Awesome Nintendo Stuff...

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

AwesomenessKON

Original poster
For all you Canadians out there, are you ready for SMASH BROS?! Reggie seems to think so. ^.^

Mario and his friends fight it out once again in the MEGA SMASH HIT everyone knows. This week I went back and played the first one on Nintendo 64. Still very fun.

The new 3DS is support to release after the release of smash on the 3DS. Is this a good move for Nintendo or another crazy master mind plan? All we can say now is, those who just bought a 3DS XL all around the world feel cheated. This will be a game changer for those in the next year when half of their buyers market are unable to purchase this new device or feel forced because of only a few games. These include Monster Hunter, Xenoblade, and of course the AMIIBO compatibility for Smash bros. We'll see what unfolds from here.

In general news, and more personal I might add, Retro Studios has been said to be working on a hidden gem. One of which appeals to the old gamers and it is killing me. I do have a few hits about what it may be, but I'm going to hold those in until true proof reveals itself.

Recently purchased Mario Golf: World Tour.

This classic franchise is one that I've loved for a very long time. My favorite, of course, being Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour for the Gamecube. How does this new game stand up against a giant in the series like that? Actually very well, believe it or not. They have taken a much more Tiger Woods approach to this but successfully Dumbed it down for the kids enough to understand it. However, this does not come without problems too. The over world goes unexplained leaving you on your own, Legend of Zelda style, to explore it all and discover all of the places and achievements to find. I've already put at least 4 hours into this game and still get lost from time to time. The 3D effect is lack luster at best and music feels almost compressed somehow. (However, I play with surround sound headphones anyway so it doesn't bother me much) Besides that, once you get onto the green from start to finish it is brings back so many memories and handles like a dream. I almost feel like if that was the only part of the game I would fall in love. The controls are very responsive and hitting it prefect is very satisfying. The addition of items is FOR SURE a HUUUGE improvement and give much more replay value and online modes continually update with new people playing and custom courses you can play. The DLC content is available through this even though you have not purchased it which is very cool and.

Overall, for what it is I'd say it provides, a mario golf on the go, I'd give it an 8.5/10. Great game and almost essential if you own a 3DS

Status
Not open for further replies.