BAD HABITS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay so I have this weird thing where when one of my friends will say something, I'll repeat it but with rhymes. It gets on everyone's nerves and I don't even notice I'm doing it sometimes.

Person:"Let's go for a drink."
Me: "Let's go for a think, a ping, lets snow for a ping, let's low for a ping pong ball-"
Person: "STOP."

It's a really bad habit and I don't even recognize I'm saying it so loudly. Idk.

• Love
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
Bad habits of LogicfromLogic:

*Chewing on my mouth/lips/tongue/nails/fingers
*Biting my hands
*Picking
*Drumming and making tons of fucking noise when I get super de duperty nervous
*Stuttering when I am around people
*Being sarcastic when I get too annoyed
*Talking and never, never shutting up
*Making up excuses not to do something even if that something is very important
*Leaving lights on
*Leaving the door open so the cat gets out and takes a fucking our to catch her again
*Humming
*Stashing food away like a damn squirrel
*Cussing
*More cussing
*Forgetting to call
*Forgetting a lot, like poor @Diana had to reset my email address because I forgot the other email and unfortunately my only way of getting back to said email was lost when my poor bastard of a Toshiba died
*Organizing shit on shelves in stores

I'm sure that there are many others, just too humiliating and really pathetic to list them off really.

Okay so I have this weird thing where when one of my friends will say something, I'll repeat it but with rhymes. It gets on everyone's nerves and I don't even notice I'm doing it sometimes.

Person:"Let's go for a drink."
Me: "Let's go for a think, a ping, lets snow for a ping, let's low for a ping pong ball-"
Person: "STOP."

It's a really bad habit and I don't even recognize I'm saying it so loudly. Idk.
That's not annoying, that sounds awesome! XD

[QUOTE="Kaga-kun, post: 2646308, member: 6519"I'm sick and tired of peeling and biting at the skin around my nails until they start bleeding[/QUOTE]
Heh...You forgot this "]"

And also, instead of peeling my nails/skin to the point I bleed, I also have a habit of continuously cleaning the insides of my nails...Pisses off my parents greatly...

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thank You
Reactions: Gonzo
Plucking and ripping my nails would definitely be one. Toes and fingers both.

They say it is because of an iron deficiency, it would/should also explain my constant craving for spicy food, so I have been trying to eat more nuts and red meat. It just makes me feel so bloated afterwards, though. >_>

Or knacking my fingers. I have been called out on it so many timed, but no idea how to stop it. It just feels so good, and the knowledge that it doesn't do any actual harm makes it harder for me to stop.

Last edited:
Or knacking my fingers. I have been called out on if so many timed, but no idea how to stop it. It just feels so good, and the knowledge that it doesn't do any actual harm makes it harder for me to stop.

I do the same. That, and I crack my neck. Constantly. II honestly don't care if it bothers people anymore. It feels good, so I'm gonna do it.

I do the same. That, and I crack my neck. Constantly. II honestly don't care if it bothers people anymore. It feels good, so I'm gonna do it.

LITERALLY MY LIFE RIGHT NOW...

Freaks some of my friends out, too =_=

(I should get it checked ._.)

Another bad habit I have is getting left and right mixed up a lot, like if I'm driving with someone and they tell me to take a left I need at least 5 seconds to resort it in my head and actually go left instead of right. Not sure why, might be because I'm left handed but it is rather annoying for both myself and the people who have to deal with it.

Another is cursing I swear nearly all the time, not so much when typing, I try to keep my language a bit more clean online, but from day to day nearly every sentence has at least a curse or two in it.

It's not as much a compulsion as some of the things people have already said but...

I'm bad at deadlines. TERRIBLE at them. I mean not only do I do work last minute, but I legitimately really find it difficult to even think about a task until the deadline is right on top of me. It's like my brain flags it off as 'not important 'til later' before it even gets to be a conscious thought.

'Procrastinating' doesn't seem to cover it; I'm not putting off working on it; it simply doesn't even occur to me that I should.

Another bad habit I have is getting left and right mixed up a lot, like if I'm driving with someone and they tell me to take a left I need at least 5 seconds to resort it in my head and actually go left instead of right. Not sure why, might be because I'm left handed but it is rather annoying for both myself and the people who have to deal with it.
Aye, I've heard that that's a common problem that left-handed people struggle with. Something about knowing that your dominant side is the opposite of most people's, so you feel the need to switch things around when you hear "right" or "left", even when it isn't necessary, because you're so accustomed to being the opposite of most people... or something like that. I don't remember the specifics, but I have heard about that before.

Aye, I've heard that that's a common problem that left-handed people struggle with. Something about knowing that your dominant side is the opposite of most people's, so you feel the need to switch things around when you hear "right" or "left", even when it isn't necessary, because you're so accustomed to being the opposite of most people... or something like that. I don't remember the specifics, but I have heard about that before.
That sounds close the explanation I heard for it as well. It happens for me mainly when giving or receiving directions, often got me in trouble as a kid. Though the explanation I heard for it was on Game Grumps so probably not all that accurate. (Not saying yours isn't correct just that the version I heard most likely isn't)

12193729_911928358882840_4571847634868949810_n.png

@Kaga-kun

Lol ok lets see...

1) I swear alot
2) I love making cynical/sarcastic comments about things/situations/people (not entyreli un-waranted at times, ofc)
3) I'm adicted to pineapple juice
3) I always say vhat I think, even if it sometimes comes a little abrasive to people
5) I'm borderline sex-addict
6) I'm borderline pain-addict
7) I often act before I think things thru
8) I cant say NO to chocolate cakes at least once a week, even though they are bad for my strict workout diet
9) Same for a nice, yummy but totaly un-healthy pizza
10) I drive WAY too fast

...just off the top of my head :embarrassed: :bsmile:

• Love
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
I push things up till the last minute.
all the fucking time.

SO does everyone playing in my RPs.....

~chewing my lip until it bleeds
~pulling my eyelashes and hair
~tapping on a desk or table or something that makes noise
~forgetting to respond/reading a message and putting off responding till later
~scratching my skin until its painful
~letting my clean laundry stay in the basket for 2 weeks or so before putting it away
~leaving my cup(s) on the table for a few days before washing it
~not taking off my nail polish after its chipping off

I used to bite my nails but now I let them grow out and I try to paint my nails or go to the nail salon to get em done..

I don't *bite* my nails, I kind of... Dig under them with my fangs. It's hard to explain. I don't even know why I do it. But it weakens my nails a lot. :/

I don't *bite* my nails, I kind of... Dig under them with my fangs. It's hard to explain. I don't even know why I do it. But it weakens my nails a lot. :/
I used to do that a lot, though now my nail-related habit has much more to do with picking and biting the surrounding skin. I hadn't even realized that I sort of stopped digging under them with my teeth so much until you mentioned it.

...I think I'd still take the former over the latter, though.

I'm so much the timid, nervous sort that I fidget constantly. Even when there's nothing to be nervous about. Sometimes it'll turn into my fingernails piercing the skin underneath one another in rhythmic patterns. x__x I dig at the cuticles, too. Only way I can stop myself from tearing my fingers up is playing with a rubber band.

Another one I have involves gum. I'll chew the same piece for hours. Even when it gets all tough and weird. Chewing gum is a security thing I have, but also I think I just enjoy constantly chewing on things. To make things worse, it's not uncommon for me to take the gum out of my mouth, stretch it a couple times, then go back to chewing it. D:

tumblr_m6d4voHc0s1qgvo7ho2_250.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.