1. Look for groups
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. One post per week
  3. Slow As Molasses
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Modern Fiction, Sci-Fi & Fantasy, Historic/Period. I'm quite versatile and open. More prone to original content than fandoms, though base inspiration is welcome.
Hello hello. I'm Jess and it's been quite awhile for me since my last roleplay, but gosh do I have an itch to write. I'm looking for someone fairly relaxed. While I can churn out monster posts, I prefer the average post to be shorter (mmm a few paragraphs or so).

Planning together is important to me, so any ideas I end up listing here is going to be wanting negotiation. I'll double, I'll play male or female with equal interest.

I'd prefer to talk this over in PMs, so if you post in this thread instead, expect a PM back! Below are ideas and characters both. I figure both are good starting points.

Any ideas of yours that you would like to bring up, please do. Fantasy, sci fi, intriguing realistic fiction, historical. All game.

Set in a world much like our own where, if there is magic/abilities, most are unaware of it. This man can change his appearance to look like others. Though leading a mostly unremarkable life, he has become who the Underground calls the Alibi Man. Paid and paid well, he takes on the face of whoever's photograph he is given and spends the night doing whatever it is he's told to do, blissfully unaware of whatever crimes the real individual is committing.

I imagine this to have a crime/thriller flavor. We can develop the world and other characters and main conflict together.
Classic imaginary friend, mother encourages the child to grow up, friend goes away. The friend was, of course, real, but long after that friend has disappeared from the memory of the now-adult, he/she returns to ask for help.

Imaginary friends do not exist, but Watchers do. Employees of (Alien Federation), they are hired to find any means of living on Earth without interrupting its ecosystems, in order to study conditions and inhabitants. Imaginary friends, schizophrenic hallucinations, fairy god parents, and ghosts - humans gave these aliens many opportunities to slide into their world.

We will need to discuss the reason for asking for help. It can be personal (I've done something wrong and need shelter, show me how to human) or large scale (the aliens have decided that Earth will be its new place of settlement and all of humanity is in danger, but I like humans now that I've watched them so long). Obviously these would be very different stories. Any other idea I'd love to discuss.
Originally spurred by a breakthrough in advanced prosthetics, the human race for a time became one with its technology. It began with a leg, an arm, an organ and soon became the entire body. Individuals could download a scan of their brain and synapses into a new body with a computer for a brain. They were, by all means, the people they were before the coma, the tragedy and death. Whole people, however, grew scared of these robots. They claimed they were no longer human, immortal life was a crime against the race and for some, against God.

Containment camps were constructed for anyone with so much as a prosthetic toe. Some escaped this fate by simply taking the arm or leg off and doing without, but others didn't have the choice. In the time it took to decide what to do with these monsters, they were forgotten. They had been at work, doing menial tasks to benefit society from inside the walls of the camps. The first to go were those still human. Food and supplies came less and less, medicine had always been scarce, violence ensued. This left only the most savvy and the most robotic.

Today, a decade after the camps were filled, there is a string of wasteland and decay miles from the central cities. Many of the mechs went mad in their isolation and despair. They have no purpose now and don't require much. Quite a few went on in disrepair until failure. Some prevail. There is rumor, however, that a city rose from the scrap yards and a true society resides there.

Due to (whatever we decide) circumstances, our characters find themselves in need of this city and on the way.
4) HISTORICAL) Something Western
We would need to flesh out a premise from scratch, but I'd love something western themed.

Last edited:
Reactions: DargonVonrae
Still looking?

Status
Not open for further replies.