Banished From Equestria (Sign-up and OOC)

• Thread starter The Wandering Magus
  • Start date
Well, I doubt I'm from the same time period as you all, so I may need to call in somepony in my place... I'll see who I can find.

"Wavelength is from a future Equestria?!? How the buck is he teaching a kindergarten class then?!?!"

Not overtly far into the future... I'm modern. This suit's not particularly sci-fi, it's just detailed.

and really, if you think about it, and assume that magic is indistinguishable from technology as far as application goes, his so-called "suit" can just be called "magic armor" as far as anypony is concerned and BAM fantasy.

All right! ...So where do I show up? I have no idea where I'd come from. According to my actual backstory, I'm a member of the Great Plains Atomic Research Center.

portal/magic/SCIENCE malfunction? seems popular and semi-believable. And it'd be amusing to have you run into camp completely lost and having no idea what just happened (xD)

Magus idea is good =)

But if you want something more normal, you could say you were banished because you refused to build some sort of atomic weapon of mass destruction and/or tried/succeded to sabotage the contruction of such thing. For avoiding the trouble of having to go past the gate and wander aimlessly until you "coincidentally" find the party, you cold say you were already banished and was near the cave for some reason, like being a part of the group that had camped there before or something alike.

Heh... our facility's in the middle of nowhere and we don't exactly deal in weapons; we're seeking power sources. Some kind of portal mishap? Like... I'm coming from another time period, or another dimension? With a little specification, this sounds like a really promising idea!

that works too :) maybe Celestia/Luna were going to use nuclear fusion power (sun power!) to give Equestria "the magic of electricity" or something. Then Trixie/Blueblood came along, took over, and wanted it turned into a weapon; doesn't take much to mess up such a plan, but they didn't know that.

Portal malfunction, time travel, alternate universe where none of this happened, alternate universe where tech advanced much faster, etc etc, also works.

All right, I think I'm about ready to join. What do you want me to leave here for the sign-up? Anything other than the standard form(which I'm filling out now)?

Alternatively, you could be trans-dimensionally re-located by a fifth-dimension being of incomprehensible power for the bettering of an alternate storyline that several others are heavily based around. That one dimension going a certain way can potentially have itself destroyed and it'll bring down all of its stemming dimensions as a result.

Yay Pinkie Pie!

Name:
Wavelength, unit Bravo 539.

Race:
Earth Pony.

Appearance:
Here's what I've drawn so far.

wolf_petal___kitty_prom_by_bravo539-d5zidm3.png

how_s_work_by_bravo539-d60olfy.png

not_at_all_dangerous_by_bravo539-d5zie13.png

hazardous_materials_handler_bravo_539_by_bravo539-d5wrnv4.png

brother_and_sister_by_bravo539-d60pzvn.png

Personality:
Follower, either cheerful or confused most of the time. Hard to get me mad.

I am easily fascinated, but will stay on track during investigations. Sometimes I'll slip into 'logic mode' and temporarily lose my sense of humor, though my personality is usually a cheerful, uplifting one when I'm having a good day. Good days are when nopony lost my files, I'm not late again, the laboratory's roof is holding over my head, and stuff is on fire in the test chamber.

I have had no experience with friends outside the lab... and they aren't exactly friends. Colleagues are annoying.

Abilities:
My cutie mark signifies more than a talent; my skin absorbs any and all wavelengths of light, building up energy inside me. If I get too anxious to concentrate, I start glowing and emitting dangerous radiation. I usually wear my suit for everypony else's protection as much as mine.

Origin:
Raised in the dorm wing of the Great Plains Research Facility.

Background/Biography:
I was born to a poor couple in a run-down town. I was separated from them by poverty; a scientist liked my quick learning habits and sturdy body, and asked if he could raise me as a facility employee. Seeing no healthier option, my parents accepted for my own good. I have yet to meet them again...

How I showed up:
Another test chamber mishap, though unlike Monday, this one yielded different results from really bad-smelling fire on the walls.

Inventory:
Powered hazardous environment suit with solar recharge (has a long-range microscopic camera, bright full-spectrum headlamp, energy armor against light/radiation, fire extinguisher, and HUD with life support). Just me in the suit; that's all that entered the test chamber, and nothing came back out. Management's about to have a really bad day...

Have you read and agreed to all the rules?:
That I do!

I ain't joining 'til I've been confirmed, just a heads-up...

accepted, Wavelength :] welcome to BFE! I'll try to get your sign-up on the first posts asap.

Very well! I'll watch for an awkward moment to pop in unannounced.

Well, everypony appears to be sleeping around a camp fire... I was thinking it would happen in broad daylight a little ways away from the party when they're active. I'm supposed to be a plucky comic relief, not a dark, mysterious figure in the night.

"BOO!!" xD well, anytime you want.

Wavelength glanced to the left and right, then looked back at Magus. Well... surpriiiise, he said with mock-enthusiasm and an awkward grin.

As the pony watched in awe, the world bent down and hugged him like a teddy bear. xD