Balancing Plot and Smut

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

chainedfiction

Original poster
One of my other questions stemming from the curiosity branch of my brain cells! How does one balance plot and smut? o.o

I only use smut when the scene calls for it. Typically, one or two smut scenes per story is enough for me because they can get rather lengthy. But it's all up to personal preference!

True, it is definitely all up to personal preference. I always do more plot than smut, letting the scenarios come in naturally. I'm just curious about how someone can balance plot and smut. I mean, I tend to think of it as like there's obviously either more sex or more plot, never a middle ground. That's why curiosity has touched my brain cells yet again~ :bouncy:

Yeah! I usually go by only one or two scenes, that feels like just enough. Happy roleplaying, m'dear!

I'll see what people who do balance plot and smut have- their preferences~ ovo

I would say one sex act for every chapter would balance it! 8D Like if your roleplay was organized scene by scene for the chapters. Say today's scene was about the events at a party, aaall of the juicy party drama between blahblah characters, and then a sex scene in a closet. Or if the scene was about something shitty that happened at school, and then makeup sex in the car.

"Balance" is prolly going to mean something different for everyone. O__O I know that for ME, I can't just have two characters show up and start having sex, and then keeping doing random sex scenarios. I like to build relationships between characters, and create a story about those people and the world around them. Then all those sex scenes in random places are soooo much more interesting for me!

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
Ahhh, here I am, trying to be miss critical lawl... Thank you very much for your guys' explanations! :)

For me, 'balance' is usually only keyed in if there is a) a reason for the sex scene to happen unless I know I'm roleplaying for a mostly smutty rp and my partner tells me beforehand and b) if the characters are actually getting something done aside from getting themselves off in proportion to each other. I don't have a problem with mostly smut roleplays since I have tried them, but even then there should be something at least driving all that smut forward .___.

xD Just look at one of my roleplays, it's already about to reach 500 posts and still no smut! Though it is going to happen, the plot just doesn't allow for the smut to happen yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.