Bad Days

Night was shocked when his skin contacted hers. It was cold as ice, and while hearing what she was saying, he grabbed her hands.
"Why are they cold?" He asked her, scared for her

"...h-heh?" she was quite shocked when you held her hand, she looked away her cheeks turning rosy,"L-let go.... p-please..." she wasn't used to people touching her mostly when it's a guy. She continued looking away while feeling embarrass, "i... don't know what your talking about. that's how i really am...." luckily you were someone she knew, otherwise she would have smack you or kicked you for defense.

Night looked up in surprise, then smiled to himself when he saw Rayne blushing.
"Aww, your face is turning red!" He laughed and squeezed her cold hand just to tease her.

"Alright, I won't ask about your hands," he said softly.

Rayne's whole face turned red, "S-stop it...I-im not used to this yet..." her voice was softer than before, she looked down trying to avoid eye contact, she was really blushing hard. "P-please..." Her hands has always been cold, thats why no one bothered to touch her even her own parents, she remembered one of those, everyone avoided her one day when someone felt her skin. That's one of her bad days, to be alone and avoided.

He laughed softly, and it was as if he could understand what she felt.
"It's okay," he started softly, " I'm not going anywhere away."

He felt amused at Rayne's tomato-red face, and felt the need to tease her more. He used his finger and brushed her cheeks, the warmth radiating.

Her eyes widen at those words, "I'm not going anywhere away," those words was the first time that she heard of it, no one had ever said that before so how come she wanted to cry? Was she sad that someone had said that? Disappointed? or was she happy that someone she had never talked to had said that. Those words were comforting to her, it made her feel much more relax, she placed down her hands with the ribbon they had played earlier and accidentally ruined the knots.

She flinched from the touch of his finger on to her cheek, it was really warm. Warmth, she had never felt that before unless it was summer, it felt really good, no not good, it was great. She didn't mind anymore but then she was still conscious her hands was shaking a bit while closing her eyes tight. No matter what, she shouldn't get used to this, since there will be once that this warmth will leave. "S..st..." why is it that she cant say it?

Night looked at Rayne quizzically. Did she say something? Nahh, he thought. He realised she seemed to be having conflicting emotions.

He leaned forward until he was close to her ears. "Now, now. Relax, Rayne-chan," he whispered into her ear. Suddenly, he had an urge to hug her, to comfort her. He released holding her hands and wrapped his arms around Rayne, rubbing her back to soothe her.

"I'm serious. I'm not going anywhere. If you need me I'll be there for you." He whispered once again into her ear.

"Now, now. Relax, Rayne-chan" she heard as he did hugged her, was he rubbing her back? 'cause she can feel perfectly, "I'm serious. I'm not going anywhere. If you need me I'll be there for you." she felt a breath near her ears as she shuddered a bit. Why was he so near? How did he know she was afraid of being alone? Why was he.. being nice to someone like her. She looked down and leaned closer, she hoped he wouldn't misunderstand it's just that... her face was really red, almost like she was having a fever.

Night was really different from all the people she had met, that's why she wanted to stay away. Before she would knew something that might hurt her.

Night let go of her. "You feeling better now?" He asked softly, his green eyes glimmering in the dim light of the living room. Striker should really change the lighting one of these days, he thought.

"I'll get something for us to eat, and I'll make something for cousin too," Night spoke as he went to the kitchen. "Don't worry," he added, "I'm not going away from you or anything!" He was worried Rayne might become more closed up if he did not get the right message for his actions through her.

He stopped at the entrance of the kitchen and looked back at Rayne, smiling a little.

"You're still blushing."

"I'll get something for us to eat, and I'll make something for cousin too," she stopped moving for a second until he had said for her not to worry, she stared at him with a pity look he might be doing this since she don't have that much friends, nothing more right? No there was something other than that, she didn't what to think of that. "You're still blushing," she looked down avoiding eye contact, "Sh-shut...up." she said stuttering a bit, of course she knows she was still blushing, and it was because of him too.

"Hey I'm back," Night announced softly. He placed a plate full of grapes and fries on the coffee table.

"Sorry, Striker doesn't seem to have much of anything," he said sheepishly to her, and he went and carried the other plate, same contents but also with fried chicken bits.

"Eat up, Rayne-chan," he said, as he walked to Striker's door and knocked it.

"Um, hey cousin. I have some food for you." He said through the door.

"Your cousin?" then Rayne remembered, Striker was the one staying behind that door, she had hear of him from the adults she had met earlier, maybe they were his parents? or was it someone that he had known before? She stared at the door and wondered, why is it she haven't seen him left since a while ago? Does he never leave the room? Lot's of questions was in her mind, then stared at the plate near her, she got some grapes and placed it on her left hand, she ate it one by one slowly placing it in her mouth, once she touched her skin she stared at her hands, for her it was already warm why was she cold to other? Her skin was somehow pale yet it fitted her figure perfectly, she almost looked like a doll like how everyone had said, because of her light whitish bubblegum pink hair and matching bright pink eyes and all, she had a slim body for her age and she wasn't that tall or that small too. It wasn't hard for her to fit in school, although she never once talked to anybody there.

"Um, hey cousin. I have some food for you." she heard Night say, since they were cousin they must be close right? She wondered what had happened to Striker before, before what happened now she means. Maybe something terrible had happen that made him never leave the room? That must be really terrible, she took a couple of grapes again and began eating it slowly, they were sweet, she loved grapes and also strawberries, mostly she liked sweet stuff since it makes her enjoy the flavor.

"I don't want to do anything, I just want to sleep," He told his friend, groaning as he heard his cousins voice through the door, "I'm not hungry! Will everyone please just leave me alone? I don't feel good, today. I took my medicine, I've been drinking water and stuff, I'm fine. Just-- I'm tired and I feel like shit and I want to cry but I can't and I just. . . I can get through this myself. I just- I just need a little bit of time."

His cousin and friend. . . he wanted to let them help him but he didn't want to be a burden. He wanted them to be able to go on with their days and not have to worry about him. He was so sad, and he didn't want to disappoint them if they couldn't help him.

Night smiled gently, stepped back a little, and kicked the door open.

"Nothing is gonna stop me from getting you food cousin," he said softly, and walked in and placed the food on the side table.

He widened his eyes in surprise and smiled at the girl beside him. "Not bad striker, you got a girlfriend," Night said jokingly. "If you need anything I'll be outside at the living room. Rayne-chan's here on a visit, I think~" he added before walking out of the room, closing the slightly bent door.

She shook her head lightly and raised a brow "Medicine and such will help, so will sleep, but food as well." She jumped lightly as the door moved open and she blinked standing blush crawling along her cheeks "Girlfriend... Uh no." She picked up the thermos and looked to Striker and picked up her cellphone off the desk. "Try to eat please, your cousin knows what, he is talking about." She shrugged and slipped by the door's threshold but hesitated there for a long moment "I'll be back soon enough to check on you, I swear Striker, don't lock the window." She shot him a slight smile and made her way towards the front door waving to Rayne along the way. "A couple hours, nothing more." It was a chant as she walked out of the room, a consistent mantra, almost as if she was trying not to forget.

Rayne got a bit curious and popped her head out at the right side of the door, 'Be nice to the people here alright Rayne? Pay a visit for Striker for me and your dad, his our friends son, now stay there until we come back for you okay? I'm sure there will be others who'll visit him.' he must be Striker then. The boy her parents told her about, she stared at him, how long has he been staying in this room? He was on his bed staying there not wanting anyone to help him, why is that?

She did a little wave to Striker then at Night,
"H-hello..."