6. Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Male
  2. Primarily Nonbinary
Genres
Fantasy, (Cosmic) Horror, /Romance/, Supernatural.
Please know my actions are not motivated only by envy, I too have a destiny

El

7 years+

they/them

always sleepy

author and artist

MDT
code by MaryGold, heavily inspired by winnie

• About Me

Call me El
    I'm really looking for 1 or 2 long term partners. Hell, maybe even 3. and in the next widget you can find what I'm looking for in said partners. The 3rd widget is my interests and preferences, and the 4th is just a couple of loose leaf plots with no structure but some basic ideas to build around. In the meantime, here's everything you'll need to know about me.

Quality over quantity, I can usually always give you two 500+ worded paragraphs as long as I've got something to work with. I can be very description and inner-monologue driven if there isn't any active external dialogue or action going on. You can find an example of a brief starter post I wrote last year down below if you want a quick example of my writing style!

Response times can vary, but here's what you can count on; At minimum, one post/response every couple of days. At maximum, multiple responses a day. If there is ever anything that might limit or change this I am guaranteed to let you know. Communication is important. I'd say I have a generally laid back personality, so I'm not someone to hound you about quick responses. If it's been over a week then I'll probably give you a nudge.
    I myself might read a reply or a PM and not respond immediately but rest assured I will get to it that day. If we're having a OOC conversation and I disappear for a while it's not out of malicious intent, I probably just went to go do something.

And speaking of OOC, it's something that's important to me. There's 176 reaction pictures on my phone right now locked and loaded. Making friends with my partners and being able to joke around about our plots, characters, or our own real lives (only if you're comfortable on that end) is something I want to do! If you're the kind of person to make mood-boards or playlists, I will eat that up. No crumbs left, I love it all. I can give you my discord for these conversations if we click.

If there's anything you'd like to know about me personally and not about RP, don't be afraid to ask as we get to know each other!

I don't think I have a preference for where to to RP. Thread, PMs, again Discord are usually where I've seen most people go and all of these are perfectly fine with me. So if all that sounds good to you, then head on over to the next page!

Sample

Rhanis was not a religious man by any means. Not a day in his life. Not when he was in the back of the pews sweating under a hot day, and not at funerals when it seemed all was lost and the only place you had left to look was up. He'd taken the latest funeral in stride, doubts for his friend's loss of life aside. He let others have their beliefs and that was that. Yet now, he was beginning to question his own as he checked every empty room of his home. When he'd woken up he was certain it was supposed to be eight in the morning. And the clocks would tell him it was. Outside dark with no moon and only the illumination of street lights. He'd gotten up, washed, and dressed before he realized something was inherently wrong- and then came the creeping feeling of dread that was dragging a cold finger up his spine.
    It was unnerving how silent the world was as he stepped out of his own home and into the street. Quieter than what he could only imagine even a void could be. He could faintly track his own heartbeat without much effort and felt like his footsteps echoed longer than they should've. Something wasn't right. Distinctly and horribly so. The brief thought that he was possibly dreaming crossed his mind, but he'd never been able to become lucid, and there was something to be said about the pain of biting his own tongue. Empty was the word that came to mind as his gaze shifted around. The stilted man whistled lowly and listened to it carry outward endlessly. He waited to see if there was any answer, unmoving under the single circular light on that street corner. He was left waiting.

• What I want from you

I don't think I'm too picky, but I'll be very specific on what I want out of a person to save both you and me time. This may be a tad bit long, but it'll serve as a good filter.

18+!! I myself am 22, which means I can play explicit scenes. It would be greatly uncomfortable if I had a partner who wasn't of age to do so. Additionally I just find it easier to get along with people closer to my age.
    Side note, I do not require explicit anything, if you're not comfortable with it that's totally okay! The door is simply open.

A quick call back to what I said earlier, someone who's into chatting OOC and direct with communication! You don't owe me any details but if you're going to be away for some time, if you aren't feeling an RP, if there's something I said or that a character might've done/said that makes you uncomfortable: Let me know. It's important to me that we're both on the same page without any surprises. I'll list my icks and 'No thank you's' in the next widget but it's as equally valuable that I'm aware of your's as well. I want this to be something we both look forward to. Additionally, LGBT friendly. Your character's identifications are no problem of mine and I expect the same tolerance.

I'd never ask anyone to write me a 10 paragraph response, so as long as you can match with me or get close to it, I'm good to go. The infamous one liners aren't going to cut it. If you do end up writing more than me, please know that I do have my limits and unless I have a great muse or inspiration 3 good paragraphs is usually my maximum response. Grammar is important as well, but I won't grind anyone over the accidental typo or misuse of 'your'/'you're'.
    If you can post at least once every couple days, then I'm satisfied. I know people are busy and some people may have specific days of the week off even. If you've read till the end and think you'd be a good fit, but the only problem you have is a strict reply schedule- message me anyways! Let's see what we can work out.
    I myself have a Monday-Friday full time job, so you'll find my responses come in the evenings, and more often throughout the day on the weekends.

World building and plotting are important. I used to be pretty passive about both but I've been working on not being so like I was in past years. I don't need someone who's going to drive a whole plot without any collaboration, but I can't be the only one putting effort into our work. I'm normally one to plan out at least one event ahead of time once we sort out a plot, the rest can come out as we go. We don't have to know everything that's going to happen in the beginning, as long as we can keep an idea on where we're going as we RP. I find that tends to eliminate the weird cycle of empty replies with no idea where to go or how to progress the story.

I write in 3rd person, so it'd be easiest if my partner did as well.
    I can write multiple characters if you can, not a requirement but in case you were wondering. However, please be able to play any gender as needed. I find there's quite a bit of people who only want to play female characters, but I enjoy having an array of OC's if possible.

