Baby of Another World

A pair of walking shoes, and a camera if you like photography. I hope you like hiking and picnics. Kurt wrote back looking at Henry with his green eyes. It would be nice to do this even though a part of him knew Henry was only doing this cause of the baby. He still felt bad about the whole situation. As he waited for Henry to reply to that thought he started to throw a few beads in his dreadlocks playing with them out of nerves like always.

Henry smiled Well this sounds like my kind of date. He wrote, and it did too. Hiking and a picnic around sunset, it was idea actually, he wasn't much of a romantic but a date while veiwing a sunset, well that would certainly make anything last in his memories as special. Well I might as well take pictures of everything, just incase you turn into the scrapbooking type due to the pregnancy he wrote, holding himself back from laughing, he couldn't really see it though his father, right before giving birth to him, really got into scrap booking.

Kurt chuckled softly thinking about it. Than wrote, I've got a degree in photography so scrapbooking is my thing in general. Than he squeaked softly forgetting he still had Henry's phone. He dug in his bag grabbing it, and the phone charm he had mad out of the same beads he had in his hair. Warning I uploaded some pictures to your phone. It looked like it needed a little muse. He blushed pushing the phone to Henry. He actually had a date.

Kurt stood outside the school still with that worn out laptop bag over his shoulder, but this time he had his camera, and had changed into something more northern Minnesota night functional. The only jeans he had, and a sweatshirt that read Yellowstone. It was early and Kurt was scared out of his mind. How would this go? Would it all still be about the baby?

When Henry got back to his room he tossed on a pair of old jeans, a grey sweatshirt and a blue and grey pair of newbalance sneakers. He had his cheap ditgital camera with him that cost fifty at Walmart and an old green and brown backpack that he had for as long as he could remember. He had a baseball hat that said Cubs on it. He was a little early when he was ready so he flipped through his phone, checking out the pictures that where added on his way down the hall and out of the dorms. He was making his way to the meet up point when he saw Kurt ahead of him, he smiled and waved "So you came early as well?"

"Nervous habit." Kurt said with a embarrassed chuckle, "Hope you're okay with vegetarian food." Kurt looked at Henry with a smile as the two started walking towards the cafe. Kurt started playing with his dreadlocks again fiddling with the beads on it. "What did you think of some of the pictures on your phone?" Kurt asked recalling the numerous nature shots he had taken long ago. Like the one of those giant Robin moths, and the one of the mountain view in Montana.

"So your a vegetarian huh? Well Vegetables will do me good, considering I live of beef jerky." He said laughing "So dose meet gross you out or is it more morals?" Henry smiled, recalling the numorous nature photos on his phone, "I really liked those photos, the were really beautiful, hopefully next time you go taking photo's you bring me with you." He smiled, imagining what it would be like to see those beautiful veiws in person. "Where any of them photoshoped?" he asked, unable to imagine such vivid colors to be real.

"Yeah its more of a preference really. I like knowing where the foods been, and than with animals it kinda breaks my heart, but meat doesn't gross me out. Its just tender heart." Kurt said blushing as they entered the small shop, "And nope, none of them were photo shopped. It kinda really ruins a picture, but I've got my camera and I was hoping to take you to the bog walk. Its about two miles but on the end its all peit bog. There's tons of orchids growing this time of year." Kurt looked at the menu before smiling slightly. "Warning I have a thing about coconut." Kurt waved to the human woman behind the counter telling her to make the usual and a veggie burger, and fries for Henery.

"Sounds Nice' he said, listoning intently. When Henry heard coconut he was almost heart broken, he loved coconuts, "And what is this thing about coconut?" he asked, hoping it was not an allergy but more of a dislike for the substance. It was then he saw the man smile and could not help but feel relieved, Henry smiled "I hope not a dislike for it." He chuckled "Or will it end up being a parental craving?" he asked. He looked down at the menu, to see if there was something vegetarian that he might like,

"It's more of addiction." Kurt said with a chuckle, "There isn't a day that doesn't go by that I don't get a coconut smoothie of some kind, but should probably stop with the caffeine in it for the baby." Kurt pulled out his wallet paying for the food. "And I hope you don't mind I thought you'd like the veggie burger. It's a lot like a real burger but actually not." He smiled sheepishly again blushing lightly pulling out his camera taking a quick picture of Henry.

Henry laughed "You wouldn't have to stop drinking coconut smoothies, I'm sure you can find another that you like just as much, decaffinated. And I wouldn't think Caffine would do much, seeing how much chacolate a pregnant woman eats, it might even have it's bennifits." He saw Kurt pay for the food and said in answer "You know I'm more than capable of paying for myself." He smiled though, seeing the light blush spread across Kurts face, only for his own smile to turn into shock as a camera was quickly whipped out and a picture of him was taken "What was that for?" he asked, his eye brow raised.

