Baby of Another World

"No but they're still pretty. Its fire weed. Smallest wildflower in Northern Minnesota." Kurt said taking a picture of them before he said anything else. "Its rare for them to bloom this time of year." Kurt looked at Henry still blushing. He squeaked softly suddenly feeling like a know it all. "Sorry if I'm a walking botany class..." Kurt said wrapping his sweatshirt around him tighter getting a sudden chill.

Henry chuckled "It's alright, I like learning something new, though I will ask you not to quiz me later, my memory isn't the greatest. Nor will I start calling you teacher" he smiled widely. The blush on Kurts face made his beautiful green eyes stand out even more, it was pretty sexy in Henry's mind. He slipped his arm around Kurts. "Alright, lead the way."

"Oh don't you worry. I hate tests in general." Kurt said smiling as he started walking down the trail picnic still in his bag. His camera hanging around his neck. "What's your favorite animal?" Kurt ask looking at Henry with a smile. "From this planet I should say." He took Henry's hand as it hung over his shoulder still tinted a soft ink in the cheeks.

Henry tried to think about it, "Here, a Grizzley Bear and at home I woud most deffinatly say a Kindrad, and you? Let me guess, is it some kind of bird?" On there home planet, the kindrad was like a cross between a polar bear and a snow leopard, a beautiful white creature, Henry wished he could see one in real life but they usually could never servive more than a few days in captivity, unable to eat anything they didn't kill themselves or without a challange.

"Actually here it's the corals and the fish who live there. I've always wanted to see them in person." Kurt said with a smile." And at home Nadra, you know the big panda bear like creatures with pinks, and reds, and blues instead of black and white." He slowed slightly picking up his camera in one hand taking a picture of the trail in front of them. The trees were leaning over, and still a dark green. The bark, a pinkish hue was glimmering in the sun. "I remember when I first walked this trail with my dads when we first came here. It still amazes me." Kurt said looking at Henry with a faint smile, "How did you come here to this planet?" Kurt looked at Henry curiously. "If I may ask."

Henry looked about, admiring the scene laid out before him. He had walked on trails, a little like this one before but this one could not even could be compared, it's beauty was awe inspiring. "My fathers studied human civilizations, both past and present. We just kind of grew attatched to this planet after all these years and couldn't leave." he laughed "They grew a strong love for this world religions, exspecially Christianity. They have taken up countless silly practices." His eyes looked from the scene to Kurt as they walked, "So what has this planet done to your dads?"

"My dads are die hards for music and food. When the eighties rolled around they moved here, feel in love with not only the culture, but each other. Than the one got pregnant strait out of collage, and here's me. Surprisingly enough they still think its the eighties." Kurt said with a chuckle still holding Henry's hand over his shoulder. "But my one father is a elementalist, and the army from our home planet is still trying to recruit him. To be honest I've never seen our planet. Only earth, only Minnesota." They continued to walk Kurt taking pictures of the foliage, and of the occasional bird.

Henry chuckled, his laugh sounding deep as always. "I wish my parents thought it was the eighties, they weren't even here for the sixties, yet they are obsessed with this Bob Lind guy." he thought back to about ten years ago, when he was thirteen "My dads and I only travelled to our planet ounce, I felt pretty at home though since its all the same as here though they have diffrent movie stars and gossip." His thumb carassed the tips of his fingers. " Do you know what that flower is?" he asked, pointing to a red and yellow one, that sat under an oak tree.

"Its honey suckle." Kurt said with a smile taking a picture before picking one of the flowers. "Here try this." He said handing Henry the end of the petal that was thick with a liquid. "It should taste sweet." Kurt stuck the little ball in his mouth sucking on it. Smiling like a little kid he looked at Henry before going back to playing with a dread lock, and holding Henry's hand.

Henry would usually question someone if they tried to get him to put something in his mouth that they picked off the ground but Kurt had already got him to try something he liked already today, and by the adorable face he was making, it would be worth a try. He sucked the thick liquid off the petel and was surprised that it wasn't bad. "Well, I still prefer my honey out of a plastic bear but this isn't bad." He said laughing as they continued on. the pink that was comming from the sun was now shifting into a vibrant red and orange on the clouds.

"Told you." Kurt said with a smile. Suddenly his stomach growled in protest at the mile the had almost covered. He chuckled, "I forgot about the fact I need to eat more now." Suddenly the trail went from being dirt to a wooden path sort of like a boat dock. "Not much farther now." Kurt smiled taking his camera with two hands instead of one. "Thanks for doing this Henry. It means a lot." Kurt said hugging him.

"Doing what?" Henry asked, just a little surprised "Letting you take me out on a date?" He shook his head "I should be thanking you, really, I'm having alot of fun, and given the situation, I really like this idea of yours." He smiled broadly, giving Kurt a little squeeze before realising him. They continued to walk on the wooden path until they reached there destination "Now I think it's about time you feed the little monster before he gets upset." He chuckled, letting his hand fall from around Kurt.

"Well they can wait." Kurt said pointing to a patch of orchids in front of the small bog lake. "I promised a show of flowers, and here they are." Kurt pulled out their food setting on one of the benches. He than pulled out his camera squatting so he could get a shot of both the lake and the flowers at the same time. "You know I think it likes it when I take pictures." Kurt said softly.

"And are these the Dragon's Mouth Orchids?" he asked, looking at the magnificent flowers before him, they were stunning next to the water. Henry smiled at the ater part of what Kurt had said and went to stand next to him. "I'm sure it dose, I know I do." Henry did like to see him take pitures, it was like watching an artist in action, so pashionate about the work before him. Who couldn't be pashionate about the beauty before them.

Kurt smiled knodding at him. "Shall we eat?" He asked looking up at Henry with a smile. When he stood up he could feel himself off balance already and nearly tipped falling against Henry. "Sorry." Kurt said blushing again.

Henry caught him as Kurt had fallen on his chest, he smiled, his arms wrapped protectively around him. "Are you alright?" he asked, smiling wide and holding back a deep chuckle. He couldn't help himself and kissed the forehead of the blushing Kurt. "Now Kurt" he said teasingly "I don't think the baby is big enough yet to through you off balance."

Kurt smiled sheepishly blushing even harder at Henry's touch. "You never know." Kurt said with a faint smile realizing how much taller Henry was. Kurt looked at Henry's lips with a grin. The baby was the foundation of this relationship. The fact that there was something there already that could cause them to fall for each other made Kurt smile and worry a little less. "You know something. I think the fact I'm pregnant is a good thing." Kurt said sitting on the bench next to his food.

Henry took a seat next to him, "Is that so? and how is that?" he asked, up until this point he was thinging that having a child was horrible, he didn't really know if he wanted one, if he would be any good with it, he thought the pregnancy was the biggest mistake that could be made. Of course when his child will be born he would never in a million years allow that child to feel unwanted by him. He picked up his buger and took a bite, thinking carefully. He didn't understand how Kurt could feel tht way about being pregnant but if he was going to stay optomistic about it then so was Henry.

"I've gotten so use to being alone that often I forget to talk some times. This will be good for me." Kurt said setting a hand on his stomach, "Besides photography I have something to live for." Kurt took out his food unwrapping his veggie pizza.

What was said kind of made Henry a bit upset, there was always something to live for, weather you notice it or not, something always has to keep a person going, Photography is not enough for a person. Henry didn't say anything though, mostly because if the question turned to what he lives for, well then he wouldn't know how to awnser. He continued to eat his vegie burger which resembled a real burger so much he almost forgot it was fake meat. "So why were you alone? I honesty can't see a cute guy like you being left alone?"