Banished

V

Vanq

Original poster
The game's been on my wish list for a while, finally picked it up on a weekend deal for half off.

Anyone else have it, enjoy it, etc?

With games like this I tend to start over a lot, get a feel for different strategies and planning. I'm about half and half on these attempts on having a relatively thriving town in the difficult first few years and losing half to the town to starvation.

Pirated it when I it was first released due to lack of funds. Bought it at full price some time later. Haven't played it in a few months.

A fun and relaxing game. Though last time I played it in depth there wasn't a really useful end strategy and it was impossible to maintain a small cozy village without having issues.

Very fun and comfy when you're in the mood for it. Just wish there were more goals.

I get what you're saying. I haven't logged too many hours into it yet, but I do wish there were different levels to the buildings, or ways to upgrade them to be more efficient. I know when I first added it to my wish list it was beta...or at least I'm pretty sure it was. I'm hoping for updates, or maybe mods that allow that sort of thing.

Overall, I find games like this relaxing in the micromanaging type of way, but I do get the feeling you reach a point where it would be "why bother continuing."