"I doubt they were your friends. If they didn't stick by you, they aren't worth keeping around. They're clearly fake friends, Franky. My friends have stuck with me since the 60s. Yours disappear because you're going through trouble? They should have stuck by you if they cared," he pointed out with a contemplative frown, before deciding to move to sit beside his ex, despite it going against everything he had thought for years. Holding onto anger wasn't the healthiest decision, after all.

"I can make it all better for you again, easily. You could have your businesses booming again by the end of the month, and have all those fake friends rallying around you," he hummed, pressing in a little closer. "...I'm willing to help you, but I won't do it for nothing. I want something in return, so what are you going to offer me, hm~?"

“What would you want?” He replied with a raised brow. The whole interaction wasn’t what he was expecting, so how was he supposed to react? His dead ex was in his apartment after hurting his best friend alluding to sex? At least, that’s how he interpreted it. Running a hand through his hair, he eyed Leopold slowly.

“What, was I that good? It’s been nearly 100 years and you’re still willing to kiss me~?” He questioned with a purr as a smile did eventually grow. “I’m honored. You had decades to find someone better yet here you are. That’s impressive~!”

"I never said I wanted to kiss you, Franky. I was hinting for an actual item. My friend Jessica is like a sister to me; she's like the protective big sister in our group. She likes shoes and handbags and all of that, so I want you to buy a few nice items for her. I have the cash, but why would I spend it when you can do that for me? I have another friend who's into his sports, so maybe some expensive sneakers would be cool for him-- you really thought a kiss would be enough for me to restore your reputation for you? I'm not a pushover. If I wanted something physical, I'd ask you for sex," he blurted easily, shrugging calmly at the confident remark. He wasn't as outspoken on sex as Keisuke or Sanghai, but, coming from a time where he couldn't even express his sexuality, he was at least somewhat happy he could be as open as he was right now.

"Mind you, I wouldn't mind sleeping with you. It'd piss my friends off, but they don't need to know-- though I've seen the men you've been 'dating', I don't really compare with them, physically. I did my research on you. You've been dating models and actors. I'm confident, but I'm not deluded. I'm hardly model material," he shrugged, his perfect brow arching. "...I bet you love the spotlight when you were with those people, didn't you? You're such an attention whore, Franky."

“At least I’m honest,” he replied, clearing his throat as he avoided Leopold’s eyes to stop from a blush growing on his cheeks. Despite his status, he definitely had, had sex with people for his reputation. It was embarrassing but it was the truth, and while he was essentially on the top of the world when it came to popularity that didn’t mean that wasn’t an option.

“Some shoes? That’s it? That’s hardly a punishment,” he continued with a chuckle before moving to grab his phone. “Fine. Anything specific? Shoe size? I’ll admit, I’m a little underwhelmed. I thought the big, tough Leopold would have concocted some devious plan.”

"I'm neither big nor tough, I think we can establish that. I'm smart, Franky. I've managed to make your life hell without really doing anything too... physical. Sure, I've had to hurt some people, but I'm more comfortable behind the scenes, thinking up places. Keisuke and Sanghai do the physical stuff. Keisuke's pretty big and Sanghai's tough, so they're more capable than I am," the vampire responded, only stopping once he realised he had dropped Sanghai's name into the conversation. Regardless, the truth would have come out eventually, and he couldn't help but feel a tad smug about it now the truth had been spilled.

"...What, you didn't know Sanghai was my best friend? I'm sure you know him well by now, he comes here a lot. Kyle wasn't involved in the plan, by the way. They just clicked and I was happy to let him date him. I just thought he could be your guard and I could learn a lot of information-- considering how your life's gone the last few months, I learned a lot. See? I might not have brawn, but I have brains at least," he boasted, putting his glass aside and taking the step to replicate his earlier behaviour by taking Franky's cheeks in his hands. "Don't look so mad about it, Franky. I learned most of this from you back when we were dating; all this planning. You should be proud you got outsmarted by little old me; I could barely look you in the eye when we first met, and now look. Now cheer up. Sanghai found love through all this, I feel like I'm partly responsible for that, and it makes me happy. You can't get mad when a couple found love out of this, it's pretty beautiful I think~!"

