Back to School...

P

PoetLore

I AM SOOOOOO OVER SUMMER!!

Ahem..sorry...I"m better now. Anyway, as I was saying or rather shouting. I am over summer. I'm ready for the kids to go back to school and having something to do besides complain about being bored. I was one of those kids that LOVED school. I couldn't wait to get back and the summer dragged for me.

Were you a YAY back to school kid? OR

An OH NO...summer's over kid?

I was not a fan of returning to school. At least not beyond the first week.
That first week back for me ( as well as tons of others ) was like a fashion show as a kid, and the best place to wear the new clothes I had gotten specifically for school. From my new Skechers being on fleek in elementary school to the cringest HotTopic/Spencer's Gifts garb in high-school.

Nowadays as an adult with no children.....I still loathe the end of summer. Why, you may ask?
Because I work for the Department of Education, and so when the summer ends my sweet hibernation vacation comes to an end as well.
Basically my work schedule is the same as the kiddies / the same as when I too was a student.

Needless to say....I'm in the market for a time machine so that September 5th never comes ;___;

• Love
Reactions: PoetLore
I HATED SCHOOL. Ò◇Ó Having to sit still in uncomfortable desks surrounded by humans all day... it was a nightmare. I loved learning things, but the whole experience of being at school just had me in a constant state of anxiety.

As an adult all summer means to me is hot weather and a very active forum season. O: I can def do without the heat.

• Sympathy & Compassion
Reactions: PoetLore