It's a Friday and I'm falling asleep.

I need an awesome anime!

But I don't know which one...
Suggestions~?!

awesome points if
You give me an anime
I
Already

Beelzebub, Naruto, Bleach, Hitman Reborn, Marchen Awakens Romance, Prince of Tennis, Deadman Wonderland, One Piece, Fairy Tail, Hunter x Hunter.

Nichijou.

Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, Angel Beats, Negima?!, Fruits Basket, D.N.Angel, Valkyria Chronicles, Familiar of Zero, Fate/Stay Night, Black Rock Shooter, Romeo + Juliet, Gintama, Claymore, Code Geass, and Darker Than Black

Code Geass, Tegami Bachi, Mushishi, Natsume Yuujinchou, Ouran High School Host Club, Marchen Awakens Romance (MAR), No.6, Kuroshitsuji, D.Gray-Man, Gurren Lagann, Slayers, Zatch Bell, Vampire Knight, Chibi Vampire, Nurarihyon no Mago, Nabari No Ou, Shaman King, Pandora Hearts, Wolf's Rain, Highschool of the Dead. The last three I personally have not seen, but I intend to because they are supposed to be very good.

Xam'd, Broken Blade, Persona 4...uh...ask me again in the morning.

07-ghost
death note
earl and fairy
fruits basket
ghost hunt
hakuouki shinsengumi kitan
hatenkou yuugi
junjou romantica
kaichou wa maid-sama
kyo kara maoh!
loveless
MM
mushishi
natsume yuujinchou
ookami-san to shichinin no nakama-tachi

Yu Yu Hakusho
Fruits Basket
Death Note
Inuyasha
Ruroni Kenshin
DNAngel
Tsubasa
Kuroshitsuji
Wolf's Rain
Ouran High School
Darker Than Black
Vampire Knight
Detective Conan
Full Moon wo Sagashite (Not my style really but I still liked the emotions and characters in it)

These two are movies not anime's but they are really good in both English and Japanese.
Howl's Moving Castle
Spirited Away

Forget all of the above, watch Seirei no Moribito.

I've actually fallen from the anime scene for a while now. To bored with a lot of the new ones out now.
But here's my list of some good old animes :P

Dragon Ball
Dragon Ball Z
Cyber 6
Astro Boy (both old and newer)
Wolf's Rain
Rurouni Kenshin
Gundam Wing
Martian Successor Nadesico
R.O.D (both OVA and TV)
Generator Gawl
Dai-Guard
Ultimate Muscle
Katekyo Hitman Reborn (yes I know it's not old, but it's my exception :P )

A lot I was going to say are taken but her are a few I'll put up some more later hopefully. Hetalia Axis Power, Working, Vampire Knight, Sailor Moon, Soul Eater, Pandora Hearts, Wallflower and there are many more but my mind can't think of any more. Also all of these are both Manga and Anime. ^^

Anything byHayao Miyazaki really.

Or:
Bakemonogatari
Higurashi No Haku Koro Ni (Kai)
Code Geass
Cowboy Bebop

To many to remeber, really if you are truly bored and haven't seen them yet see the original two abriged series ever. Yu-Gi-Oh abriged makes me laugh till I cry and so does Dragon Ball-Z abriged (Teamfourstar.com)

I can give a list, but given the Kuroshitsuji avatar and other things I've noticed, I'm guessing tastes will clash here. But if you watch any less-mainstream action, I've got a decent list.

Seconding Nanophage's suggestion of Bakemonogatari as hard as I can. Umm others that haven't been listed at least four times...Fate/Zero (Fate/Stay Night is decent but is a bad adaptation), the Kara no Kyoukai movies, Claymore, Black Lagoon, To Aru Majutsu no Index, To Aru Kagaku no Railgun, Ao no Exorcist. For a good manga, try Shingetsutan Tsukihime, but avoid the anime adaptation of it.

First two seasons of Pokemon? Those always get a grin out of me personally. Some people consider Avatar: The Last Airbender "close enough to anime," that's a pretty good show.

There is no Fate Stay/Night anime, just like there is no Tsukihime anime.

Key the Metal Idol
Serial Experiments Lain
Haibane Renmei
Kino's Journey

Spice and Wolf
Speed Grapher
Mononoke
Ayakashi: Japanese Classic Horror
Blue Submarine No. 6
Elfen Lied
Kannagi
School Days
Earth Maiden Arjuna
Samurai Champloo
Trigun
Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo
Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
Chi's Sweet Home
Toradora!
Ookiku Furikabutte
Eyeshield 21
Kare Kano
Kashimashi: Girl Meets Girl
Maria-sama ga Miteru
Baccano!
Lovely Complex

For movies/shorts:

Castle in the Sky
Ponyo on a Cliff
Grave of the Fireflies
My Neighbor Totoro
Sweat Punch
The Girl Who Leapt Through Time
Tokyo Godfathers
Tokyo Marble Chocolate

Seconding from other suggestions:

Fruits Basket
Romeo + Juliet
Darker Than Black
Mushi-Shi
Natsume Yuujinchou
Ouran High School Host Club
Kuroshitsuji
Wolf's Rain
Kyo Kara Maoh!
Detective Conan
Howl's Moving Castle
Spirited Away
Gundam Wing
Sailor Moon
Soul Eater
Cowboy Bebop
Fate/Zero because Rory supports it.

I also recommend Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, but Kai is the second half and you need to watch the first season to really understand it.

I also have manga recs if you'd like them.

I second all references to Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha.

I denounce references to Fate Stay Night. Instead, I second recommendations for Fate/Zero. Because somehow Kiritsugu managed to make GARcher look like a pussy.

I denounce references to Fate Stay Night. Instead, I second recommendations for Fate/Zero. Because somehow Kiritsugu managed to make GARcher look like a pussy.

Amen to that.

Hell yes. Watch it twice. Then go back and watch it again.

I just rewatched it this week on a whim. Can't believe it when I watched through every episode, and the climax still manage to elicit the same emotions from me as before.

Anime isn't my strong suit; a lot of the ones I watch are OLD AS HIGH HELL, HOLY FUCK.

-Legend of the Galactic Heroes
-Densetsu Kyojin Ideon (By the dude who made Mobile Suit Gundam, no less, at his KILL 'EM ALL level.)
-Rinne No Lagrange
-Top wo Nerae! Gunbuster
-Great Mazinger
-Galactic Cyclone Bryger (A not-super robot show about crime lords. In space.)

Did someone say Valkyria Chronicles? I try to resist, but I can feel its pull...