He didn’t know why but his first thing he did was roll his eyes. It might have been an excuse to look away from Leo, or maybe it was in reaction to the whole thought of someone ‘loving’ Kyle, especially when it was Sanghai - from what he experienced, the man wasn’t very... normal. A bit too loud, a bit too sporadic, and yet they somehow hit it off. It was annoying.

“I’ll admit, you’ve definitely been more confident. I remember how cute it was to see you nervous around everyone, constantly blushing. It was cute, that’s why I liked you. You’re still cute, just a bit more... rough around the edges, I suppose,” he purred with a smirk. “I’m still pissed, though. You’re smart but annoying.”

"Smart but annoying-- that would have been cute on my headstone, even if I didn't really get one because you just dumped me in a shallow ditch, but whatever. I'm not holding onto a grudge about that or anything," he sarcastically drawled, moving for his champagne again. Sitting in a fancy apartment with some champagne and Franky at his side was perfect. Sure, he still didn't know what he wanted to do with Franky, but for once, he was relieved of stress and able to enjoy himself. If he left, he would have to deal with his friends bombarding him eagerly for the grisly details about how he hurt Franky. He didn't want to deal with that, but he also knew he couldn't sit around avoiding it.

"I should go," he sighed heavily, pushing himself from the leather couch. "I don't want to go, but... they think I came to kill you. Hell, I wanted to, but... I can't. I might not bother restoring your reputation, I might keep the 'gang' thing going-- I don't know whether to just say, hey, this is over and we can move on, because that doesn't seem fair, but I do want to do that, Franky. I still love you, I guess."

“Why?” He questioned suddenly. “Why do you still love me? I ruined your life, right? Why would you not want to beat the shit outta me, Leo? I know I would if I were you. Just... I guess I feel bad that you’re just going to leave. I get you back and you’re going to leave and that’s that?”

Frowning at the sight, he lounged back in his chair further as he stared up at the other man. “Is it selfish that I want to kiss you? I know you probably think I’m lying but fuck, I’m... glad you’re okay, yeah? Assuming you’re still as good of a kisser as you used to be, you’ve been the best kisser I’ve ever met in the last 90 years.”

"You don't get me back, Franky. How pathetic do you think I am? Yes, I still... love you, but I also still hate you. Besides, even if I wanted to fall into your arms, I'm not going to do that within ten minutes of having started to speak to you again. How irresistible do you think you are? You're cute, Franky, but you aren't so cute that I'd drop years of hurt in a second. Maybe I want to be wooed a little? Maybe I want you to prove that you like me? Maybe I want to be the one who's chased for a change?" He yawned, adjusting his coat with a quiet peek down at the cars below, smiling at the sight of Jessica's old car still parked where she promised she'd be. He didn't mind if they had grown bored and left, but he didn't really fancy a long walk back to his apartment.

"...Maybe you should come back to my place and meet my friends? I'd believe that you liked me if you took some shit from them," he admitted quietly, his grin growing. "Sanghai might even be there after his cute date with Kyle, and I know he's been wanting to punch your lights out since you guys met. Apparently you were an ass to him at some restaurant."

Reactions: saturnia pavonia
“I was enjoying a nice dinner with my close friend and he ruined it,” he replied simply with a scoff before setting his head in his hand, a soft frown emerging before folding his legs neatly. Loosening his tie, he simply shrugged. Once again, he was keeping the cool-guy vibe, mostly to seem calm, though he knew his relaxed aura often attracted people.

“No way in hell am I going to meet your friends. If anyone is going to ‘punch my lights out’ I want it to be you. I don’t want some stranger to make me less handsome than I already am.” He sternly insisted. “It’s you or no one, understood?”