B.O.O. Q&A

Is this a good idea to have for a thread?

• Yes.

• No.

• Maybe?

• I don't know.

• Can you repeat the question?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
U

U.N. 0W3N

Original poster

vBVbiit.png

Last edited by a moderator:
B.O.O. Q&A​
Hello, and welcome to B.O.O.'s official Q&A thread. The purpose of this thread is for interested users or those that have joined B.O.O. to post up questions they have about the universe. As I stated, in the rules, this thread is just a slice of one giant concept I have build and molded over the years. I don't want to force you all to read pages and pages and pages (and pages) of lore in regards to the thread. I know some users aren't interested in that. Even for me, it can be quite painful to HAVE to read all that in order to join a thread. So, instead, I set up this thread for the sake of helping users get into the universe without having to be overloaded by information.

All you have to do is post up a question (please one at a time less it's one of those questions that go together to answer a main one), and I will post in this thread with your answer (or my mod). I will tag you and what not as well. Then, I will be posting a condensed version of the question and answer into the post below (or link it, depends how lazy I am) so if someone has the same or similar question, the answer is right there! Thanks for having patience in regards to getting answers! I want to help people make this a killer thread!

ANSWER GUIDE​
In a nutshell, kind of organization is B.O.O.? What is their mission statement? Post 5
What kind of people does B.O.O. usually hire for agents? Do they have to be relatively sound? Or can they be wild and crazy dangerous? Post 5
What year is it in the rp and very briefly, what is the tech level? Post 5
How do I fill out the stats in the profile? Post 6
How does magic work in this universe? Post 7

[question=goldenrod]In a nutshell, kind of organization is B.O.O.? What is their mission statement?[/question]

[question=goldenrod]What kind of people does B.O.O. usually hire for agents? Do they have to be relatively sound? Or can they be wild and crazy dangerous?[/question]

[question=goldenrod]What year is it in the rp and very briefly, what is the tech level?[/question]

1. To protect Earth, and secure extraterrestrial threats.

In a nutshell, the purpose of the Bureau of Occurring Oddities is to keep all living humans ignorant to the
fact that there is indeed life outside of their own. Despite the astronomical jump in technology in the last century, the majority of the human populace are not ready to accept and incorporate "common knowledge."

To quote: "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. 1500 years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. 500 years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and 15 minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet (Agent Kay from Men in Black)." At B.O.O., we try not to hide and ostracize what isn't considered "normal humans."

Instead, we work to incorporate all lifeforms if they are interested in settling on Earth. We have no input and control over Earth's current issues. B.O.O. will only step in if anything "nonhuman" occurs. A person and/or event falls under the "nonhuman" classification if it doesn't fall under "common sense" set by the bureau.

2. Due to limited resources in manpower (especially among Earth's population), the Bureau of Occurring Oddities have no set standard for potential applicants. There is no employee website or regular recruitment events. Hiring is on the senior agents of B.O.O. Their experiences and expectation helps pinpoint possible recruits while on the field or working with affiliates of the organization. Even apprehended criminals have an opportunity of starting a career in the bureau while serving their sentence. All recommendations are made at the Department of External Resources. Once the recommendation is accepted by the Committee of B.O.O., the process of hiring begins.

An applicant that B.O.O. is interested in must fill out all required forms and submit to a several background checks. They also must undergo a medical evaluation in order to determine origin of life and any medical issues. Once the applicant passes, they must undergo a single interview by a randomly selected department head to determine if the word of the senior agent and the committee is correct about said applicant. An applicant is then rejected or hired after the interview.

Once a new applicant is hired, the rest of B.O.O.'s organization will receive updated files regularly from said agent.

3. The thread will start at November 20, 2020. As for the the level, the current public has finally embrace certain technology such as holographic advertisements and digital bands/idols (refined). Bionic and cybernetic technology in the medical field has advanced to the point that the transplants list has been reduced to the lowest levels since its creation. As for the tech of B.O.O., it is far beyond what is imagined right now thanks to alien technology. For the tech level in B.O.O., I am open to suggestions on what you want. Each suggestion will be a case by case thing, so keep asking them!

@™ T A K E N O B U

HOW THE CHART THINGY WORKS:

Strength - How physically strong a character is. The average human strength is 3. The maximum human strength is 5.

Stamina - How long someone can exert physical energy. The average human stamina is 3. The maximum human stamina is 5.

Agility - How nimble/agile/acrobatic. The average human agility is 3. The maximum human agility is 5.

Speed - How fast someone can go. The average human speed is 3. The maximum human speed is 5.

Perception - How intune someone is to their senses. The average human human perception is 2. The maximum human perception is 4.

Will - How willful/in control/endearing someone is. The average human will is 4. The maximum human will is 6.

Power - How strong a person's inhuman power/magic/ability is. Humans have a definite 0 power.

Luck - How lucky someone is. The average human luck is 2. The maximum human luck is 4.

In the fieldset, there's two "color coded" boxes that make up the tics in the fieldset. Each has 5. The dark color represents what the character has while the lighter color is the "empty" space. Just add/remove the ticks to each side until they both add up to ten once more. Feel free to stalk my profile to see how that looks like: Bastian.

@™ T A K E N O B U

For magic, it is considered an existing element in the dimension much like fire, air, water, and earth. It is an unstable and chaotic energy that takes a deft hand and someone trained/gifted enough to use said energy. Mages comes in all shapes, sizes, and beliefs that helps them control the chaotic flow and direct it as they see fit. All it takes is being able to harness the energy, having a catalyst to direct it, and properly creating an "output" to get the desired effect. Magic is a cause and reaction in which whatever happens happens... and it's hard to reverse spells and incantations.

@fyrelily

• Thank You
Reactions: rissa
  • What would the average mage's stats look like compared to humans?
  • Is being a mage hereditary?
  • Are there any Oddity-only locations, shops, etc?
  • Are there any non-human diseases, drugs, or anything of the like?

1. Mages tend to have average stats (or weaker) than you regular human being. All of their focus is on gaining power in terms of casting ability (aka perform complicated and over the top magic AND maintaining control). So, for the stat chart, I do see power being their main stat along with will (aka self control/endearing great stresses, etc.).

2. A person can be born as a mage or created through difficult means. It is rare for someone that wasn't born a mage to become one.

3. There are all sorts of strange and wondrous buildings and locations that are "lost" to normal humans. Magic helps keeps things concealed in hidden such as the massive meetings of the world's "Mage Guild." Enchanted forests and similar regions are protected by BOO from outside threats such as construction and expansion of humans.

4. Along with the scientific diseases, there's also magical alignments. You can use sources like J.K. Rowlings and shit like that for inspiration. Just, if you want to be SUPER DUPER specific and canon info for your character, just give me the details. Like tech, this is a case by case dealio.

@fyrelily

What would be some acceptable races to choose from when creating a character?

I tend to accept races from most lore and whatnot for BOO as long as the user is able to explain their backstory as a whole and what not. I'll even accept user-created races as long as they're able to sell the story to me. The big two races I will not accept are angels and demons.

@Vio

Status
Not open for further replies.