Bait [Citizen of worlds & Winterwings version]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess pushing him to tell me the whole story would get me in trouble...

I listened as he told me about what he wanted for my dad. I understood that yes, not everything in this world is bought, that sometimes the best things in life are free, like now: I have a temporary break from the ordinary life. I wouldn't be able to pay for anything like this.

I couldn't understand, though, why I felt a tiny bit of hurt somewhere within me when he said that he wasn't planning on keeping me forever. I mean, of course not, but the way he said it hit me.
I shrugged and sighed. "Well, I'm here, and his pride's pretty damaged by now, but I don't think... that's... erm, never mind."

I lay back and stretched my legs and back, trying to get the tiredness out of me, only resulting in me getting back in the mood to sleep.
"What time is it?" I asked, realizing that there was no way that I could tell the time in here. "And, um, sorry, I lost track of time. How long have I been with you?"

After a few minutes of staring at the ceiling, I decided to speak up. "You know... A part of me doesn't mind being here." I looked to check his reaction before continuing. "I guess this gives me more time to... I don't know, think? Get away from the people I usually meet, 'cause my interests and thinking don't seem to fit in with theirs... And it's been a long time since I've had pasta." I smiled at the last thing I said, remembering the food he made. That seemed to be the best meal I've had all week.

Status
Not open for further replies.