; music, film/TV and the internet are all forces more widely spread and with a more directly tangible corruption, gruesomness and ghastlyness possible in them.

These books are often good cases for study, and good reads.

Usually the intention is to "protect" people, especially children, from controversial ideas or opinions that are considered dangerous. The basis for being challenged frequently has something to do with sex, violence, religion, racial views, or profanity.

As Banned Books Week promotes, "Think for yourself, Let others do the same."

Seriously? I was supposed to read "To Kill a Mockingbird" in High School (I woulda too if I hadn't read it in third grade o__o) Well if we're banning books can we ban the boring ones? Like The Grapes of Wrath

holy shit, 1984 has ARRIVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes! The year after some of us were born! :P

Every non-textbook I read is technically a banned book for me so, yeah, I'm covered.

Innit sad?

3. The Perks of Being A Wallflower, by Stephen Chbosky

This is by far one of my favorite books. I rid this during my junior year of high school and in one night, we had to choose a ban book. And this actually struck my interest. Because I rid almost everyone they had on the list, so I went with this. And still to this day it's my favorite book!