I've had my fair share of partners with over the top powered characters, believe me. It's fun, but it gets to a point where it's unreasonable. Be creative with your characters but know where to draw the line. It's important to have setbacks, weaknesses, and flaws when necessary.
    Speaking of characters let's agree not to move or dictate each others' in reply posts.

I think the very last thing is that if we fall in love with characters but we've run through a plot; I love reusing them in different scenarios. AU's are something I do and it would be nice if my partner was okay with this rather than being one and done then dropping them completely.

• If you've made it this far, then holy shit, hi :)

Here's to hoping this isn't the page that drives you off. I'm going to start off with some quick "No Thank You's". These are simply things that I won't or just don't do as a matter of preference. Some of these might seem obvious but I've seen people who've done it.

Abusive, dark, gritty themes. It's just not my thing.
    Over the top gore
    Anything non consensual
    Slice of life
    Designated tropes. I.E; Dom and Sub, Slave and Master, Teacher and Student. You get the idea
    Characters who aren't of age, this includes using faceclaims who look like children even if they're 'old enough'
    Overly tragic characters with no uplift (give that poor child a break)
    Animals (I used to, but I haven't in so long I fear it just won't be good for you or me)
    Strictly explicit roleplays
    Fandoms

Now here's the good stuff;

Romance, I need it. I don't need it to be immediate, nor quick. Slow burn it, enemies to lovers it, forced proximity it.
    Shit do all of the above even.... but I crave it nonetheless
    Horror (Cosmic horror, Eldritch horror. It's difficult to write but I love it)
    Mystery
    Supernatural; Vampires, werewolves, witches, ghouls, necromancers, hunters, etc.
    Fantasy, Urban Fantasy
    Space
    Action
    Adventure
    I'm sure there's more I'm just forgetting them right now, what's above is just what I like most
    Mix and match any of these!! I'm not one to stick to a strict theme if you don't want to

From highest preference to least; mxm, fxf, mxf
    mxf will probably require doubling up so we're even
    Of course, like I said, anything in between too! Nb, Transgender? Hit me with it.

• Still here? Perfect

Here's some of the loosest ideas I've conjured up that I'd be interested in doing, and I do mean loose. I'll put in bold the characters I'd prefer playing when appropriate, but I can do either for the first three. The last one however is simply set in stone for plot-ish reasons

• Two characters wake up in their small town, but the place has gone completely empty save for the two of them, and despite the fact that it's 1PM in the afternoon it's still completely dark outside. There's something wrong, the obvious aside. The place is distorted, like they're in some kind of dream. Doors that once led somewhere no longer lead there, some rooms are endless loops of themselves, buildings have no sensible spacial reason on the inside- becoming bigger than possible for their walls to hold. Neither knows how this happened, or why its the two of them- or is it?
      • this one is kind of hard to explain but I promise there's a premise...ishhh...

• An exorcist and an unwilling medium become an unlikely duo when the former's possessed target escaped them and moved on to become a very good serial killer and the only way to track it down is by talking to the ghosts of the people its killed
      • possible doubling up on this one? 👀 think John Constantine kind of exorcist, packing heat

• Government affiliated supernatural investigator gets dispatched to sort out recent events in a coastal town but no one is giving them any information and are very anti-outsider, till they meet the one person trying to leave town, who seems to know something they shouldn't. Now they're in charge of keeping this civilian, and themselves, alive long enough to get this mess under control- if they can
      • eldritch horror related,

• This one is a little long. Not so 'loose'. Person A was a dock worker on a pretty standard, big company space station before it was attacked and they were forced to escape on a damaged emergency pod. Said pod malfunctions and they end up drifting through space before their pod is 'swallowed' up by a bigger ship. After exiting the pod they come to find out that it's abandoned, but through left behind texts and tombs they come to find that there is a 'slumbering god' sleeping somewhere on the ship. They only have access to the sleeping quarters, cafeteria, and observation deck. The rest of the ship is locked off by some sort of force, only unlocked through completing the very last ritual required to awaken this creature. They spend (determine however long or short you want) before finally obliging and completing this final task. Only to find this 'god', Person B, doesn't remember a damn thing. And doesn't actually know shit other than their own name. But waking them up drew the attention of something bigger than the both of them beyond their current galaxy. And it will come for them. Their only option for survival is building their own empire from the ground up to survive this. Be that through taking the 'cult' route and trying to find more worshipers where they can, banking on the strength of said 'god' to help them strong arm the already established kingdoms of this galaxy into helping them, or maybe digging into the past and trying to find out more about who was on that ship before Person A and what happened to them... Maybe all of the above. Either way, something needs to be done. Because what's slithering between the stars won't stop with them.
      • Listen. This is a lot. And I know it's a lot. But I've got plans...Kind of. I've got ideas. I've got, dare I say, a little bit of world building going on here. What's important is this:
        • Character A & B basically share one brain cell. The plot may be mildly serious, but comedy is sky high.
        • Character A just wanted off this ship but they're either much more interested in the way things turned out, feel obligated to at least help Character B, or...Well, any reason you want.
        • It's giving "You're a god, do something!" & "And what the fuck do you want me to do?! Run!"
        • I know I said I'd play either or on these, but the preference on this one is high. Your character can be any species, with whatever abilities, from any planet. Or, just a human if that's what you prefer. The possibilities are endless really.
          • Honestly, just ask about this one if you're interested. There's a quite a bit to unpack!

And that's it! If you have any interest in any of these plots, have something similar of you own, or have something completely original to you that you think would be a good fit for us don't hesitate to PM me!

PM me, don't respond to thread!

• Love
Reactions: gumiho.