Banishment Survival

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Retr0

Original poster
The helicopter shuttered and landed on a pad near a beach. Alex was pushed off along with another banished person. He watched as the helicopter took off and disappeared in the distance, then looked back and forth between the beach and the forest. Neither looked like a great place to go to. He turned to the woman, "What're you in for?"

Josephine rubbed sand off of her face, spitting out a few grains of it. She watched the helicopter take off, not too pleased with the whole situation. When asked about what she did, she stood, brushing herself off. "A coup. As you can see, it didn't work." She too looked towards the forest. This is what happened to criminals like them. "How about you? Probably not for something petty." She said, scanning the horizon in hopes of seeing any sign of a passing ship or more land.

"Killed a government official, of course they'll probably just get a new one but y'know it might be better here then there." He watched her. "Don't bother looking for anything else, no cruises are gonna take us off the island. We should probably get to surviving or else we won't make it back." He suggested. Then a man wearing just a little bit of cloth came out from behind a tree and made a hissing sound. "What the hell...?"

Jo looked back over to him, nodding. "I suppose you're right. They wouldn't let ships get too close to this place." She said, looking to the forest again. When a barely clothed figure popped out and hissed, she felt the hair on the back of her neck rise. They were not alone, and something told her these people were not in the mood to help them survive. "We should go." She muttered, keeping her eyes fixed on the creature.

"Right, uh, what's your name again?" He kept an eye on the man as he continually walked away. The more he looked into the forest the more shadows he saw. Then he realized there were more then just one man. An entire tribe was standing and watching. He stood stiff and pointed towards the forest. Then, whispering he said, "Whatever you do, do not make any sudden movements. We need to find a safe place... preferably away from these" he paused trying to think of what they were, with no luck, "creeps."

"Call me Jo." Josephine responded stiffly, nodding to his suggestion to move away from them. "We should find food before we become theirs." She muttered, sidestepping slowly across the beach. She wasn't about to become anything's supper, and these things looked like they could definitely do the job. They'd need to find food and fresh water quickly, and then get some sort of shelter made. Perhaps something high up. Definitely something protected against them.

"Come on." She whispered. "Looks like they don't want to get close." She said, looking down the beach towards a cliff. There could be sea caves around there that could make a nice place to live. Well, at least if this was high tide and it was all the farther water got onto the shore. They'd need a way to arm themselves too. She would have loved a rifle in her hands and a knife in her boot, but they didn't have such luxuries now. And something told her that the group that stood before them weren't the only ones on the island.

"Right. " He nodded "Oh and my names Alex by the way." He stared at the people still hiding behind trees. "If we're going to find food we either need to head deeper into the forest," he jerked his thumb in the forest direction, "or find a way to catch some fish." He pointed towards the beach. "Either way has it's difficulties, making rods, or facing...these things." He shuddered and looked at Jo to make the decision.

"I'd say we save the pleasantries for later. Yes, we should stay as far away from the trees as possible." She noticed the things were starting to run back into the forest. Likely to regroup and discuss about what they should do- if they even spoke. "We will likely need defenses. I can't imagine they're too friendly." She said, starting to move a bit faster with fewer humanoids to watch them. "I'm sure there are berries, mushrooms, things like that on the outskirts of the woods." She found a long piece of solid driftwood that was a little bit slimy from the ocean. She shook her hand in disgust, but kept the stick. "I can make a fire- I know how. But I don't know if we want one with those things." She peered towards the cliffs, seeing a small indent into the limestone. "We could stay in there. Find some leaves and sticks for cover, it'd keep us safe enough for now."

Alex nodded, "Right. Sounds good." He looked towards the cliff Jo was and thought. "Once we get up we should probably make multiple other hideouts, just in case problems. As for defenses the only thing I can see being useful would be anything we can make out of rocks and stick." He thought for a second. "Or maybe we'll get lucky and find a crashed fishing boat? Probably not but we should keep our eyes open." He looked . into the forest. "What kinda animals you think will be in there? Other then the weird tribe people or whatever."

Status
Not open for further replies.