Azula's Struggle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Azula's fake smile turned into a grimace as the official and Kamichi strolled down to the gate on the southern end of the premises. The official left with no more commotion and simply smirked at the pacifist walking him out as the gate shut behind him. Meanwhile, Azula fell to the ground and now braced herself on her elbows in the downy grass choked with dandelions. Heat resided in her chest as her frustration bore frightening fruit. Her fist balled, tearing out numerous blades, and her teeth grind together. She slowly begins to crawl back to the twisted tree before clawing at the bark. The previously peaceful air of the garden was now demolished by the malice exhumed by the disgruntled royal.

"Why?" she whispered to herself, tears threatening to stain her words. "Why me? Why am I the dishonored one now?" She whimpered before placing her forehead on the rough bark

Kamichi came back to hear the rethorical question of his princess. He hid behind the bushes in a casual way, and listened how she was bearing the situation.

He didn't like it, he would like to see the girl smilling and doing what girls do at her age, and that was the whole point of all that effort.…

Kamichi moved slowly towards his princes and placed a gentle and simple hand to her back. It's ok. Nobody really hates you. Now's when you earn everybody's love.

His words sounded better when he thought them, but he had no problem speacking out loud. In this critic moments, however, he felt like she might explode or open herself suddenly. It was a difficult bet.

"I don't want anyone's love" she growled. Her fiery eyes shot up to the pacifist monk before her, and her heart roared in her ears. Her forehead smacked the rough bark, cutting into the damaged skin on her forehead. "I don't need anyone's damn love. I just want their respect!" she whimpered, the beginnings of tears bubbled at the corners of her eyes. "I'm not weak. I swear I'm not weak. They didn't need to get rid of me to place my pathetic brother on the throne." She sobbed. The heavy atmosphere lifted with her falling tears . "I just want respect. That's all I want!"

(Sorry that it's so short)

Kamichi was surprised to see her open like that. That was progress in no time, no effort, but he was concerned in the personal damage done to her while opening like that: she must feel ashamed, weak, even feel naked to him. It would be good to move slowly.
No, my princess. Your place is waiting you in your nation, you'll keep being my princess... but first you must recover so you can gain that respect. I'm here to help you do that.
THe monk said sitting beside her. He cleaned her forehead from the blood pouring out. While you're not weak, strenght alone can't win you respect. He said, remembering the old saying of the frog and the fly. He spected she knew it.

She glanced at him as he wiped away the trickling trails of blood going down her abused skin. Misery instead of fire filled her irises as she listened to the man's words. She eventually closed her eyes and her muscles relaxed.

"I'm your princess?" she inquired with a mute chuckle. "YOUR princess? What are you saying? That I am suddenly yours? And if I am then what about the rest of the fire nation? Am I their princess as well?" She slowly opened her eyes and faced the monk. "In case you haven't noticed," she growled, "You don't exactly represent the entirety of the fire nation. You're just some pacifistic monk taking in a stray. Just this stray has some lineage behind her." She gripped the bark and slowly stood on wobbly legs.

"I am not your princess. Got it! I am the heiress to the fire nation throne, Azula!"

latest
((Imagine him with more Avater-esque looks))

AS a member of the fire nation, and a soldier, you're the heir to the throne i owe respect. I'm your subject. Kamichi said, nodding. It's my responsability then to take care of you until you can claim your rightful place in our glorious nation. First we need to put you back on your feet, then you can start turning the tides in your favor. I must make you remember that most people are yet to truly belive in the actual Fire Lord Zuko, when they had known you and your father as their rightful liege.

A tear fell down her cheek as she slumped slightly.

"How can you be so sure that they'll just accept me like that? What makes you think that they won't just throw me back into that shit hole prison? The avatar is on my brother's side and he stopped the century long war! He already won when he decided to stop hunting that air bending brat!" She vented with more tears falling as time went by. She gradually found herself to her knees as streams came down her face and droplets hit the soft grass.

Kamichi was moved by her despair. He could see how broken she was, how low she had fallen... How much she needed someone else.

He felt to his knees and helped her recover little by little, his thin body lifting her a to rise in a seiza position.

We are many. The ones that think of you as higly as we think of your uncle, your brother or your father.
That doesn't mean you can't make mistakes, it means we need to know you've learnt from them.

We don't follow your father for he hasn't learnt from his errors, but we follow your uncle for he learnt from his son's demise and we follow your brother for he learnt from his failed quest. You now must learn, and once you meet this wisdom, we will obey.

She looked up to the monk with regret and sorrow as the tears continued to fall.

"errors? What did I ever do?" she whimpered. Her nose ran and her breaths shook her entire body as if trembling waves went through her body. She grabbed the man's arm and scrunched up the fabric in distress.

We're going to find. WOuld you let me help you find out? He asked putting his arms around her so she could use them to stabilize herself.

She falls apart in his arms and hold onto abdomen for support. Her shaking head slowing nods in his embraces as she desperately (and futilely) tries to muffle her cries. The earlier dark atmosphere has now completely lifted from the garden, bringing it back to its light and innocent beginnings. The butterflies have returned and the birds peacefully chirp away in the nearby trees.

As time passed, they remained there, he holding her in his arms, she loosing herself in the sorrow, but knowing this was the start of the healing from the wounds she was suffering now. At any rate, the sun started to go down and Kamichi started to feel like his arms were crumbling and falling apart.
It was sad, because in the reports about her, he had determined she had an accute paranoid psychosis, posibly coupled with hallucinations, but now she was completelly docile and that was a sign of her terrible health state.
He carried her then to her chambers, in the other side of the garden.

(Sorry things have been a bit hectic on my side ^^;))

Azula gave in to the man and failed to fight him as he carried her to a different section of the garden. Her skin prickled with the changing amount of sun through the swaying leaves. She cuddled into his chest while stifling the last of her sobs. She leans against the nearest wall after the docile monk sets her down. Her teary eyes gazed upon the kind man with a blank expression.

Her dried lips aimlessly moved as if words were trying to form but didn't.

Should i leave you to sleep or could i do something else for you? Kamichi asked giving a tranquil and deep look.

The room was bright and painted with a soft lavender colour. The windows had beautyful metal and wooden blinds with the metal edges carved into lotuses with lots of details.
This windows were pointed north and south, looking to both sides to gardens: the interior from where they came, and the exterior, more prepared and taken care of.

Inside the room there was nothing else than the bed, some water in a copper bowl that was on a desk, it's chair and a little table beside the bed.

"Do as you will" She breathed while taking in the serene surroundings. The light lavender of the walls frankly soothed her enraged soul as it beat against her body in an unrelenting battle. The small petals that floated through the window danced on the calm winds. Azula dreamed of small pixies riding atop the pink articles in playful games, chasing after each other in silent glee. She nestled into the nearby wall and continued to survey the ensuing peace. "Why can't things always be like this?" She mumbled, mostly to herself.

AS she told him to do whatever he wanted, he sat on the floor just to enjoy the soft breeze comming from the windows and going through the room.
"Why can't things always be like this?"
You can stay as much as you feel like. he said, smiling at the thoughtfulness of the girl. The place had been specially arranged to see people get their disturbances out. Even now, he wnted to keep a sharp watch on her, so he remained there.

Status
Not open for further replies.