"Just me being me." Kurt said adjusting the lens on his camera, "But you've got a point. Thre is a lot more caffeine in chocolate than in coconuts." he was surprised that Henery hadn't said anything about how fancy the camera was. Kurt smiled again putting the camera back in it's case, and grabbing the food. "Shall we?" He asked with a nervous tug on a dread lock again.

Henry took a deep breath "Well it's time to face heaven or hell" he said, picking up the veggie burger, he wouldn't admit this to anyone, but he was scared, and it was strange, the food that looked so clean and smelled lovely scared him more than the black greasy substance he enjoyed. He closed his eyes like a child would if he was being told he was to eat all his vegetables or no dessert, and he took a small bite out of the sandwhich and chewed it for a bit. He then opened his eyes in shock, the food tasted just fine, he didn't experiance any weird cardborad texture, or the flavor of soap. Actually, he had to admit "It's pretty good"

"Thought you might like their burgers. Now save the rest for when we hit the bog." Kurt said with a smile offering a travel case that would keep it warm. "There's some nice benches. We could have a picnic with orchids." Kurt as still tugging on one of his dreadlocks. He suddenly felt very odd like he was suppose to be walking with a beach ball under his shirt. Like the only thing that anyone cared about any more was the child insi of him. He forced a smile, "I can drive us to the park real quick. Cut off a good extra hour of walking."

Henry did as he said, putting the burger in the traveling bag. "Well, cutting off an hour of walking seems like a marvelous idea." he chuckled, he was just lazy and as usual, just the slightest bit imaptient when expecting to see something, said to be beautiful. He looked at Kurt, seeing his smile as just the smallest bit strange "You okay?" he asked, wondering what he might have said, or didn't say that made Kurts smile look odd. Maybe he is thinking already the the relationship might not work out, maybe the idea of having the relationship was just so the child, when born, didn't feel unwanted my one of it's parents. It's not like he wasn't trying, he just want a romantic, playboy, who could sweep someone off there feet.

_sorry it's 12:30 and I need to go to bed, nighty night! :)_

"Just nervous is all. This is my first date after all, and hormones are kicking in already." Kurt said softly still playing with his hair, "Not use to this kind of stuff." He threw the stuff in his worn out bag pulling out the keys. He smiled at Henry feeling happy he was there for more than one reason. "Now are you more of a lady slipper kind of person or more of a dragons mouth orchid kind of person?" Kurt asked starting for the door. He stopped for a second smiling down at his stomach when he noticed a new hardness about it. Like the baby was telling him not to worry even though it was still just a bundle of cells

.ladyslipper_pink_0001.jpg(lady slipper)

DragonsMouthOrchid32.jpg(Dragons mouth orchid)

Attachments

• DragonsMouthOrchid5.jpg
    DragonsMouthOrchid5.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 3
"Well seeing as I have no idea what either of those are." Henry said, with a little chuckle "But a Dragon's Mouth Orchid sounds like my kind of flower." He smiled, following him out the door. He smiled, and put his arm around Kurt's shoulder. It looked like he was going to learn alot from now on from being with him.

Kurt smiled feeling himself blush a deep red at the touch. He pulled out the keys to his jeep and looked at Henry, "Have you ever wondered why our species came to this planet?" He opened the jeep hoping in the drivers seat starting it up. "Its always bugged me. This planet isn't any better than our own." He was still blushing when Henry got in the vehicle.

Henry took a moment of thought "You know, I never really wondered too much about that." he jumped in the vehicle "I wouldn't say it's the planet itself that drew in our people but the inhabitants. The first obviously came to study, but the people here are..." He took a moment to find the words "Strange I guess, and alot like us." He glanced at Kurt, seeing his blushing face and smiled, turning to look out the window. but thats just my opinion really.

Kurt started driving to the state park wishing he wasn't such a blusher. "I suppose so." Kurt said driving, "Its just a random food for thought question." He couldn't stop glancing at Henry. "Feel free to look through my camera if you want. There's a few hundred pictures." Kurt said as the entered the park. He already had an all year pass so they didn't have to stop. They parked at the head of the bog walk trail, and Kurt smiled seeing little purple flowers already coating the edges of the trail.

Henry couldn't help but steal sneaky glances to see if Kurt was still blushing, thinking to himself the fun he could have. "A few hundred? Well that dosn't surprise me." Henry said making a mental note to look through the pictures later, smiling as he got out of the car. He took a deep breath, filling his lungs with the sent of trees and flowers. On the edge of the trail he could see the flowers, looking over to kurt he asked "Are those one of the flowers you were talking about?" He walked over to them to get a better look.