LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. Multiple posts per day
Writing Levels
  1. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
I'm running a Pokémon game where civilization has relocated underground. I'd been trying to make sure locations for the fantastical cave system were consistent so I had drawn up basically a chart so I could keep track of where things were while shoring up the world-building. Then I realized, what if could make a map? I'm not a very talented person but given a set of tools I figured I might be able to put something together. I came across Inkarnate and used it to craft a map.

But first I gave them this:
pZBHSsn.jpg

Which I don't know if they found nearly as funny as I did but I was having a blast. Then I finally gave them the actual map I had worked on. Just made using the free version of Inkarnate so nothing that fancy.
Whenever they try to show the map to an NPC though, they see the Cool (& good!) version.

Got such a kick out of this figured I'd share. Anyone else ever made a map for a game or roleplay? I'd love to see them.

Last edited:
excellete map 10/10 better than inkcarnate

I am actually not sure if I have EVER finished an actual map for something. O_O I always want to and intend to, but never really get around to it. The closet I got was this image here where I was doing a desert/plains map and then, again never finished

zahuria.png

Reactions: ImaginationGoneWild
Having tools to work with helped a lot in creating the space, was a a lot of fun adding secrets and hints via the geography. Don't know if they'll ever explore them, but they did already inquire about the squiggle between Rustboro and Azalea at least.