Axiom: A Sci-Fi Pathfinder Adventure

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Protagonist

Original poster
We were sitting on a large rover of some sort, driving away through the snow. Isaac was sitting on a seat drinking from a thermos of hot chocolate. It was delicious. He looked at a GPS-like device. It was unreliable, as satellites kept getting shot down, but it still worked sometimes. "3 more hours to go..." he said.

Our mission was simple. We were to take send a gift to the Dwarf Jarl Bjarke. It was part of a holiday known as Frigustide.

Isaac asks "How are you guys holding up? Freezing to death? I always liked snow myself..."

[@Astrea: You may be riding your motorcycle if you prefer, or have it being pulled by the rover]

Last edited by a moderator:
It was times like these that Cassius was thankful for his fur. Where many other people would be shivering and chattering their teeth, Cassius sat calmy and watched the snowy terrain seem to fly by as they cruised down the road in their IBX- Planetary Exploration Vehicle, or as they called it, The Wolf Spider. Cassius turned his gaze to Isaac, his ears pricking up to hear what he had to say before responding with, "Eh, I more prefer summer myself. I like to be out in the heat and the sun."

Astrea rode alongside the buggy, on her own motorbike. At least she had a better place to keep most of her stuff, with more than just the bike for transportation. "Please," she said over the radio. "This isn't so bad if you dress for it."

She glanced briefly over to the buggy. "What do you think this gift we're transporting is, anyway? Diplomatic mission shouldn't be too bad, but it's usually nice to know what's what."

w3yeonK.jpg

Oran Dreiger
Oran sat shotgun to Isaac, holding his rifle at ease with his right hand. His right boot was propped up against the floor where the wheel well made a good comfortable brace for his weight. He rocked his head a bit as the buggy would bounce over hills, rocks, and the snowy terrain. With his left hand, he held his scarf to his mouth to keep himself warm. He looked over to Isaac with a single syllable 'huff' of a laugh to his comment.

His radio crackled in his ear with Astrea's voice. Briefly smiling before replying, he looked over his right shoulder to her-

"It's probably some sort of ceremonial gesture." His voice would scratch over the radio.​

Isaac held the present up to his head. It's large, but relatively thin, and wrapped in silver and teal wrapping paper. He shakes it a bit, and then says...
[rolling perception: 20]

He says "Ooooh! I think I know what it is. But I won't tell you, it's a surprise."

The snow whipped around Irazil's head as he peered out of the buggy's top hatch. His hands were propped on the hull of the buggy, and his feet planted against the ladder's rungs. Adjusting to the cold environment he had called it to the annoyance of the others in the buggy. As the buggy hit a particularly nasty bump, Irazil grunted as he was jostled about and slammed into the hatch's edges a few times.

"Fuckin' hell," he muttered as he rubbed at his ribs before descending the ladder and pulling the hatch shut behind him.

"You ok?" says Isaac when he sees Irazil jossle around. He sighs and says "Y'know, if you die we won't be able to pay you directly."
He looks around and says "I hope these roads are safe..."

The first hour goes by uneventfully...until, eventually, we come to a bridge crossing a river. On the bridge is a dead polar bear, being picked apart by some kind of white raptor-like creatures.
[A knowledge check is necessary to figure out what these critters are, exactly]

The vehicle stops. A voice says "Obstacle detected."

Isaac says "Uh-oh. What are we going to do?" The raptors start to hiss at us, thinking we're here to steal their kill.

[Shall I roll initiative?]

"Great," Astrea said as she pulled her bike to a stop and dismounted. "We could try going around, if you think the little bastards are the type to let that go. Or chase them off." She took a while to lumber up, stretching a bit and cracking her knuckles. "As-is...probably fastest to just chase them off."

She took a moment to get a head count on the dinosaur-like fauna. "Anyone have a clue what these are? They don't seem too dangerous. Well, and I've always wanted to punch out a dinosaur."

[22 on that perception roll, 14 on Initiative.]

w3yeonK.jpg

Oran Dreiger
He huffed out his nose when Isaac made the comment to Irazil. He then braced himself on his right leg- listing forward with the buggy's momentum as it stopped. He ran his thumb up the receiver of his rifle, resting it on the safety switch.

Seconding Astrea's comment, noting they were there catching a bite to eat.

"Yeh... I wonder: if we charge 'em with the buggy, will they scatter? I've never really seen anything like these guys, they look pissed."

He turned his body a bit to prepare for either quickly propelling himself out- but remained braced in case Isaac decided to try and scare off the critters with the buggy.

{Init: 15+3=18}​

"Just peachy," Irazil muttered in response as he massaged his chest for a few moments. "Yeah, that's what the bank account's for," he remarked before he leaned forward to look out one of the few windows the buggy had.

Looking away from the weapon's edge, Irazil quirked a brow at the automated voice as he stood. "Nice jinx," he chimed up at Issac before he sheathed his blade, popped open the buggy's top hatch, and climbed out fully this time. "Fuck it's cold," he muttered to himself as the wind and snow hit him, but he focused on the problem at hand. Ignoring the corpse, he racked his brain for what the raptor-like creatures could be as a hand dropped to the hilt of his weapon.

[[Perception 18 to survey the scene, Knowledge (Nature) 24 to know what these things are, Initiative 9.00]]

Irazel identifies the creatures: They're Arctic Troodons!
As far as Irazel can tell, there's five of them in total. They're about 50 feet away from us.

They start to snarl at us, and then they make their charge towards us.

[Turn Order:
Troodon A (22)
Oran (18)
Isaac (15)
Troodon B (15)
Astrea (14)
Troodon C (12)
Troodon D (12)
Irazel (9)
Troodon E (3)]

Troodon A runs towards us, making 40 feet of distance. It is not 10 feet away from Oran.

"Well, looks like they just made the decision for us." Said Cassius as he lifted up his hand, some arcane frost wafting off of his hand

Exhaling slowly, he flicked his thumb to switch his rifle frome 'safe' to 'semi-auto'. While seated, he took aim at the troodon that was charging the vehicle, and by extension, him. He didn't like the idea of having to put down wild animals for their natural behavior- but these things looked rather angry, and willing to kill them all.

With a quick squeeze, he pulled the trigger of his weapon as it was aimed toward the charging creature.

(18+3, +1 for point blank shot [also adds +1dmg]) 21

Reactions: Protagonist
The bullet connects with the Troodon!
The bullet grazes it, but no doubt it did not enjoy that.
[Do you want to shoot again or move? @Spectre]

He grunted in frustration and without hesitation pulled the trigger a second time. Hopefully these things weren't more resilient than they looked. But they certainly were wily. Otherwise he'd be in a heap of trouble if this second shot didn't drop the thing.

5+3dex+1bab=9
+1 for point blank shot =10

The shot misses the dinosaur.

Isaac fires his own carbine at the enemy, hoping to get it killed quickly.
[Ike rolls AC +3 +1 for point blank: 7]

"Dammit!" Isaac shouts as he misses the dinosaur. He says "Your dodging witchcraft won't save you from Metatron's wrath, heretic dinosaur!"

He shoots again.
[Ike rolls 14]
[Ike rolls damage: 7]

This time he makes it! The dinosaur is still alive, but it's very badly injured and may not be able to continue fighting.

Troodon B moves in 40 feet, towards Astrea.

[@R-9 Pilot it's your turn]

"They're just animals, they can't understand the concept of heresy," Astrea said as she got into a loose fighting stance. She closed the remaining distance with the dinosaur that had moved up to challenge her, and let loose a quick combination of strikes.

((Swift action: Pugilist Stance, move in to melee range, Flurry Strike.))

((And this dicebot decides to hand me a couple clear misses.))

Troodons C and D join their bretheren and run forewards. They gain 40 feet, and are 10 feet away from us.

[@Zombehs It's your turn]

Looking at Issac with a quirked brow, he hopped off the buggy and shifted into a stance as he kicked up a small puff of snow with his landing. His hand rested upon the nodachi's hilt as he approached the two Troodons (C & D) that had just run up, joining their other front liner.

His breath was slow, but the weapon draw was much quicker as he tried to cut through both of the dinosaurs at once.

((Swift action to assume Reaching Blade Stance, move action to get up to Troodon C and D, standard action to activate Tidal Blade.

So 20 vs. their ACs. 20 Damage to each.))
Make a melee attack roll and compare it to the AC of two creatures within your reach. If the attack roll hits a target, the attack deals weapon damage as normal. Use the same damage roll for each target. If you drew your weapon as part of this strike, you gain a +2 bonus on your attack roll.

Last edited:
Irazel charges at the two Troodons, and hits them with his sword! The Troodons take some pretty serious damage, and bleed all over the snow.

Finally, a fifth Troodon runs towards our heroes, and is now 10 feet away from us.

@Cassius: It's your turn.

Status
Not open for further replies.